• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad the Great Witches got equip forms. Hopefully veroa and saline get them soon too. It's gives me something to do with my third Reeche (really not interested in trading them away).

Shinrabansho doesn't do anything for me. Great buffs for those that have the 7*'s and making the 4*'s into inheritable 5*'s is a huge utility boost but that's about all the excitement I can muster for it.

I'm slowly plugging through the quests. There's just so many of them. Still need to clear monthly C8 and 9, and the C28, 29, 30 from the big challenge set then a ton of descends for the monthly. It's weird that they're throwing so much stuff at once. I'd rather they spread it out a bit as even over a month I feel like I need to be playing almost full time to get through all the content. And that's with minimal SAO farming and zero GH2 farming.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
I'm excited for the Athena another as I actually already have it. That is a really nice active for the heart meta.

I'm trying not to over-hype it, but it seems pretty great. D.meta level survivability with fewer RCV issues and greater sub flexibility. Sure, you either have to thread the 7c+cross needle or use less efficient damage awakenings. I'll probably try something like Wedding Scheat/Moogle/Yu Narukami/something else. Probably can get to 70k hp even with moogle not contributing, which, with the shield, is great. Plus, the team will have an easy time getting hazard block and already has VDP, FUA, and guardbreak. Easy to get to 12 seconds too.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
See, my concern with B&J is that the damage is going to be a little low for AA. I'd imagine you need a good damage spike and would want to stall for it before the big floors. My experiences with D.Meta make me thing that damage is a little dicey with her on some floors, without a spike or something with a lot of killers. B&J's 9x plus 144x likely needs a kick in the pants sometimes. I don't know, I haven't tried it yet, but just bought the two Kuros.

Maybe I'm still learning AA but I'm not having too much luck with B&J with Kuro loop. I keep getting Hashime or whatever her name is and struggle with damage. I made it to Kali once and didn't have a spike left since I used it on Hashime.

I'm not dying from bleeding out HP, that's for sure, I'm just stalling too long or hitting to softly and triggering a ton of executions. I've tried maybe 10 times and always trip up somewhere. Maybe I should try it solo instead so I can read up on each encounter on padx. I don't need a spike on D.Meta which is great the combined HP pool is enough to survive his blow.

My teams are BJ (rathain)/Urd(Raph)/Kuro/Kuro/Blonia(Idunna)/BJ (Bradley) and my alt brings Skuld(Idunna)/Kuro/Kuro/Reeche(Yomi).

I'm hoping the 2.5x water is enough of a spike and if I'm lucky I'll have Yomi and Raph available. I was putting Sunlight Wheel on Urd but it seemed redundant with Reeche.

Runs just take forever since I need to stall early to get Reeche up for Floor 13.

Kwhit10

Oct 27, 2017
Yea I haven't gotten down the AA with BJ kuro loop where I want it yet. It's juts me still learning where I can stall and where execution hits are.

But for you're team do you have B. Cotton or Blujin? Both can be triple 7c or 2x7c and Vdp for cotton (not really needed for AA) and they really help me with damage.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, a triple 7c sub is very helpful, I use enra and b.Cotton on my BJ team. I'm still not very good at AA, mainly do to unfamiliarity with it, but I've beaten it a few times. To much to do right now to bother with it.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Yea I haven't gotten down the AA with BJ kuro loop where I want it yet. It's juts me still learning where I can stall and where execution hits are.

But for you're team do you have B. Cotton or Blujin? Both can be triple 7c or 2x7c and Vdp for cotton (not really needed for AA) and they really help me with damage.

Unfortunately no, I have D.Cotton that I honestly don't use, might be worth devolving and evolving to blue? I think co-op is making this more difficult because I'm unable to use Skill Awakenings and badges to my advantage. However, I don't have enough SDR on my Kuros to keep them up full time in solo. I could just buy some I guess :/ with co-op the higher HP pool let's me stall on some floors without Kuro up for a few turns.

Tried two more times last night and was stalling perfectly on Hera-Beorc and got all my actives where I wanted but then triggered her execution twice. I'm getting there but worries my Kali damage won't be enough.

Yeah, a triple 7c sub is very helpful, I use enra and b.Cotton on my BJ team. I'm still not very good at AA, mainly do to unfamiliarity with it, but I've beaten it a few times. To much to do right now to bother with it.

I could run Enra instead of Blonia on my main as a sub. That might work. What latents?

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I'm still learning AA but I'm not having too much luck with B&J with Kuro loop. I keep getting Hashime or whatever her name is and struggle with damage. I made it to Kali once and didn't have a spike left since I used it on Hashime.

I'm not dying from bleeding out HP, that's for sure, I'm just stalling too long or hitting to softly and triggering a ton of executions. I've tried maybe 10 times and always trip up somewhere. Maybe I should try it solo instead so I can read up on each encounter on padx. I don't need a spike on D.Meta which is great the combined HP pool is enough to survive his blow.

My teams are BJ (rathain)/Urd(Raph)/Kuro/Kuro/Blonia(Idunna)/BJ (Bradley) and my alt brings Skuld(Idunna)/Kuro/Kuro/Reeche(Yomi).

