• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
What's the Blonia team?

I'm sitting at 23%, shitting myself
Blonia/ Ragdra/ Brachydios/ Revo Karin/ Kiri /Blonia

The trick is to use revo karin before/on turn 3 AND Ragdra/Kiri before turn 6, Brachydios on Turn 6, the other haste on turn 7, Blonia turn 8, Unlock orbs via L OR Blonia on turn 9, Revo Karin match full board and the Green kills Rikuu.

I think I can do better if I can eliminate the first Revo Karin skill.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Smallest drop in rank today going from ~18->19%.

I'vw Got to be at the top of the "I just want a Rikuu list.

Does anyone have estimates on where the 6%, and 26% breakdowns are?

16% is at 103,500 points

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
Well, that didn't take long. My 116, 056 score is now at 6.3%.

What are the teams that are better than ZV? I feel like I'm not sure how to increase my score at this point. I probably just solve the vulcan board a touch too slowly.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Well, that didn't take long. My 116, 056 score is now at 6.3%.

What are the teams that are better than ZV? I feel like I'm not sure how to increase my score at this point. I probably just solve the vulcan board a touch too slowly.
Are you pushing for a crown? If so and you can build a brachydios you can button vulcan. You lose 5k but gain the time points which is usually worth the trade off.

LiQuid! What are you running? Dragons get 10x to stats and kiri lets you get through a ton of garvage in one combo.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
I would like a crown, but I don't have a brachydios. Is there any other set-up that can button him?
Maybe but it might be worse than just going for it. Off the top of my head if you could button Kagu and Vulcan then HP reset yourself for the rest of the dungeon it might work? You'd lose 10k points which might be worse than just trying to combo faster. You could also bring a +combo active like Cthuga to ease the Vulcan combo requirement.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
LiQuid! What are you running? Dragons get 10x to stats and kiri lets you get through a ton of garvage in one combo.
Been trying a few different things but none of my leaders are working out. Got Kiri on both accts. I guess Gronia is going to be my best bet, but that 8c floor always fucks me. I just need to keep running it until I get lucky on that floor and I don't have the patience.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe but it might be worse than just going for it. Off the top of my head if you could button Kagu and Vulcan then HP reset yourself for the rest of the dungeon it might work? You'd lose 10k points which might be worse than just trying to combo faster. You could also bring a +combo active like Cthuga to ease the Vulcan combo requirement.

To have a plus combo active, I'd need to drop the board change. So then, I'll need to hit 7c, which will end up taking just as much time. I did try it with nene (and the skill boost badge); it will sometimes just end up with 9c with just a swipe, but it doesn't always kill Zeus. And then I don't have the mass attack badge, which makes the multi-floors take some time too, so I'm less sure about it as a strategy.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
I switched out NY yamato for shazel to make the bowl dragon easier/faster. 1st try got me to 10%. I'll probably crown hunt a bit since the team works, but rng in general and especially on the Vulcan floor can be frustrating.

Not having kiri definitely hurts a bit.

Jagernaut

Oct 27, 2017
Best I've done is 107k - 13.7% with a Zeus Verse team. As long as I get Rikuu I'm fine with it. The cutoff is 26%, right?

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah and under 16% you get him leveled. I seem to be stuck at around 8%, can't seem to do much better.

Kwhit10

Oct 27, 2017
Finally got back to 5.6% at 116,55X. This was the third time I was kicked out of crown range and had to get back in. I'm hoping this holds.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
There's another way out for ranking beyond speed clearing assuming you just want Rikuu: Build a combo team with as many dragons as you can.
Reco (I know...) managed a 116k score with Rikuu, 4x Whaledor, and Diablos and 121 seconds left on the clock.
You could replace Rikuu with Ed, Yusuke, Dark Ideal, or Roots and the whales with whatever dragons you have lying around. TE sticks would be nice like Glavenus or Revo Indra. You're shooting for a 10c average. It dramatically increases your consistency on Vulcan too.

feline fury

Dec 8, 2017
Are you pushing for a crown? If so and you can build a brachydios you can button vulcan. You lose 5k but gain the time points which is usually worth the trade off.
I've been trying with/without buttoning that single floor and it feels like a wash. I'm only ~10 sec faster with the button but the score penalty and the naturally lower combo average wipes out that advantage.

