• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I thought about trading for B&J on my main but I'd basically be tearing apart my Yusuke and Blonia teams. My alt can do it but I have D.Meta there so might just hold off. I did try and roll on my main a few times to see if I could get lucky with a Yog or something too, no dice.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Wallace dungeon was surprisingly easy with Narukami. Co-op'ed with my alt so I'd have a wallace friend when I wanted it. I didn't want to burn stones on refreshes but if I did it would have been trivial to max skill one. So far 2/2 on number caller dungeons being WAY easier than running A4 and praying for a drop. I think Grato might be the only one that's a little problem but without knowing what's in the dungeon it's hard to say. I just think that 8c combo shield + VDP is going to be tricky to pull off while getting enough damage. I may just go the Vraska route and chip him down to a manageable point for a VDP kill.

B&J make A3 a complete breeze. I'll be trying A4 when I can actually sit down with the game and +99's aren't around anymore.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
I thought about trading for B&J on my main but I'd basically be tearing apart my Yusuke and Blonia teams. My alt can do it but I have D.Meta there so might just hold off. I did try and roll on my main a few times to see if I could get lucky with a Yog or something too, no dice.

I think her main value over d.meta is that she has an easier sub pool and will be easier to run (due to built in time). With enough skill and the correct subs, i feel like D.Meta will be better. I mostly picked up B&J due to peer pressure and the fact that the trade list was pretty forgiving for my box. Not trying to downplay her or anything, but I'm still skeptical that she is better than Yusuke or D.Meta. Easier, sure, but better, eh, more like on the same level.

However, I do suspect she is the evolution of gronia/blonia teams, as the extra damage is appreciated and functionally you end up in the same durability range. She also isn't much different than Vraska, but I think, for a variety of reasons, there are better solutions to the healing problem with B&J AND the killers really do boost damage to a significant degree.

raiod

Oct 26, 2017
Not trying to downplay her or anything, but I'm still skeptical that she is better than Yusuke or D.Meta. Easier, sure, but better, eh, more like on the same level.

I can't say anything about D.Meta, because I haven't played her yet but she is DEFINITV on another level than yusuke. Especially if you got the Kuroyuri system. That shit is just obscene in Alt. Arena. There are only a few floors that really threaten you and most of the time you can just stall everything out. Awoken Bind clear? As long as Kuroyuri has 4 SDR latents you can nearly stall forever. You had to use an emergency board changer? Ok, 28 turns of bejeweled stalling...

Kwhit10

Oct 27, 2017
Alright I see all the fun everyone is having with BJ, so I traded 2 dupe kanna's a dupe kaede and dupe rodin.

I'll have to play around to find my best team. But so far I have
Mizustune, Blujin, revo Amon, flex spot for subs.

Edit. If I put hexazeon in flex with HP badge I get 186k solo HP. I can even use hexazeon's skill boost charge with that team.

raiod

Oct 26, 2017
I really debated a long time about getting BJ and buying the 2 Kuroyuris for 1.5 mil MP. But I already had 1.6 mil MP and I must say I don't regret my decision. I have a 2 yr old daughter which really limits my time for playing pad. And with BJ I can just farm A. Arena while watching netflix ;)

Kwhit10

Oct 27, 2017
I'm just glad to have a water team now. I have always lacked in water or fire team capability. So it's nice to have a different type of team.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
I can't say anything about D.Meta, because I haven't played her yet but she is DEFINITV on another level than yusuke. Especially if you got the Kuroyuri system. That shit is just obscene in Alt. Arena. There are only a few floors that really threaten you and most of the time you can just stall everything out. Awoken Bind clear? As long as Kuroyuri has 4 SDR latents you can nearly stall forever. You had to use an emergency board changer? Ok, 28 turns of bejeweled stalling...

Well, fair. I don't have the Kuroyuri system to compare it to. WITHOUT THE LOOP, it seems about par with Yusuke (with only one day of testing, to be fair).

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Well, fair. I don't have the Kuroyuri system to compare it to. WITHOUT THE LOOP, it seems about par with Yusuke (with only one day of testing, to be fair).