I'm hoping the 2.5x water is enough of a spike and if I'm lucky I'll have Yomi and Raph available. I was putting Sunlight Wheel on Urd but it seemed redundant with Reeche.

Runs just take forever since I need to stall early to get Reeche up for Floor 13.
Hashihime is a tough point because they are single type and BJ lacks balance killer, that's why Hakuryu Card is a popular assist on BJ. Balance killer latents are also handy. As for not having a spike for Kali, what is your HP in coop? It's very possible that you can stall on the Meta floor since their turn CD is 2, if your Kuros can heal you over 216k in those 2 turns. Also, I'd recommend putting the Rathian equips on Kuro unless you actually are using it for the delay/poison. If you pull any Typhon cards from this GH PAL machine they are also a great assist for Kuro and will push your HP even higher.

One of the big things I had to learn running BJ in AA is to build a good board while stalling and resist the urge to try and plow through everything. This led me to trip a lot of the executions just like you are since the damage is just a bit too low. After running lots of A3 where I would max combo and sweep each floor it took while to get the hang of poking things down a bit before the kill shot.

Last edited:

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
For unknown reasons, I keep rolling SAO. Up to four Asuna. Nothing will ever be bindable again...when I get enough light jewels anyway.

Killed Quetz with D.Meta, running blodin for extra VDP. DC'd on the 3p dungeon and beat with Madoo, which was easier. Planar is maybe my favorite roll ever at this point.

Well, I would probably want more than 2.5x for the last few floors. Another thing is that a delay is very helpful for hashihime. For reference, although it is rare, I've had D.Meta with godkiller luci not kill the boss floors with just 7c. I really might consider running multiple damage spikes just to be safe. To be fair, I've not tried B&J for AA yet, too much other junk to do.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Well thanks for all the advice, I retooled the team and feel a little more competent going into AA. I made it to D.Meta twice in three tries tonight but my timing on actives were off and ended up with both B&J Hakuryu assists up and triggered executions. Hash isn't a problem anymore with the two 3-7c Subs, Balance killers, and a board change.

I went B&J (Hakuryu)/ Kuro (Rathian) / Kuro (Typhon) / Skuld (Helen, delay) / Aife (Lugh, fujin)/ B&J (Hakuryu). My alt's subs were Kuro (Bradley)/ Kuro (Typhon) / Enra (Freya, 2.5x water and fire) / Skuld (Raph). My plan is to get to D.Meta and pop the Helen delay and chip down, with one turn left pop Freya and kill. Then I'll have Freya active for two more turns to run both B&J board changes with the 2.5x boost with my Raph shield up in between.

I'm just bad at managing B&J actives but I can almost always stall indefinitely on the floor before D.Meta so I just need to time it all right.

Well, I would probably want more than 2.5x for the last few floors. Another thing is that a delay is very helpful for hashihime. For reference, although it is rare, I've had D.Meta with godkiller luci not kill the boss floors with just 7c. I really might consider running multiple damage spikes just to be safe. To be fair, I've not tried B&J for AA yet, too much other junk to do.

What exactly are multiple damage spikes? I have Omega for the 7-c multiplier combo if I need to run it instead of the Helen delay. But is that compatible with Freya? I thought most spikes over-wrote each other? I know I can run a Yomi to enhance orbs, but what other combinations are there?

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
Well thanks for all the advice, I retooled the team and feel a little more competent going into AA. I made it to D.Meta twice in three tries tonight but my timing on actives were off and ended up with both B&J Hakuryu assists up and triggered executions. Hash isn't a problem anymore with the two 3-7c Subs, Balance killers, and a board change.

I went B&J (Hakuryu)/ Kuro (Rathian) / Kuro (Typhon) / Skuld (Helen, delay) / Aife (Lugh, fujin)/ B&J (Hakuryu). My alt's subs were Kuro (Bradley)/ Kuro (Typhon) / Enra (Freya, 2.5x water and fire) / Skuld (Raph). My plan is to get to D.Meta and pop the Helen delay and chip down, with one turn left pop Freya and kill. Then I'll have Freya active for two more turns to run both B&J board changes with the 2.5x boost with my Raph shield up in between.

I'm just bad at managing B&J actives but I can almost always stall indefinitely on the floor before D.Meta so I just need to time it all right.

What exactly are multiple damage spikes? I have Omega for the 7-c multiplier combo if I need to run it instead of the Helen delay. But is that compatible with Freya? I thought most spikes over-wrote each other? I know I can run a Yomi to enhance orbs, but what other combinations are there?
Haha, I still have problems with this but I'm getting better. When I coop BJ I pretty much dump every active as soon as it comes up if there is a bad assist active on it. By the time I get deeper into the dungeon it'll be back up.

How much HP to you have, can you not stall on DMeta in coop? By multiple damage spikes he means more than one so you can safely use one and not have to stall it back up, they don't stack. You don't have Carat or Sheen do you?

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
The main reason I don't farm AA is how long it takes to run with a consistent clear rate. Lots of stalling and careful planning can come undone by one stupid mistake. I hate playing like that, especially lately. Once in a while for a monthly challenge set is fun but as a farm? No thanks.

YamaP Stones were generous to me. Picked up Veroah, a second Athena-Non, and 2 of the 6* blue GH guy (bookended the rolls with Awoken Liu Bei to start and finish) Saving the rest of the stones for a rainy day.