Though it might be because my Brachydios variant needs the skill boost badge to have Kiri's Quick Cure inherit up in time for the cat dragon. I'm using the mass attack badge for my other team so I don't need to match more than 3 orbs on floors 1 and 7.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
I've been trying with/without buttoning that single floor and it feels like a wash. I'm only ~10 sec faster with the button but the score penalty and the naturally lower combo average wipes out that advantage.

Though it might be because my Brachydios variant needs the skill boost badge to have Kiri's Quick Cure inherit up in time for the cat dragon. I'm using the mass attack badge for my other team so I don't need to match more than 3 orbs on floors 1 and 7.
What's your team look like?

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Pushing for a Rikku myself. I played a lot last night since I can clear each time and rank up easily, but i'm just not fast enough. I finished with 57 seconds left at best and that only puts me at 40% with 72k points. I tend to need to use too many actives if I get an unlucky board without water/dark orbs and my combo count is usually only around 6.5 (this is making me much better though). I also do too much damage on the final floor and occasionally to Zeus Verse since I usually pop a Blonia to get 9 combo.

Running a Blonia team Blonia/Sherias/Blonia/A.Drake/Kali(dragon version)/Blonia

Tried to pad Skill Boosts with A.Drake so Sherias and Kali would be up immediately if first couple boards didn't have a water/dark combo, but maybe I should just run some other dragons to get more colors and focus on high combo-ing each board? I have Kiri (two actually), Enra, Tardis, Eirika, Kuvia, Julie, Balboa, and Sheena all maxed out. Any ideas to make this easier for me? Also have a Yusuke as a possible lead (or sub for damage to Zeus?)?

Last edited:

feline fury

Dec 8, 2017
What's your team look like?
ZV
Shazel (Mito)
DK Tsubaki (Amaterasu)

My flex spot is either Brachydios or Avalon Drake, depending if I'm buttoning Vulcan. I only have 13 skill boosts with the Brachydios setup (13 + 6 turns doesn't get to Kiri+Mito without the skill boost badge)

I guess I could try slapping devil killer latents on to Avalon and swap out Shazel for Brachydios. That would let me run mass attack badge and button Vulcan. Not sure if one light and one green match is enough for the bowl dragon though.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Brachydios alone should be able to put a giant dent in the bowl. I'd say test it. worst case it doesn't work and you're out 1m coins and 25 stamina. you an put more devil killers on brachydios too.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
OK, I'm going to try another tweak, going for the idea of just using the nene board and swiping to kill vulcan. I'm going to need to run whaledor over kiri, but she was mostly just there for consistency on the last three floors. Rather, I'm going to put Xmas Liu Bei as the last heal; he'll generate extra red. His heal takes longer because of it, but I'll be dropping the heal with haste, so maybe it'll work out in the wash.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
This probably wont crown but this team is a stress free rikuu score, use the mass attack badge
Screenshot_20180614-183633_PAD.jpg
Floor 123: 1c red, green, or light
Floor 4: pop odin dragon then prong light
Floor 5: pop the full heal and 2c red, green or light (any combinations)
Floor 6: brachydios
Floor 7: light wood or fire 1c
Floor 8: quick cure, 1c fire
Floor 9: 1c wood
Floor 10: prong red or 3 match + 1c non red

Just keep running till you get orbs and you should have a score to get rikuu.

Tsubaki can be kiri, brachy can be a bicolor for vulcan but its riskier, odin can be a sb stick. I like him for physical killers vs blonia though. I have odin dragon with claymore equip and 3 physical killer latents and physical killer Super Awakening.

Last edited:

feline fury

Dec 8, 2017
Yeah, I'm basically wavering between 110k and 113k each run. I think I'll need to finish with 200 sec left to make any headway and even that's not likely to top 117k after the 5k penalty.

