• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

itwasTuesday

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Welp, did a few rolls.
alt: Anima, Sumire, Kaede (wish it was my main)
main: 2nd Kami, 3rd Wukong and 1st Ney.

I guess blue Ney for Blonia team

Jagernaut

Oct 27, 2017
YOLO godfest roll was Delgado which was new (completed my Armor Knight collection) but not very useful nowadays.

Jody

Nov 8, 2017
What is everyone using for yusuke subs? Not sure who I should use. Send like damage is through the roof and beerbe off with utility actives .Leaving toward blue focus since I have 2 Nene .

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
What is everyone using for yusuke subs? Not sure who I should use. Send like damage is through the roof and beerbe off with utility actives .Leaving toward blue focus since I have 2 Nene .
Depends on the dungeon. Odin Dragon is a must for end game content. Besides that a Follow Up Attack sub (Blue Cotton and Amatsu being the best, but Rushana, NY Kamimusubi, Paimon and Aten can all fill in here), Then it's whatever utility you need. Awoken Tachibana, Yuna, Amenominakanushi, Edward Elric, Alphonse Elric, Raijin, etc... all work great to fill in the last spots. For general purpose I'd bring 1 shield and one spike. A spike isn't normally needed but against something you need to make a box to kill via Void Damage Pierce it'll be necessary more often than not. If you don't need that a delay works too.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
So I attempted c10 on my alt paired with my main, ed/yusuke. I figured it would be doable with some stones. Surprisingly it only took 1! Alt gets the free ragdra for 1 stone lol, apparently I should of just saved that for both accounts. Pairing those two isn't as bad as I assumed. Was easy to stall for fujin inherit on vishnu with heart skyfall with ed's shield and yusuke's hp.

Might try some other end game content with that combo, ed's flexibility with subs is a huge help.

Kwhit10

Oct 27, 2017
The Ltd times are all messed up said I was at 2100 which was 9pm for me but it never came. Checked my alt and it was for 1800 or 6pm but ended up showing up at 10pm.

So I was able to coop with my main and was able to go from almost no jewels to about 80+

Quantum

Oct 25, 2017
ended up finishing May quest on main and alt using some stones before rolling foolishly.

recent birthday compelled me to buy a couple of packs - first pack was neat - Ney, Cotton, blue egg (blonia happy), new enkidu - shamash ; FIRST ceres after 1880 days

second pack - RNG sets in - nothing new, one 6* dupe sylvie.

regrets set in, but it was a B-Day splurge.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
A few godfest rolls yesterday; more out of boredom than sense. Got some weird stuff

1. Amaterasu (New)
2. Ars Nova (sold)
3. Hermes (New)
4. Kanna (#3)
5. Shamash (New, but what does one do with it?)

I mean, I didn't get anything great, but I've wanted an Amaterasu and Hermes for a while (though I have no actual use for them currently), so it feels good. I'm looking at Kanna as 1/4 a useful collab roll and Shamash is from the new pantheon at least. Although, Shamash is really oddly designed, I can't come up with any use cases, which is rather odd for a brand new card.

I think it depends on what you need. I've found that RCV and TE are the major issues I have with the team. To be fair, I'm rather bad at combos, so that is likely a personal problem. Other than that, selecting for 7c awakenings is obviously helpful. My current team is Yusuke (Unawoken Nene)/Alphonse (Awoken Tachibana)/Aife (Barioth equip)/Diochan (Stopwatch)/Diochan (Stopwatch) with the RCV badge.

I think, between the two leads, if you include one other heavy damage sub, you can comfortably fill the other slots with utility, such as Odindra, Nene, or whatever. Well for most dungeons anyway. Other great units I've seen run are Ideal, Ed, Light cotton, blue cotton (RCV sucks though), Cronus (but will need to match green for damage), Yuna (kinda great all the way around), Reincarnated Indra, Tachibana (RCV issues though), Light Ney, among others. Really flexible team building.

ended up finishing May quest on main and alt using some stones before rolling foolishly.

recent birthday compelled me to buy a couple of packs - first pack was neat - Ney, Cotton, blue egg (blonia happy), new enkidu - shamash ; FIRST ceres after 1880 days

second pack - RNG sets in - nothing new, one 6* dupe sylvie.

regrets set in, but it was a B-Day splurge.