Cleared the NY quest set finally and C8 and 9 Monthly. C8 was surprisingly easy compared to recent ones. Just stall up actives on floor 1, 7c through the rest of the dungeon. Pop Kuramitsuha on Kushi then any active that simplifies the board to where you can 7c. I still need to go through all the descends for January but that's the kind of thing I can plug away at without hardcore teambuilding to get through. Asuna turned out to be a good fit for C9. Her HP and +combo & RCV active were great for debuff clearing (sylph) and hitting combo checks.

Kwhit10

Oct 27, 2017
When there is lots of things to clear I usually run the arena that will give me enough xp to level up. AA for 2mil, A4 for 1mil (when 2x), and A3 for 300k. I do this when trying to run ranking a lot. Use 350 Stam for running and 100 Stam for the arena to level up. Rinse and repeat, unless I die of course.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Haha, I still have problems with this but I'm getting better. When I coop BJ I pretty much dump every active as soon as it comes up if there is a bad assist active on it. By the time I get deeper into the dungeon it'll be back up.

How much HP to you have, can you not stall on DMeta in coop? By multiple damage spikes he means more than one so you can safely use one and not have to stall it back up, they don't stack. You don't have Carat or Sheen do you?

Tried once this morning, took 45 minutes, ugh. Whenever I finally beat this I'll never touch it again.

So I decided to take it nice and slow today, popping B&J whenever they came up. I made one critical mistake but otherwise I think this team will do it. Basically got to D.Meta and was stalling to get my Raph shield back up (stupidly used it earlier and didn't need to) but had to pop a B&J so I could stall longer and the skyfall hit 7-C and I killed D.Meta ): I also need to do a better job of popping B&J at the same time so I can keep their CD the same.

Just solving a 7-C board against Kali with 2.5x multiplier only did like a quarter of her health. But I think using board changes will get much better. On the plus side I have enough health to withstand one of her hits, then with the shield I can withstand another and her 75% shield will be gone and a B&J board with a spike should clear it no problem.

Just need to get it all working together which shouldn't be a problem considering I can stall indefinitely on D.Meta. Instead of blind swiping if I need to do a B&J active to stall longer I'll do a large 2-c.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Woohoo, did it!

v6I68MV.jpg

Didn't even need all the extra prep, a Freya spike with a B&J board change took down Light Kali in one shot. Had a Raph shield up with another B&J ready to go if it didn't get the kill. My alt with Kuro/Kuro/Aife/Skuld did the deed.

Seems pretty repeatable now that I understand the spawns/damage and when to use my actives. But still enough randomness and takes too long to do safely. Probably wasted several hours attempting it too recklessly.

On to Super Ult Col and Machine Noah.

Edit: Super Ult Col was cake with Brigid being 3x Machine Killer and Red/Blue.

Double Edit: Wow, screw Machine Noah. I'm going to have to set up a massive damage spike and shield using D.Meta or Yusuke teams. Not feeling that right now. Tried Kuro with B&J and a ton of shields, survived probably 20 turns but just no way to burn her down. Tried with a Rodin, also have a Blodin and Mega Baldin I could load the team up with but their VDP output is really lacking on a B&J team.

Last edited:

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
OK, I beat NY 28 and NY 29. 28 (the two sub floor) was mostly a matter of just getting enough red and blue to skyfall in regularly for B&J/Mel to take it down. 29 was a bit harder. After looking up a discussion on Redditt, I went with Rikuu/Odindra/Erika/Tardis/Light cotton. I built it for max RCV so I healed like 78k with just a match of three hearts; with combos I could heal 300k plus. You also want a few long assists to keep actives for the last floor. Resolves are a real issue as well, so bring an FUA. A couple of things that will make life easier for anyone still running it:

Floor 1: heal up when you kill this guy, you'll eat a second delay immediately on the next floor and you need over 500k to live though floor 3's preemptive
Floor 2: kill ASAP, her second action is a 99% gravity, if you take it. Since she delays and debuffs your healing, it can be hard to get enough hp to live thorough the next transition
Floor 3: big premptive, but not too bad otherwise. If you check his resolve, he just heals to full, so you can stall a bit if you need to. However, if you screw up, he can bind or hit for quite a bit, so it might be safer to stall on the next floor. I stalled just long enough to get five hearts for FUA.
Floor 4: big time debuff. However, if you have tardis, she will spend all of her turns trying to debuff your time. Great place to stall forever. Get your assists up here.
Floor 5: 15 turn delay. His damage escalates gradually, so you likely have a few turns to kill, but don't spend too long.
Floor 6: She starts with an awoken bind. Don't clear it until you are ready to kill her, as she'll just do it again. If you screw up, she will just start hitting hard and binding every turn, which can be kind of unwinnable.

Woohoo, did it!

Didn't even need all the extra prep, a Freya spike with a B&J board change took down Light Kali in one shot. Had a Raph shield up with another B&J ready to go if it didn't get the kill. My alt with Kuro/Kuro/Aife/Skuld did the deed.

Seems pretty repeatable now that I understand the spawns/damage and when to use my actives. But still enough randomness and takes too long to do safely. Probably wasted several hours attempting it too recklessly.