What is the Kuroyuri system? All subs are Kuroyuri? I have enough MP on my alt to buy a Kuroyuri but my alt is also lacking a Odindra or Jhoria type card.

Edit: Forgot I have Aife and Eir if needed. I really need my alt to have a good round of rolls this next super GFE, last one was a huge bust and left my sub pool lacking.

So if B&J is an evolution of Blonia think its worth trading my Blodin, Rodin, and two Blonia's for a B&J. I don't use the Blodin or Rodin, but I'd be giving up on my pretty good Blonia team and trading in a good sub in my second Blonia.

Last edited:

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
What does your ameno team look like? Need some help deciding what my best subs for her are.

Really depends what I'm farming. You really just need light orb markers for everything until end game stuff. I use yusuke and pixel Cecil with 3 dragon killers for a3, but just 1 of them would be fine. Odin dragon is a good sub for dungeons with either kind of bind clear.

I think the one staple sub I always use is l/x paimon.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
What is the Kuroyuri system? All subs are Kuroyuri? I have enough MP on my alt to buy a Kuroyuri but my alt is also lacking a Odindra or Jhoria type card.

Edit: Forgot I have Aife and Eir if needed. I really need my alt to have a good round of rolls this next super GFE, last one was a huge bust and left my sub pool lacking.

So if B&J is an evolution of Blonia think its worth trading my Blodin, Rodin, and two Blonia's for a B&J. I don't use the Blodin or Rodin, but I'd be giving up on my pretty good Blonia team and trading in a good sub in my second Blonia.

Yeah, I'm not so sure. I feel like it is better than blonia/gronia, but I'm always hesitant to trade off a reliable team that still has mileage. Moreover, Blodin is probably one of B&J's best VDP options. I would definitely pause before making the trade. We still have about a week and a half before they go away AND we might see more from JP's Halloween collab; which might present something relevant. Additionally, with you having access to D.Meta, I'm not sure how much new content you will beat with B&J.

Talking about teams I would NOT trade for them without a reliable healing solution. Seems like the Kuroyuri loop is probably the best option, but you probably want one of Mel, Mitzune (that blue dragon from MH) or Reincarnated Idunn & Idunna (after they get their buff) to even run the team at the level I'm talking about. Healing is genuine issue with the team, it is just that there are several viable solutions.

Ah not enough MP for two, is one still worth it for a D. Meta team.

I don't know of anyone actually using Kuroyuri with D.Meta. Sure, it works, but she isn't a god type and you might accidentally get up to max HP with the repeated healing. However, Kuroyui is, broadly, a reasonable sub with the rare non-SA ribbon resist and OK other awakenings. So, if that is why you want her, then it isn't a bad buy.

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
Trade for B&J (I have exactly 4 dupes) or just use Revo Hermes instead and save for future meta. I would easily trade for B&J if I had their subs (only have mel) or enough MP for 2 Kuros.

Basically 4/144/1 vs 4/84/1. Awokenings pretty even, B&J does more much more damage herself but Revo Hermes will increase team damage with rows. IMO Revo Hermes have better active. much shorter charge time and double orb change is easier to control than full board change. Board lock and defense isnt usually a problem where you need more than 1.

B&J is definitely better but how much better?

esco

Nov 15, 2017
Really depends what I'm farming. You really just need light orb markers for everything until end game stuff. I use yusuke and pixel Cecil with 3 dragon killers for a3, but just 1 of them would be fine. Odin dragon is a good sub for dungeons with either kind of bind clear.

I think the one staple sub I always use is l/x paimon.

Looking for a team to farm A3 easily, I have yusuke and paimon x3. Would stacking 7 combo subs be optimal?

Other potential subs I have: tachibana, b.cotton, L.ideal, and l/b fenrir

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
Looking for a team to farm A3 easily, I have yusuke and paimon x3. Would stacking 7 combo subs be optimal?

Other potential subs I have: tachibana, b.cotton, L.ideal, and l/b fenrir

You're stacked then, just watch a3 clears with ameno on YouTube and find your best fit.

