• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
Would love a beach veroah, but I'd have to trade to much. Did buy the I&I deal, and of course when I pulled those stones I got a 2nd one... sill seems worth it for the active and card, dunno if I'll need 2 though.

raiod

Oct 26, 2017
Ok, so this is my current BJ Team:
hKUw52e.jpg

I just beat Alt. Arena 1 with it without any Problem. A.A 2 is next...
It is fully Jammer, Poison, Blind, Cloud, Tape resist. I think my main problem will be Aerith unbind uptime...

GeekyDad

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
USA
Two questions please:

1. I know this isn't specifically the thread, but I figure folks here would likely know. I was wanting to try the 3DS Mario P&Z games. Worthwhile?
2. Regarding specifically this game, I take it it's some type of pay-to-win game, since it's free. Can it be enjoyed without throwing money at it? I love match-3 puzzle games, and would like to have one I can tinker with on my breaks at work.

Thanks

raiod

Oct 26, 2017
Two questions please:

1. I know this isn't specifically the thread, but I figure folks here would likely know. I was wanting to try the 3DS Mario P&Z games. Worthwhile?
2. Regarding specifically this game, I take it it's some type of pay-to-win game, since it's free. Can it be enjoyed without throwing money at it? I love match-3 puzzle games, and would like to have one I can tinker with on my breaks at work.

Thanks
1. I Have the 3DS Game and i have to say it is good but completely different to the current state of the game. But If you don't have any experience with Pad, this may be a plus point for you.
2. It is definitly more F2P friendly then other Gacha games, but don't expect to stay on top of the meta.

GeekyDad

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
USA
1. I Have the 3DS Game and i have to say it is good but completely different to the current state of the game. But If you don't have any experience with Pad, this may be a plus point for you.
2. It is definitly more F2P friendly then other Gacha games, but don't expect to stay on top of the meta.

Thank you. What do you mean by that, though, "stay on top of the meta"?

raiod

Oct 26, 2017
This game has a gacha mechanic with at least one batch of new cards per month. The hardest available Dungeon is very difficult to do without an optimized (and expensive or very lucky) team. But if you start now, you will have a great deal of content ahead of you before you reach this barrier.

GeekyDad

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
USA
This game has a gacha mechanic with at least one batch of new cards per month. The hardest available Dungeon is very difficult to do without an optimized (and expensive or very lucky) team. But if you start now, you will have a great deal of content ahead of you before you reach this barrier.

Ah, okay. Thank you.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
Ah, okay. Thank you.

To add to raoid's comments, there are a ton of older dungeons that don't require endgame leads. My first year and a half was just assembling teams to try and beat older dungeons and I had a great time with it. Although I have certainly spent money on the game, I mostly play on busrides to and from work, so it has been nice for those awkward chunks of time.

Worth noting a lot of discussion here and elsewhere is going to focus on endgame stuff, so, if you are taking it slow, ignore most of that. When people online are gushing over a prize, it is only in relation to the last 3-4 dungeons released. I would also argue that there are a large number of viable leads that aren't at the tippy top of the meta, which means that you are bound to get something worthwhile eventually if you are just a bit careful with your free stones. Moreover, since they added a trading system, you can often get what you want on a long enough timeline without buying stones.

Also, I'd argue that we are a pretty nice thread to ask for help if it comes to that.

Pellaidh

Oct 26, 2017
Two questions please:

Thanks

I actually recently started playing the phone version of PAD again after a several year long break simply because after trying out a bunch of other puzzle RPG games, I've come to the conclusion that nothing else out there even comes close in terms of actual gameplay/puzzle mechanics. Which aren't really anything like a traditional Bejeweled clone, but work much better due to the fact that they actually reward skill much more than just blind luck.

So just from that alone, I'd definitely recommend the game. I haven't tried the 3DS games at all, but I'd imagine they keep the excellent puzzle mechanics but sacrifice a lot of content, advanced mechanics, and team building.

