• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Makes sense. Will send you an invite after dinner.

I've found her to be pretty flexible. Basically, the only special thing you need is something to fix healing. Specifically, Mel, Revo Idunn & Idunna, or Kuro loop are the things. Past that, you can build her TPA, 7c, or even row focused and get pretty far. Nearly any collection of blue or red subs probably works OK-ish, B&J herself does a lot of the heavy damage lifting with the killers.

I don't have any of them, but I'll probably buy Kuro loop next time she comes around in MP store. Pretty excited about having a non-Light/Dark team since a lot of the absorbs in the new challenges tend to be those.

I'm considering Lakshmi for the FUA and Heal on attack as a substitute until then. Been working on my D.Meta team pretty well when in a jam.

It's kinda funny, my main has such a fantastic sub pool but can't seem to land any of the top prizes. My alt keeps pulling great leads but has no way to use them yet! But my alt has actually creeped past my main just because D.Meta is so strong. I can even trade for Ed without relatively harming my box on my alt, so I might do it just to have D.Meta, B&J, and Ed teams :0

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah they are really flexible. I use them, 2 kuroyuris, enra, and blue cotton in general. But I could put madoo on there if I needed a vdp, urd is a great fua if you don't have an on color cotton, etc... Just whatever red or blue cards you want to use for the dungeon.

And remember if they have blue or red sub colors that works too, though the main color won't get activated on a b&j active.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
I don't have any of them, but I'll probably buy Kuro loop next time she comes around in MP store. Pretty excited about having a non-Light/Dark team since a lot of the absorbs in the new challenges tend to be those.

I'm considering Lakshmi for the FUA and Heal on attack as a substitute until then. Been working on my D.Meta team pretty well when in a jam.

It's kinda funny, my main has such a fantastic sub pool but can't seem to land any of the top prizes. My alt keeps pulling great leads but has no way to use them yet! But my alt has actually creeped past my main just because D.Meta is so strong. I can even trade for Ed without relatively harming my box on my alt, so I might do it just to have D.Meta, B&J, and Ed teams :0

Hestia? Mitzasune? Those could work too.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Other than blue cotton, who are good subs for FUA on B&J? I used an awoken Lu Bu for the all attributes quest on lindworm, and was just wondering who else are good options

Edit: I should read better, this is literally what the last few posts are about.

Lakshmi I can work on her

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Hestia? Mitzasune? Those could work too.

Nope haha.

But good news, against all odds I decided to pull on my main and got a B&J on my last pull. So I can rock co-op and use I&I and all the other goodies on my main. My main has a jacked B&J base team. Jhoria, Enra, I&I, Norn Urd. I can then flex in and out killers as needed.

Definitely don't need to trade for Ed. In fact I'm sure Blodin and Rodin are decent FUA subs.

Also picked up a freyr which is great for a damage boost.

Last edited:

yami4ct

Oct 25, 2017
Was fortunate enough to pull 2 Kamen Rider Blacks on my JP account. Holy crap, Black RX is the real deal. It's a bummer if you don't have Tardis but man even with Gunma that thing is a beast.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Was fortunate enough to pull 2 Kamen Rider Blacks on my JP account. Holy crap, Black RX is the real deal. It's a bummer if you don't have Tardis but man even with Gunma that thing is a beast.
I have a tardis and just enough GFE to trade for it, would you say it's worth it? I run Ed, King Woodsie, Jhoira, and Dark Ideal mainly on JP.

Alt pulled Ed with the free roll so that was nice. It'll be fun to self-coop that team.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
one of my old best friends has Mega Roots! yay for easy tri monster farming... 16x of any att is pretty easy for all normal, and I think most of Technical.

Dr_LawyerCop

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I pulled a Ney, I have no idea what to do with her. Any teams that they're good for? I have no idea what evolution to make.

yami4ct

Oct 25, 2017
I have a tardis and just enough GFE to trade for it, would you say it's worth it? I run Ed, King Woodsie, Jhoira, and Dark Ideal mainly on JP.

Alt pulled Ed with the free roll so that was nice. It'll be fun to self-coop that team.

