• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jiggle

Dec 23, 2017
New Dragonbound REM bringing lots of firsts

First 4x 7c
3x multiboost
3x VDP
6x SB
6x TPA

Last edited:

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
First off, Fuck that snake. I've not even gotten to the bomb floor yet. The cloud floor really trips me up. Ugh.

Still trying to come up with a plan for byuto. There are a lot of combo shields, so it may just make some sense to ignore a farm team and simply try to beat it straight with something like Yusuke. I don't really need a crap ton of them either, more of a "save until something useful happens" kinda deal. Will probably eventually get around to making a green starter though, since I made the other two.

I also rolled 120 times on the pal machine. I still need a Brunhild and a Coloring book Sonia, but otherwise it went pretty well. I got both of the equip cards, which I wanted, and like four of the dark 7*. Isn't there a second phase with more adds coming up?

New Dragonbound REM bringing lots of firsts

First 4x 7c
3x multiboost
3x VDP
6x SB
6x TPA

I'll give them this, they are trying some different things. Giving up all other awakenings for four 7c is a real choice on many teams. Also, supposedly the monster exchange will require 7* for trade, so that kinda sucks.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I keep falling like 1-2 seconds short on this speed dungeon. Tried an Enra team too since I don't have a lot of Zeus Verse friends but I need to pop quite a few actives to make sure there are red orbs.

Got the blue equip on my alt but after 200 pulls my main only ended with a few reverses, kali, and the other one with the posion/jammer/blind resist.

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
First off, Fuck that snake. I've not even gotten to the bomb floor yet. The cloud floor really trips me up. Ugh.

Still trying to come up with a plan for byuto. There are a lot of combo shields, so it may just make some sense to ignore a farm team and simply try to beat it straight with something like Yusuke. I don't really need a crap ton of them either, more of a "save until something useful happens" kinda deal. Will probably eventually get around to making a green starter though, since I made the other two.
For the cloud phase I think you only need 7c so what I did was focus on just getting one vertical combo inside the clouds first thing and then just focus on matching out the rest of the 5x5.

I ran about 10 Byutos between last night and the night before and the combo shields aren't a worry if you can activate Yusuke. I used Ysukeblos in coop so this might not be doable for everyone but I'll list my tips:

F1: Use a hazard skyfall active like Fenrir to cancel the poison skyfall. Also this floor has a free turn since she just puts up a combo shield before anything else.
F2: Use a TE buff to clear debuff. Another free turn unless you hit her under 50%
F3: FUA
F4: FUA or poison or delay. Bring 100% blind resist or board refresh if you just want to plow through. Also bind clear if you have any bindable God types.
F5: Has a preemptive but I'm not sure how much, didn't seem to big. VDP+burst for victory but you can also bring 100% poison resist and dance around since they never actually hit you with a non-gravity attack.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Was a little tipsy last night and realized Byuto was expiring. Stupidly stoned a few times on stamina and didn't even get him to drop on Mythical or Mythical Plus.

Got a good strategy down today and dropped the ball twice on a Yusuke VDP 7 Combo, last time left him with 2% health so I just used a stone to finish it off. I had to level up that weapon assist that gives you two blind resists and brought along Aten to clear the time debuff.

Feels gross dropping stones on it, but I want at least one of each of these mons and I don't have Zapan so I'm saving my medals for that.

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
So I posted earlier about how the nerf to Serpent Dungeon really helped me out but turns out that wasn't true, it was just dumb luck haha. I've dumped probably all of my alt's stamina into running it over a past few days and never once made it passed the bomb floor. Feels shitty.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
Ended up just giving up on the snake. Probably only tried it like 10 times or so total, so my dedication was lacking. However, it just wasn't fun to me and I didn't want to spend the time it would have taken for me to either get better or just luck into easy boards. Feel free to throw this back in my face when I'm one medal short of something cool in six months.

As for byuto, ended up basically using your strategy Studge, which worked well enough. It was pretty easy to get screwed up on the blind turn if you brought a fast delay. Only farmed five, so we'll see.

Now we have another ranking dungeon. I'm probably going to put some effort into getting into medal range, if for no other reason than to make up for my sucking on the snake.

Kwhit10

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like most of my friends list is going the Zeus verse route. Not much anubis with bicolor inherits or ilminas.