On to Super Ult Col and Machine Noah.

Edit: Super Ult Col was cake with Brigid being 3x Machine Killer and Red/Blue.

Double Edit: Wow, screw Machine Noah. I'm going to have to set up a massive damage spike and shield using D.Meta or Yusuke teams. Not feeling that right now. Tried Kuro with B&J and a ton of shields, survived probably 20 turns but just no way to burn her down. Tried with a Rodin, also have a Blodin and Mega Baldin I could load the team up with but their VDP output is really lacking on a B&J team.

Congrats on the clear. I played it on and off for most of December. I still can't do much better than a 50% clear rate, simply due to several things needing to line up on the last run of spawns. I still don't have the red/green dude.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Which of the exchange rainbow ticket GH units is worth it? I have a Normal Reeche, so I am eyeing that red att one
(technically medals but since you can trade medals for tickets I figured they're worth mentioning in the conversation)
Alastair: Worth it for farming in multi unless you have better options. She's a super strong button base that brings her own nuke.
Konohana: Not worth it IMO

Actual Ticket Monsters:
Reeche: worth it if you still need a Fujin like active and can't clear, or don't want to skill up Panera
Flamme: Another decent farming lead. An alternative to Yamamoto, Glavenus huntress, and Ralg and her counter attack can actually clear floors sometimes against a 99% gravity. Fun toy and I'll be getting her.

I wish I could trade for Ralg for easy farming with my alt. I'm sitting on enough pulls from GH to do it twice over. Him and Raizer are all I'm missing. Neither is worth more stones to me but it'd be nice to have either.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty great update. Enhance mat stacking makes it to much less stressful to level up monsters.

I'm planning on making the new Scheat. Anyone else plan on running her? It looks like the JP content gap is down to under a month which is really exciting.

Looking at Scheat's leaderskill I'm thinking she has a pretty versatile sub pool. The 5 match clause is the same as Madoo's and Asuna's so most of the time you'll be able to activate and prong as needed with the potential for trouble on high combo shields. I'm thinking something like this:
Scheat,
Mel - solves RCV problem, active skill means guaranteed activation, solid inherit base
Jhoira - If awoken binds are a problem, otherwise this is a flex slot
Revo I&I - lots of prongs, RCV multi on active, burst for the hardest of targets or combining with a VDP sub for burst. Freyr would be better if she had the RCV component IMO
Blue Ney/Amenominakanushi - Bney for solo with VDP Super Awakening, Ameno for multi. I'd put something like Barioth equip on him.

Usual suspects for inherits depending on the dungeon. Rathian for Poison, Al/Narga for blind, jhoira card for cloud, etc

EDIT: spent some time with the team. I think this will be my Go To for quick clears. Instead of Bney/Ameno I used Bride Raijin with TPA Super Awakening. Given I wasn't able to fit full poison/jammer resist on the team being able to unlock and board change on a relatively short cooldown seemed like a good idea. She also brings 3 TPA and +1sec of move time so all around a useful sub. If I need to sub in a VDP I'll replace her or Jhoira depending on the dungeon. Revo Amon is a potential VDP option but I think Ameno with unawoken Nene assist might be the best option for long dungeons. There's already a 5 minute A3 clear vid on reddit. I'm really digging this evo.

A3 Reddit team: Scheat, Red Ilmina, Mega Baldin, Mega Roots, Revo Luci.

Last edited:

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
(technically medals but since you can trade medals for tickets I figured they're worth mentioning in the conversation)
Alastair: Worth it for farming in multi unless you have better options. She's a super strong button base that brings her own nuke.
Konohana: Not worth it IMO

Actual Ticket Monsters:
Reeche: worth it if you still need a Fujin like active and can't clear, or don't want to skill up Panera
Flamme: Another decent farming lead. An alternative to Yamamoto, Glavenus huntress, and Ralg and her counter attack can actually clear floors sometimes against a 99% gravity. Fun toy and I'll be getting her.

I wish I could trade for Ralg for easy farming with my alt. I'm sitting on enough pulls from GH to do it twice over. Him and Raizer are all I'm missing. Neither is worth more stones to me but it'd be nice to have either.

I want to defend Konohana a little bit. Given the fact that we have been drowning in event medals lately, having an inherit that provides +1 second with a surprisingly useful active skill isn't the worst use of them. I was a little concerned I was wasting the medals initially last time around, but I have gotten a lot of mileage out of the assist. If you feel as though you consistently don't have enough time on your teams, I think it is a worthy addition to one's roster.

LOL got 900+ extra free space from this update. Almost halved my space usage.

I finally can start saving super snow globes. I couldn't justify more than 10 SSG or rainbowpy in terms of box space, so a lot of times I just fed them to something that might, someday, be useful. Much more comfortable as a hoarder.

Pretty great update. Enhance mat stacking makes it to much less stressful to level up monsters.

I'm planning on making the new Scheat. Anyone else plan on running her? It looks like the JP content gap is down to under a month which is really exciting.