If you already have a top in class lead like Ed it's hard to recommend draining your box for a trade. Do you also have Zera and do void damage spawns give you trouble? I would say RX's main advantage over other top class leads right now is his ability to run Zera and the 2x VDP on both leads. It makes triggering box matches and hitting 7c super easy and they do so much damage. Other than that the only thing he really has over Ed is his massive HP pool in addition to the shield where Ed just has the shield but I wouldn't personally say that's enough reason to trade.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
I pulled a Ney, I have no idea what to do with her. Any teams that they're good for? I have no idea what evolution to make.
For ney if you have a strong lead for a particular color, build that one. If you want a rainbow active (for mega roots for example) leave her in base form where she's also a very capable lead with the right subs. Here's a couple leads that can take advantage of each:
Red: Mega Baldin is the perfect home for her IMO, Red Myr, and Kyo Kusanagi are other good homes
Blue: Blonia is the right place for her. Blue hunter in coop makes her a heavy hitter too. She works on prong heavy teams also like Dathena.
Green: Gronia and Vraska are where I'll use her most but she's a great sub for revo perseus too.
Light: I really like her on Ed for extra punching power. The heal might put you above threshold too.
Dark: Mowa and Fenrir (D/x) were custom built for her. She can fill a slot on almost any jammer based lead if you're into that.
General: Anubis/diablos/dark Ideal, really any pure combo lead can take advantage of a ney
If you already have a top in class lead like Ed it's hard to recommend draining your box for a trade. Do you also have Zera and do void damage spawns give you trouble? I would say RX's main advantage over other top class leads right now is his ability to run Zera and the 2x VDP on both leads. It makes triggering box matches and hitting 7c super easy and they do so much damage. Other than that the only thing he really has over Ed is his massive HP pool in addition to the shield where Ed just has the shield but I wouldn't personally say that's enough reason to trade.
Ok I'll hold off. I don't see ed losing popularity any time soon and I have a decent enough team to run with so I'll keep rolling with him.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
B&J co-op is crazy, 250k HP is capable of stalling for so long, but I'm impressed with how hard they hit.

What latents do most people run?

raiod

Oct 26, 2017
Hey Aesnath, what about this BF triangle? Who do I have to BF? :)

Anyone got some insight on the Ed equip on Ed that I asked before?

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
So this dungeon has a reliable 10% strat but requires a bit of skill. If you run Chuan lead you can ~4c every floor except the boss floor where a 6c will do it for you. The trick of course is you have 4 seconds to do it. I managed to consistently get sub 10% scores every run I finished but I'm not fast enough to make a crown score and don't want to play board RNG to get an "easy" setup for speed.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone mess with Dec c8 and c9 yet? C8 is a fixed Hel team which isn't too bad but for some reason I keep thresholding Osiris which leads to me eating death. I'm thinking of self cooping whichi is something I'm trying to avoid doing lately just to make the monthly challenges more interesting but for whatever reason the fixed team c8's always get me.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone mess with Dec c8 and c9 yet? C8 is a fixed Hel team which isn't too bad but for some reason I keep thresholding Osiris which leads to me eating death. I'm thinking of self cooping whichi is something I'm trying to avoid doing lately just to make the monthly challenges more interesting but for whatever reason the fixed team c8's always get me.

I've had trouble with it solo as well, although I can get to the final floor reliably but using most my skills in the process. Which floor is Osiris?

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
I've had trouble with it solo as well, although I can get to the final floor reliably but using most my skills in the process. Which floor is Osiris?
C8 floor 3 i think. I'm trying to conserve actives so I either try to one shot him or tap him and skyfall into almost-but-not-quite one shotting him and the counter attack kills me. It's not a huge deal just annoying to burn 80 stam a pop and skyfall into death.

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
So this dungeon has a reliable 10% strat but requires a bit of skill. If you run Chuan lead you can ~4c every floor except the boss floor where a 6c will do it for you. The trick of course is you have 4 seconds to do it. I managed to consistently get sub 10% scores every run I finished but I'm not fast enough to make a crown score and don't want to play board RNG to get an "easy" setup for speed.

Whats your strat.

I've been getting in the 15% range.

I run

Chuan
Ronia
Some auto healer
Kiri
Haku

Kwhit10

Oct 27, 2017
I continually get 125k-131k on ranking with base cotton team with no6, shazel, kiri, and Sheena. With enough auotoheals for every preempt. I'm like 200 points away from crown and cant get there. But it's a simple strat using Sheena and grodin equip on last floor. Usually try to do 4-5 combos as fast as I can.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got a decent run. I missed Chuan (just could not clear C8 of the last OSC) so I had to have other strats

Base Cotton (GROdin Equip), kiri, ideal, Suou, and Sheena)
Paired with a best friend Chuan so I could try over and over again.

Kiri was what made it happen. She could solo any of the skydras with a 4c, sheena got me an 8c+ for final floor, Suou was Incase I couldn't heart match (because two GROdin equips is not QUITE enough each floor). Ended up with 15%, and I hope it stays.

