• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I bet Yusuke one-shots with the right set-up. Maybe bring a big damage enhance and an extra VDP?

I don't have any VDP subs for Yusuke unfortunately. Tried a bunch more over the weekend and I'm just not doing enough damage. I typically have to use a Yusuke on Bigfoot before he uses Forceful Throw and then I can use a Yusuke on the boss to pass the 10% damage qualifier and then it's pretty easy to stall to get Yusuke back up as there is no trickery and Jhoria can bail me out if there are no hearts. Can then do a 7-C VDP easy with Hiko but just doesn't cut it.

I think I need to inherit Yomi on someone or find a way to boost light attack,

My alt is stuck on Floor 9, don't have enough healing power to stall and I need to pop a D.Meta to unlock orbs and then a 5 heart maker for the FUA floor. I've gotten to the boss a few times and can VDP but again falling short on damage. I dunno why my VDPs are just not cutting it in this month's challenges.

Edit: Yup, just did a 7-C VDP with a full enhanced board and still didn't even punch through half health. I guess my subs just aren't doing enough damage. I kind of need Eirika to delay Floor 1 and then I've been using Raph to help stall out Bigfoot. Jhoria I can probably replace since I put Yomi on her. Dunno guess I just have to chip the boss down and stall as long as possible to get everything back up but that's inconsistent with relying on heart orbs.

Last edited:

feline fury

Dec 8, 2017
A moderately strong burst with a good bicolor board should be able to one shot the boss. I used I&I with Dmeta and that didn't even have the color advantage that Yusuke has.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
A moderately strong burst with a good bicolor board should be able to one shot the boss. I used I&I with Dmeta and that didn't even have the color advantage that Yusuke has.

And with Dragon Killer latents doesn't seem like it should be a problem but yet here I am having failed multiple 7-C VDPs with full enhanced boards today. That 75% shield to open up means you have to do 2 billion damage or does VDP pierce that as well? I've gotta be doing something wrong here...and it's gotta be the weak subs.

edit: yeah I'm watching a Yusuke video and they are blowing through Bigfoot's 95% shield on the first turn with a bi-color board, how is that possible?

Last edited:

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
I went from 15.6% on Tuesday to 20.2% this morning.

Then I had an amazing run which put me at 9.9% this morning. I'm pretty sure that won't hold

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if I'm going to bother chasing Charité. +99's are more valuable to me and I'm not stoning for stam. I guess it depends on how well I do on a stam bar for ranking. 20% should be doable I just need to practice with the team. If anyone else wants to practice with Keela I'll put up my max skilled one for a few days in the 1 slot.

I'm sitting at 12.3% now so hopefully it holds.

Last edited:

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
Well I really suck at the courage ranking. Like, how does one get their brain to do that?

I do dmeta in alt arena without sheen all the time. The God killer luci is enough for the two bosses. For hashime I just use a rathian equip delay when the absorb is up to stall through the end and then just one shot usually with a normal board after whittling down throughout the wait.

You know, now that you mention it, I don't think I had tried just comboing without a burst. See, prior runs, I tried to beat the dungeon without Luci, then realized I needed more killing power for the later bosses. Also, I didn't super awakening him immediately, so he was bound for a couple of turns on my successful run. I was genuinely surprised when I killed metatron (as I didn't use a board change or burst), as, on prior turns, I had only been hitting her for 20-30% hp at most, and the last turn I dropped her from about 40%--Luci had just become unbound. Didn't put it together. Thanks for the tip!

And with Dragon Killer latents doesn't seem like it should be a problem but yet here I am having failed multiple 7-C VDPs with full enhanced boards today. That 75% shield to open up means you have to do 2 billion damage or does VDP pierce that as well? I've gotta be doing something wrong here...and it's gotta be the weak subs.

edit: yeah I'm watching a Yusuke video and they are blowing through Bigfoot's 95% shield on the first turn with a bi-color board, how is that possible?

Actually, I didn't mean enhanced orbs, I meant like carat or a gemstone. Sorry for the confusion. Probably how they are killing bigfoot too. Pop a gemstone on bigfoot, use one Yusuke, use the other (and second turn of increased damage) on the boss.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Well I really suck at the courage ranking. Like, how does one get their brain to do that?