In terms of being pay to win, I've never spent a cent on it and still think that it's easily the best in the genre (of puzzle PRG games).

It is a gacha game, which does mean that the monsters you use to build teams will come out of a random gacha (lootbox). The currency for that comes either from clearing dungeons, regular developer giveaways, or by paying real money. The first two options are free, and while the game isn't as generous as some other gacha games, you still get a lot of free currency just for playing the game. Certainly enough to clear most of the game's content. But you do have to be smart about how you spend it, like only rolling the gacha during special events.

Another thing about the monetization is that PAD has a lot of power creep, so newer monsters are often stronger than the older ones. But weak older monsters also get buffed sometimes to bring them up to the power level of newer ones.

What this means is that constantly having the best team possible is pretty much impossible without spending, because there will always be something better coming out. But it also means that the average power level of monsters has increased to the point where the vast majority of content can be cleared even with teams that are really bad by today's standards. So you're pretty much guaranteed to get something that will be able to get you through almost all of the game just by using the free currency.

Another thing that helps is that the game has much better gacha rates than pretty much everything out there. In most of them, the rarest tier of units has about 1%-3% chance of appearing from the gacha, but in PAD it's mostly closer to I think 20% (with some exceptions). In addition, in most other gacha games anything that isn't the highest rarirty is pretty much always useless, but in PAD lower rarity monsters can still be very useful, or even parts of top meta teams. What this means is that while getting exactly what you want out of the gacha is pretty much impossible, there's a pretty good chance of getting something useful out of it. Compared to other games where you can roll a hundred times and get maybe 1 useful unit.

GeekyDad

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
USA
To add to raoid's comments, there are a ton of older dungeons that don't require endgame leads. My first year and a half was just assembling teams to try and beat older dungeons and I had a great time with it. Although I have certainly spent money on the game, I mostly play on busrides to and from work, so it has been nice for those awkward chunks of time.

Worth noting a lot of discussion here and elsewhere is going to focus on endgame stuff, so, if you are taking it slow, ignore most of that. When people online are gushing over a prize, it is only in relation to the last 3-4 dungeons released. I would also argue that there are a large number of viable leads that aren't at the tippy top of the meta, which means that you are bound to get something worthwhile eventually if you are just a bit careful with your free stones. Moreover, since they added a trading system, you can often get what you want on a long enough timeline without buying stones.

Also, I'd argue that we are a pretty nice thread to ask for help if it comes to that.
I actually recently started playing the phone version of PAD again after a several year long break simply because after trying out a bunch of other puzzle RPG games, I've come to the conclusion that nothing else out there even comes close in terms of actual gameplay/puzzle mechanics. Which aren't really anything like a traditional Bejeweled clone, but work much better due to the fact that they actually reward skill much more than just blind luck.

So just from that alone, I'd definitely recommend the game. I haven't tried the 3DS games at all, but I'd imagine they keep the excellent puzzle mechanics but sacrifice a lot of content, advanced mechanics, and team building.

In terms of being pay to win, I've never spent a cent on it and still think that it's easily the best in the genre (of puzzle PRG games).

It is a gacha game, which does mean that the monsters you use to build teams will come out of a random gacha (lootbox). The currency for that comes either from clearing dungeons, regular developer giveaways, or by paying real money. The first two options are free, and while the game isn't as generous as some other gacha games, you still get a lot of free currency just for playing the game. Certainly enough to clear most of the game's content. But you do have to be smart about how you spend it, like only rolling the gacha during special events.

Another thing about the monetization is that PAD has a lot of power creep, so newer monsters are often stronger than the older ones. But weak older monsters also get buffed sometimes to bring them up to the power level of newer ones.

What this means is that constantly having the best team possible is pretty much impossible without spending, because there will always be something better coming out. But it also means that the average power level of monsters has increased to the point where the vast majority of content can be cleared even with teams that are really bad by today's standards. So you're pretty much guaranteed to get something that will be able to get you through almost all of the game just by using the free currency.

