• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dr_LawyerCop

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
What's some teams that can clear machine Noah? I've messed around with it but haven't gotten too close. Most recently I've been trying Echidna - Sara in co-op with my alt, but not sure if damage will be good enough. Just want to get her to make a reeche hat.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
I'll give them, Quil is a pretty interesting dungeon. I ended up going with a Kirito team, but I think Hiei would be fun (bonus points if you build a Haku system) and D.Meta probably works too.

What's some teams that can clear machine Noah? I've messed around with it but haven't gotten too close. Most recently I've been trying Echidna - Sara in co-op with my alt, but not sure if damage will be good enough. Just want to get her to make a reeche hat.

It has been a minute since I played it, but I think the biggest thing is to have a recovery solution. After she locks your HP to 500k, she will throw an occasional haymaker that be in that range, so you want to be able to heal well. Having a shield is helpful too. I feel like with the right set-up, Rikuu probably can pull it off. I don't think you need to VDP until the very end, so have an idea of how to pull it off.

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not nearly a top tier player but I'm curious what the thought on the latest purchase trio is. I know the Echidna ability is kind of weak since so many bosses are immune, the Hera or Knight seem better, but I have kind of a soft spot for her.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
OK, MH is back. I bought the $2 pack and the $30 pack and made two rolls with found stones. Oddly enough, I wanted several 5* and a few of the 6* for various reasons. Out of all the rolls, I got nothing I was looking for, but a zinogre, an amatsu, and two fatalis. It's nice and all, but I still have to roll on this blasted machine for the other stuff.

Not sure what to do with Fatalis. I may try him as a lead and see how much Hiei helps to mitigate the dark orb hunger. However, his equip is nuts, which makes me want to make two of that. Still, Shirou taught me to try new leads before I make them into hats.

I'm not nearly a top tier player but I'm curious what the thought on the latest purchase trio is. I know the Echidna ability is kind of weak since so many bosses are immune, the Hera or Knight seem better, but I have kind of a soft spot for her.

I think, broadly, the green knight is likely the best of the bunch. He's a good sub in his color and he has access to a somewhat unique active skill. I actually also suspect he is the most useful leader, assuming you have a Tardis and enough dragons to make it work. That having been said he's nothing special, being too low powered for end game and slightly more effort than things like madoo or scheat. Alternately, Echidna is pretty neat if you want her combination of killers and a VDP, so I wouldn't feel bad getting her for that. She isn't a particularly strong lead though.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
There's a couple answers to Machine Noah. Alfecca continues to suck so bring FUA or know how to work around his BS. You can stall out Claymore's absorb or pack a fujin, Kotodama's skill delay sucks for farming purposes so use the other floors to stall up enough buffer to eat a 5 turn delay (or bring SDR), also on a 6x5 he guarantees a rainbow board of 6 combos max, on 7x6 he adds poisons, mortals, and jammers to the mix. Enoch is the same as his boss fight. Try to stall out the heart block then kill. His resolve just gives him a combo shield. Kill Acubens ASAP. His up to 10 turn skill delay SUUUUUUCKS. the problem here is you need to do an absolutely insane amount of damage to kill him. You can dance with Noah for a bit if you have the RCV to keep up with the insane HP pool you're given. An Odin Dragon style active is super helpful once you drop her resolve since she 99% gravs and awoken binds you. As Aesnath said Rikuu is pretty well suited to the task. Bring answers to the above threats and you should be fine. Here's a couple clear vids:

Zeal and Echidna are better than Hera unless you want the hera orb skins. Echidna is useful as a VDP sub and hits really hard. Zeal is probably the best lead out of the three so if you need a good (not great) lead go that route.
my ranking:
Lead: Zeal
Sub: Echidna
Skin: Hera

OK, MH is back. I bought the $2 pack and the $30 pack and made two rolls with found stones. Oddly enough, I wanted several 5* and a few of the 6* for various reasons. Out of all the rolls, I got nothing I was looking for, but a zinogre, an amatsu, and two fatalis. It's nice and all, but I still have to roll on this blasted machine for the other stuff.