I have my ilminas with blind resist and anubis with typhon inherit to button floor 9.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Got 16% running a verse team with two board changers and two healers. I am hoping that is enough for the rainbow coin. I will likely try to do better later on this week.

Hardest floor is the VDP floor with this team. My normal button deals too much damage, I think (Brachydios)

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Not going to push on this ranking. My time is sadly pretty tight these days so I just keep up with dailies and get "good enough" ranking score which for this one is anything in the 17-27% bracket. I have more diamond dragon fruits than I can use so losing out on that isn't a big deal.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
That wasn't too bad, already 23% (which won't hold), but I can improve.

Zeus Verse team with Blonia, Awoken Raph, Yusuke, Avalon Drake.

Used Yusuke box for the VDP floor, Avalon Drake for the 6 combo floor, Blonia for the final floor (unlocks and bi-color with dark for Zeus sub), and used Awoken Raph before the preemptive floor to block damage.

I'll probably put Awoken Raph on Tardis as an assist to boost my damage. I actually didn't get through one floor on my 23% run.

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad the aggravating snake dungeon was followed up by this really easy ranking, if you have Verse and killer subs that is. Both accounts sitting at 4.1% now, with room to improve. I used Mantastic's Verse team.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
I should build a verse team for this. I have all the recommended cards so really it's just a matter of finding the time. The big thing is the rainbow medal.

I'm also waffling on Amen vs Kuroyuri. Amen is almost certainly the smarter buy for dungeon farming so I just need to see if I can justify Kuroyuri.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
I should build a verse team for this. I have all the recommended cards so really it's just a matter of finding the time. The big thing is the rainbow medal.

I'm also waffling on Amen vs Kuroyuri. Amen is almost certainly the smarter buy for dungeon farming so I just need to see if I can justify Kuroyuri.

Well, you'll always be able buy Amen, but no Kuroyuri.

I'm glad the aggravating snake dungeon was followed up by this really easy ranking, if you have Verse and killer subs that is. Both accounts sitting at 4.1% now, with room to improve. I used Mantastic's Verse team.

What are you using for the bosses? I basically need to bring a board change just for them.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
What are you using for the bosses? I basically need to bring a board change just for them.

Depends on RNG if you have enough light/dark/red to make a kill board without a board change unfortunately. I ran the same team and it took 3 runs to get a board to kill the boss floor.
Team:
Verse (Enhance killer equip)
Sheena (not limit broken if possible)
Aten or D/R Baldin (Lmeta/Mito)
Zeus Dios (Attacker killers or equip with attacker killer)
Aten or D/R Baldin

3-4 combo every floor except the following:
Floor 5: Sheena and combo out
Floor 7: pop Lmeta then Dios and swipe
Floor 9: 1 light combo or 1 dark combo either way dont prong. you can skyfall 1 or two combos but only just
Floor 10: combo hard

Enhance killer equip is either Astalos weapon or the KOF Cart.
The second baldin is probably replaceable with a button for floor 9. I'm going to try Ilmina in the spot when I get a chance.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
Depends on RNG if you have enough light/dark/red to make a kill board without a board change unfortunately. I ran the same team and it took 3 runs to get a board to kill the boss floor.
Team:
Verse (Enhance killer equip)
Sheena (not limit broken if possible)
Aten or D/R Baldin (Lmeta/Mito)
Zeus Dios (Attacker killers or equip with attacker killer)
Aten or D/R Baldin

3-4 combo every floor except the following:
Floor 5: Sheena and combo out
Floor 7: pop Lmeta then Dios and swipe
Floor 9: 1 light combo or 1 dark combo either way dont prong. you can skyfall 1 or two combos but only just
Floor 10: combo hard

Enhance killer equip is either Astalos weapon or the KOF Cart.
The second baldin is probably replaceable with a button for floor 9. I'm going to try Ilmina in the spot when I get a chance.

Yep. Don't have an enhance killer. Is it enough that I find a friend with one on their verse or do both need it?

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, I'm capping out at 22% with Verse/Drake(floor 5)/Blonia(floor 10)/Yusuke(floor 9)/Raph (void damage floor 7)/Verse.

Thoughts on trying this? Going for more consistency so I can get to Floor 10 and try and solve without Blonia. I don't have any enhance killer latents or equips though, might bust this strategy unless I can find friends with Zeus Verse with them.

Verse/Drake(floor 5)/Aten(PEM button, floor 9)/Tardis(heal sub)/Blonia(floor 10 if needed)/Verse -- not sure it'd be much better, the Yusuke VDP is pretty consistent but it does bring down combo count and take time.