Another thing that helps is that the game has much better gacha rates than pretty much everything out there. In most of them, the rarest tier of units has about 1%-3% chance of appearing from the gacha, but in PAD it's mostly closer to I think 20% (with some exceptions). In addition, in most other gacha games anything that isn't the highest rarirty is pretty much always useless, but in PAD lower rarity monsters can still be very useful, or even parts of top meta teams. What this means is that while getting exactly what you want out of the gacha is pretty much impossible, there's a pretty good chance of getting something useful out of it. Compared to other games where you can roll a hundred times and get maybe 1 useful unit.

Thank you, guys, for those detailed replies! I will definitely give the app a whirl! I know I had tried it many moons ago, but for whatever reason didn't keep it on my phone. And I figure if the Mario one is a paid game, it likely won't even be any issue in terms of difficulty and such associated with micro-transaction games.

feline fury

Dec 8, 2017

Thanks
There are plenty of freebies for non-iap players to gave fun with. I'm closing in on 2000 days played without spending a cent and I have enough meta teams to have a good time. You might not be able to keep up with the whales as far as collection purposes if that's important to you.

Ultimately, the gacha is all RNG anyway.

GeekyDad

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
USA
There are plenty of freebies for non-iap players to gave fun with. I'm closing in on 2000 days played without spending a cent and I have enough meta teams to have a good time. You might not be able to keep up with the whales as far as collection purposes if that's important to you.

Ultimately, the gacha is all RNG anyway.

Thanks!

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
OK, so Eris. I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the stage. I failed once with Ryu (but would have passed it if I'd had a five turn awoken bind clear up) and then beat it with a janky Shirou team, but it was a pain. My understanding of the boss is that she switches out your leader to Revo Minerva, but then will switch to Hera after a few turns--drastically reducing your damage. After some turns with her, she flipped to zeus, which, if timed correctly could get up to a 3x multiplier. Seems like if you get her below half she starts to rotate you through Hestia and friends, which have solid multipliers and damage reduction, but are very tricky to manage with VDP. She also throws up a 75% shield. She will then rotate through damage, blinds, and junk until you get her low enough where she awoken binds you and gives you back your original leader.

I'm just not sure what to bring in. Ryu actually seems like it might have been an OK choice, but it didn't heal quite fast enough after a fashion, which forced me to burn actives early on. I want to see how others are approaching the stage.

Pellaidh

Oct 26, 2017
After coming back to the game from a long (2+ years) break, I have a quick couple of questions about some of the changes.

About the beach event: which difficulty of the PAD island dungeon is the best to farm if I want the Seashells for the swimming ring in the monster exchange? I've been doing the top two since I assumed they'd have the best drop rates, but they just don't seem to be worth it for the amount of stamina they cost since my rank is pretty low.

And is it even worth farming for it? And is throwing a couple of rainbow medals at it worth it in case I can't manage to get enough seashells before the event ends?

Speaking of rainbow medals, I have no idea what the best use for them is even supposed to be. Is it just Trojan Horses or is there anything better to spend them on?

I've also noticed they made the game a lot more user friendly/generous in terms of getting stuff like + points, skill ups, tamas, EXP, and evo mats. But Jewels seem to be the one exception to this, and they're the thing I'm in need of most right now. Is there an easy way of getting them these days? If not, is spending monster points on them worth it? That's what I've been doing, but it feels like a waste, particularly when you need a ton of them.

And finally, I guess I have a present and best friend selection available again, so if anyone wants it let me know. Running dmeta as a leader right now.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
OK, so Eris. I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the stage. I failed once with Ryu (but would have passed it if I'd had a five turn awoken bind clear up) and then beat it with a janky Shirou team, but it was a pain. My understanding of the boss is that she switches out your leader to Revo Minerva, but then will switch to Hera after a few turns--drastically reducing your damage. After some turns with her, she flipped to zeus, which, if timed correctly could get up to a 3x multiplier. Seems like if you get her below half she starts to rotate you through Hestia and friends, which have solid multipliers and damage reduction, but are very tricky to manage with VDP. She also throws up a 75% shield. She will then rotate through damage, blinds, and junk until you get her low enough where she awoken binds you and gives you back your original leader.