Looking at Scheat's leaderskill I'm thinking she has a pretty versatile sub pool. The 5 match clause is the same as Madoo's and Asuna's so most of the time you'll be able to activate and prong as needed with the potential for trouble on high combo shields. I'm thinking something like this:
Scheat,
Mel - solves RCV problem, active skill means guaranteed activation, solid inherit base
Jhoira - If awoken binds are a problem, otherwise this is a flex slot
Revo I&I - lots of prongs, RCV multi on active, burst for the hardest of targets or combining with a VDP sub for burst. Freyr would be better if she had the RCV component IMO
Blue Ney/Amenominakanushi - Bney for solo with VDP Super Awakening, Ameno for multi. I'd put something like Barioth equip on him.

Usual suspects for inherits depending on the dungeon. Rathian for Poison, Al/Narga for blind, jhoira card for cloud, etc

EDIT: spent some time with the team. I think this will be my Go To for quick clears. Instead of Bney/Ameno I used Bride Raijin with TPA Super Awakening. Given I wasn't able to fit full poison/jammer resist on the team being able to unlock and board change on a relatively short cooldown seemed like a good idea. She also brings 3 TPA and +1sec of move time so all around a useful sub. If I need to sub in a VDP I'll replace her or Jhoira depending on the dungeon. Revo Amon is a potential VDP option but I think Ameno with unawoken Nene assist might be the best option for long dungeons. There's already a 5 minute A3 clear vid on reddit. I'm really digging this evo.

A3 Reddit team: Scheat, Red Ilmina, Mega Baldin, Mega Roots, Revo Luci.

I'm actually really surprised at the muted response to her initial reveal. She has AA level durability, access to the best healing solutions in the game, and a generally easy/reliable leaderskill. My first attempt at team building has been Scheat (weld equip)/Mel (Sumire)/Revo I&I (Facet)/VDP Suou/Planar. As always, time is a bit on the low side, but with the LS not really requiring consistent 7c it will probably work. Especially with two + combo actives. Still need to work out where to put a fujin and whether or not I can muster poison block. Team has 100k HP and heals ~30k hp on a match of four heals. It is ludicrous. Might also need to work in a heavier damage sub for AA too, as I'm only clocking the Scheat with weld around 13 million and I can't consistently hit 7 combos here. Of note, which godkiller sub is likely the best in these situations? She can run no.6, Luci, or roots.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
I want to defend Konohana a little bit. Given the fact that we have been drowning in event medals lately, having an inherit that provides +1 second with a surprisingly useful active skill isn't the worst use of them. I was a little concerned I was wasting the medals initially last time around, but I have gotten a lot of mileage out of the assist. If you feel as though you consistently don't have enough time on your teams, I think it is a worthy addition to one's roster.

I finally can start saving super snow globes. I couldn't justify more than 10 SSG or rainbowpy in terms of box space, so a lot of times I just fed them to something that might, someday, be useful. Much more comfortable as a hoarder.

I'm actually really surprised at the muted response to her initial reveal. She has AA level durability, access to the best healing solutions in the game, and a generally easy/reliable leaderskill. My first attempt at team building has been Scheat (weld equip)/Mel (Sumire)/Revo I&I (Facet)/VDP Suou/Planar. As always, time is a bit on the low side, but with the LS not really requiring consistent 7c it will probably work. Especially with two + combo actives. Still need to work out where to put a fujin and whether or not I can muster poison block. Team has 100k HP and heals ~30k hp on a match of four heals. It is ludicrous. Might also need to work in a heavier damage sub for AA too, as I'm only clocking the Scheat with weld around 13 million and I can't consistently hit 7 combos here. Of note, which godkiller sub is likely the best in these situations? She can run no.6, Luci, or roots.
Konohana is fine if you need the TE equip and are swimming in medals, fair point . If you're limited in medals or plan on using her as a sub I'd still recommend against it.

For Scheat I think it depends on the dungeon for a GK sub. If you're planning for A3 Roots or Luci would be fine (actually probably excessive tbh). A4/AA is a better fit for god killers. If you hate spinners Roots is a solid choice but Luci's RCV is a big help too. No. 6 feels like a budget option unless you really want to focus on Red/Blue damage. If you inherit Paolumu equip to avoid Jammers or Planar as a VDP option Luci's probably the better choice, If you use Ilmina/Suou as a VDP option Roots is probably the better choice just so you get a benefit from their main attribute. Also don't sleep on Mega Baldin if that's an option for you. Most high HP god monsters are multi-typed so mega baldin can provide a nice boost too especially since his active has a spike attached.

I love her versatility and simplicity. It's nice after playing combo intense leads for so long. Also her stalling power is actually pretty good if you 5 match off color (or hearts) to stay shielded. If you really want to crank the damage you can inherit a facet at 11 TPA with leads and SA I&I it'll only go up from there with more TPAs.

Kwhit10

Oct 27, 2017
I like the madoo style of game play so mega scheat is nice. I don't really need her for A3 farming as I have my 3 fujin active madoo team for that. Although I haven't been able to make a speed farm A4 team yet which I'd like to get more snow globes so I'll play around with scheat team. I'll have to use a grodin equip on Mel since I don't have jhoira.

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
So with some quick maths it seems like Mega Scheat's TPAs will hit harder than her water/fire form by a bit despite having 1 less TPA awake because Mega form has ~1200 more ATK. Can anyone else confirm? I'm interested in her for A3 farming but don't want to negatively affect her heavy hitter roll on my AA BJ team.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
What sort of bullshit are they?