I mean, I think you have put this all in perspective a bit with planned expenditures. Like, as long as I set a limit and stick to it, I think it is easy to feel pretty good if I rolled some cool stuff. Also, in contrast to other hobbies, I've come to appreciate how little space this one takes up. Like I have a back room full of magic cards, warhammer junk, and videogame paraphernalia. Don't feel bad for doing something you enjoy.

Jody

Nov 8, 2017
Depends on the dungeon. Odin Dragon is a must for end game content. Besides that a Follow Up Attack sub (Blue Cotton and Amatsu being the best, but Rushana, NY Kamimusubi, Paimon and Aten can all fill in here), Then it's whatever utility you need. Awoken Tachibana, Yuna, Amenominakanushi, Edward Elric, Alphonse Elric, Raijin, etc... all work great to fill in the last spots. For general purpose I'd bring 1 shield and one spike. A spike isn't normally needed but against something you need to make a box to kill via Void Damage Pierce it'll be necessary more often than not. If you don't need that a delay works too.

I have 2000 days in the game and I'm completely lost with all the new stuff. I was digging through my box yesterday and turns out I have Ideal who seems really good for the team, then I went and f'd it up by evo'ing her to dark not realizing cards change now. Thought I had Amatsu but apparently not... lol. I'll have to buy Odin dragon, but I already have Aife who seems really strong for the team. I've been looking for something to blow MP on, I'm sitting at 1.2 mil.

Speaking of MP cards. Any of the new 750k cards worth it?

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
Amen is if you are a master at this game. I'm not good enough to play him, but watching someone that is, is really something else.

Jody

Nov 8, 2017
Is there a better version of ideal? Dark or light? With ruling her bank to light to use as sub?

feline fury

Dec 8, 2017
Dark > Light as a leader but Light >> Dark as a sub. Since you already have Yusuke as a top leader, most people are going to say make her Light (especially since the Light version is a great sub for Yusuke). I'm still keeping mine Dark because I like having a strong combo team with ridiculous orb time as an alternative (it's also my best team for All Att dungeons). Plus, I'm not seeing a vast upgrade between A.Tachi and L.Ideal as a Yusuke sub - might be wrong on that but we'll see.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
I have had L.Ideal but mostly using as a leader because I can't stand her not bringing any fingers to my teams, even tho I have Yusuke. I'm seriously thinking about making her dark and leading with her because I loooooove her built in move time and making combos > making rainbows.

Quantum

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I think you have put this all in perspective a bit with planned expenditures. Like, as long as I set a limit and stick to it, I think it is easy to feel pretty good if I rolled some cool stuff. Also, in contrast to other hobbies, I've come to appreciate how little space this one takes up. Like I have a back room full of magic cards, warhammer junk, and videogame paraphernalia. Don't feel bad for doing something you enjoy.

very well stated, and I agree completely - PAD is a compact addiction that fills the space between other things perfectly - just feel taken advantage of sometimes, but they are fleeting feelings. I think I've stated it before - since playing PAD I have spent much less on video games in general - but I don't know that I would attribute that to PAD or just coming to the realization that I don't need to own everything (at least on day 1).

Kwhit10

Oct 27, 2017
Did June C10 with anubulos and Tardis to stall on floor 1 endlessly for a delay skill and the rest was pretty straight forward with Yusuke for the VDP last level.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
How common is it to get a gaiadragon from A3? I need them to evo my OdinDras and it doesn't look like his dungeon comes around often.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Dang that sucks, I don't have an A3 clear yet, so it's not even a given that I would be able to do it yet, but was kinda hoping he was a pretty common spawn/drop from there on the off chance I could finish it. Guess I'll just wait for the dungeon to come around again.

Scruffy

Oct 28, 2017
I'm hoping the data recovery process with GungHo is easy since my game suddenly crashes each time when I start it. I tried looking for fixes for my android phone but all of the ones I've found have not worked. I'm guessing some files got corrupted because it was working fine until my phone died while playing the game.

Jody

Nov 8, 2017
What's the best Evo for fujin? Not sure I need the extra 7 combo but the bind immunity seems really useful .

