• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Agreed on Dmeta. Not sure what's going on there but hell I'm eager to try since it's something I can finally pair with my wife besides Diablos.

On Ranking. I did fine after experimenting with a few teams. The one that was the most successful for me was: Anubis, Mel, Elizabeth, Anji, Ilmina, Diablos, TE Badge
F21: combo
FL2: Mel +combo
FL3: combo
FL4: combo
FL5: Anji
FL6: Combo <--Dark L here for Elizabeth to help damage cap if Diablos doesn't.
FL7: Combo (pray for 80% skill bind resist)
FL8: Ilmina
FL9: Combo/swipe depending on time and amount of RNG you're good with.

First try once I dialed the team in was 10% score. I feel like making the cutoff 26% means she'll be pretty accessible for anyone interested in her. I may try to swap Mel with Hades for the grav just to see if it's faster assuming I can get the skill ups needed (probably replacing Anji with Honjo).

Kwhit10

Oct 27, 2017
First try once I dialed the team in was 10% score. I feel like making the cutoff 26% means she'll be pretty accessible for anyone interested in her. I may try to swap Mel with Hades for the grav just to see if it's faster assuming I can get the skill ups needed (probably replacing Anji with Honjo).

I feel like hades hurts my time since I'm using his revo form so I have the time extend with the gravity. This subconsciously let's me just combo until the time is up for the turn

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
I am using a jank team, anubis, Lucifer, saria, ra, tsubaki, paired with ilmina. Works well enough. Am at 13% now and not trying for a crown. Just want the free card.

feline fury

Dec 8, 2017
Holy Night Santa Claus, Hera seems like a perfect sub for this ranking dungeon (30% grav, cloud resist super awakening) but I don't want to invest all the +eggs and pys into her for one dungeon lol.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone got any insight into what kind of score is likely to stay better than 26%? I've seen some places that list the JP crown score, but that even seems rather out-of-date according to reddit.

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
Highest is 117K so far. Gonna keep trying until I get to 120K+ for guaranteed 26% since there's really nothing else to do.

feline fury

Dec 8, 2017
5.0% now - that's never going to hold but it's the first time I've been within range of a crown so I'm going to savor it hahaha

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I don't have enough lasers on my main to score high here. I can do the Anubis/Ilmina pair and use Ilmina on the Tans and then Julie with a quick swipe on the next floor but that and the shynee floor hurt my combo average if I just swipe and time score if I try and combo a full 7x6 board. It's also luck if I can get a FUA on floor 2 but if not Anubis skill can clear the posions but hurts the combo score. I could throw some Knights and Christmas Hera on my team but I don't want to burn the resources.

My alt doesn't have a good 7x6 bi color combo lead but has Sherias Roots and Ra to laser it up. I can run Zela for FUA but luck again if hearts are ready. Capping out at 90 seconds and 40% there. I might try and run Zela as a lead paired with Ilmina, might not be consistent damage but might be enough to get it done and have three button clears. Running a Blonia team I have to take an extra turn on floor 2 with Aife to clear the poisons and an extra turn on the final floor to clear the clouds.

Last edited:

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
115k is still holding at ~20%. I'm hoping it is enough to get the monster. Seems like it has been dropping slower recently, so that is encouraging.

I don't have enough lasers on my main to score high here. I can do the Anubis/Ilmina pair and use Ilmina on the Tans and then Julie with a quick swipe on the next floor but that and the shynee floor hurt my combo average if I just swipe and time score if I try and combo a full 7x6 board. It's also luck if I can get a FUA on floor 2 but if not Anubis skill can clear the posions but hurts the combo score. I could throw some Knights and Christmas Hera on my team but I don't want to burn the resources.

My alt doesn't have a good 7x6 bi color combo lead but has Sherias Roots and Ra to laser it up. I can run Zela for FUA but luck again if hearts are ready. Capping out at 90 seconds and 40% there. I might try and run Zela as a lead paired with Ilmina, might not be consistent damage but might be enough to get it done and have three button clears. Running a Blonia team I have to take an extra turn on floor 2 with Aife to clear the poisons and an extra turn on the final floor to clear the clouds.

Just a note that nukes can work for some of the floors instead of lasers. I would imagine nearly any nuke would kill the floor before the boss, saving you a floor you need to combo. Probably enough to score higher at least, with some work.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Just a note that nukes can work for some of the floors instead of lasers. I would imagine nearly any nuke would kill the floor before the boss, saving you a floor you need to combo. Probably enough to score higher at least, with some work.