Not sure what to do with Fatalis. I may try him as a lead and see how much Hiei helps to mitigate the dark orb hunger. However, his equip is nuts, which makes me want to make two of that. Still, Shirou taught me to try new leads before I make them into hats.
Fatalis and Zinogre are both super good. I can see an argument for making a fatalis equip but not two, I can't think of why you'd want more than one Fatalis on a team. Zinogre has the downsides of rainbow leads but his damage output is ridiculous. Paired with 7x6 sensui you can activate pretty much every turn and shit out damage (~220x), paired with himself you lose consistency but activation means 441x damage. Fatalis is orb hungry sure but you get 15x and a truckload of HP. the double VDP and L awakening means plenty of damage when you need to burst. I'd prefer him as a sub on a dark team since you can get a bigger multiplier attached to that VDP, the L unlock being able to dispel locked skyfall is nice too.

I pulled a 5th diablos and a third Amatsu so I'm going to trade for either Fatalis or Zinogre. I'm leaning towards Fatalis just to have a different playstyle and I have 7x6 sensui so I can pair with Zinogre for that combo.

Thinking of running Sensui, Hexa, Jhoira, Kami (10c), Kuroyuri, Zinogre. Looking to really get the most of of the 10c awakenings. Kuro's a flex since I can just inherit glavenus on someone for tape resist. Ideally I'd partner with a zinogre with zinogre equip on him and put a rathian/agidyne/some kind of resist equip on hexa.

Kwhit10

Oct 27, 2017
Pulled 14 times. Didn't get any 7 stars mobs. I don't have a single 7 star from MH between last time and this.

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
I rolled probably close to 50 times (still have stones left) across my 3 accounts and pulled everything at least once except Legiana and Glavenus. Would have liked a second Glav for my main so I could get the weapon since I use the base form for S-ranks when I need FUA.

I only got one Fatalis so no coop testing yet. I'm interested in trying to coop a super safe Kuroyuri system with 100% hazard, cloud and tape resist. 280k HP with resist to everything, 43% shield, and 60% heal every turn can probably take on anything.

I did beat Qilin annihilation with Eir, Planar, NY Yomi, Kuroyuri. VPD was annoying to get orbs for and actives consistantly left me with too many or too little and if Qilin had been harder I don't think I would have been able to stall and win. Eir with chocolate box equip, RCV+ latents, and big RCV badge would heal around 80k with heart TPA and some combos so she seems like a good healing solution, but the lack of self gravity actives means she didn't do any real damage. I haven't skilled Fatalis up yet in the event they would work better as an equip since it remains to be seen if they are actually better than my other top tier leads.

Question: Would the >80% HP awake from Brachydios equip affect the damage from his active?

Last edited:

Dr_LawyerCop

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Managed to roll a Fatalis on my main. Seems pretty fun so far. Probably going to work on a team for awhile and see what I can do.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
Managed to roll a Fatalis on my main. Seems pretty fun so far. Probably going to work on a team for awhile and see what I can do.

Yeah I did too, really my only good roll out of 13 pulls. I did get some 5*s I didn't have at least. Fatalis seems really strong and another great home for my kuroyuris.

Dr_LawyerCop

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I did too, really my only good roll out of 13 pulls. I did get some 5*s I didn't have at least. Fatalis seems really strong and another great home for my kuroyuris.

I don't have Kuroyuri, since I never really had a team that justified purchasing one. I guess I'll pick one up next time her collab comes along. I really like the play style.

Also managed to roll my first Amatsu. Don't know where I'll use him, but obviously pretty stoked I got him.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
I don't have Kuroyuri, since I never really had a team that justified purchasing one. I guess I'll pick one up next time her collab comes along. I really like the play style.

Also managed to roll my first Amatsu. Don't know where I'll use him, but obviously pretty stoked I got him.

Eir is probably a good substitute. I'm actually going to try something like Fatalis/MA Gremory/Hiei/Planar/Eir and see how that goes. Kinda excited to get to use MA Gremory finally.