I'm just not sure what to bring in. Ryu actually seems like it might have been an OK choice, but it didn't heal quite fast enough after a fashion, which forced me to burn actives early on. I want to see how others are approaching the stage.
I went in with the BJ team I posted earlier and was successful but the boss fight was a drag. Eris changes your lead based on her HP. Awoken Minerva-->Awoken Hera-->Awoken Zeus-->Random Greco 3-->Awoken bind + old leader. I don't know what the HP thresholds are yet. If you come in with a Minerva compatible team you can one shot her (Shirou is really good for this) especially if you bring Hao.

Studge

Oct 25, 2017

I used Scheat/Madoo in coop for hardest difficulty so I could have all the tools to get through F5 but I think it could also work solo with a little luck. Bring a TE buff for F5 and then hope the board has 7c.

Scheat (Weld equip)(TPA SA)
M Baldin (god killer latents)
M Baldin (god killer latents)
Enra (TE buff)
Whaledor (Carat)
Madoo (god killer latents)(Tape resist SA)

On the boss floor use Baldin for more fire orbs if you need them (this will eat lights so you won't get 2x from Minerva's LS but it shouldn't matter) and then Carat and then VDP.

EDIT: I can't remember if Minerva's skill is up when she's swapped in but use her for more fire over Baldin if she is.

Last edited:

raiod

Oct 26, 2017
Just a heads up for all people having trouble with the leader change:
Leader swap skills are possible! I did this in coop with the Red/Green Macha as a sub. You just have to make sure that the team that kills the 5th floor is the one with the Macha as a sub. Then use your cooldowns to set up a board and damage enhance on the other player, skip turn, Switch Macha in and go for the overkill.
I did this with Madoo.

EDIT: I can't remember if Minerva's skill is up when she's swapped in but use her for more fire over Baldin if she is.
Yes, it's up

Edit: Man, is this information really that crappy? I posted it on reddit and got downvoted immediately... :(

Last edited:

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
I ended up just using B&J for everything. She had enough healing and durability to make it work, plus, the last two leaderswaps are reasonably compatible with her, needing match 5, red & blue, plus either dark or light. This allowed me to use Saber's skill to get a VDP together pretty reliably.

We're getting DBDC again? Is it worth...anything? First blush doesn't seem too impressive. I suppose I want to evo no. 6, simply because I can never have enough options for Shirou, but I'm still a ways off from getting the innertube, so that seems like a chore.

Just a heads up for all people having trouble with the leader change:
Leader swap skills are possible! I did this in coop with the Red/Green Macha as a sub. You just have to make sure that the team that kills the 5th floor is the one with the Macha as a sub. Then use your cooldowns to set up a board and damage enhance on the other player, skip turn, Switch Macha in and go for the overkill.
I did this with Madoo.

Yes, it's up

Edit: Man, is this information really that crappy? I posted it on reddit and got downvoted immediately... :(

Reddit is weird. I don't necessarily think it has to do with the quality of information.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
So I was watching Dzy play on Wednesday and Dorothy came up as a lead almost as a joke. Turns out she's legit. I hypered mine and built a team and cleared A5 with it. Working on AA2 between runs of PAD Island now but I think she can beat it. The random active thing hasn't screwed me yet and has helped WAY more than hurt. The "sometimes" shield is completely unreliable and total garbage. It never once saved me in any of my attempts. If you go in assuming that and bring actives to match (Yuna and Al Elric) then you can mitigate the worst of A5. Yog is easier than Cthuga, my win was on Yog after a nice BZela board + Dorothy's 4x spike.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
So much grind. I'm at three rainbow seashells. Going to finish the tube before I move on to the dragon guy.