7c can be ridiculous damage, if you have the means to do enough damage to the non needing huge damage floors.

I'm no a3 clear master, but it seems like you have the subs for it. Watch ameno a3 clears an YouTube and fix a team. Just remember if it's old ameno, you need 2 less yellow orbs

Edit: it seems like you have a more consistent yusuke team, but for farming I can understand

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
Trade for B&J (I have exactly 4 dupes) or just use Revo Hermes instead and save for future meta. I would easily trade for B&J if I had their subs (only have mel) or enough MP for 2 Kuros.

Basically 4/144/1 vs 4/84/1. Awokenings pretty even, B&J does more much more damage herself but Revo Hermes will increase team damage with rows. IMO Revo Hermes have better active. much shorter charge time and double orb change is easier to control than full board change. Board lock and defense isnt usually a problem where you need more than 1.

B&J is definitely better but how much better?

Um, well, damage is definitely something to consider in all of this. 144x isn't exactly a bunch either way, AND a lot of the damage comes from B&J herself. Moreover, if you don't have any of the better subs, you may find it hard to chew through higher HP spawns. As has been mentioned many times, you are likely to find rows to be a bit underwhelming/awkward in the current environment. Also, as for her subs, she can be run pretty well as a TPA lead, especially if you have a scheat or two. I find blue to be rather TPA heavy, so if you have, say, two subs with four or more TPA awakenings, you might be able to get there, especially with some weld equips. Another thing to consider is that so much of the damage for the team tends to come from B&J, you can really focus on utility much of the time with your subs.

However, I do think she pairs reasonably well with Jhoira (who makes up for the multiplier loss with 7x6 board and a 10c awakening on herself) OR Yuki (who adds a third color requirement, but otherwise works pretty well, 2x HP with a 25% shield and 180x damage isn't bad) would be the pairings I would be interested in.

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
Quick ERA I needs HALP! After going through my mail and selling all 5 year tamas and predras I'm about 75k MP away from double Kuroyuri. I'm sure I can make up the rest from all the trash I rolled in KoF and other colabs so B&J seem really appealing right now.

Here are my GFEs that I could trade for B&J:

Rodin - used for farming sometimes. never evo'd to Mega and not sure how useful it would be anyway.
Blonia - dupe, could use as sub on Blonia team but B&J seems like a straight upgrade to Blonia as a lead anyway.
Sukld - dupe, Mega evo might be awesome in dupes tho?
Typhon - currently hypered in Ana form. Active might still be useful somewhere?
Ryune - Mega evo seems meh but active is great
Sylvie - see above
Kanna - never used and I have 2 NY Kanna anyway which are better. Mega might be great tho?
Eschamali - hypered but not used in a loooooong time.
Morigu - seems totally useless and is also relatively recent so any good evo is prolly a long way off.

I'm thinking Morigu, Blonia, and maybe Escha are for sure but can't decide on the rest.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
Quick ERA I needs HALP! After going through my mail and selling all 5 year tamas and predras I'm about 75k MP away from double Kuroyuri. I'm sure I can make up the rest from all the trash I rolled in KoF and other colabs so B&J seem really appealing right now.

Here are my GFEs that I could trade for B&J:

Rodin - used for farming sometimes. never evo'd to Mega and not sure how useful it would be anyway.
Blonia - dupe, could use as sub on Blonia team but B&J seems like a straight upgrade to Blonia as a lead anyway.
Sukld - dupe, Mega evo might be awesome in dupes tho?
Typhon - currently hypered in Ana form. Active might still be useful somewhere?
Ryune - Mega evo seems meh but active is great
Sylvie - see above
Kanna - never used and I have 2 NY Kanna anyway which are better. Mega might be great tho?
Eschamali - hypered but not used in a loooooong time.
Morigu - seems totally useless and is also relatively recent so any good evo is prolly a long way off.

I'm thinking Morigu, Blonia, and maybe Escha are for sure but can't decide on the rest.