I could put a balance killer equip on Blonia and I have a light orb enhance equip on Verse that I could change to an attack killer. I also could run the Zeus Dios strategy with the attack killer equip in place of Tardis and run something other than Blonia with more killers. I also have a Sheena but not leveled up that I could use instead of Drake but then I don't think my PEM equip would be charged, the 4 SB on Drake is kinda big.

Last edited:

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
I got 7 percent (not gonna last) with

Verse
Yog
Drake
Haku
Red Sonia

Verse (with enhance killer)

Fl5 - Sonia
Fl7 - Yog
F9 - single 3 match dark
F10 - Drake if needed

Because I have every colors covered except blue. I can pretty much just short combo while try to get kid of blue, hearts and jammers.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Yog is so unfair, heal and yellow orb generation and you can easily play it to leave yellow orbs on the board for future floor 8.

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, I'm capping out at 22% with Verse/Drake(floor 5)/Blonia(floor 10)/Yusuke(floor 9)/Raph (void damage floor 7)/Verse.

Thoughts on trying this? Going for more consistency so I can get to Floor 10 and try and solve without Blonia. I don't have any enhance killer latents or equips though, might bust this strategy unless I can find friends with Zeus Verse with them.

Verse/Drake(floor 5)/Aten(PEM button, floor 9)/Tardis(heal sub)/Blonia(floor 10 if needed)/Verse -- not sure it'd be much better, the Yusuke VDP is pretty consistent but it does bring down combo count and take time.

I could put a balance killer equip on Blonia and I have a light orb enhance equip on Verse that I could change to an attack killer. I also could run the Zeus Dios strategy with the attack killer equip in place of Tardis and run something other than Blonia with more killers. I also have a Sheena but not leveled up that I could use instead of Drake but then I don't think my PEM equip would be charged, the 4 SB on Drake is kinda big.
You should test your damage in endless to see if you can avoid wasting time with VDP on F9. On my runs both the Verses are max level and 297 and a single dark match will hit under the void level to kill. Unless you have physical killer latents on a Verse yours should hit the same. The void shield is 250k and Verse's dark sub att was hitting aroun 210k with 1c.

Last edited:

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
You should test your damage in endless to see if you can avoid wasting time with VDP on F9. On my runs both the Verses are max level and 297 and a single dark match will hit under the void level to kill. Unless you have physical killer latents on a Verse yours should hit the same. The void shield is 250k and Verse's dark sub att was hitting aroun 210k with 1c.

Hmm good idea, the button is costing me 5k points. My Zeus does have a Physical killer latent but if I use a friends it friends it should still mass attack both for 210k?

I just ran out with my alt using my mains Zeus Verse and was able to get 100k points which was above the JP cutoff for the medal (unfortunately my alt has ZERO of the OSC drops).

Oddly enough Dantalion was the star of the show, so many green enemies that basically any fire match killed them. Went Verse/Dantalion(PEM Button)/Roots(LMeta)/Meimei(Floor 5)/Blonia(Floor 10)...I can still improve by not using a board change on last floor and doing a 1c on Floor 9.

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
I think I was wrong about 1c being over 200k, you might need one or two combos more to get there. I just dumped my whole stam bar to chase a better score and of the few runs that made it that far 1c of dark was around 170k so one Verse might not cut it. You have a few subs with dark sub atts though so they might make up the difference.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Turns out my 297 Verse with a physical killer latent hits like 245k with 1c dark. Have to make sure it's there, but should be able to improve my score with that. So thanks for the advice anyway!

Edit: Yeah just got my main over 100k and my alt just peaked out at 104k with 150 seconds to go. Not sure I can go any faster and I only used one board change on Floor 5 and a heal on 7. I guess I could try and do it without a board change on 5 but other than that it's up to lucky skyfalls. My combo was only at 4.0.

Last edited:

Kwhit10

Oct 27, 2017
Started with the combo technique but not having enough +2 bicolor actives I wasn't too successful.