Might not help but Keela's active is easy to keep up the whole dungeon and doesn't take a ton of time to pop. It could buy you enough time to pump up your combos to clear floors in one swing instead of 2-3 turns. That was the turning point for me. Also Tethys/Satsuke is useful for the Hades floor. My strat:
General: Maximize combos every floor, pop keela whenever she's down
Floor 1: combo focusing on blue and dark prongs.
Floor 2: Satsuki if there aren't enough dark orbs then focus on dark prongs
Floor 3: Focus on red prongs (Kuvia floods the board and is often a trap unless there's a bunch of blue dark and hearts on the board)
Floor 4: Tethys if there aren't enough dark orbs
Floor 5: Awoken Vishnu and prong out hard. 2 swings will still net you a courage score at this point.

I'm certain there's a better strategy but as I said I'm not dumping a ton of stam into this dungeon. As long as I get Charité I'm good. She'll be a dupe anyway so I'll probably sell her for the MP when I need to.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
The GH re-run in JP is...something else. Basically, it looks as though they added a color shifted Reeche, then made the REM 10 stones, but also threw in 6* GFE and pantheons. What is up with that? Are 10 stone REMs the new normal? I'm fine with them being an occasional or special occurrence, but it seems as though the last handful have went this route.

Upside is that they created a farmable version of Reeche with the same (uninheritable) active skill. Sure, it is slow, but it is unique. While we are at it, why is Reeche the major focus of their promotions? She had her own machine of sorts and now she gets two alternate versions.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Took down the crafting dragonbound on my alt and D.Meta on like my second try and that was with a pretty sub-optimal team (only one VDP sub with B.Cotton). I actually did less than 10% damage on the final floor on my first turn so I got the spinners in the middle but was able to pull off a 7-C VDP by lining up the spinners which took her down to almost no health and one more 7-C turn finished her off.

I might have to try this with Yusuke, it's easier to spike without that 50% damage shield up, you just have to be smart with the spinners.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh, getting a bit bored farming the +99 dungeon. I miss one-shot challenges and weekly challenge dungeons.

Hermit7

Oct 27, 2017
Pulled a ruoh yeaterday which was fortunate. Made him the rb version and dude is great. Hits really well with Madoo and one shots pretty much everyone I have tried him with. Red needs a better bind/awoken clear though. Have jhoira but would prefer on color option.

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
November quest is coming to an end friends. If you've been putting off floor 8 like I have then Mantastic's guide is a fantastic tool. There is really only one way to solve this dungeon and he lays it out nicely. The only real challenge is matching the 9c board you make at the end in 5.5s, which is actually more dependent on the placement of the random orbs generated from Ilsix than your matching skill. My first try had all the water orbs bunched up so there was literally no possible way to unclump them in time. Your final match should have 5 fire matches, 3 water matches, 1 heart match, and then the last water and 2 hearts chilling out next to each other.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I'm stuck on Crafting Dragonbound 10 with my Main and November Challenge 10 with both my alt and my main. Floor 8 didn't give me too much of a headache, but I may have just gotten lucky with skyfalls. I think I have a strategy to co-op the November 10 Challenge (Jhoria/Reeche) but haven't been able to execute :0

Don't think I'll be getting either done, oh well.

raiod

Oct 26, 2017
If you can reach floor 3 on Crafting dragonbound rather consistently and have a good VDP source and a damage multiplier, consider saving all your actives, let her kill you after she dropped her damage shield and just stone to remove the poison/jammer skyfall and spinner orbs. Then just activate your killboard and go nuts... It's a 1 stone investment for a very unique monster.

If it is any help, the guide i posted a while before, has been updated with more team strategies for every floor.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ovpr3r2Mb-vyfOzj8sKuVCVeRenbGcfQ_L6a2gbkEok

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
I too was getting bored farming +99's so I decided to stam dump into ranking. I'm sitting at 5.4% right now at 143k points. I think it'll hold give my previous 5.9 score didn't budge after 3 days.

Monthlies done, really the only newish thing for me to do is the 3P A2 and I'm not really feeling that. I'd rather run with my alt to get the clear than anything.

EDIT
If you just want a Charité worthy score I was able to consistently get ~131k doing the following:
FL1: Keela 6c minimum
FL2: 6c minimum all prong
FL3: 6c prongs minimum with red prong 7c prongs without red
FL4: Keela again, tethys if a bad board 7c prongs kills with dark prong
FL5: Vishnu 7c prongs with 3 wood prongs or 8c prongs with 2 wood prongs

Using Tethys on Hades instead of Charité means you can potentially take advantage of the skyfall wood which should improve overall chances (even slightly). Also since tethys gives you darks you have a better shot at pronging the hell out of Hades.

Even if you need to spend 2 turns on one floor you should get ~131k this way.