Kwhit10

Oct 27, 2017
Since I didnt have any 7stars I bought the 30$ bundle and got fatalis. Then used those 30 stones and rolled another fatalis and my second Rathian which I was hoping for.

Not sure if I should make one equip or use fatalis on his own team.

Paintman

Oct 25, 2017
Rolled 5 times (including the two freebies), I got Ankator as my only 7*. Pretty spiky creature, what do I do with it??

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
Since I didnt have any 7stars I bought the 30$ bundle and got fatalis. Then used those 30 stones and rolled another fatalis and my second Rathian which I was hoping for.

Yeah I really wanted a 2nd rathian, maybe I'll get lucky before the thing ends. The ideal fatalis teams from reddit use his equip on himself and then eir or kuroyuris. Here is a good read with some videos.

https://reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndDrago..._that_monster_hunter_is_confirmed_for_na_and/

Dr_LawyerCop

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017

Seems like everyone makes the assist. The assist is awesome. I'm seeing a lot of fatalis with the assist on my friends lists.

Eir is probably a good substitute. I'm actually going to try something like Fatalis/MA Gremory/Hiei/Planar/Eir and see how that goes. Kinda excited to get to use MA Gremory finally.

Awesome, I actually have that team. I had been using Hieil and Eir, but haven't figured out what other subs to use.

Kwhit10

Oct 27, 2017

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
Some thoughts about Fatalis:

1. Hiei really does seem to help the consistency problem. There are still turns where you can't get five dark, but it works
2. Fatalis plays most similarly to Light Ryu (in my experience), but the extra time and no need for an active really helps smooth it out
3. I'm impressed by the damage that Fatalis spits out, probably owing to its large attack stat. MA Gremory feels unnecessary with the leads and Hiei carrying the damage most of the time
4. Teambuilding is surprisingly easy. I like Eir as a healing solution, I like that getting poison/jammer block is nearly free. I've had more trouble fitting the other actives at the same time (notably full blind/fujin/gemstone along with the full poison/jammer block is tricky)
5. TE is pretty generous, which is nice, as I'm still very clunky at getting an L and 7c.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Got Zinogre and Negrigante, thinking of trading them in with a dupe veroah and valkyrie ciel for Fatalis.

Also I sold my token for the free GFE on accident, I was clearing out space for +21 pulls and didn't realize it was the token..whoops.

Jagernaut

Oct 27, 2017
Are Valkyrie Ciel Gear and/or Zeus Giga Gear worth making? They require 3 evolved hunters as trade material.

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
Got Zinogre and Negrigante, thinking of trading them in with a dupe veroah and valkyrie ciel for Fatalis.

Also I sold my token for the free GFE on accident, I was clearing out space for +21 pulls and didn't realize it was the token..whoops.
D: oh man that sucks! I always favorite those things and every rainbow medal in the event I'm not paying attention. I wish I could still favorite my King Diamond Dragon since I don't need 100mil coins and it's a 8cd 75% shield that might come in handy at some point.

Are Valkyrie Ciel Gear and/or Zeus Giga Gear worth making? They require 3 evolved hunters as trade material.

Valk gear is a nice pairing with regular Ciel with her RCV component. If you run them in coop you'll have even higher HP, the healing to get it back, and her stock 60% poison resist will free up an assist slot.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
D: oh man that sucks! I always favorite those things and every rainbow medal in the event I'm not paying attention. I wish I could still favorite my King Diamond Dragon since I don't need 100mil coins and it's a 8cd 75% shield that might come in handy at some point.

Haha, it's fine. At this point I have so many cards I haven't even really tried out, what's another? As with SF I probably won't touch most of the MH units. I'll make some weapon equips but for the most part it is still waiting for the next major meta breaking unit. Speaking of which, looking forward to giving Zeta a try. I have really good subs for him and have him on my alt. Just need to find a way to get him on my main.