My free roll was a no. 6...which I'm probably going to keep, since I now need to evo one for the new form. the $2 roll was a nees, who I sold, as she would have been my third. The dungeon roll was a Kiri, who got sold. I don't think I can reasonably justify rolling on this machine.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
DBDC is back with some new cards. Not sure how I feel about them yet or if they're worth the significant trade cost.

Highren looks like the new prize being the best(?) VDP for Beach Veroah and BJ with 4 VDP (1 is a super awakening) in their evolved form. Their active is also really good, a full bind clear, 100% HP restore, and 100% shield all in one. Worth considering if you main BJ and don't have Suou. The red form is a glass cannon lead with a really tight activation requirement. In practice probably not too useful outside of farming.

Rehven is interesting, R/D form has a tough leaderskill to activate but the rewards are huge. No shield and requiring <50% HP means endgame will need a shield active or a different lead pair to manage effectively. D/R form is a different beast altogether. Basically the perfect home for SR Haku still lacks a shield and his awakenings are nice but nothing groundbreaking. His leaderskill is super orb hungry (min 12 orbs) and his active is super niche. That niche happens to be A5 (Mathena into Durga). I keep hearing he's a strong A5 farmer but I haven't seen a team yet.

Mira is basically the Anti-Nees. Monster RCV and ATK but pitiful HP. Her active is nice but nothing too interesting with a shield and minor burst. Useful as an RCV stick for Fatalis and the L's synergize nicely but otherwise I'm not sure why she's a 6*.

Chuan: Worth it for farming opportunities especially if you have normal Veroah. With Eris equips being a thing you can have an absolutely stupid amount of rows now.

Artura: Worth farming for the art alone imo but even without it's a semi farmable way to get rid of unmatchable status (semi because No. 6 definitely isn't farmable but relatively common). As a lead with the right team he's 4/324/1 with only 3 combos. His active helps solve his RCV problem too. As a sub he can fit on meta teams like Shirou and Tifa and works fine on a rainbow team too since his active doesn't wipe any orbs. A really good card. If you have a bunch of No. 6 from rolling this REM it's worth converting one IMO.

EDIT: apparently Rehven is an incredibly easy TA2 farmer.
Team:
Rehven (SB+ Super Awakening) 3x healer killers and <50% atk Equip
Revo Satan
Shishiwakamaru 3x devil killers and Def break active (Ideally something like Sanosuke from Kenshin to get into the damage zone)
SB stick, ideally something to cover Green with Archangel equip from Shaman King (gemstone burst based on <50% awakenings)
<level up slot>
Rehven (SB+ Super Awakening) 3x healer killers and <50% atk Equip

No matter the setup you need to get to the <50% turn one. You can probably get away with a few turns of no Def Break but that should also be ASAP which is why Sanosuke is recommended. The JP vid I saw is here:

Team was
R/D Rehven (SB+ Super Awakening) 3x healer killers and <50% atk Equip
Revo Satan (<50% Super awakening)3x awakening killers and Spirit Ally Eliza Faust Equip
Shishiwakamaru 3x devil killers and Sanosuke from Kenshin
Athena Another (SB Super Awakening) Archangel Equip
<level up slot>
R/D Rehven (SB+ Super Awakening) 3x healer killers and <50% atk Equip

Basically just activate every turn, pop the Def break when it's up and stroll through. Pop the burst on floor 10. I don't have Athena Another so I'm looking into other options. Salter is a nice compromise since she's loaded with <50% awakenings and has a short cooldown active to get in the zone and activate ASAP. I'm hoping that buys me enough time to get a Def break online. That means for me my <level up slot> needs to hold Archangel since I need to pop Salter turn 1. This limits what I can level up safely or forces my level up slot to be a SB stick which is kind of a bummer.

You could skip the SB stick and use Sanosuke straight up and slap Archangel on the level up slot but you might fall short on damage or archangel might not be up in time. I'll try it and see what happens. I still need a bunch of plusses to get the super awakenings anyway.

