• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kwhit10

Oct 27, 2017
Nice, pulled a cotton from the 2nd REM pull.

Hmm always assumed you had to make do with just leaders, I guess I could add some bulk to Blonia team. I don't have a diochan but I could throw a TE stick in there with a blind resist assist. Must have to have a high combo count..

The combos to activate Yusuke are high enough. Usually gets 230,000+.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
finished the PEMdra with this most recent time, with rare being finished yesterday I am two short of having 7 each done, then it is just going for the pulls.

Got EA as my first free REM pull, Arcline as my second. so neither very good.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Got a Baldin on my alt for free pull, good monster exchange fodder, main got more Cyber Beast junk. Could possibly trade for Summer Yog or Fujin on my alt, but having D. Meta I'll save for something more enticing

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
My alt got a 2nd ameno from the remdra pull. I made the leader version to try it out. My alt is really lucky.

Grats studge

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
First roll was Brigid (New! and useful), second was Shotel (dupe). So...pretty OK. I'm guessing we aren't going to get both of the beach REM rolls. These guerilla schedules are murder for a work week.

What is giving out these free REM pulls?

The gatchadra event. A guerilla dungeon where people try to kill differently rare Remdra. How many you personally kill of each type gives out one set of rewards, while, our ability to kill them gives us a few free rolls. We have killed enough gold "Remdra" to get two rolls on a machine with both crap and GFE. We still may get some beach rolls (probably at least one). Should be in your in-game mail. I guess if you aren't seeing them, maybe you have to at least clear or kill one of each type. Not sure.

feline fury

Dec 8, 2017
We're averaging a smidge above 20k/day despite the guerrilla scheduling. Simple math says we'll hit the 120k threshold on day 6. Unlike ranking dungeons, whales and hardcore players are less likely to stop playing halfway through the week so I don't think the scores will plateau until we get both rolls. Also helps that the dungeon gives decent rank experience and the drops are okay experience fodder.

Discord means you can always find players to coop with throughout the day even if your guerrilla schedule doesn't mesh with your work schedule. Worst part is that a lot of hosts don't bring a button for floor one - it's slower and means they'll face the boss floor (which they also don't OHKO PALdra/REMdra, further slowing down your runs)

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
First roll was Brigid (New! and useful), second was Shotel (dupe). So...pretty OK. I'm guessing we aren't going to get both of the beach REM rolls. These guerilla schedules are murder for a work week.

The gatchadra event. A guerilla dungeon where people try to kill differently rare Remdra. How many you personally kill of each type gives out one set of rewards, while, our ability to kill them gives us a few free rolls. We have killed enough gold "Remdra" to get two rolls on a machine with both crap and GFE. We still may get some beach rolls (probably at least one). Should be in your in-game mail. I guess if you aren't seeing them, maybe you have to at least clear or kill one of each type. Not sure.

I may of missed it then. I've been playing PoGo, while just logging in for bonuses

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
I may of missed it then. I've been playing PoGo, while just logging in for bonuses

It is still going on, if you feel like playing at all, it is not a particularly challenging dungeon. Just got to be aware of the guerilla times.

today was 2100 day playing P&D.

and I promptly used the 10 stones and got a B&J. now what? I STILL need a Fujin...

I guess you could always trade her off. Beach Fujin is probably the strongest Fujin option.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Trading is really not an option, don't have enough GFEs in general.

I guess wat I really need to do is save and go ham next time there is a good GFE rem.

Dr_LawyerCop

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I play pretty casually these days but I'm starting to get more interested in the game. Should I trade my 2nd and 3rd Ilm, 2nd DKali, and 2nd Ryune for beach Fujin? I haven't rolled a Fujin on my main. None of those cards are currently in use. It seems really steep but I don't know how else I can guarantee a Fujin. I know there's a farmable with that active, but I don't play enough to skill one of those.