I've been toying with the mantastic zues verse build. I got to about 6% but wasn't confident it would hold for the crown. So instead of a heal active then Zeus Dios active on the blind floor I started using yog. Heal with bicolor board and a swipe is quick plus gets more combos. After 3 tries with this modification I got to 118856 and now at 1.4%. So I think I'm done with this ranking as I'm pretty confident this score will hold for a crown.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
Well, I'm stuck at just under 114k with a Verse team, I think I'm going to need to make some changes to get higher. Problems I've run into: 1. I don't have an active that will change the jammer skyfall. This makes the last floor, in particular, a real crapshoot. 2. With only Blade's ZV having enhance killer equip, it can be challenging to have enough light to drop the last floor; I've been running an additional board change to compensate, but it just ends up being much slower.

Started with the combo technique but not having enough +2 bicolor actives I wasn't too successful.

I've been toying with the mantastic zues verse build. I got to about 6% but wasn't confident it would hold for the crown. So instead of a heal active then Zeus Dios active on the blind floor I started using yog. Heal with bicolor board and a swipe is quick plus gets more combos. After 3 tries with this modification I got to 118856 and now at 1.4%. So I think I'm done with this ranking as I'm pretty confident this score will hold for a crown.

Yeah, yog seems to be an efficient solution. I just don't have access to one. Running Angelit (it's skill up) doesn't work as well either, as I end up short on skill boosts. I may end up trying Angelit again, if I can figure it out.

Studge

Oct 25, 2017

Damn, nice. Wish I had Yog. Are there any other heals + orb making actives that could work here?

This morning I finally improved my score after using all stamina for two days chasing it. It was 5.9 this morning and I got it down to 5.4 (shit I just checked and it's at 5.5 now) with 115,208. I know a better score is possible, I just need to go fast and have good RNG, so if I drop out of crown I'll probably burn stone to keep going. Same goes for my alt.

Kwhit10

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, nice. Wish I had Yog. Are there any other heals + orb making actives that could work here?

This morning I finally improved my score after using all stamina for two days chasing it. It was 5.9 this morning and I got it down to 5.4 (shit I just checked and it's at 5.5 now) with 115,208. I know a better score is possible, I just need to go fast and have good RNG, so if I drop out of crown I'll probably burn stone to keep going. Same goes for my alt.

Lajoa is a heal and a heal dark board. Or any version of ney is a heal and tricolor

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017

Lajoa is a heal and a heal dark board. Or any version of ney is a heal and tricolor

I looked at Ney too, but I would be concerned that such a board is not swipeable consistently. Moreover, you can try to soft-solve the yog board through a blind, due to the heart orbs being visible. I'm back on the Angelit bandwagon, personally. Cutting out one active seems like a good idea.

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
My main does have a Ney I've never used so that's an option. I'm trying a new strat of bringing 100% blind resist via weapons assists on Sheena and my second Baldin. This has freed up the Dios slot for something else which is currently L/F Ilm. Plan is still to use Lmeta assist to heal and then ematch the board if it can still kill after jammers are made. If it can't kill I Ilm and swipe which should kill unless I somehow make 0c. Then I just pray I have dark for F9 and light for F10. Not sure if the extra time for blind resist animation + matching F7 is worth it or not. Would probably gain a second or 2 from using Ney to heal and board change in one.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
Well, I'm inching my score up. I'm at 114,700k, which is still lower than it needs to be by a margin. However, I don't think I've found the ceiling on my current team. Running Angelit rather than dios and heal. Cuts down on one active while often generating a higher combo score to boot.

I was going to just get to the rainbow medal threshold and stop; but I ended up having a lot of downtime on Tuesday and Wednesday, so here we are.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
I think I missed the window for Sakuya invades which sucks because light jewels are something I'm critically short on (making 5 Myrs is expensive). Trading is fine for one offs but I'm looking to rebuild my stockpile. I was too tired yesterday after getting the kids to bed a nap turned into 11 hours of sleep.

If I'm not getting sakuya invades the only thing I have to work on is a crown score so I may try for that. I'm floating around 9% so I'm close and I think if I match a little faster I'll nail it.

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone still looking to get a crown, this is the ticket. I got over 118k for a 1.9% on my alt last night.

https://old.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndDragons/comments/9fm49d/how_to_break_120k_with_verse/

They have their subs out of order with regard to where you use them so here's what I did:

Verse with enhance killer assist or latents
Ilm (Zweilhander assist for attacker killer)
Whale(Sheena)
Angelit
Sheena

Ilm and the Sheena's can be any bicolor, but things that produce light or dark are best. Sheena is especially good for the one after Angelit since it sets you up to 1c or 2c dark for F9 and then light TPA for F10.