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to get a free female hunter this time around? I seem to remember last time we got one for clearing all the dungeons or something.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
So is fatalis the one to get? I pulled a bunch and got.
Diablos
Mitzune x2
Seregios x 2
valphalk
Gamoth
Rathalos
Akantor
Barioth x2

Bad rolls? How does Fatalis stack up to dmeta?

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
So is fatalis the one to get? I pulled a bunch and got.
Diablos
Mitzune x2
Seregios x 2
valphalk
Gamoth
Rathalos
Akantor
Barioth x2

Bad rolls? How does Fatalis stack up to dmeta?
- Diablos is nice since now you can pair with all the good partners.
- Rathian is great for poison resist and the delay/poison comes in handy sometimes if it accidentally comes up.
- Mitzune is the best healing assist buff. Equip version on Mel will heal for boatloads for a team like BJ on heart TPA and the active is amazing for RCV debuffs which are getting more common.
- Barioth is a great board change for Yusuke when you need hearts.
- Seregios is equipable tape resist so it can work in coop.
- Rathalos is a pure damage factory for fire teams when maxed to 110 with 7c SA. TE, team HP, and low CD active are nice too.

For Fatalis v DMeta, Fat is easier to activate in general and doesn't need to worry about HP level, but will have a harder time dealing with combos of certain mechanics. For example, VDP for Fat requires 14 dark orbs minimum, which is a lot. Lots of the teams I've seen for him also have Hiei on the team for 99 turn dark skyfall buff. If there is VDP + high combo shield he might have a hard time making it because of the L required. If there is VDP + resolve he simply can't win because there isn't enough room on a 6x5 board for box, L, and heart column. Unless of course you are using a non-dark VDP but then you aren't getting Fat's VDP damage in there.

Fat can use Kuroyuri system though so in that regard he is a safer lead and team building is a bit easier since it's any dark instead of gods. Fat is safer during certain awoken binds if you don't have a clear since he will still have +4 TE from LS. An awoken bound DMeta is unlikely to activate her shield unless you are really fast.

I rolled Fatalis on my 2nd but haven't skilled or limit broken him because I might just make the the weapon assist and stick it on my DMeta. I've been lucky enough to roll optimal DMeta teams on all 3 accounts so if there is something that requires that level of tank she's probably my better option.

Last edited:

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
- Diablos is nice since now you can pair with all the good partners.
- Rathian is great for poison resist and the delay/poison comes in handy sometimes if it accidentally comes up.
- Mitzune is the best healing assist buff. Equip version on Mel will heal for boatloads for a team like BJ on heart TPA and the active is amazing for RCV debuffs which are getting more common.
- Barioth is a great board change for Yusuke when you need hearts.
- Seregios is equipable tape resist so it can work in coop.
- Rathalos is a pure damage factory for fire teams when maxed to 110 with 7c SA. TE, team HP, and low CD active are nice too.

For Fatalis v DMeta, Fat is easier to activate in general and doesn't need to worry about HP level, but will have a harder time dealing with combos of certain mechanics. For example, VDP for Fat requires 14 dark orbs minimum, which is a lot. If there is VDP + high combo shield he might have a hard time making it because of the L required. If there is VDP + resolve he simply can't win because there isn't enough room on a 6x5 board for box, L, and heart column. Unless of course you are using a non-dark VDP but then you aren't getting Fat's VDP damage in there.

Fat can use Kuroyuri system though so in that regard he is a safer lead and team building is a bit easier since it's any dark instead of gods. Fat is safer during certain awoken binds if you don't have a clear since he will still have +4 TE from LS. An awoken bound DMeta is unlikely to activate her shield unless you are really fast.
Great reply. Thank you.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
NP, but I will give the caveat that I've only ran Fatalis once in a real dungeon, Qilin, with a thrown together team so I'm far from an authority on actually playing him. He can probably clear almost everything if played right.
I don't have him nor the stones to pull for him just wondering how he stacked up to the others.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
Fatalis isn't at the very top of the meta, but he's pretty close. I also think he is a blast to play, really having fun with him. With the kuroyuri loop, 2x hp, and a shield, he's pretty stout. If you have a good dmeta team, you don't need him, but he is very good.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
I don't have him nor the stones to pull for him just wondering how he stacked up to the others.