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
I play pretty casually these days but I'm starting to get more interested in the game. Should I trade my 2nd and 3rd Ilm, 2nd DKali, and 2nd Ryune for beach Fujin? I haven't rolled a Fujin on my main. None of those cards are currently in use. It seems really steep but I don't know how else I can guarantee a Fujin. I know there's a farmable with that active, but I don't play enough to skill one of those.
Beach Fujin can get tripple 7c through a super awakening so she's a damn good sub along with her necessary active. She's also an easy to use lead herself if you have attacker subs.

feline fury

Dec 8, 2017
The only thing I'd be hesitant to trade are the extra Ilms if you're remotely interested in ranking dungeons. If you don't care about those and you want to farm arena 3 (but can't do so currently), go for it.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017

Maybe? Since you are trading all dupes, you won't be locked out of anything in particular, and Ryune is now a known quantity (she's meh). Beach Fujin is probably the best of the Fujin options, all things considered, but it is worth mentioning that I think that type of active is becoming more common. She also is a pretty capable lead with the right team. If it were me, I'd probably go for it your position, especially if you think you'll enjoy the game more.

Also, if you ever need a lead up, let me know.

Kwhit10

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone still have the BF option to use and want to do a triangle? I honestly don't care what your leads are since I can always use variety. Meta leads I use are yusuke/BJ/anubis/yog and will have new Dmeta when available.

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone still have the BF option to use and want to do a triangle? I honestly don't care what your leads are since I can always use variety. Meta leads I use are yusuke/BJ/anubis/yog and will have new Dmeta when available.

I still have my bf

Id 310,942,201

Also all over the place with my leads and excited for DMeta.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
And then I bf ccb right? He still hasn't accepted my friend request, but I will when he does.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I'll have D.Meta up on my alt as well, not sure it'll be hard to find D.Meta friends though. 374,949,408, Don't have a BF available but wouldn't mind being friends with more of ERA

Dr_LawyerCop

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the advice, pulled the trigger on Bluijin. I think I'll work on an arena 3 farm team with my alt and then see where I can go. Don't think I'll regret the exchange.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
I'm waffling on trading for Fujin. On one hand I REALLY don't need her. I have almost every variant of that active in NA (just missing her and gilgamesh iirc) but on the other she compliments Barbara and Julie really well with 3 7c and team RCV, and a relevant active for certain dungeons. I'm leaning toward no. If she had unbindable built in then I'd probably go for it but I can't justify sacrificing a 7c awakening for it.

My current B&J team looks like this:
B&J (Rathian)
Mel (Vday box)
Jhoira (Jhoira card)
Beach Tachi (Tachibana)
<flex>
B&J (Rathian)

Flex depends on the dungeon
If fujin is needed then G/B Fujin and replace tachi's inherit with Hiko
If Pixel is needed then Mega Blodin with burst inherit or Pixel Mai with Agnidyne inherit (SDR coverage) and Tachi gets the burst inherit.
If raw damage is needed then Enra with xmas (or was it NY?) carat once the buff to include SB+ in the burst hits. Or a relevant killer sub (Kiri, No. 6, etc)
If move time is limited then Scheat with TPA inherit since 2c with a blue TPA hits hilariously hard.

General messing around I leave blodin on for the extra SBs. I'm hoping after the island REMDra guerilla I don't have to make any choices.

EDIT: Man fuck this REM.
Free roll: Goemon
Idiot Rolls: Navi, Fuu, Chester

I have a ~20% chance of picking up something I don't have so I figured why not. Well that's fucking why not.

Last edited:

feline fury

Dec 8, 2017
I thought people realized beach REM was a trap? Got the awful golds with my free rolls so I'm just hoping super godfest is this weekend so I can maybe get some trade fodder for a beach 8*.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Endless challenge was annoying. Hadn't faced any of those Trinity dragons so Cthulu wiped me with his resolve. Beat the Azathoth one on my second try, holy crap do you get a lot of EXP for beating that. Stalled him with Eirika and then whittled him down for a Yusuke VDP.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
2nd remdra roll on my alt was navi... but I fucking rolled Barbara and julie on my main. Stoked!