Last edited:

Jagernaut

Oct 27, 2017
November quest is coming to an end friends. If you've been putting off floor 8 like I have then Mantastic's guide is a fantastic tool. There is really only one way to solve this dungeon and he lays it out nicely. The only real challenge is matching the 9c board you make at the end in 5.5s, which is actually more dependent on the placement of the random orbs generated from Ilsix than your matching skill. My first try had all the water orbs bunched up so there was literally no possible way to unclump them in time. Your final match should have 5 fire matches, 3 water matches, 1 heart match, and then the last water and 2 hearts chilling out next to each other.

I didn't have a good placement of orbs so I made a 7 combo and hoped for skyfall combos, which I got. Only 9 and 10 left from November challenges.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
If you can reach floor 3 on Crafting dragonbound rather consistently and have a good VDP source and a damage multiplier, consider saving all your actives, let her kill you after she dropped her damage shield and just stone to remove the poison/jammer skyfall and spinner orbs. Then just activate your killboard and go nuts... It's a 1 stone investment for a very unique monster.

If it is any help, the guide i posted a while before, has been updated with more team strategies for every floor.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ovpr3r2Mb-vyfOzj8sKuVCVeRenbGcfQ_L6a2gbkEok

Hmm, not a bad idea. I did it with my D.Meta team on my alt without using a stone and just setting up the spinners to fall how I wanted them. I haven't really tried that with Yusuke, instead I've been trying to get down to ~30% health and then do my VDP attack. I've gotten to that health point twice but unless I get a perfect board change I need 1 skyfall to get the 8th combo which I haven't gotten lucky with. I also want to try letting the spinners activate and then try a change the world VDP.

There's a ton of ways to do it, just based on poor luck, poor skills, and a combination of the two it's been thwarting me on my Main.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
So are you guys getting odysseus? I have 9 rainbow medals at the moment and am not sure if I need it.

Kwhit10

Oct 27, 2017
I got two. So far one assist and one normal. Had nothing else to spend those rainbow medals on. I had 12, 4 left now.

feline fury

Dec 8, 2017
100 more free stones + 50 stones for completing the 6th anniversary quests

Roll more DBDC? Wait for FMA? Wait for PCGF?

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
That 3rd guest player had to be a troll, a lot of crowns, played terribly, and continued twice to kill our rewards. Had to be, how annoying.

Edit: my bad, dude was legit trying and choked under the pressure. I talked to him on reddit and he feels terrible.

Last edited:

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
So are you guys getting odysseus? I have 9 rainbow medals at the moment and am not sure if I need it.
I don't have assistable full awoken bind clear on either account so I got it on both. Might get dupes because a 12x 7x6 is a decent jump from Jhoira's 9x, and it's not that much harder to activate. I think she's the next highest 7x6?

EDIT: oops double post

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
100 more free stones + 50 stones for completing the 6th anniversary quests

Roll more DBDC? Wait for FMA? Wait for PCGF?

Good problem to have though.

That 3rd guest player had to be a troll, a lot of crowns, played terribly, and continued twice to kill our rewards. Had to be, how annoying.

Edit: my bad, dude was legit trying and choked under the pressure. I talked to him on reddit and he feels terrible.

I certainly wondered. However, it was pretty entertaining to watch, all things considered. I'm not sure what the plan was, but it became pretty clear rather quickly that things had gone awry. Specifically, checking the hino resolve was a large "oopsie".

EDIT: oh yeah, anyone not too burnt out on the game interested in a BF triangle before the reset?

Last edited:

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I rolled a few more times on DBDC after co-op'ing all the Anniversary quests (I fell asleep doing the last one lol). My alt got two Rathios and a Omega so pretty happy with that. Omega will be a fantastic inherit on my D.Meta team for spike damage and a good member of my Zela team. The spike you can achieve on a Zela team is so absurd Omega and a Robin Hood boosting green attack. You're talking 600+ million per Zela. I may have to convert her to the VDP variant.

Haven't spent any event medals yet, might dip on Odysseus as it seems to be a pretty decent equip for a Yusuke team and might allow me to ditch Jhoria in most cases.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
So people going to start running Sherias Roots now? Not sure he replaces my D.Meta team but might be fun to put together that team. How is he in JP tiers? Also can't believe B&J got a level limit breakthrough and another killer awakening, regret not picking them up.

Dr_LawyerCop

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Good problem to have though.