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
What's the best Evo for fujin? Not sure I need the extra 7 combo but the bind immunity seems really useful .
Both forms have their uses. Consider sub type, sub attribute and leaderskill to make your choice. I prefer the 2x 7c form just for the typing and use as a sub but really it depends on what you need.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
I'm hoping the data recovery process with GungHo is easy since my game suddenly crashes each time when I start it. I tried looking for fixes for my android phone but all of the ones I've found have not worked. I'm guessing some files got corrupted because it was working fine until my phone died while playing the game.
Uninstall/reinstall doesn't work? Sounds like the game isn't launching at all and isn't a data recovery thing so not sure what GH can do if a reinstall and trying to start a fresh account doesn't work. In any case if it's a corruption in your account data somehow I'm sure they will help, for as antiquated as a login system as they're running now at least their customer service works well. Hope you have your secret code logged somewhere, it's immensely helpful.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Got late for anime school Ishtar. Seems like a good Yusuke board so I think I'll be able to use it. No stones or desire to pull on this REM anyways looks like trash mostly.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Academy REM is mostly garbage so I don't recommend throwing stones at it but I won't lie, school Hestia would be reeeeeeally nice for me.

Last edited:

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't even know you get get a roll for a $1 (these deals are the only time I spend money on pad)

Rolled another diamond, Acala. Nice but probably won't use at all.

Like, if they want a steady, small stream of money from me, $1 roll per collab is a good way to get it. I hope they keep it up, it feels very reasonable, even for the shitty stuff.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Free roll today was a Hestia. Haven't tried my alt yet.
This is my jealous face.

I'll explain my desire for Hestia:
I like Rushana. She's a fun cross lead with plenty of tankiness a short cooldown super useful active and I have a mostly great sub pool for her. I'm missing one thing from it being an incredible team: an RCV stick. I can use Mel and she more than gets the job done while still providing me with enough HP to deal with BS in Alt Arena but there's a better option...Hestia. Normal Awoken Hestia is good. Wood Sub-Attribute, great board change and the active's downside of no skyfall doesn't mean anything to rushana so every 7 turns you have a potential burst board (other actives notwithstanding). The thing that makes her truly shine on the team though is her 3x Heart OE awakenings and a stellar RCV. Combined she becomes Rushana's best RCV stick...or she was until School Hestia showed up. School Hestia has all of the upside and on top of that is ALSO green main attribute meaning she can contribute much more to the team's overall damage and accept stat boosts from on color inherits like Rathian, Avalon Drake, and Sylvie. On top of that her active is (imo) the superior color damage absorb void version at the cost of 8 more turns in cooldown (15 turns total for this version).

She's also the ONLY G/R FUA card. This opens options for team building in All Att. Req'd dungeons for teams like Tardis, Kaede, and the like.

bjork

Oct 27, 2017
I had no idea, heh. I wish I was a more active/knowledgeable player, I've been fiddling around with the same Ideal rainbow team for quite awhile now.

Kwhit10

Oct 27, 2017
Blade don't make your arguments so convincing you're almost making me want to pull on the collab with my remaining stones. But already getting 2 diamonds I'll have to restrain myself.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Blade don't make your arguments so convincing you're almost making me want to pull on the collab with my remaining stones. But already getting 2 diamonds I'll have to restrain myself.
Here's the flip side: she's a 2% roll and not available in the exchange shop. You've got a 1 in 50 chance at rolling her and the consolation prizes are largely poor. If she was a 6* I'd roll a pack with a 7.5% chance at getting her, if she was an 8* I'd exchange for her. At 7* she's basically the hardest roll worth getting and only really useful in the situations I outlined above or at best a place holder sub in other teams. She's mostly useless on Gronia for example.

My desire is strongly biased toward a Rushana use and potential utility from both her attributes and active. I need to emphasize my desire. The Academy REM has no real incredible standout cards beyond Uruka and even she's only situationally useful (the heroine form is better in nearly all respects and Riche completely outclasses her) so there's no good reason to blow stones or GFE tradables on this when Persona, maybe Kenshin?, and the 6* Super Godfest are on the horizon. There's a lot of utility in the Academy REM but only 3 cards provide really useful unique utility via actives (Uruka, Loki, and Ishtar). The other stuff is available in the normal REM.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
Here's the flip side: she's a 2% roll and not available in the exchange shop. You've got a 1 in 50 chance at rolling her and the consolation prizes are largely poor. If she was a 6* I'd roll a pack with a 7.5% chance at getting her, if she was an 8* I'd exchange for her. At 7* she's basically the hardest roll worth getting and only really useful in the situations I outlined above or at best a place holder sub in other teams. She's mostly useless on Gronia for example.