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Garbage rolls for me, oh well.

Finally beat all the Machine dungeons. Took down Zeus and Geomon today. Geomon was a little tricky, had to waste a spot on a level 3 card that had attribute absorb for Geomon since I was using Yusuke. Voided damage on his initial attack, popped null attribute absorb, bicolor Yusuke board and changed right column to hearts for FUA. Got a bad board change and could only 6 combo so had to pray for a skyfalls and got lucky.

Sure there are easier ways to beat it but fun coming up with your own strategy.

Zeus was easy just a matter of me now being comfortable with doing VDP attacks with Yusuke and 7 comboing.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
I uh...got Blujin. Thanks everyone!
Screenshot_20181014-120212_PAD.jpg

Last edited:

itwasTuesday

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Welp, traded for bj
day 1 team

bj(rathian)
mel(vday box)
blujin (fujin?)
jhoira (weld)
takamimusubi (blue cape) or beach urd

Still thinking about buying SO135-Alastair.

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
I pulled the trigger on Kuroyuris for my alt tonight and ran a very safe run of AA that didn't take forever. I only had to really stall on starling for my Fujin active but it only took a couple mins. I think sopdet after Starling is a run killer simply because stalling it back up would be take like 52 turns. It's totally possible on ogres by just 1cing over and over but I think just bailing would take less time to get back to the same spot.

Congrats on Blujin Bladelaw! It was only gold and a silver for my accounts.

raiod

Oct 26, 2017
Grats Bladelaw! I got double chester on my Alt and Meimei, Chester on my main... But I won't trade for Blujin just for BJ. She can clear AA just good without him :)

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
So...we have an update soon and a stream. What's everyone thinking? We get D.Meta on the update, stream uses D.Meta to clear Nidhogg; godfest this weekend and announces Halloween for Monday? We tend to get that one on time, right?

Thanks for the advice, pulled the trigger on Bluijin. I think I'll work on an arena 3 farm team with my alt and then see where I can go. Don't think I'll regret the exchange.

Again, let me know if you need anything up. A3 often runs best with two fujin types and I can always put one on a lead for you.

I uh...got Blujin. Thanks everyone!
Screenshot_20181014-120212_PAD.jpg

Well that worked out nicely. Unfortunately both of my free rolls were kurone. Actually, all of my rolls on this REM were 4*, with the exception of two meimeis, making a total of four that I own.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone figured out how Nidhogg works? I only had enough stam for one run and got to the boss no problem (I'd recommend full poison resist, FUA, cloud resist, and if you can fit it, a TE active and/or jammer resist for a smooth ride). The boss is biiiiiig 500M HP, 40M damage void, every turn above 50% HP he makes a full jammer board and does something else (row of poisons, 2 fire columns, etc). Under 50% he self hastes, puts up a barrier and a 75% shield. Next turn he turned himself to fire and nailed me for ~180k. I didn't bring a shield so RIP me. I feel like I screwed up the puzzle here since I didn't drop him to a traditional "get rekt" threshold, he was only a little under 1/2 HP. I'm wondering if I took too many turns to drop him to 1/2? I may try again with Narukami and a team of pixels with a burst but I'd like to clear with B&J.

REALLY recommend full poison resist or a board change for I&I though.

EDIT: Looking around I could Devil killer up Blodin, put spike on Mel and stall it up then B&J + spike + pixel board should get me the kill if he's still red. Still I kinda want to engage with the mechanics at least once. Coop would make this part pretty simple.

Last edited:

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
Use b/l ameno for the pixel, has devil killer and is blue against red. Works well. Obviously his active won't help, but he makes it pretty easy.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Use b/l ameno for the pixel, has devil killer and is blue against red. Works well. Obviously his active won't help, but he makes it pretty easy.
completely forgot about him. He should do nicely. I just saw a Verse team do it too. I might be able to make a farm team for this when I get home. Not sure if it's worth it though.