I certainly wondered. However, it was pretty entertaining to watch, all things considered. I'm not sure what the plan was, but it became pretty clear rather quickly that things had gone awry. Specifically, checking the hino resolve was a large "oopsie".

EDIT: oh yeah, anyone not too burnt out on the game interested in a BF triangle before the reset?

I don't know if im already BF with you, but i'm up for it

I can join a triangle on my alt, I know I'm already BF with Aesnath on my main. Don't have that device with me, but I probably have the code somewhere

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
I guess I should best friend someone...

Main Leads - B&J, Vraska, Ilmina.

Work in Progress - Sherias Roots

Alt cards of note: P3 lead, P4 lead, Anubis,

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
WOW.... 10 times. 2970 +'s used to get BJ a balance killer SA. Did they change the weighting on these recently? I thought you were very unlikely to get a repeat if there was one you hadn't rolled yet so in general it would take 3 rolls at most, 4 if you're crazy unlucky, to get the SA you want. But TEN!? I about WTF'd my face off. That alone took every +99 I've been farming and then some.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
WOW.... 10 times. 2970 +'s used to get BJ a balance killer SA. Did they change the weighting on these recently? I thought you were very unlikely to get a repeat if there was one you hadn't rolled yet so in general it would take 3 rolls at most, 4 if you're crazy unlucky, to get the SA you want. But TEN!? I about WTF'd my face off. That alone took every +99 I've been farming and then some.
It took me 5 or 6 to get VDP on Ilmina when I finally got her during the first 6 year fest 10 stone.

10 times though, that is painful. I am sorry.

Dr_LawyerCop

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017

Woah, I didn't that was possible. I've always gotten what I was after in 3. That's some shit.

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
I still have around 75k +s across my 3 accounts so I'm not hurting for them, but damn like you said I didn't even know that was possible. I might really start to worry if this happens again.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it took me 3 times and I wasn't happy about that. 10 times, sheesh, I'd be upset.

Giard

Oct 27, 2017
I guess I should best friend someone...

Main Leads - B&J, Vraska, Ilmina.

Work in Progress - Sherias Roots

Alt cards of note: P3 lead, P4 lead, Anubis,

I main Vraska, Madoo and Ryune if you're interested and still looking.

Speaking of which, I got 2 Ney and Cotton recently and I'm not too sure which color they should be.... here are my leads with potential subs:

Vraska

Potential subs: Odindra, Ragdra, Zela(s), Fujin, Alastair, Romia

Madoo
Potential subs: Guan Yu, Tsubaki, Yamato Takeru, King Tyrannos, Rodin, No.6, Kuvia

Ryune
Potential subs: Andromeda, Meridionalis, Beach Tachibana, Blodin, Blonia, Ryune

Which team would be most improved / the best with Neys and Cotton?

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Blue light cotton. Green ney. It's what I roll.Green ney is fantastic for vraska, but I also have Halloween verdandi

Edit:

I am probably going hard on phase two of the super godfest. Need a Fujin bad... and don't have any of those seasonals (and cotton>ney for the teams I have)

Last edited:

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Rolled a few times on my main on DBDC and got a No. 6 which is great for that account. Rolled 5 times on my alt to try and fill out my box and got a Lajoa (good D.Meta team inherit) then 4 dupes Kulia, Distel, No.6, and Rathios. Stopping there and saving for the PCGF. I don't think I'll roll on FMA collab, just trade for Ed.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
I rolled all the stones on dbdc since I still don't have tardis. And I still don't... got some of the new diamonds, but i really wanted a tardis.

raiod

Oct 26, 2017
So I know this is a luxury problem but anyways:

I have 2 Ed's, i'm debating transforming one to equip form to put it on the other... My Ed has a Damage absorb assist at the moment and I use BJ to farm A. Arena...
I don't think I will ever use 2 Ed's on a team and i also have L.Ideal...

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
So advice also needed on FMA collaboration. Worth it to get Ed on both accounts for co-op? Without that SA is he still a top tier lead? I have Yusuke on my main and D.Meta on my alt and my best co-op lead/team is probably Reeche/Jhoria and Zela/Zela. Also toying around with Roots on my alt.

feline fury

Dec 8, 2017
Yog, Barb/Jules, Veroa, beach Escha on successive pulls (all first time pulls)

That's enough for this godfest lol

raiod

Oct 26, 2017
The good thing about pulling barb/jul now is, that you have around 2 month time to save MP for the 1.5 mil double Kuroyuri investment. :)

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Way too many pulls on FMA, not a single diamond egg. Puts me closer to the two kuroyuri I'll need in a few months at least...