I'm pretty much on the "dupes only" bandwagon whenever possible. Also, I think if something received a mega awoken and you don't like/use it, it at least has a known value as compared to things that might get great eventually (see D.Meta). I'd probably go with Blonia, Skuld, Rodin, and Sylvie. You could still get screwed on Skuld being amazing in duplicates, but I'd rather take that risk as compared to the idea that something else gets an amazing mega. Rodin and Sylvie are known quantities, so if you aren't using them, I'd toss them over something else. I prefer dropping sylvie to ryune, simply due to the more useful active and the fact that you will still have a viable Blonia team when needed.

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the reply!

Yeah looking at Rodin again and he can't hold any currently useful killers so he's not a great VDP option, plus I have Belial who can hold god at least if needed. Good point on Sylvia too, which reminds of another thing that I hadn't thought of and that's the fact that my alt already has Kanna and Escha (dupes of both which will be traded for B&J) so I'm good to go in coop if their Megas are amazing. I love running coop so keeping parity between each account's leads is important to me.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I've slowly moved to running Zela on co-op over Blonia. I have enough cards like Romia, Meimei, Norn, Avalon Drake, etc that I can almost have 8 bi or tri-color board changers active immediately in co-op. It solves the orb hungry problem and she's got monster damage output. Only issue is not having a good VDP and having to waste an active slot on a Fujin-like. If I can solve those I'll probably move to her as my go to co-op. Oddly my main has Yusuke and my alt will have D.Meta but co-op doesn't really work with those without dual leads.

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, it's done. Got my B&J and 2 Kuroyuri as well, although I'm also interested in trying it without them after seeing Yuki's AA runs.

EDIT: Well, 4 attempts at AA over the last 3 hours have all failed. Def not the cake walk it was made out to be. I'm really looking forward to coop with my alt tho so I can have more utility like bind clear and multiple bursts along with the insane HP.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, it's done. Got my B&J and 2 Kuroyuri as well, although I'm also interested in trying it without them after seeing Yuki's AA runs.

EDIT: Well, 4 attempts at AA over the last 3 hours have all failed. Def not the cake walk it was made out to be. I'm really looking forward to coop with my alt tho so I can have more utility like bind clear and multiple bursts along with the insane HP.
Don't compare a team yuki runs to yourself. Only sadness comes from that. If yiu watch Yuki try to get in his head for why he stalls on certain floors and why he clears. Pretty much any time you see him do something like save orbs and stall a turn when he could have gone for elthe kill see if you can figure out why.

Eventually you can figure out what he's going ti do before he does it. Then just apply the same thinking to your play.

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
So I finally beat AA after some coop tries. Haven't beat it since back in the Rikuu days so it was nice to finally do it again.

Used a Mel(V-day box) on each team this time instead of Kuroyuris. I had around 280k HP and was healing for 70-90k with a heart TPA and comboing and Mel's active and the assist came in handy at times too. I also got a ton of Lakshmi practice today because she spawned in 6 of the 7 runs I did today and 5 of them were consecutive. Never seen a spawn repeat so many times in a row.

red13th

Oct 25, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I traded for Barbara and Julie. Used my third Blue Sonia, my second and third Kannas and my second Kaede so nothing of value was lost at all. I have no idea which subs to use, especially for awoken bind clear, but at least now for the first time my husband and I will have the same leader. :D

Jagernaut

Oct 27, 2017
I need a Grato for You Yu evo so I want to run Grato descended at midnight (eastern). Can anyone bring team b in the video below (mega awoken Rodin lead)?

https://youtu.be/3Yn9yWeSuZA

Edit. We could probably do fine with Carat skillup if you don't have Carat (I don't have one).

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
At my coop buddy's insistence, we tried AA for the first time. We have yet to get past floor three on three attempts.