Having been screwing around with him a lot lately, I agree with Studge. I think Fatalis is popular with two groups: those who struggle/dislike combo leads and those who want something different from combo leads.

I rate him in the same ballpark as Shirou: very good but with a few significant flaws, meaning broadly worse than D.Meta. I have been enjoying him though.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
I made all the hunters just because it's something to do with my MP. I've spent some time with all of them as leads and assists. Ciel Gear is worth making over pretty much all the female options unless you need a farm lead (Glavenus gear would be the choice in this case). Giga Gear is nice if you don't want to work for zeus verse, didn't pull giga, or just like the art (I do).

My thoughts on the hunters
Female
* Glavenus: budget farm lead. requires 8 orbs to activate so not as mindless as Yamamoto/Madoo/Ralg but she's free.
* Narga: solid coop lead for early to midgame, decent button active and generates enough orbs to activate L leads so useful as an assist in niche situations
* Kirin: A fun lead if you whale on MH but if you whaled on MH then you probably have a better lead. The active cooldown is too long to be really useful as an assist too.
* Legiana: Great shield, ok button (slow being the main downside). Fun lead but not too strong.
* Barioth: Useful active for HP conditional leads but otherwise unremarkable. Ok Co-op lead if you want to play rainbow.
* Glyph: Useful active, not a great lead. The low cooldown and inheritability mean it's probably worth making if you button farm.
* Ciel: Not technically an evo but still needs 3 hunters. Great awakenings, solid active, decent stats (especially limit broken). She's an incredible utility sub but the price of admission is high.

Male
* Rathalos: Again good for farming as a utility sub (Balance type, low cooldown row maker with co-op boost and dragon killer)
* Mizu: The base level of co-op leads. If you don't have a better co-op lead mizu works in almost every scenario if you have the subs to fill out the team. Plenty of stronger leads out there but if you need a co-op lead this is your best bet. Sub utility is kind of garbage though compared to the other hunters. Still similar benefits (Balance type, with co-op boost and dragon killer).
* Diablos: burst for very specific teams (Tsubaki/Kiri heavy ones for example). Fun cross lead but nothing Rushana doesn't do better.
* Brachydios: No. Not a good lead, sub, or assist. Plenty of things do what he does better.
* Nergigante: A system of these make a silly strong button team especially in co-op. For non-button uses his active is good for pseudo rainbow leads like Durga, Salter, and SR Haku. As a lead he can dump out a lot of damage but has a high skill threshold to get there. No defensive aspect means probably not a high priority (unless buttoning is your thing).
* Glyph: Useful farming sub. Any double row maker is a valuable asset and he provides unique utility in not just being a top + bottom row. There's better multiplayer leads but he's fun.
* Giga: as a lead See Zeus Verse + 1 combo. As a sub he's very good at Hexazeon farming provided you have VDP covered somewhere. 3x jammer resist can save an inherit on some dungeons. If you still need a card with an Att Absorb counter he's an option too.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
AA2 is just a hot pile of BS. I'm trying to avoid the Kuro loop, but I may have to break down and try it.

Kwhit10

Oct 27, 2017
I finally beat A5 with fatalis kuro loop. Had dark reeche on base veroah for mech Athena. Once I learned the dungeon and where to stall it wasn't too bad. Also 252k hp with 100k heal every turn helps a lot haha. Now to try AA2.

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in kind of a weird spot. I pulled 2 Nergis from MH, a dupe Diablos, and the new fire 7* which doesn't seem that amazing since I already have the 5* blind resist thing. I have an extras of Athena non, Zeus giga, and Veroah so I could trade for Fatalis but Mantastic has a Fatalis run where he has two Nergis a subs for almost constant dark skyfall which looked pretty fun.