Run goes like this:

F1: Combo relevant colors
F2, F3, F4: Quick combo if you have colors and use the first bicolor and swipe if you don't. Make sure to bicolor and swipe one of these floors since it will be faster than matching unless you get godly RNG and have many quick combos available.
F5: Whale bicolor assist and 7c
F6: quick combo
F7: Angelit and swipe. Remember that the heal takes a second and during that time it won't recognize your swipe. This messed my up when I first ran it because I saw the active go and immediately started swiping as if it were just a board change. Muscle memory stopped my swiping after a few times and then I was still on the floor because I did all the swipes during the heal animation.
F8: Bicolor and swipe. You might have quite a few blinded orbs left over from F7 and this will help clear them out more.
F9: dark can work all the way up to 3c if the other 2 are non-dark. You might have other possibilities depending on you other sub atts.
F10: Light TPA + combos or non-TPA light + many combos.

My alt's run ended with 4.9 average combo and 167.3s left for final score of 118,152. I don't see that getting pushed out unless some people really push hard on this ranking.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Forgot that I hadn't done Legendary Skyrealm yet, been like 3 months since I tried it, so I went in with Yusuke and almost knocked it out first try. Did a 7-combo VDP and boss had a sliver of damage left. I hate that it takes so much stamina to try again.

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
Managed to get over 116k on my main and I'm at 5.3% now. probably gonna chill on it until Sunday and see how close I am to being pushed out before running. This new Verse + bicolor swipe team is great for getting a better score but also less stressful over multiple runs, which is nice.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
Well, the ranking didn't end up too hot. I could never quite break 115k, which left me with 8.2% overall and no second crown. I don't think I would have even tried for it, but I was stuck Tuesday night and nearly all of Wednesday with nothing else to do. I probably dropped seven stones on this for nothing; so still better than a typical godfest.

Speaking of godfests, got my first blue odin in three rolls over the weekend, which is rather nice. GHREM was less nice, dropping a green and then a dark 5* on the free and 1$ rolls. Meh, I have a hard time justifying rolling more on it.

Not sure what I'm going to focus on this week. Plus farming seems reasonable, if boring. I also still have a bunch of September dungeons to beat, so, who knows.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Beat Legendary Skyrealm solo/no continue yesterday with Yusuke to clear out that quest line. That last fight is really annoying with the spinners. I basically just ran Raph to void damage every 10 turns, Jhoria to clear awoken binds, and then prayed for a lucky skyfall here and there. I kept botching the 3x3 + 7 combo with the spinners. Dragged it out like 30 turns.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Crowns on main and alt so hurray for that.

I'm an idiot and went in on the GH collab. Came out mostly with what I wanted. I was pulling for Noir and missed her though. I may still exchange for her since I have the resources to do so.

5*
Orpheus - 6
Atalanta - 3
Tenfufa - 3
Delphine - 2
Konohanasakuya - 1

6*
Belial - 3
Joker - 1
Kaguya - 1

7*
Orage - 3 (WTF)
Elena - 2
Karin - 1

Elena is staying. Karin is staying. I'm looking for an excuse to keep Orage but I can't see a use. She's appropriately a glass cannon. I could see keeping 1 for future buffs but I think even then I'd rather have Noir. Orage's active takes too long to charge and doesn't provide enough impact to make the most out of of. I have Thouzer so I can make a cross of orbs for easy combo farm reasons. If I can find 2 6* GFE to sacrifice for Noir I'll do it otherwise I think I'm tossing Orage.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
Crowns on main and alt so hurray for that.

I'm an idiot and went in on the GH collab. Came out mostly with what I wanted. I was pulling for Noir and missed her though. I may still exchange for her since I have the resources to do so.

5*
Orpheus - 6
Atalanta - 3
Tenfufa - 3
Delphine - 2
Konohanasakuya - 1

6*
Belial - 3
Joker - 1
Kaguya - 1

7*
Orage - 3 (WTF)
Elena - 2
Karin - 1

Elena is staying. Karin is staying. I'm looking for an excuse to keep Orage but I can't see a use. She's appropriately a glass cannon. I could see keeping 1 for future buffs but I think even then I'd rather have Noir. Orage's active takes too long to charge and doesn't provide enough impact to make the most out of of. I have Thouzer so I can make a cross of orbs for easy combo farm reasons. If I can find 2 6* GFE to sacrifice for Noir I'll do it otherwise I think I'm tossing Orage.