Hermit7

Oct 27, 2017
I soloed all challenges this month and found that the biggest thing is for Osiris to get at least an 8 combo which can be challenging. I popped a Hel active for it to get a max activation and one shot him. Actives are freely expendable mostly as the last floor doesn't one shot you really. I messed up the combo and stalled for a number of turns. The 2 turn wait is pretty useful to clear orbs to get back to full. She only hits for like 13k so the 2x tcg usually can heal to full.

9 I don't remember that well honestly. I ran madoo for it and it turned out well. The extra orb move time was useful and they hit pretty hard. I stalled on manticore with the high rcv of madoo, and then after the combo shield ran out popped madoo for the stall and killed him.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
pulled on phase 2 of the super GFE.

Absolutely nothing. No Fest exclusives, no mages, just shitty cards.
Plus the pulls on FMA on monday were all gold.
Terrible luck.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
Rolled twice more last night. Ended up with a Beach Eschamali. Which is a bit disappointing. I guess I can finally finish my ideal Meri team from two years ago.

I'm eventually going to have to try this ranking dungeon, but I've been putting it off. It doesn't seem too bad, at least if I'm trying to get the monster, but we'll see.

I

It's DrCop_PF. I'll find the friend code in a sec if we're not friends yet. I can BF when I get home from work.

Edit: Guess I don't have my alts friend code saved to my google docs. I'll put it up when I get home, around 6:30 EST.

I sent you a request earlier

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
I soloed all challenges this month and found that the biggest thing is for Osiris to get at least an 8 combo which can be challenging. I popped a Hel active for it to get a max activation and one shot him. Actives are freely expendable mostly as the last floor doesn't one shot you really. I messed up the combo and stalled for a number of turns. The 2 turn wait is pretty useful to clear orbs to get back to full. She only hits for like 13k so the 2x tcg usually can heal to full.

9 I don't remember that well honestly. I ran madoo for it and it turned out well. The extra orb move time was useful and they hit pretty hard. I stalled on manticore with the high rcv of madoo, and then after the combo shield ran out popped madoo for the stall and killed him.
I managed it, I was just getting too greedy. C8 turned out o be easy enough once I stopped trying to one shot every floor. Popping the dragon on titania, DQ Hera on Lmeta and Sha Wujing -->hel finished her off.

9 was fine I was just being stubborn trying to clear with Rikuu I managed eventually. It's always weird to me when C10 is easier than C9 or C8.

Scruffy

Oct 28, 2017
I rolled twice in part 1 and 2 of this special godfest and got 4 pantheon dupes. 40 stones down the drain so fast, I should have just tried my luck in the FMA machine but I bet I would have gotten 8 gold eggs though. I guess I'll just hoard and hope the 6 or 7 stone godfest comes back since I had much better luck there.

Jagernaut

Oct 27, 2017
Is it worth trading for Edward Elric if I already have Yusuke and Dark Metatron? I would have to trade Blue Odin (dupe), Amenominakushi (dupe), Roy Mustang (just pulled), and Macha (never used).

raiod

Oct 26, 2017
I think it depends if your Ed team would be better than your yusuke or D.Meta team. If you don't have Ideal, you could probably justify it because Ed is a good sub for Yusuke and vice versa. But if you mainly play D.Meta and have a good team for her... I can't see an upgrade in trading for ed.

Jagernaut

Oct 27, 2017
I have good teams for both DMeta and Yusuke, and also have Light Ideal. I switch up my teams depending on the dungeon, don't have 1 main team.

raiod

Oct 26, 2017
Hm, me neither and I know this feeling of trading for things to keep the game fresh. I don't know, you might just regret it if the xmas or new years machine has something substantially broken in it and you threw away your trade fodder for nothing...

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
I have good teams for both DMeta and Yusuke, and also have Light Ideal. I switch up my teams depending on the dungeon, don't have 1 main team.

Having played with all three leads, I think it depends a bit on what you are trying to do. The thing I like about Ed is the sub flexibility. I always feel as though I have so few degrees of freedom with D.Meta, and Ed is just more flexible. I feel like the high HP thing is sometimes a bit easier than low HP, and there are just more multipurpose actives to get there.

I don't know, seems like they are giving out GFEs a little easier than in the past, and not much on the horizon seems worth saving for ATM, so maybe?

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
I have been disregarding the December dungeons for pushing theough the tie monster challenges.

Got through normal yesterday, and moving through technicals now.