Iride

Oct 28, 2017
Zeus Verse wasn't working out due to bad boards against Vulcan, so I tried a rough combo team using Romia/Tsubaki/BHunter/Kiri/Roots paired with a friend Rikuu. I hesitated while solving the board a few times, but this managed 90,804 - about 26.7%. Going to keep trying for a more optimal run that will at least push me into the 26% cutoff range.

Kwhit10

Oct 27, 2017
Great pushed out of the crown for the 4th time.

Says I'm at 6.1% with 0 points to the next level...

So cutoff for crown is now at 116,658

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I still haven't budged from 16,056. There were a couple of close calls, but it didn't happen. I think the trick is to hit a few unnecessary combos and try to finish around 190 if possible.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
GF Announced. The gimmick here is the evo'ed neys are available at 7* rates. I'd skip this and hoard stones for the 6 stone super godfest personally.

I'm not going to bother chasing the crown. I could if I dumped a couple stones at it to get the right RNG run but honestly I have my one and I'm happy with it .

Kwhit10

Oct 27, 2017
Finally... Got 118,0xx for 3.0%. 190s left. Finally was able to get a good run with only 1 floor hitting a sky fall although 2 floors I had 2 combos in them since I wasn't using multi badge.

I should be done with this now. I'm hoping this won't get kicked out of the crown.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
GF Announced. The gimmick here is the evo'ed neys are available at 7* rates. I'd skip this and hoard stones for the 6 stone super godfest personally.

I'm not going to bother chasing the crown. I could if I dumped a couple stones at it to get the right RNG run but honestly I have my one and I'm happy with it .

Yeah, I'm going full in on this one. I've never been this close to a crown, so I figure why not. I sort of feel like it will eventually come up if I keep trying at it. I feel like I've been close a few times, just to have skyfall ruin a great run.

Quantum

Oct 25, 2017
would like to push farther, but I just keep getting terrible floors -

main 15.5% (106k) - likely getting kicked out
Alt 16.7% - can't bring myself to push again.

At least I'll get the beast.

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
Just hit 5.5% with a score of 117,252. I used Mantastic's exact team and this score is only 250 below his. If that video he made of his run was actually his first run he had some stupid good luck. You can make it through the entire dungeon but then need to 1c 4 fires or you go over the void limit. The only real room for improvement is that I hit a natural 8c on Vulcan and then skyfell to 11c. Not sure I'll keep chasing if I get pushed out.

Kwhit10

Oct 27, 2017
Did a Yolo pull on the godfest and got Lugh! I'm stopping there. Nice to have a 2nd void adsorption for inherits. Glad I didn't monster exchange for the collab one.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
I seem to be dropping a % a day, so I should be getting Rikku unless there is a massive uptick.

On a side note, did a roll on Kenshin. Got a new Hiko. So now I got both Lugh and Hiko. Life is great

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Free GF pulls:
Wife: Morrigu
Alt: Dark Ney

I fully expect a rider on my main.

My current project is clearing all the arenas with Rushana on a 6x5 board. (by all I mean everything but Alt Arena cause fuck that dungeon). I've got 103 done. A4 is proving to be a tough nut to crack for a few reasons.
Tape: preventing me from getting to orbs I need when most floors require 2 crosses plus combos to kill.
RCV: even with Hestia and Yuna the team has more HP than RCV by a mile so healing becomes problematic
Orb Hunger/Combo shields: As I said I need 2 crosses + a lot of combos just to clear floors (especially combo check ones) so unless I have a golden number of orbs (5 light, 5 green, and enough "other" orbs to hit 7c) I'm probably boned (Alnair, Oichi, Ena, Grato).

As a result I don't think there's a consistent 6x5 team for A4 Rushana 6x5. I have access to a bunch of useful +combo actives but most won't be up in time for Alnair. I'm trying to think of a solution but I may need to abandon the dream and clear with 7x6.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
The newer tamadra invade chance in castle of satan and the alt version is really good. After reading about it on reddit I gave it a try and I'm getting invades at close to 4/5 runs.