Of the 7*, Orage would be the one I want the most. Those "cross" actives are pretty rare and have great application in some farming builds. Three is a bit much.

What crown do you get for your third? The small silver?

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Of the 7*, Orage would be the one I want the most. Those "cross" actives are pretty rare and have great application in some farming builds. Three is a bit much.

What crown do you get for your third? The small silver?
No idea on crowns. I just want the sparkly diamond one.

It's nice having the unique active but realistically I've never been in a position to need one. Thouzer works just as well for Amen/Kaede style farm teams and is on a similar cooldown with no secondary effect. I'm thinking it might not be worth Noir anyway. Double 7c + VDP is very strong (see yusuke) but the only team I can think of using her on that I would run is new Dmeta.

So running down the 7*'s I stand by stating Karin is a slightly weaker Ed Elric as a sub. She's strong but the lack of healing on her active makes it a little more dicey to use than Ed and she doesn't provide interesting color coverage. If she was L/G I'd be much more excited. Healer typing means she contributes well to a Narukami teams RCV and can take dragon killers but at Narukami's current damage levels that's not helpful without VDP. I still like her for the record. Her stats are better than Ed and she has the option to be an equip form with skill boost and 2 +ATK which can be critical for button teams.

Elena is interesting. Unlock + ilm + fire skyfall can be vital on lots of fire teams but especially Kenshin/Ilmina variants. Her equip form is another way to get a TPA equip too but I think she's more valuable as a sub with three relevant killers, unbindable, and 2 skill boosts.

Orage is...something? A unique active that synergizes with her leaderskill (1/324/1) and the team HP is always welcome. I wish she had an equip form. I'd use her that way on Zapan all the time. I wouldn't lead or sub her unless I needed to though. With Karin or Elena I have places to put them, or places where they'd fit better than Ilm/Ed. Orage is just kind of there.

Noir is a strong sub with no real home yet. In order to make the most of her you'd want a dark team that can consistently 7c and can make use of a Yusuke like dark/x board change for a VDP kill board. Since her active creates 4 darks it can be used to fix a bicolor without going to far in the other direction too. The problem is this team doesn't really exist outside of anublos. If you're running anublos Noir could be slotted in, but so could any other VDP option like Yusuke, Vney or even Tardis with Super Awakening.

Ralg is another fire row lead with great farming potential. If you have Camael you can burst hilariously high too. The active may have some neat farming applications too. Nothing really special though as a "normal" lead or sub. It'd be funny to see a team of them button stuff though.

Zeta is really good if you can consistently activate. He's even pretty decent if you can consistently 7c. He gets Kyo's double shield (~68% iirc) and his super awakenings are all good. As a lead he's powerful, as a sub he fits on most water teams. His equip is better than Narga's IMO since he clears garbage but also wipes light which might be a problem in some specific circumstances. Either way a strong pull independent of the box.

Raizer is tough for me to read. 3 SB means farming potential, especially since the active floods the board with green. The HP- attack boost would be useful on certain builds too. As a lead 225x for being under 79% is really nuts if you can stay in the butter zone. You'd want to focus on wood for all the HP you can get so cards like Sylvie become important to the team. It's an easier argument to make Raizer into an equip vs Amatsu for the HP especially with Kaede being fragile when her shield is down. Either way a solid pick but more niche applications.

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
Beat Legendary Skyrealm solo/no continue yesterday with Yusuke to clear out that quest line. That last fight is really annoying with the spinners. I basically just ran Raph to void damage every 10 turns, Jhoria to clear awoken binds, and then prayed for a lucky skyfall here and there. I kept botching the 3x3 + 7 combo with the spinners. Dragged it out like 30 turns.
Did you happen to grab this guy from Persona? http://puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=4393

His active locks the entire board which solves the spinner problem. He was crucial to making my Keela farming be fail free. Congrats on making it regardless but just wanted to give you the heads up that there's a Fujin for spinners.

Stoned a couple times on Sat night and landed over 118k on my main (alt was already there) so that's 2nd crown for main and first for alt.

Last edited:

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
No idea on crowns. I just want the sparkly diamond one.

It's nice having the unique active but realistically I've never been in a position to need one. Thouzer works just as well for Amen/Kaede style farm teams and is on a similar cooldown with no secondary effect. I'm thinking it might not be worth Noir anyway. Double 7c + VDP is very strong (see yusuke) but the only team I can think of using her on that I would run is new Dmeta.