I haven't tried new AA yet, but i did try A5 with BJ. Seemed doable, cloud resist recommend. I died on hera nyx, hit her below 50% and she decimated me. I just don't know damage thresholds yet. But yeah it has a lot of the shitty new spawns like bigfoot etc...

I do like the new scheat, will still use madoo for A3 though since I have that team down pat. But it's another nice lead to have.

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
Oh also what do you guys think about L-Unlock now removing locked skyfall? There have definitely been times where some locked light skyfall has messed up my Mega Baldin active so I think it's pretty cool to have an answer to it.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
YOLO'd Zela RNG be praised. Now I have the whole Great Witch set. Got the VDP super awakening and I'm leaning toward the 7c form for versatility. Though a double VDP healer with high ATK is tempting.

Oh also what do you guys think about L-Unlock now removing locked skyfall? There have definitely been times where some locked light skyfall has messed up my Mega Baldin active so I think it's pretty cool to have an answer to it.
Honestly I totally forgot about it. Sounds awesome for dealing with annoyances and gives the awakening a good niche. Should be a huge boost to Zapan too.

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
Tried Grotesque Being (A5 right?) with DMeta. First try I was so excited to use the Izanagi I pulled that I forgot I didn't have a Fujin, RIP run (still one of the worst things ever conceived for this game). Second run I ran into poison skyfall from Hino and then someone debuffed my RCV. RIP again.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
So with some quick maths it seems like Mega Scheat's TPAs will hit harder than her water/fire form by a bit despite having 1 less TPA awake because Mega form has ~1200 more ATK. Can anyone else confirm? I'm interested in her for A3 farming but don't want to negatively affect her heavy hitter roll on my AA BJ team.

Seems like it to me too. Kinda surprising actually, but unless I forgot something seems like M.Scheat is the damage queen.

I haven't tried new AA yet, but i did try A5 with BJ. Seemed doable, cloud resist recommend. I died on hera nyx, hit her below 50% and she decimated me. I just don't know damage thresholds yet. But yeah it has a lot of the shitty new spawns like bigfoot etc...

I do like the new scheat, will still use madoo for A3 though since I have that team down pat. But it's another nice lead to have.
Tried Grotesque Being (A5 right?) with DMeta. First try I was so excited to use the Izanagi I pulled that I forgot I didn't have a Fujin, RIP run (still one of the worst things ever conceived for this game). Second run I ran into poison skyfall from Hino and then someone debuffed my RCV. RIP again.

Sounds great.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
On A5 made it to Floor 18 on my two tries with Kuro B&J and you can stall there indefinitely. It's just the Cosmic Trinity and they don't have executions until less than 10%. Both times I prepped all my actives for the final floor but triggered executions on Floor 18. Cthulu is easy enough, just don't get him below half health or he'll put up a 6-C shield which is hard to deal with due to 30 turn cloud on the bottom row and 15 turn lethal poison skyfall. Go for the FUA kill off the bat. I underestimated my damage as I was trying to chip it below 50% and triggered his execution.

Same thing with Azathoth my other run, chipped him down to like 20% and tried to go for the kill but overshot my damage and had it voided and landed below 10% again.

Bringing a shield next time but I have no idea what floor 19 will be.

A5 seems easier than AA (depending on what the final boss is) with a 4x HP stall team, stupid gimmicks all over but they are easy to wait out.

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like it to me too. Kinda surprising actually, but unless I forgot something seems like M.Scheat is the damage queen.
I made the switch and plowed through A3 with the 5min team from Reddit, using Mel instead of Ilmina (holy shit it's fast and fun). Her ATK with +297 Weld is 3680, which is like 1400 more than the other version with Weld. Her TPAs will hit harder than before and obviously her non-TPA damage is also massively improved, which is nice.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh two A5 runs thwarted by Hera-Nyx, need to figure out these damage outputs and thresholds. Sucks when you stall out Bigfoot and Manticore just to hit a execution threshold on the next spawn.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
When you figure out nyx, let me know.

Don't have her spawn lol.

This was my co-op AA team B&J (Hakuryu) x2 / Kuro (Typhon) x2 / Kuro (Bradley/Rathian) x2 / Skuld (Helen/Raph) x2 / Aife (Lugh) / Enra (Freya). About 265k HP and heals for ~105.

I didn't use any assist actives since most everything had Void Damage Protection. I'd have to see the second boss before making any changes but I'd probably bring a poison clear and some more shields instead of delays and spikes. The poison killed me on one run but it's manageable to clear three lethal and have Kuro heal and very slowly 3orb 1-c stall the poisons so not entirely necessary.

Got Zeus, Nylarathotep, and a Red Yog (Cthugha haha) as the final boss. I chipped down Zeus using 3 Blue Orb + 3 Red Orb combos, it was slow but then a 7C took him out comfortably when I thought he was at 15% ish (although a previous run I overshot and was executed). I didn't know anything about Nylar but he had no shield or resolve so I just popped a B&J board and got the kill, was kind of lucky since he blinds all orbs for 30 turns so I blind swiped a bi-color and got a 7C not expecting to kill him.