Last edited:

bjork

Oct 27, 2017
I got Highren on my pull, but I see Ideal is in the trade shop and also in the pool. I really enjoyed using her on my old account, but that was awhile ago. Is she still viable for anything?

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
I got Highren on my pull, but I see Ideal is in the trade shop and also in the pool. I really enjoyed using her on my old account, but that was awhile ago. Is she still viable for anything?
She's still a top 5 light sub in the game. HP and RCV is hugely important for end game stuff and she has both in spades. With tape resist super awakening she covers a lot of ground for light teams that can use her.

That said Highren provides utility no other card does. The active alone fills a bunch of holes and at least one aspect of it will be helpful at any given time. The 4 VDP in the blue form is aces for any blue team (BJ & Beach Veroah especially). I don't know that I would give that up for Ideal.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
My alt pulled highren, seriously considering trading for b&j on that account. I'd have to give up a dupe skuld, fenrir viz, dkali, and ryune. I only use the dupe skuld on her own team which I rarely play. Hmm...

feline fury

Dec 8, 2017
Rolled my third Ideal (don't have any other DBDC 7*) - trade fodder? 5 for 1 is so pricey though especially since I've already did that recently for BVeroah.

I guess I could stack Ideals in a Yuna team or something.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
If I have a B&J, and two Suou (one of each) is it worth it to trade for HIghren?

My rolls in DBDC have been shite, four golds out of the five rolls so far. Three of them were the light sword equip card (my 7, 8 and 9).

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
My alt pulled highren, seriously considering trading for b&j on that account. I'd have to give up a dupe skuld, fenrir viz, dkali, and ryune. I only use the dupe skuld on her own team which I rarely play. Hmm...
If you don't have a VDP option and like BJ seems like a good call.
Rolled my third Ideal (don't have any other DBDC 7*) - trade fodder? 5 for 1 is so pricey though especially since I've already did that recently for BVeroah.

I guess I could stack Ideals in a Yuna team or something.
I know the feeling, I'm sitting on 4 and barely use 1. I'm looking to trade for something but I'm reluctant to throw out three in case she gets a substantial buff in either evo. Yuna + 3x Ideal + color coverage sounds like a goofy but strong team lacking in some vital utility (FUA/VDP/etc)

Looking at the 7*'s I think Highren and maybe Suou is the only thing straight up worth it.

Highren is a giant damage stick or blue teams with insane weight stats that are very RCV heavy which is a boon to a BJ/BVeroah team. If you regularly run either of these than a damage void would also be welcomed to stop something like a Hera Nyx or sadalmalik attack

Rehven is a great TA2 farmer and I've seen some silly A5 vids but the A5 runs require a very specific setup and popping the right actives at the right time while also not getting screwed by healing. His active is really nice in A5 so an argument can be made that if you're big into farming A5 he could be worth it. in the Gung Ho Collab refresh we'll be getting Dark Omega who is the perfect lead for R/D rehven to slide into so if you're planning on running that team he's also worth a look.

Roche is an absurd damage stick and fills a lot of the same space as Rehven as a sub without the same leadership potential (though she's a better sub 9/10 times) or really nice active. If you have Veroah and want to farm TA2 she's easy to recommend though.

Valeria is a luxury SB stick. Most SB heavy builds omit her since most folks don't have her. Great if you pull her but less so if you're looking to trade.

Ideal is still really strong, does crazy damage and can help bump the RCV of any team she fits on, she's just not a specialist anymore and that hurts her overall value.

Suou is still really good and if Highren's active wasn't so good I'd give him the same recommendation about trading. He's really good especially if you need access to his super awakenings to help resist issues (cloud res is really handy). If you need a red or blue VDP and you don't have other options then Suou is more well rounded than Highren so it might be worth it.

Lajoa is not worth it even for the farm builds that use him. The active is really nice but without awakenings like a Zela it's difficult to get excited. Dark has plenty of great VDP options and plenty of great row options so Lajoa doesn't really hit the mark on either. I can't think of any meta dark leads that need the heal either. Like Valeria, nice to pull and will help occasionally (ranking/farming especially) but not so good as to justify a trade.