My desire is strongly biased toward a Rushana use and potential utility from both her attributes and active. I need to emphasize my desire. The Academy REM has no real incredible standout cards beyond Uruka and even she's only situationally useful (the heroine form is better in nearly all respects and Riche completely outclasses her) so there's no good reason to blow stones or GFE tradables on this when Persona, maybe Kenshin?, and the 6* Super Godfest are on the horizon. There's a lot of utility in the Academy REM but only 3 cards provide really useful unique utility via actives (Uruka, Loki, and Ishtar). The other stuff is available in the normal REM.

Wow, you're right. Collab 7* are now the most difficult to acquire collab cards. How odd. Oh school Isis, why do you suck so badly?

Kwhit10

Oct 27, 2017

Well I was interested as a rushana sub as you mention and enjoyed playing her in the past. But at that rate I knew it be a tough pull and I'll be saving my stones.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Ok I'm not sure where to post this but I guess this is the most relevant place...

I'm looking for a hardware solution to stream PAD from a Google Pixel. From some research it appears the Pixel doesn't support VESA DisplayPort Alternate Mode which normally allows a USB-C to HDMI cable to work. Most PAD streamers are on iOS but I like the (usually) flexible Android and I use the Google Rewards surveys to fund the addiction without breaking the bank. I've seen at least one streamer get the job done (KalystC) and I plan on asking her for more info. Initially I was planning on something like USB-C-->HDMI plugged into an ElGato plugged into my PC. Ideally this would solve the audio desync and video lag between the game and my webcam problems I'm having now.

With the Pixel 2 being a thing it's hard to find any workaround (aside from rooting which isn't an option for me since I play PAD JP too and rooted devices are blocked) via search engines.

I'm thinking of trying a basic USB-C to HDMI cable plugged into a TV and see what happens since it's easier to return a cable than an El Gato generally. Hell I'd be ok with wireless streaming video to my PC if I didn't have to worry about the audio desync which has become super frustrating.

bjork

Oct 27, 2017
I'm looking for a hardware solution to stream PAD from a Google Pixel.

I'm not sure if the app Reflector is available for android, but that was my choice for capturing footage on iOS, which I just ran through OBS. I assume it would work for streaming as well as just dedicated capture? I want to say the program was like $14 and the app on the phone was free, but you need both so they talk to each other

[edit - and I just saw the words "hardware solution" so never mind, ha!]

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure if the app Reflector is available for android, but that was my choice for capturing footage on iOS, which I just ran through OBS. I assume it would work for streaming as well as just dedicated capture? I want to say the program was like $14 and the app on the phone was free, but you need both so they talk to each other

[edit - and I just saw the words "hardware solution" so never mind, ha!]
I appreciate the effort. My software solution is working but there's significant delay in audio and the video lags behind my web cam by about 5 seconds. It sucks. I'll try a few things and hope it works.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
I saw it on reddit, but in case any of you didn't know. There is 3p descends now, next few days is agni at half stamina, easy stone for 50 stamina.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Managed to get coloring book Kali and Horus on my main just by pulling whatever random pal points I get every day. CB Horus doesn't seem that useful but I'm going to level it up because I know god damned well I'm going to get desperate and throw him on my Yusuke team for that +2 seconds eventually.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
This morning I finished Ragnarok Dragon. I lucked up with the machine...machine (?) and rolled a Canopus. My daughter logged in just to get the free academy roll and she got a Canopus too, which is apparently tradeable. As of last night I only needed Canopus 2x and a Hadar, so I made Hadar this morning and now I have him.

What latents do people usually put on him? I'm guessing godkiller and hope for a godkiller or dragonkiller SA?

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
This morning I finished Ragnarok Dragon. I lucked up with the machine...machine (?) and rolled a Canopus. My daughter logged in just to get the free academy roll and she got a Canopus too, which is apparently tradeable. As of last night I only needed Canopus 2x and a Hadar, so I made Hadar this morning and now I have him.

What latents do people usually put on him? I'm guessing godkiller and hope for a godkiller or dragonkiller SA?
Depends on what you plan on running but I went with 2x SDR and 2x god killers on mine with God killer super awakening.

EDIT:
Reminder: Manticore is one of three monsters you'll need to evolve Panera (Farmable Fujin), the next is Big Foot.

Last edited:

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
She isn't but she's usable as a sub. Also requires a ton of skill ups like Hexazion. So horde those rainbowpys

Speaking of skilling up crazy obnoxious monsters, have they re-run the py-in-mythicals in JP recently? I'd really like to use Hexazion, but I don't think I'll be able to skill him up until that event happens again.