Do I buy the spring fest and/or the 7* MH bundle and swing for the fences? He seems pretty fun to play. If I don't then what else am I gonna do with the two Nergis and Diablos? I won't be able to use them as trades in future stuff so I'd rather get something for them.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in kind of a weird spot. I pulled 2 Nergis from MH, a dupe Diablos, and the new fire 7* which doesn't seem that amazing since I already have the 5* blind resist thing. I have an extras of Athena non, Zeus giga, and Veroah so I could trade for Fatalis but Mantastic has a Fatalis run where he has two Nergis a subs for almost constant dark skyfall which looked pretty fun.

Do I buy the spring fest and/or the 7* MH bundle and swing for the fences? He seems pretty fun to play. If I don't then what else am I gonna do with the two Nergis and Diablos? I won't be able to use them as trades in future stuff so I'd rather get something for them.
I pulled 5 (yes 5...) Diablos from all MH runs combined. I traded 3 and 2 dupe amatsu's for Fatalis and so far it's been worth it. Easy to use lead with plenty of stalling potential and effectively immune to almost all dungeon BS (Bad skyfall, roulette, lead swap, and awoken bind are the only vulnerabilities) and I do this without Nergy. If you're OK IAP then the MH bundle is probably your best bet, even with a dupe roll it's one less thing you need to trade and you may roll Fat with the purchased stones. Spring Fest is a bigger ask (it's the $60 bundle right?) again, if you're good spending the money then it's not a terrible deal. Just make sure you're done dumping stones before trading. The Monster Exchange winner is going to be announced soon (tm) based on the recent data DL giving us the black medal.

If you have a Fatalis team and just need the lead it's probably a safe bet to go for it. I'll say it's probably not worth trading if you just want his equip form. I say this as I've been mulling over burning (all dupes) Amastu, Athena Non, Veroah, Reeche (I have 3), and Saline for a dupe to make the equip form.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017

I pulled 5 (yes 5...) Diablos from all MH runs combined. I traded 3 and 2 dupe amatsu's for Fatalis and so far it's been worth it. Easy to use lead with plenty of stalling potential and effectively immune to almost all dungeon BS (Bad skyfall, roulette, lead swap, and awoken bind are the only vulnerabilities) and I do this without Nergy. If you're OK IAP then the MH bundle is probably your best bet, even with a dupe roll it's one less thing you need to trade and you may roll Fat with the purchased stones. Spring Fest is a bigger ask (it's the $60 bundle right?) again, if you're good spending the money then it's not a terrible deal. Just make sure you're done dumping stones before trading. The Monster Exchange winner is going to be announced soon (tm) based on the recent data DL giving us the black medal.

If you have a Fatalis team and just need the lead it's probably a safe bet to go for it. I'll say it's probably not worth trading if you just want his equip form. I say this as I've been mulling over burning (all dupes) Amastu, Athena Non, Veroah, Reeche (I have 3), and Saline for a dupe to make the equip form.

I personally, think he's pretty neat, but I'm not sure he's actively better than most other top tier leads. The five dark L limitation is a real one, in that it both makes you more orb hungry and leaves you less space to make other things happen. His biggest boon is that he is likely the best current team for the Kuro loop and he functions very well with it. On the other hand, I'm not sure I'm beating stuff I couldn't with just D.Meta. That being said, he is a lot of fun, and I have been enjoying trying to combo with an L every turn. I feel like he's probably at his best if you are just looking for a change of pace from combo everything leads.

As far as the dark skyfall question, I'm not sure it is strictly necessary. It also seems like it would be very limiting if you are trying that with the Kuro loop. I've liked Hiei on the team, but he is much less of a commitment than two actives, as you can stall for an assist after the first use of the base active often enough. If you want to try heavy dark skyfall on a somewhat constant loop, you could go keep a Nergi and try something like eschamali, I guess.

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
Decided to pull the trigger on the $30 7* bundle.

FATALIS GET!

EDIT: Ok got coop Fatalis up and running. Here's the team rundown:

Fatalis
DMeta
Planar
Myne (Kuro)
Kuro

Fatalis
NY Yomi
Planar
Myne (Kuro)
Kuro

Other assist were resist equipds, Uruka, Sheen, and the Dark Blades 2 equip with the L.