Verse with the mass attack badge makes it completely mindless.

Edit: only the alt one has a good drop rate.

Last edited:

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Made it to 31% by making a Zeus team (not fully evolved). I'm a heal inherit short so I have to take a hit on the 99% gravity and take a turn to heal up. I can't get Rikku down in one shot but can manage two. If I could improve on that I could probably get 26% as I'm finishing with 120 seconds left which is a huge improvement over my Blonia team. Problem is it's a bit luck based on having good board change for Zeus and a good board against the chicken.

Went with Zeus Verse/Kiri/Drake/Tardis(Raph)/Gradius(L.Meta)

Oh well, at least it's some good rewards and I'll unlock the next difficulty quests.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
All told, I probably dropped ten stones on stamina over the week, but I ended up with a 3.2% score on the ranking dungeon, which was at 3.4% around 11pm last night. I feel like that means I'm pretty safe for a crown. If you asked me why I bothered with it, I could not give you an answer. I think it has something to do with it just being a thing in the game that I was previously locked out of. I'm also unreasonably happy about the situation.

I also made a few father's day rolls:

1 (Free). Shotel
2. Skuld (my first, pretty jazzed)
3. Carat (#3, but whatever)
4. Shotel
5. Dark Ney
6. Pandora

Pretty nice, all things considered. I don't really have a place for skuld, but I'm happy to have her. Dark Ney is in a similar position, as I'm not sure exactly where I want her or another color ney at the moment. Light ney would be fun on Yusuke, but the active is unhelpful and she doesn't bring any time; red ney would be cool on gadius, but I run that team pretty rarely; blue ney would be nice on blonia, but I also don't run it much. Still, nice problem to have. I'm even happy for the pandora dupe--hopefully one day gremory will have a moment in the spotlight again.

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
I got pushed out yesterday (which I expected) so I started playing last night with a full 16 ranking runs worth of stam and was going to blow it all to get back in. 2nd run was damn near perfect and landed me at 2.4% so after almost 1000 days of consecutive play I'm going to get my first crown. :D

Since I had a bunch of play time still blocked out for the evening I tried to do the same on my alt but only managed 8.4% The account doesn't have 2 Tsubakis so I ran Shazel instead, which made Bowl Dragon faster but Rikuu harder. I had to get 4 enhanced fire and a dark TPA with no extra combos and the orbs just weren't cooperating. Also, the account is on a Kindle and there was some weird behavior with skill usage that cost time. On floor 4 I had to pop a heal and then a damage void but unlike my phone, I couldn't use the void until the particle FX from the heal completely finished.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
What did you guys use on c10? I haven't tried it yet, but it's the last one left this month. I don't really care about the Sakuya, but wouldn't mind it if it's not a huge hassle/meme team affair.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Any team with Tardis should smoke C10. Just keep recasting the time buff on Diza and you can stall up whatever you need to finish out the dungeon.

I'm getting my ass kicked in A4 with Rushana. I've reached the number callers twice and both times left them with less than a pixel of health. I know I can do it so it's just a matter of getting the job done but maaaaan is it frustrating. Also the first half of A4 is much harder than the back half minus the number caller in my experience. The constant board jank and 1/2'd RCV is really noticible with Rushana, whereas the back half of the dungeon is a lot of high HP high damage floors with minimal board BS.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
What did you guys use on c10? I haven't tried it yet, but it's the last one left this month. I don't really care about the Sakuya, but wouldn't mind it if it's not a huge hassle/meme team affair.

It's what I'm currently on. I was going to go after it with the Mantastic team (Anublos). Use Tardis to stall floor one to get everyone's skills up. 5 turn delay on floor 3. Then take it to the house with Yusuke on final floor with a 3x3. He makes it look so easy, but in practice I'm sure it's hard.

I already have a Sakuya so I probably won't stone it, I'm working on getting my count back up for the 6* GFE and I've reach a point where the Daily Special dungeons are all done for me and I'm working through purchased dungeons and tri-monster tech dungeons. I think its going to be hard to start amassing stones at this point.