For me the struggle was between Roche, Highren, and Suou. Looking at all three I think Suou is a better fit for me but even then I'm not sure where i'd use him. There's no dungeon in the game I haven't cleared and he doesn't open up a new playstyle so I think I'm skipping out on trading entirely. I'm going to burn the PAX west stones on this REM though in the hopes I grab Mira or one of the 7*'s I'm missing. I don't need anything from the Gung Ho Collab refresh, and if I did I'm sitting on an absurd amount of trade fodder anyway.

Kwhit10

Oct 27, 2017
Used so my stones and free rolls and got all kulia and other dupes. Used this mornings gift stones for a last pull I told myself and got suou! The o e I was hoping for since I needed a good vdp for my BJ team for farming super snow globes in AA2.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone planning on mucking about with Super Revo Ra? As a light sub he's kind of interesting as an HP stick. Get a SB super awakening on him and you have an 8k HP SB stick with a decent active you can easily inherit over. As a lead he hits plenty hard and has a decent shield to go with his insane HP too. Activation is rough and VDP would require an Aten --> heart+hazard break but you do get the free combo built in for activating. I'd be a lot more excited about him as a lead if the LS scaled with colors from 3-->5.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
I'll probably make him eventually, I'd definitely run Hao on the team if I needed vdp. He seems like he will be a good sub for certain stuff, maybe even some rankings.

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone try Mantastic's Blujin A5 team? I'm having a blast with it, mostly because it's allowed me to finally use my two Zelas. I didn't pick up ZKitty because even though I had great subs for her, the move time was gonna suuuuuuuck.

Enter Blujin, with 4.5s PER LEADER and a newly buffed LS. I have 17s base move time so even if I don't get Titania, I have plenty of time to match any board and it really takes the edge off the spinners from Manticore. Sometimes I have enough time left over to farm the spinner for more combos or to change unneeded colors to better ones for the next floor if I'm already set to kill.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone try Mantastic's Blujin A5 team? I'm having a blast with it, mostly because it's allowed me to finally use my two Zelas. I didn't pick up ZKitty because even though I had great subs for her, the move time was gonna suuuuuuuck.

Enter Blujin, with 4.5s PER LEADER and a newly buffed LS. I have 17s base move time so even if I don't get Titania, I have plenty of time to match any board and it really takes the edge off the spinners from Manticore. Sometimes I have enough time left over to farm the spinner for more combos or to change unneeded colors to better ones for the next floor if I'm already set to kill.
Farming spinners for combos is hilarious. If i had a second zela I'd probably give it a go.

If you like that try squall as a lead. It reinvigorated wife's interest in the game since she has forever move time and crazy damage. You need sbr support and a shield to do most of the new descends but for faffing about its a surprisingly strong lead.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
Bladelaw, you got rehven, how is he? I remember him paired with shishi... is really good for one of the end game dungeons, forget which one. I have shishi... on both accounts, but only Roche on the alt, can't remember if she's needed. Need to look that up.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Bladelaw, you got rehven, how is he? I remember him paired with shishi... is really good for one of the end game dungeons, forget which one. I have shishi... on both accounts, but only Roche on the alt, can't remember if she's needed. Need to look that up.
I've been using Rehven for Training Arena 2 farming. I'm tapped on globes and wanted to get SR Ra up to speed. For that he's been super consistent. Shishiwakamaru as a paring is nice for resolve spawns too. The biggest worry is large preeemptives or the enemy doing a full HP heal on you. The activation is braindead and the damage is bonkers though.

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
Farming spinners for combos is hilarious. If i had a second zela I'd probably give it a go.