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Did some rolls,
Super gf: Amenominakanushi (dupe but now i can make both so a win in my book)

FMA: winfred, winfred, Armstrong, riza.

Not pulling any more since i have all the diamonds and can trade part of my bradley army to pick up the equips i want (ed and al)

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
Well, decided to roll a bit on DBDC, just 'cause I wasn't sure that upcoming other events had more stuff I cared about in them.

Ended up with a Li, Suou, Lajoa, and Weld (third dupe) in six rolls, so pretty good. Then I rolled three times on the godfest this morning, ended up with Freyr (new) and a D.Kali (third). So overall, pretty nice. Still no ideal.

Traded for Ed. Felt good about it--dropped two roys, a bradley, and an al for him, keeping two Als and a bradley for my trouble. I rolled way too much the first time. My first stab at an ed team had 54k hp, but very little RCV. I gotta fix that.

I don't know if im already BF with you, but i'm up for it

Is your IGN raiod-ipad or is that an alt or something?

I can join a triangle on my alt, I know I'm already BF with Aesnath on my main. Don't have that device with me, but I probably have the code somewhere

Sounds fine to me....but how's your burnout going? I know you are back in, are you feeling pretty good about the game ATM?

So advice also needed on FMA collaboration. Worth it to get Ed on both accounts for co-op? Without that SA is he still a top tier lead? I have Yusuke on my main and D.Meta on my alt and my best co-op lead/team is probably Reeche/Jhoria and Zela/Zela. Also toying around with Roots on my alt.

Well, going by the JP lists Ed is a bit higher than either Reeche/Jhoria or Zela, but I think it depends on what you are giving up for it. Yusuke is still pretty nice, but Ed is likely an improvement in a lot of situations, but it is hard to account for no SA. I doubt Ed is better than a good D. Meta team.

Did some rolls,
Super gf: Amenominakanushi (dupe but now i can make both so a win in my book)

FMA: winfred, winfred, Armstrong, riza.

Not pulling any more since i have all the diamonds and can trade part of my bradley army to pick up the equips i want (ed and al)

Kinda thinking about trading GFE for a second Ed for the equip, but I'm not sure ATM.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Well, going by the JP lists Ed is a bit higher than either Reeche/Jhoria or Zela, but I think it depends on what you are giving up for it. Yusuke is still pretty nice, but Ed is likely an improvement in a lot of situations, but it is hard to account for no SA. I doubt Ed is better than a good D. Meta team.

My Alt: Two Dantalions (none left), Dupe Blonia, Gremory
Main: Gremory, Dupe Blonia, and then I'd have to choose from another Blonia, Gronia, Blodin, Grodin, King Bradley (I have a Rathian posion equip already)

So I think my Alt can spare it, not to worried about a Mega Dantalion, but my Main is going to be giving up two cards of something I only have one of. As of now I don't even have Gronia and Blodin mega evolved and not sure I really ever would so I'm tempted to do it so I can have S tier co-op leads. Dunno, tough choice. IfI don't do it on both accounts I likely won't do it on either.

I was really hoping Ryune would be part of the exchange as I have 3 of her, so I could always trader her x3 and a Raijin for a Alphonse and then trade that for Ed. But x8 GFE for one card seems steep.

I was also planning on pulling a bunch in the second round of the SGFE so I can wait until then as well.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Rolled a B&J on my alt, go figure. Also got Uraska. Not to bad for 5 rolls. Now I most certainly don't need Ed with B&J and D.Meta.

Not sure I really have good B&J subs, will have to research.

Not sure whether to try and roll now on my main for B&J or wait for D.Meta in Round 2 to try and find a co-op lead.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
Aesnath raiod-ipad ist my alt Account. My regular is just raiod. 317.248.206

Makes sense. Will send you an invite after dinner.

Rolled a B&J on my alt, go figure. Also got Uraska. Not to bad for 5 rolls. Now I most certainly don't need Ed with B&J and D.Meta.

Not sure I really have good B&J subs, will have to research.

Not sure whether to try and roll now on my main for B&J or wait for D.Meta in Round 2 to try and find a co-op lead.

I've found her to be pretty flexible. Basically, the only special thing you need is something to fix healing. Specifically, Mel, Revo Idunn & Idunna, or Kuro loop are the things. Past that, you can build her TPA, 7c, or even row focused and get pretty far. Nearly any collection of blue or red subs probably works OK-ish, B&J herself does a lot of the heavy damage lifting with the killers.