So running down the 7*'s I stand by stating Karin is a slightly weaker Ed Elric as a sub. She's strong but the lack of healing on her active makes it a little more dicey to use than Ed and she doesn't provide interesting color coverage. If she was L/G I'd be much more excited. Healer typing means she contributes well to a Narukami teams RCV and can take dragon killers but at Narukami's current damage levels that's not helpful without VDP. I still like her for the record. Her stats are better than Ed and she has the option to be an equip form with skill boost and 2 +ATK which can be critical for button teams.

Elena is interesting. Unlock + ilm + fire skyfall can be vital on lots of fire teams but especially Kenshin/Ilmina variants. Her equip form is another way to get a TPA equip too but I think she's more valuable as a sub with three relevant killers, unbindable, and 2 skill boosts.

Orage is...something? A unique active that synergizes with her leaderskill (1/324/1) and the team HP is always welcome. I wish she had an equip form. I'd use her that way on Zapan all the time. I wouldn't lead or sub her unless I needed to though. With Karin or Elena I have places to put them, or places where they'd fit better than Ilm/Ed. Orage is just kind of there.

Noir is a strong sub with no real home yet. In order to make the most of her you'd want a dark team that can consistently 7c and can make use of a Yusuke like dark/x board change for a VDP kill board. Since her active creates 4 darks it can be used to fix a bicolor without going to far in the other direction too. The problem is this team doesn't really exist outside of anublos. If you're running anublos Noir could be slotted in, but so could any other VDP option like Yusuke, Vney or even Tardis with Super Awakening.

Ralg is another fire row lead with great farming potential. If you have Camael you can burst hilariously high too. The active may have some neat farming applications too. Nothing really special though as a "normal" lead or sub. It'd be funny to see a team of them button stuff though.

Zeta is really good if you can consistently activate. He's even pretty decent if you can consistently 7c. He gets Kyo's double shield (~68% iirc) and his super awakenings are all good. As a lead he's powerful, as a sub he fits on most water teams. His equip is better than Narga's IMO since he clears garbage but also wipes light which might be a problem in some specific circumstances. Either way a strong pull independent of the box.

Raizer is tough for me to read. 3 SB means farming potential, especially since the active floods the board with green. The HP- attack boost would be useful on certain builds too. As a lead 225x for being under 79% is really nuts if you can stay in the butter zone. You'd want to focus on wood for all the HP you can get so cards like Sylvie become important to the team. It's an easier argument to make Raizer into an equip vs Amatsu for the HP especially with Kaede being fragile when her shield is down. Either way a solid pick but more niche applications.

You aren't wrong about the Thouzer comment, but I didn't roll one and I sort of feel like it isn't likely to come back. To me, Elena seems like the stand out, due to that crazy active and enough killers to make her a serviceable sub in some situations. Everything else feels like it has been done better somewhere else or it seems a bit awkward. This is the weirdest REM.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
I got joker, who awhile ago would have been a good leader. He's dark, so maybe I'll mess with him too play some of my lonely dark cards until dmeta gets here.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Did you happen to grab this guy from Persona? http://puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=4393

His active locks the entire board which solves the spinner problem. He was crucial to making my Keela farming be fail free. Congrats on making it regardless but just wanted to give you the heads up that there's a Fujin for spinners.

Stoned a couple times on Sat night and landed over 118k on my main (alt was already there) so that's 2nd crown for main and first for alt.

Interesting, to conserve box space I don't save to many of the 1 MP collabs, so unfortunately didn't save him. Need to do more research on each collab apparently!

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting, to conserve box space I don't save to many of the 1 MP collabs, so unfortunately didn't save him. Need to do more research on each collab apparently!
It's a thing now for most (all?) colabs to have a decent card as the boss of the dungeon and some have other farmables that have neat and unique equip evos. Persona had a lot actually, there was a cape equip you could get that gave 10% water resist (I saved 5 of them just in case), there was a blind and poison resist equip, the one I mentioned that locked the board, and more I can't remember.

So yeah, research the drops from any new colab or just ask here. My thinking on it is, any card with a unique active or equip evo is a potential solution to some future design that gungho comes up with and I want to be prepared. "Damn, I should have saved that thing!" is not something I want to be saying when I find myself struggling with some future challenge.