I tried that with Yu from Persona collab and the penalty for button press versus the time saved didn't seem to help a ton since she has a slow animation board change as well, but I could probably eek out a few thousand more points. I did improve to 110 seconds by just combo-ing faster but still can't break 90k points. Not having a gravity for floor 2 sucks and no cloud resist for the final board. I could grind out Christmas Hera skill ups, but how worth it is Sonia Elle?

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
Yog can get a pretty easy 15-25% rank.

My team was

Yog (leader version)
Kuwabara (for laser)
Red Odin (for SB and multi target laser)
Pollux (Low cool down skill)
Momiji (for heal orbs and yellow orbs and FUA)

My team was very not optimal, I pretty much spent 5 minutes putting the team together and I still hit 120K.

Basically I went

F1 - Pollux if needed
F2 - Momiji and FUA (should be fully healed) if no pollux left try to save some yellow orbs.
F3 - Match Pollux if available or needed.
F4 - Yog
F5 - Red Odin poison don't match for max speed.
F6 - Kuwabara
F7 - Match
F8 - Match
F9 - Yog and hope for the best. You have enough visual to almost guarantee 2 yellow matches (Sometimes the cloud could block something that links first and last column).

There's a couple points of trolling like F9 is 80 percent success rate or Momiji doesn't generate enough yellow or heal.. I've ran many runs and didn't notice it as much of a problem. I pretty much consistently get between 100K and 115K.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Finally some luck again...managed to pull Bride Rushana. Is she a worthwhile lead ?

Also evolved my Yog...didn't even know he recieved a Uevo. Just went Light/Blue.

feline fury

Dec 8, 2017
I'm just bouncing around in the high 120ks. Feels like I need to have perfect boards plus favorable skyfall in order to break 130k.

Can't decide if I'm better off running a team with more orb time and going for more combos or just speeding through, hoping for skyfall to carry me. With the former, I'm averaging around 11c but my times are all below 160s remaining. With the latter, I can get to 170+ s but my combos suffer a lot.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
I can not seem to break through 110k. Now I'm trying a third button to save combo score on level 8. But it's tight. Really tight.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Finally some luck again...managed to pull Bride Rushana. Is she a worthwhile lead ?

Also evolved my Yog...didn't even know he recieved a Uevo. Just went Light/Blue.
She's great for Rushana lead swap and also capable of serious damage. The lack of tank stats means she'll suffer in higher difficulty content unless paired with someone like Rushana though.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
beat my 111k... got 112k, but that got me another 1% above 26%.

scraping the bottom of the barrel on this one for Sonia elle. I have a feeling I won't feel comfortable until monday morning.

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
Sitting at 14% and 20% on main and alt respectively. Main had cloud resist Anubis and luckily a school Hathor for the gravity since apparently I converted my max skilled Nordis into a gem for some reason. Hathor also gives a 2x time buff for 2 turns so I think I lost a lot of time on floor 2 and 3 just blindly over comboing. In fact I think I over did it on combos on most floors since I was able to take the TE badge so might hammer some more to see if I can score another crown.

My alt is less promising since it has no reasonable gravity solutions so I opted for Mel's active and then combos. I also opted to use a def void on F5 and combo it and F6 since the void carries over but I'm not sure the extra combos and less laser penalty actually made up for the time loss. Not sure I'll grind that account much as long as it stays in range for Sonia.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
She's great for Rushana lead swap and also capable of serious damage. The lack of tank stats means she'll suffer in higher difficulty content unless paired with someone like Rushana though.
Thanks mate, I'll play around with her and see if I can gather some Rushana friends on my list.

I thought the Cross meta was back for a second not realizing that crossing with her only boost atk and doesn't offer damage reduction like back in the Morning days.

On some more positive note...I was browsing to my monster list and see who can be evolved and saw that Blodin and Rodin got their new evolutions ...so yeah I have my two first animated units and they look nice. I don't know how good they are in the current meta but ik looking forward to build teams for them.

Also saw that Myr...freaking Myr has a new Evo ....same for Dark Athena(also animated). Man I need this shit, but I'm missing materials as of now and have to figure out where to get them.

Still have to evolve the Cotton I bought 1m MP ages ago....these material though.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
I just can't figure out how to get more out of this rank, I can run an anubis with 3 buttons and kami for floor two. I also can get a decent score running a Kami team, but not as good as the anubis team.

25.2%...