For the Red Yog (Cthugha lol) I just chipped solving 7C's (while changing my babies diaper lol) and he couldn't kill me. His execution was just to increase damage and heal health so I just kept solving until I hit the magic combo that stayed under the void shield but killed him. The Kuro healing was barely enough to stay alive. Even his enrage damage couldn't kill me.

So (co-op) Kuro loop is an "easy" win on this arena (unless the other boss is tough) if you don't get Hera-Nyx if you are just patient. Took me maybe 7 tries blind.

Full disclosure not sure this would have worked solo as the healing wouldn't have been enough to stay alive against Red Yog (Cthugha). He gravities constantly and follows up with a 100k attack making a quick kill important.

Really not sure how you'd kill him otherwise, you'd need a serious VDP with a FUA.

Probably better off running D.Meta or Yusuke cause of all the VDPs and for times sake.

Last edited:

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, I'm trying solo with BJ and Kuros. I've only tried twice so far. Gratz on the clear.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, I'm trying solo with BJ and Kuros. I've only tried twice so far. Gratz on the clear.

Oh yeah, Red Yog (edit it's Cthugha haha) will dispel you too (I think it was after 50% health) so make sure to have a Kuro charge ready to go. Freaked me out.

Solo might be tough to get through the boss with B&J tbh, I'm awful at high damage VDP spikes with B&J so not sure how you'd handle the final floor. Probably have to run a Mel as a sub for healing if you wanted to chip? His 99% gravities and subsequent attack will kill a solo B&J team relying on Kuro I think.

Can't find a translation but here's a link from Reddit on A5 and AA2.

A5 JP
AA2 JP

Last edited:

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
Cleared A5 first try with coop DMeta.

DMeta (Bradley equip)
Revo Seraph Luci (R Yomi)
Uruka (Trojan Horse)
Eir (A Durga)
Planar (Trojan Horse)

DMeta (Hakuryu Card)
NY Yomi (Trojan Horse)
R Izanagi (Dark Fenrir)
Eir (Trojan Horse)
Planar (Cloud resist equip)

Izanagi didn't have any SDRs and got hit with a delay so when the poison skyfall came he was like 4 turns away. That sucked, but had Planar active and got some lucky heart TPA skyfalls to keep me alive. Got Hera Nyx and two shot her. First hit took her to like 10% and then I tanked her rage and killed next turn. Got the water cosmic god and already had 5 hearts for FUA so that was a simple one-shot. Yog was a tough bastard though. DMeta board while under 50% still only took him to around 50% so then I had to dance around his dark/light absorb. He did hit pretty hard, even with shield, so coop HP was key to surviving here until the absorb dropped. He also blinded some orbs and since 80% resist = 0% many actually landed. My alt has a 3rd Horse and I think I should just put it on DMeta to be immune to everything, the extra balance killer from the card equip isn't that important. I chipped him back under 50% and he didn't put it up again so I used Izanagi and another DMeta board to take him out.

All in all it was fun and two killers is nice for one dungeon, but I could have farmed A3 at least twice with M Scheat and wouldn't have wasted hundreds of stam on a rank up.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
Trying to muster some enthusiasm for farming tickets for the GH monsters. Not doing too well. I sort of want to get at least one, cause, you know, free stuff, but I suspect I need neither. I only barely got one of the SAO dudes, mostly because I like having access to double row makers for Kaede purposes. Ugh, I don't really enjoy this new trend. It would probably be better on a week when there wasn't other interesting stuff to do.

Also, we are getting to the point where decisions about that appreciation medal need to be made. Valk is the obvious choice, but, truthfully, I'm not sure where I'd run her. She's good in a non-specific way in that she has 7c and two relevant killers. She sort of fills the same role as Erika, but with better killers, but no TE and a generally worse active skill. In contrast, Athena, although a worse card in general, would be really specifically cool in a hypothetical Athena Another team. She also has a reasonable active skill for such an endeavor. While I'm excited about Athena Another, realistically, I probably won't run her a bunch and it may be hard to find others with her. I'm also certainly not rolling more on shinra bansho to try to get a second. That assumes that we get it again, or at least the buffs. I realize Game8 and friends don't think much of her, but she seems to be easily the best heart-cross lead in the game and I am interested in playing with her again. That being said, Anthena Non is likely more of a luxury than a requirement, especially since I have a Wedding Scheat. Someone talk me out of getting the TPA monster.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Trying to muster some enthusiasm for farming tickets for the GH monsters. Not doing too well. I sort of want to get at least one, cause, you know, free stuff, but I suspect I need neither. I only barely got one of the SAO dudes, mostly because I like having access to double row makers for Kaede purposes. Ugh, I don't really enjoy this new trend. It would probably be better on a week when there wasn't other interesting stuff to do.

Also, we are getting to the point where decisions about that appreciation medal need to be made. Valk is the obvious choice, but, truthfully, I'm not sure where I'd run her. She's good in a non-specific way in that she has 7c and two relevant killers. She sort of fills the same role as Erika, but with better killers, but no TE and a generally worse active skill. In contrast, Athena, although a worse card in general, would be really specifically cool in a hypothetical Athena Another team. She also has a reasonable active skill for such an endeavor. While I'm excited about Athena Another, realistically, I probably won't run her a bunch and it may be hard to find others with her. I'm also certainly not rolling more on shinra bansho to try to get a second. That assumes that we get it again, or at least the buffs. I realize Game8 and friends don't think much of her, but she seems to be easily the best heart-cross lead in the game and I am interested in playing with her again. That being said, Anthena Non is likely more of a luxury than a requirement, especially since I have a Wedding Scheat. Someone talk me out of getting the TPA monster.