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
Okay, I've been heavy into gacha games since Brave Frontier launched, but I skipped this one due to it being do ancient. That said, my girlfriend enjoys match-3, and I'm looking for a co-op match-3 game we can play through together. We tried Crash Fever's campaign co-op, but that gameplay is a bit too mindless.

The OT subtitle brought me in with promises of co-op, but is it that kind of co-op? Is the game too long in the tooth for new players to get into at this point?

Thanks!

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I've been heavy into gacha games since Brave Frontier launched, but I skipped this one due to it being do ancient. That said, my girlfriend enjoys match-3, and I'm looking for a co-op match-3 game we can play through together. We tried Crash Fever's campaign co-op, but that gameplay is a bit too mindless.

The OT subtitle brought me in with promises of co-op, but is it that kind of co-op? Is the game too long in the tooth for new players to get into at this point?

Thanks!

I started about a year ago and haven't had a problem, the folks here are more than happy to help. There are a tons of mechanics but you don't need them until you gradually get further into the game. Biggest thing to know is that there are difficulty spikes and you'll be tempted to use the in-game currency to "continue" but don't because you need to organically get stronger or the next dungeon you face you'll be in the same spot. Typically when I got stuck I looked into how to properly build teams and that got me over the hurdle. Early on you don't have to pay too much attention to Inheriting, Awakenings, +ing, skill leveling, etc but when you hit a wall starting to add those to your team helps a lot.

Other than that jump in and read some starter guides. Save your Magic Stones for the upcoming Super Godfest which will get you a great head start.

The co-op portion is just that, you take turns on the same board and fighting the same enemies. You each bring a leader and a sub-team and you get the benefits of both leaders on your turn while using your own sub team. Ideally for high end content you double up leaders (meaning two of the same leader) as the multipliers stack nicely, but early on mixing and matching is fine.

Re: Nidhogg I've beaten Mythical and Mythical Plus first try with Yusuke team. Not sure if I'll run into damage problems on Annihilation but you do get two whacks at him before he moves so doing two 7-combo VDPs with a Yusuke team should do it if a single 7-combo VDP with Yusuke did it on Mythical Plus.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
I decided I would trade for blujin, logged on and realized it was over. Argh... hopefully something down the line for trade makes me happy I missed her.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017

Thanks!
Aesnath co-ops fairly often so he may be able to give you more targeted co-op advice.
Generally...
No the game isn't too old to get in. Gung Ho is pretty good about making it easy to get up to speed content wise. Since you're familiar with Gacha games you should be familiar with re-rolling. It's much less vital to do in this game than most I've played but obviously you can give yourself a good boost if you have the patience. Also the Match-3 mechanics in this game are different than most. The tutorial is ok about explaining it better than I can in text. There are some guides posted in the OP if you want to dig in.

There's three classes of dungeons: Normal, Technical, and Special. You can only co-op in Technical and Special. Fortunately, that's where all the interesting content lives. Normals are about learning the basic mechanics and how the game works. Technical introduces more complex mechanics at a drip pace, and special is where all bets are off.

There's no campaign to speak of (just progressively harder dungeons) so you can play solo or co-op without too much worry you'll jump ahead of your partner. You can also open up dungeons your partner hasn't seen and still team up which is pretty neat. I'd say give the game a shot but obviously I'm super biased.

----------
Nidhogg dropped to the might of Amenominakanushi. I chipped a couple turns out of safety, then popped Mercuria, Puu, and B&J. Turns out I would have been under if I didn't chip but only just. Ameno's damage was ~423M and the sub attribute damage didn't make up the difference. So if you have B/L Ameno I'd strongly recommend him for this dungeon. Blodin works too but you need to chip a bit more.