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
On some more positive note...I was browsing to my monster list and see who can be evolved and saw that Blodin and Rodin got their new evolutions ...so yeah I have my two first animated units and they look nice. I don't know how good they are in the current meta but ik looking forward to build teams for them.

I evo'd my Rodin yesterday, still out classed by Blonia/Gronia due to the natural TE and HP/RCV boosts on those leaders even though Rodin is less orb hungry. I think the HP will be a limiting factor unless one can find a good non-Rodin leader pair. Could be a decent sub maybe?

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
I hope gintama makes it to NA. I really want to try pairing the new sub uvo ameno with the gin ameno costume. Would make for a tanky, less orb hungry build, with plenty of multiplier.

Edit: you could build around 7c with that even.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
anyone have any more tips for this rank dungeon? I feel lost.

EDIT: I am consistently clearing it around 145 to 150 second left. This is running Anubis/Diablos with Ra for floor 5, P3 protag for floor before final, Kami as sub for FUA, P4 protagonist for Neptune (though I have run UFO Ver 2).

I have not had an ilmina show up on my friends list all week.

The other good clear is Kami/(kami/Gronia/Vraska) with largely the same subs (P3 protag, P4 protag, Yomidra (cloud resist), and Ra).

I have a melissa but she is only skill level 1. I have Christmas Kali, but she is skill level 5 (and does not have cloud resist). I do not have an Ilm or Ilmina.

Just looking for anything I can do to just get sonia elle. I am at 25.6% now, and it is not looking likely for me to get her.

Last edited:

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
392 704 331

I'm keeping mine up in slot one for the whole week if you need another friend with her.

Do you have any skilled gravities (25%+) for floor 2? That's going to be faster than FUA, especially if you don't have an active that makes a column for you.
Invite sent! You run brachydios?

I have a brachydios, and outside of the occasional button I have no idea who runs with him.

Despite playing for five years, I still feel super casual with this game

Kwhit10

Oct 27, 2017
anyone have any more tips for this rank dungeon? I feel lost.

EDIT: I am consistently clearing it around 145 to 150 second left. This is running Anubis/Diablos with Ra for floor 5, P3 protag for floor before final, Kami as sub for FUA, P4 protagonist for Neptune (though I have run UFO Ver 2).

I have not had an ilmina show up on my friends list all week.

The other good clear is Kami/(kami/Gronia/Vraska) with largely the same subs (P3 protag, P4 protag, Yomidra (cloud resist), and Ra).

I have a melissa but she is only skill level 1. I have Christmas Kali, but she is skill level 5 (and does not have cloud resist). I do not have an Ilm or Ilmina.

Just looking for anything I can do to just get sonia elle. I am at 25.6% now, and it is not looking likely for me to get her.

I'm also running ilmina slot 1 for the week.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the ilmina(s). After a day to make sure I know how it works and then for them to pop back up I got another 2k of points in the rank.

114k, 25.1%. I am sweating this rank.

All I want is Sonia Elle!

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
ended up with a preliminary rank of 25.3% that rank was rough.

I wonder where the point level breakdowns were in Japan.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
I hope gintama makes it to NA. I really want to try pairing the new sub uvo ameno with the gin ameno costume. Would make for a tanky, less orb hungry build, with plenty of multiplier.

Edit: you could build around 7c with that even.

Yeah, the gintama collab is interesting. My perception is that it isn't a property with a lot of roots in the west (my daughter and her friends are very into anime and they aren't super aware of it), but the event-style treatment it is getting suggests that GH would probably bring it over. It is an odd collab with few outstanding rolls, but a lot of general value. Strangely enough, it seems to feature alternates of some viable leads, which is better than most. Some of the 5* are worth the trouble too.

You can farm unlimited Sarias in the upcoming(?) Gintama collab
It's a pretty nice-ish consolation for the Sonia elless ?
Same board
http://m.puzzledragonx.com/monster.asp?n=4781

Sure, but looking at the exchange rate, it will be a lot of farming to get multiples. I do like that alt-Saria is such a clear row sub, gives her a unique niche.

ended up with a preliminary rank of 25.3% that rank was rough.

I wonder where the point level breakdowns were in Japan.

If I recall correctly, it was quite a bit lower. Something like 128k for a crown and 98k for the monster. We had more time and more access to cloud resist.

jiggle

Dec 23, 2017
Seeing Gintoko in 3p was disappointing
Same problem anubis has with 6x5 board
Sounds amazing in solo though

Sure, but looking at the exchange rate, it will be a lot of farming to get multiples. I do like that alt-Saria is such a clear row sub, gives her a unique niche.