I know I'm not going to make it by Monday, but I can't just leave it alone.

ALso, makes me wonder if I can hit 10 more stones for another pull for a super GFE... I was pretty dissapointed in the ones so far

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I have been disregarding the December dungeons for pushing theough the tie monster challenges.

Got through normal yesterday, and moving through technicals now.

I know I'm not going to make it by Monday, but I can't just leave it alone.

ALso, makes me wonder if I can hit 10 more stones for another pull for a super GFE... I was pretty dissapointed in the ones so far

I had to stop after I got to the 50 stam technical challenges. It just kills my stamina bar and I'm not disciplined enough to use all my stamina in a day for almost one stone.

Kwhit10

Oct 27, 2017
I ran my standard madoo team and went in blind cleared first try.

Madoo/ilmina/R. Horus/B&J/planar/madoo

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
Really weird progression on the Ranking Dungeon this weekend.

Got to 13.5 percent on thursday and decided to stop playing ranking and wait and see over the weekend. Too much stamina needs for skill levelling and coin dungeons.

Friday morning I was a 13.4, I was like woah I went up .1 percent.
Friday night I was at 13.6, Feeling pretty confident now.
Saturday morning I was at 13.5, went up one percent again.
Saturday night I was at 13.8, Feeling pretty confident now.
Sunday morning was still 13.8.
Sunday Night 14.0
Now 14.1

13.5 to 14.1 has to be the least decaying from Thursday to Sunday I've ever had for ranking.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
So, what upcoming events to we have? Obviously Xmas is coming in a few weeks, and we have the PCGF (which I'm excited to see how they implement it this time around), but are we getting close to something else? I still think we might see SAO, but not necessarily before Xmas.

Still trying to lock down this whole alt arena thing. I'm probably clearing it about 25% of the time, which feels a bit low. Sometimes it comes down to my shite skills, but other times you just feel a bit screwed. I still don't have a good feel for how to beat metatron/kali without using a damage spike. I've had Luci knock metatron into the danger zone from full a few times now. I'm going to try and level him to 110 and see if that helps. Right now I'm at DMeta (Bradley equip)/Planar (General T.)/Luci (Sheen)/Eir (Jhoira equip)/Izanagi (Fujin)/DMeta (Rathian equip). I'm liking the Bradley/Rathian combo better than Bradley/Bradley, simply due to wanting the delay for a few spawns (notably Hashahime and Noah), while Bradley's +combo is pretty useful as well if you need to VDP or have a tricky FUA.

Got to about 21% on the ranking, then sort of forgot about it.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Really weird progression on the Ranking Dungeon this weekend.

Got to 13.5 percent on thursday and decided to stop playing ranking and wait and see over the weekend. Too much stamina needs for skill levelling and coin dungeons.

Friday morning I was a 13.4, I was like woah I went up .1 percent.
Friday night I was at 13.6, Feeling pretty confident now.
Saturday morning I was at 13.5, went up one percent again.
Saturday night I was at 13.8, Feeling pretty confident now.
Sunday morning was still 13.8.
Sunday Night 14.0
Now 14.1

13.5 to 14.1 has to be the least decaying from Thursday to Sunday I've ever had for ranking.
I went from 14.2 to 15.4. This ranking dungeon had a serious skill/card cap that a lot of people couldn't get over in the end.

Base Cotton/Chaun (L IDeal, Siou, Kiri, and Sheena) and I couldn't spike past 27% until I swapped in Kiri to help with the sky dragons. Even then it took a few runs to get the flow right.

All told that is 2/3 of the puppeteer ranking dungeons where I got the puppeteer, missed Charite only.

in other news, one last pull on 10 stone netted me a Reeche! So that is one GFE out of 6 pulls on 10 stone and no rainbow eggs out of 10 pulls on FMA.

Kwhit10

Oct 27, 2017
I assist the other lucifer on the God killer lucifer. So I get to half health and a bunch of dark orbs. This will kill metatron with luci and Eir with the 3 <50% damage awakenings. I then use izinagi on kali and one of my board changers either dmeta or planar. My success rate is reliant on skill management availability. I need to make sure I use my planar at some point to have it back up for the end floors and also make sure my Eir is available incase I'm skill bound by one of the heras since her equip isn't a skill bind clear.

For ranking I juts missed the crown again I was 700 point short. I would spend 300 Stam on the ranking dungeon then use my last 100 to cleat alt arena to level up and try ranking again. But I couldn't get there.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
So...normal arena is rather challenging. Just a crazy amount of HP and withering attacks. Not actually sure how to approach it.