Here's a recommendation: pick the one that has the Orb Skin you want. The "problem" with Valk is she's generally useful anywhere making her replaceable, maybe not by something better but she's not a must have unless you want to lead with her (she's fun to play if you have the subs for her though). Athena fills a niche better than almost any other with an absurdly high ATK and an easy way to multiply it hard via TPA, equips, and Facet. If you don't run TPA teams then she's going to be the least useful of the bunch since Gigas farming is really easy and popular enough to find friends. But if you do run TPAs then Athena is actually the right choice.

Negator

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in a pickle too. I've been meaning to use my medal on Valkyrie, but somehow ended up rolling one in the Godfest.
I have to make the choice between a Dupe Valkyrie, Zeus, and Athena.

I feel like a dupe Valk would be somehow the most useful, as I don't think I would ever use Athena. I could get Zeus, but isn't it kind of just a sidegrade to a Zeus Verse? Counterpoint in favor of Zeus - I have three Salines to play with. They just wouldn't stop coming.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in a pickle too. I've been meaning to use my medal on Valkyrie, but somehow ended up rolling one in the Godfest.
I have to make the choice between a Dupe Valkyrie, Zeus, and Athena.

I feel like a dupe Valk would be somehow the most useful, as I don't think I would ever use Athena. I could get Zeus, but isn't it kind of just a sidegrade to a Zeus Verse? Counterpoint in favor of Zeus - I have three Salines to play with. They just wouldn't stop coming.
What would you use the dupe Valk on? Verse is 225x and Giga is 256x. Not sure if the added punch opens Giga up to content Verse can't manage but the 16x when not full HP might actually make a difference vs Verse's 4x. If you want to farm with it it's not a bad choice. Athena's not a great lead but I'll say again she's really good at punching through defenses.

I'd say make your choice on the following criteria (priorities are up to you):
1) Farming = Giga
2) Lead = Valk
3) Sub = Valk/Athena depending on needs (typing for teams you'd use them on, relative stats like Athena's ATK vs Ciel's RCV, etc)

I went with Valk and lucked into rolling 2 Non's. I wouldn't consider a dupe personally since I'd be limiting the number of niches I can cover.

Jody

Nov 8, 2017
I'm so lost with the game these days. I have no idea what teams are good anymore. Anyone have a good resource for meta teams to build? All my old resources seem dead.

How are the Monster Shop event MP cards? Leo or the dark card worth buying?

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so lost with the game these days. I have no idea what teams are good anymore. Anyone have a good resource for meta teams to build? All my old resources seem dead.

Dunno what people's thoughts on him are but I like mantasticpad.com for reviews of all the collabs and events. He has some team building guides but also reviews all the new mega evolutions, etc, as they are released.

I see from your post history you have D.Meta and Yusuke. D.Meta is the top lead in NA right now. Usually people farm an Eir to fix his healing issues (and provide awoken unbind) and go with a Planar or Kami (for FUA) along with an Izanagi (Damage spike and bring HP down to trigger leader skill). The last slot is usually reserved for utility as needed in a dungeon but could be filled by A. Lucifer, I&I, etc.

Bakadata compiles all the JP websites for tier lists. We don't get all the same collabs but you can pick through to see what's best. They also have a most popular sub list. Right now D.Meta sits on top along with B&J and occasionally Ed makes his way in there. Yusuke has fallen off but still very viable for most if not all content. In general 4x HP leads are the most popular now as their effective HP is the best defense wise but they often need a healing stick or Kuro loop.

Leo is kind of like a dark Yusuke but since you have D.Meta I wouldn't bother. Kuro is used as a sub x2 on teams to provide an infinite healing loop of 40% on popular B&J and Mega Roots teams.

The way GungHo structures their dungeons now it's good to have multiple meta leads, they seem to design dungeons with D.Mets in mind sometimes (light/dark absorb shields, etc).

Some users here and on Reddit are finding the new M.Scheat to eclipse Madoo and be a very viable end game lead. I traded mine for a Jhoria :/

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017

I think the biggest difference from the Yusuke era is a larger premium on bigger HP totals, BUT event then I beat many current event dungeons with a team that has only a 43% shield, so it isn't really necessary except for junk like brand new arenas or a few of the 3p dungeons. Even then, Yuske, who has been powercreeped a bit, isn't really out of the meta; you just may need to bring a shield for some stuff. His damage is fine. D.Meta is still probably the top of the meta, but she is a bit tough to make a workable team, especially if you aren't going with the standard Eir/Izanagi/FUA/Damage build.

As far as subs go, still 7c all the way. We are starting to see more double VDP or VDP + killer units, but they probably aren't necessary for most things. MP monsters are generally rather poor, with the exceptions of odindra and ragdra, who are still great much of the time. Like lt519 said, Mega Scheat is the new hotness. Not better than D.Meta for most purposes, but probably easier much of the time.