I also can't decide if I like 7c or TPA builds better for B&J. If both have weld equips, Aife outdamages Scheat on a single TPA and 7c by about 1 million. Not a big deal. However, if I get more combos, Aife gets better, more TPA, Scheat does. Confusing all of this is the idea that most/all of my 7c subs for B&J have useless actives, while Scheat's active is genuinely useful. The team isn't super active reliant, but I dislike needing to wait for 15+ CD for all orb changing actives and that is the world I'm living in with the 7c build. Right now I'm looking at Mel (Sumire)/Mega Blodin (fujin)/FUA/DAMAGE. None of the FUA options are both on color and TPA, meaning that either Blue Cotton or Ren are probably the best bets. Ugh, I didn't expect teambuilding to be so tricky.

Last edited:

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
For those that play on the JP server I have a weird problem with the game i noticed i dont get helpers anymore, anybody know why?

Thought maybe it was a timezone thing but I ruled that out because my alt still gets them.

figured it out after googling I did not know you can turn random helpers off, must of done that by accident.

Last edited:

Hermit7

Oct 27, 2017
Why is the last floor of beach remdra not showing? Beat gold and pal but there is no final floor.

Does it show up at a different time?

B&J is great. Running B&J, Mel, jhoira, B&J, and B. Cotton. Team is great and has ~160k hp and with a tpa heart heals for over 100k with Mel. I think I am missing something for the team though (need a high damage card) but unsure what is best.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Just ran an hour straight coop, got 5 island, 9 rem, and 3 pem. My alt is coming up in two hours, should get the other two Island easy.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
I guess I'm unlucky RNG is killing me. I'm in the middle of my 3rd hour today of Remdra, 12 pem, 18 rem, 3 islands

Just used up 300 stamina, I dont feel like stoning for the rest of the hour.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Ok is there a simple way to figure out wha time zone you are supposed to have? I just can not figure out UTC-8:00 no Daylight savings time.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I guess I'm unlucky RNG is killing me. I'm in the middle of my 3rd hour today of Remdra, 12 pem, 18 rem, 3 islands

Just used up 300 stamina, I dont feel like stoning for the rest of the hour.

Ouch bad luck only took me 30 minutes in my second round to get all 7 Island, REMs, and then run 4 quick lower levels for the PEMs. Got event medals on both accounts in 1 1/2 hours. Zela farming is super quick on this. Bi-color board change, swipe, board change, swipe, repeat.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Only did the second round, got 7 rare, 3 pal (leftover stamina) and 2 island. I guess I'm still going hard tomorrow

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Hour straight last night with my alt and got 7/16/7 PEM/REM/Island
Going to burn all my stam on this to help bump the NA numbers once I clear out the bi-weekly dungeons.

It looks like they bumped the numbers from last time. I hope they didn't overshoot cause I'd really like more Kurones /s.

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
The special dungeon is pretty amazing for levelling (which is probably why its not all day).

Mt 2 alts (both over level 400) can run it continuously with leveling stamina refresh and a typical Liu Bei team can button swipe it. I already got 7 of all dras but might run it as much as possible for MP.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Surprisingly having trouble S ranking the Dark Companion Dragon dungeon. I've S ranked every dungeon with duel Blonia leads but I have to stall to get my actives up for the final floor or else I wipe. A normal 7-Combo doesn't do the trick and stalling lowers my score to A rank. The orb blinds make it a bit inconsistent too.

Guess I'll have to try dual Yusuke or something but I'm not sure I can 7-combo consistently without the Blonia leader TE.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
My go to s rank team is Yusuke/diochan/Yusuke. It has worked for everyone so far.

Hmm always assumed you had to make do with just leaders, I guess I could add some bulk to Blonia team. I don't have a diochan but I could throw a TE stick in there with a blind resist assist. Must have to have a high combo count..

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
I did it with dual blonia, but I got good rng. Dual blonia is so good to S dungeons.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I did it with dual blonia, but I got good rng. Dual blonia is so good to S dungeons.

Yup just took a little RNG love with Blonia. Had to stall off a skill resist and then took a lucky skyfall to do enough damage. Much easier than a Yusuke team once I put a blind resist equip assist on Blonia.

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
Damn only 1 more PAL spawn in 14 more runs. Need a couple more PALs to hit 7, is it coming back tomorrow?

Also, Lumiel on both accounts for the free REM pull. I hope they turn her into a weapon at some point, my main has 4 now.