336,357 HP
Immune to poison, blind, jammer/bomb, tape, cloud
12.5s and 14s move time for the teams

Only a few of the cards are at 110 too and the resist assists that are on color are still level 1 since I just rolled some of them.

EDIT 2: AA2 done first try. Turns out I derped on my orb layouts a while back and posted that Fatalis couldn't do VDP + L + FUA but I was only thinking about putting the VDP in a corner and the L in the opposite corner, which would leave no room for FUA. If the FUA is on the left or right column then you can totally fit all three in, which I had to do twice in a row for AA2 on the boss floors. Once I got to the norn I actually stalled for ~26 turns to get my burst back up since she was only tickling me even without shield and I didn't want to fail at the finish line. Time well spent.

Last edited:

feline fury

Dec 8, 2017
Speaking of Fatalis…I'm debating whether or not to trade for it. I rolled a handful of 7★ trying/failing to get the felyne orb skin.

Amatsu - keeping
Nergigante - keeping as a sub if I'm making a Fatalis team
Diablos - keeping especially if they're buffing her

But I also rolled two squids (which seems lackluster even if I don't have to worry about finding a friend helper). I also have a dupe Madoo and a dupe Non. That's 4/5 and I still have both appreciation medals for the fifth.

As far as meta leads, I have Dmeta, Barb/Jules, Scheat, Madoo, and now Diablos. Not exactly hurting for leads and hopefully Gungho collab will be kind to me.

I have double Kuros, Nergigante, Planar, Eir, Leona, Uruka, Veroah, etc to choose from for Fatalis subs. Worth it to keep up with the Jones's? Doesn't seem like I'd be giving up a lot unless multiple Nons are that valuable to a particular farm build (I also have 3 Brachydios now but I have 4 Vaj base cards if I wanted to inherit the nuke to a high attack card). My biggest hangup is the lack of a Hiei.

Last edited:

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of Fatalis…I'm debating whether or not to trade for it. I rolled a handful of 7★ trying/failing to get the felyne orb skin.
Do you self coop at all? I think this is where Fat shines over DMeta because of his built in move time. I've done DMeta coop and it's ok but Fat was much more fun because of no need to match 7c really fast. Also, a few great DMeta subs only do crazy damage when you're at 50% HP so it's more risky and Fat himself does way more damage than double 7c DMeta because of his massive attack stat, even without a 4th L awake from an equip that would bring him to ~5x bonus. With the 4th L awake it's not even close, one L and some combos will put him in the 10s of millions easy.

He can also Kuro loop and using Kuro loop was like BJ with the loop but better in almost every way. I had the tools to beat everything just like you seem to have already but I'm still very happy I got him. I would have traded for him too if I hadn't rolled him.

So yeah, that's my 2c.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017

Amatsu - keeping
Nergigante - keeping as a sub if I'm making a Fatalis team
Diablos - keeping especially if they're buffing her

But I also rolled two squids (which seems lackluster even if I don't have to worry about finding a friend helper). I also have a dupe Madoo and a dupe Non. That's 4/5 and I still have both appreciation medals for the fifth.

As far as meta leads, I have Dmeta, Barb/Jules, Scheat, Madoo, and now Diablos. Not exactly hurting for leads and hopefully Gungho collab will be kind to me.

I have double Kuros, Nergigante, Planar, Eir, Leona, Uruka, Veroah, etc to choose from for Fatalis subs. Worth it to keep up with the Jones's? Doesn't seem like I'd be giving up a lot unless multiple Nons are that valuable to a particular farm build (I also have 3 Brachydios now but I have 4 Vaj base cards if I wanted to inherit the nuke to a high attack card). My biggest hangup is the lack of a Hiei.
You can spend $10 for the orb skin if you want. There's a guaranteed pull bundle for it.

As Aesnath said, Fatalis isn't much better than the current top meta leads, but he plays different which is a big plus for me. You can make a baller Fat team (I don't use Hiei even though I have him) if you want. I suspect it'll make some content easier than DMeta but high combo shields are a problem (May challenge set exposes that) so a +combo active like Planar goes a long way. I'd say trade if you want a different playstyle but don't use your last anything for it.