Very time consuming yeah
But not too bad, stamina wise
Annihilation co-op gets you over 100k rank xp for every 25stamina
So, depending on rank, can run it almost endlessly

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
My main got elle, but on the alt I ended up a bit over 27% unfortunately. I tried to up it last night, but only having 1 button and no ilmina friends it was hopeless. Getting anubis/jhoira to 27% with 1 button was painful.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
My main got elle, but on the alt I ended up a bit over 27% unfortunately. I tried to up it last night, but only having 1 button and no ilmina friends it was hopeless. Getting anubis/jhoira to 27% with 1 button was painful.
i agree, I had to go DEEP in the well for my other button (UFO from the groovecoaster collab) and feline fury came through for the ilmina friend (which makes that the third button). and only barely made it to under top 26%.

Seriously, Feline Fury I owe you for that ilmina. Could not have done it without you.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Heads up, coin dungeons are cheap so if you have the stam to run them tamas are badically up all week.

Also +30 thoth and sopdet in coop is the best stam per plus available.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
Such a weird week. There are things to do, but they are all kinda chore-y. I feel like we have fewer monthly dungeons to mess with lately.

We also have a stream this weekend. Seems like Eir is a lock, but not sure what else to expect. I feel like it is a bit early for the GH or summer collab, but they'll be a bit light on content if it is just Eir.

My Borma dungeon is coming up for expiration in five days, so I need to plot out a plan to kill the dungeon. Probably going to try Kaede again, since she worked well enough on Keela and I now have a pixel brachy and two dios ready to go.

feline fury

Dec 8, 2017
Seriously, Feline Fury I owe you for that ilmina. Could not have done it without you.
Glad to help! There's definitely a disparity between players who have the right cards and those who don't in the non-fixed team ranking dungeons.

My Borma dungeon is coming up for expiration in five days, so I need to plot out a plan to kill the dungeon. Probably going to try Kaede again, since she worked well enough on Keela and I now have a pixel brachy and two dios ready to go.
Borma is the only one of the five in which it makes sense to grab multiples right? (one Tyrannos for each super awakening) I was thinking of grinding the Borma dungeon down with Kiri but 1000+ turns is a lot for the safety.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
Glad to help! There's definitely a disparity between players who have the right cards and those who don't in the non-fixed team ranking dungeons.

Borma is the only one of the five in which it makes sense to grab multiples right? (one Tyrannos for each super awakening) I was thinking of grinding the Borma dungeon down with Kiri but 1000+ turns is a lot for the safety.

Since we have no knowledge of if/when we will get access to these things again and they are also new enough that they could be used in future evos, I've approached them from the perspective of getting one to keep, and then making at 4-5 jewels.

Like, it is entirely possible that when Red Myr gets her evo, she would need Borma. They are functionally the next wave of Radar dragons, so it makes sense to stock up, as it can take a while for them to show up in guerilla dungeons, OSC, or arena. Although, I think one of them just popped into a OSC in JP, but I'm not sure.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
Eir is a pain to uvo, like really any good farmable card is. I'll probably py her since the dungeon is annoying and not fast, as well as having so many badpys since dark hasn't been relevant for a bit.

She is apparently an important sub on new dmeta, which I am happy about. Dark used to be my favorite color to play, happy to have a meta lead in that color again. Plenty of time to finish eir until dmeta gets here I suppose.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Eir is a pain to uvo, like really any good farmable card is. I'll probably py her since the dungeon is annoying and not fast, as well as having so many badpys since dark hasn't been relevant for a bit.

She is apparently an important sub on new dmeta, which I am happy about. Dark used to be my favorite color to play, happy to have a meta lead in that color again. Plenty of time to finish eir until dmeta gets here I suppose.

Interesting, I have D.Meta on my alt which will need some subs. I guess I'll go hard after her, I can clear Legend Plus reliably for a chance at a drop but not so reliable on Mythical Plus.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting, I have D.Meta on my alt which will need some subs. I guess I'll go hard after her, I can clear Legend Plus reliably for a chance at a drop but not so reliable on Mythical Plus.

I got her on mythical plus, still need to beat anhialation for the gem. But yeah, get her if you plan on running dmeta.

jiggle

Dec 23, 2017
Sonia elle to be availabled for 250k mp

Whod knew gung ho jpn and na can have that kind of coordination lol XD