If you like that try squall as a lead. It reinvigorated wife's interest in the game since she has forever move time and crazy damage. You need sbr support and a shield to do most of the new descends but for faffing about its a surprisingly strong lead.
Oh wow I hadn't really looked at Squall's new LS. Sounds like a decent coop pairing with Diablos since he can use Plannar to boost HP.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Spent on non-bundle stones for the first time in a long time and pulled Roche making a lot of my trading hemming and hawing worthless. This opens up a few TA2 builds and some farming options for me as well as give Artura an on type FUA. I also got Mira so I'm only missing Suou and Highren but I'm pretty sure I can manage just fine without them. Odds of pulling something new are 4% and I don't like those odds.

I think I should seriously look at AA2. I've been avoiding it because AA1 is such a slog and AA2 has 4 more floors and a truckload more bullshit. But I do have some of the most reliable teams to get the job done so I should suck it up and get it done. I need to start farming it for super globes as FF cleaned me out (I'm a sucker for the IP) and I want to super awaken Rehven and Roche. I'm looking at using either BJ or Tifa x PCloud. I still need to farm medals for DBDC so I can grab a second Chuan too. At least I'm done with Beach.

raiod

Oct 26, 2017
man... I really hate the DBDC collab. The only 7* I have on my main is Ideal. I would kill for a suou or highren. The only 5* i was missing is praline, guess what? Not anymore, 6 straight pralinae!

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
man... I really hate the DBDC collab. The only 7* I have on my main is Ideal. I would kill for a suou or highren. The only 5* i was missing is praline, guess what? Not anymore, 6 straight pralinae!
My alt is having similar luck. 10 rolls no 7*.

My current strategy is to just ignore the collab. Well that and farm the blasted tickets. By the way, I appreciate the Veroah Bladelaw!

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
My current strategy is to just ignore the collab. Well that and farm the blasted tickets. By the way, I appreciate the Veroah Bladelaw!
I'm sorely tempted to convert my second veroah and Saline into hats for more dungeon bonus but I use her to farm TA2 when I don't have a rehven friend up.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
What's the team set up for row veroah? I have yet to attempt ta2, but I have her.
It's pretty whale unfortunately but
Veroah 3x healer killer Revo Satan Assist
Roche 3x Healer Killer CIEL weapon assist (<50% equip works too IME) <50% attack Super Awakening.
Chuan 3x Healer killer Revo Satan assist Row Super Awakening
Shishiwakamaru 3x Devil Killer, <50% equip <50% Super Awakening.
<level slot>
Veroah Zuoh Equip (any dark row equip works)

Satan can be swapped for Nemain weapon
Roche can be swapped for Salter with Devil killers
Shishiwakamaru can be swapped for Revo Archangel Luci with devil killers, <50% Super Awakening, and a <50% Equip

Basically you need 0 RCV, rows, and killers. A Def break is optional with the above, if you need more punch that's the best bang for the buck I've found, put it on Chuan. I like shishi over luci for the lower cooldown active and heart break but luci does great damage too.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I don't have Roche or Salter on my main, have Roche on alt, but only 1 veroah. I was also farming the tickets for the no.6 evo, dunno if I'll have enough time for chuan as well, we'll see.

feline fury

Dec 8, 2017
Does multiple Lucifers suffice if you don't have Roche or Salter? Doubling up on Luci is probably better than doubling up on Chuan, I assume?

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
Phew, fuck c9 lol. I did it fine on my alt with sf Karin, took a few tries. Made r/l valeria on my main with tons of killer subs and latents, I had to try here and there throughout the day due to lack of friend leaders. Got another friend lead tonight and burned 2 stones to complete it...

At least I finished the August challenge though, ugh. And I'll eventually have to turn valeria back due to her other form being so useful and I don't like rainbow leads. Maybe next time I just cave and buy amen.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
FYI sept c9 is dumb in the other direction. A preemptive hit on every floor scaling up to 331000 on the boss floor. Bring shields a plenty and an awoken bind clear and its trivial.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Tried Altura for the ranking dungeon but can't do better than 25%. The Tardis floor I can just pop Shazel but the Awoken bind is really slowing me down.