I read throw mantastic guide, so I need dark subs or is he rainbow friendly?
Dark subs (or sub attribute) work best since you need to match a dark L to get the most damage also his HP multiplier requires dark type.

feline fury

Dec 8, 2017
Do you self coop at all? I think this is where Fat shines over DMeta because of his built in move time. I've done DMeta coop and it's ok but Fat was much more fun because of no need to match 7c really fast. Also, a few great DMeta subs only do crazy damage when you're at 50% HP so it's more risky and Fat himself does way more damage than double 7c DMeta because of his massive attack stat, even without a 4th L awake from an equip that would bring him to ~5x bonus. With the 4th L awake it's not even close, one L and some combos will put him in the 10s of millions easy.

He can also Kuro loop and using Kuro loop was like BJ with the loop but better in almost every way. I had the tools to beat everything just like you seem to have already but I'm still very happy I got him. I would have traded for him too if I hadn't rolled him.

So yeah, that's my 2c.
Nope, I don't self co-op. My alt account is actually on the fritz - maybe I should email Gungho about it but I heard that can be a pain. Not sure it's worth the hassle for an alt.

It's definitely a different play style and the combination of cheesy tankiness and strong attack for less effort is enticing.

You can spend $10 for the orb skin if you want. There's a guaranteed pull bundle for it.

As Aesnath said, Fatalis isn't much better than the current top meta leads, but he plays different which is a big plus for me. You can make a baller Fat team (I don't use Hiei even though I have him) if you want. I suspect it'll make some content easier than DMeta but high combo shields are a problem (May challenge set exposes that) so a +combo active like Planar goes a long way. I'd say trade if you want a different playstyle but don't use your last anything for it.
I'd be giving up both of my Yama Tsukami but everything I've read and theorypad'd tells me the squid is pretty mediocre. And the lesser rarity cards almost never get meaningful buffs (Mel being the only notable example?).

I'll see if I want to roll a few more times before making my decision. Kinda leaning towards making the trade though.

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
Those are the only main-type killers latents he can take because of his typing and SDRs and main-type killers are pretty much all the matters except for very specific cases. Most people go 3x healer killer or 2x healer kill + 2 SDR if skill delay is a concern.

Between Healer and Machine killers, It depends on what you are running. LKali and LMeta are two major God type bosses that are also Healer type so roots will obliterate them with healer killers. 3x healer killer latents will combine with his 3x god killer awakes to give him a 91.125x multiplier against them BEFORE any leader skill multiplier. I know there also some God/Machine bosses but I can't think of them right now.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Nope, I don't self co-op. My alt account is actually on the fritz - maybe I should email Gungho about it but I heard that can be a pain. Not sure it's worth the hassle for an alt.

It's definitely a different play style and the combination of cheesy tankiness and strong attack for less effort is enticing.

I'd be giving up both of my Yama Tsukami but everything I've read and theorypad'd tells me the squid is pretty mediocre. And the lesser rarity cards almost never get meaningful buffs (Mel being the only notable example?).

I'll see if I want to roll a few more times before making my decision. Kinda leaning towards making the trade though.
Definitely wait until you're done rolling before making the trade. I haven't seen Yama do much and it's playstyle isn't too different from existing leads.

I used the stones earned from the quests and the free dailies to pull MH again and got Nergigante so that's cool. Zinogre is one of three fujin-likes in the game I'm missing which makes him an interesting bit of trade bait. Here's a list that I can think of, if there is some NA collab or REM monster I missed let me know:
Fujin
Uruka (DBDC)
Lugh
Gilgamesh
Akuma (SF)
Hiko (Kenshin)
Leona (KOF)
Qilin
Panera
Borma
Reeche
Reeche-Lite

Missing:
Dark Raizer (not in NA yet but I'd be surprised if we don't get him)
Uesugi Kenshin
Zinogre (MH)