• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
New dungeon isn't too bad unless you bring the wrong team. Things to look out for: Light, Dark, and Wood color absorb. Bigish preemptive hit on the first floor (dick move if you ask me), Tape across the top and bottom of the board, VDP, and Resolve.

The boss has a mechanic where she awoken and skill binds you. You need to do something (no idea what). Depending on your performance you will either have to deal with double tape (top and bottom row) and a damage void or a 10 turn 75% shield and wood + dark absorb. If you don't have a way to negate those mechanics by the time they expire she'll crush you with a large grav (larger than 100% as it broke through Salter's shield) pretty sure it's a grav anyway. One trick that worked for me was dropping her below resolve on the turn she would have killed me. It looks like whatever she's scripted to do in that instance takes priority over the kill shot.

Yeah, I first tried it with Ed, then played it on 3p and DC'd, beat it again. Ran Ed (Bradley equip)/NY Yomi (board change)/Yusuke (Ilm)/Erika (Horse)/Odindra (Jhoira)/Friend Ed (Horse). Everything is pretty straightforward until the boss. There are a fair amount of absorb spawns and you may end up with an RCV debuff. She does an awoken bind followed by a skill bind for one turn. If you hit her for like 5% damage, you end up with a damage void and ribbons; if you hit her for anything less, 75% shield and dark and wood absorb. I suspect the shield and absorb are easier if you minimize the impact of the absorb colors with your team. Her first turn, she is going to cut your time by a lot and spawn a bunch of bombs. Jammer resist is helpful. But after that, I combo'd a few turns, her resolve is not at half, it seems to be in the first 25% or so, not sure. Then I used Ed and Yusuke, combo'd out for the win.

Kwhit10

Oct 27, 2017
I finished Libertad with Valk ciel, Eir, moogle, isis, Pralinae. Full poison and jammer resists. Defense break on moogle and indra on isis. Chipped down through Libertad 75% shield then hit indra for defense as her shield wore off and finished the job from all the God killers.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
Well, the MH revival seems a bit underwhelming. The new dark 7* is an good-but-orb-hungry lead and an amazing equip, granting an L and two each of poison and jammer resist. Plus, the active makes enough dark for a VDP. The green 7* is a mess both regularly and as an equip, but it has a "+2 combos forever" leaderskill, so it is different; the red 7* has a +1 combo leaderskill, but is fragile and orb hungry, the equip has blind resists so there's that. It is weird, previously, each of the 7*, while not always amazing, were pretty cool. Now, I think there are at least two you want to avoid and the older 7* aren't as impressive.

The 6* aren't bad with the dark one coming in with a full bind and awoken bind recovery plus trash convert (even bombs) on an 8 turn CD, with an equip that grants a healer killer; The light 6* is probably the most viable auto-FUA lead in the game, granting 2x HP and 10x attack for light monsters and combos, and his equip grants a ribbon, really seems worth having. On top of all of that, the light dude seems to be the orb skin guy, meaning you can just pick one up with a bundle.

Zeus and Valk hunters are tradeable and seem interesting too, so that's nice. But likely need some form of ticket farming hell (they seem better than average). New other hunters probably have niches, but don't seem too great. Buffs to older cards are generally laughable, with a particular F-U to blue hunter only getting super awakenings.

It is still probably worth the stones if you didn't roll much earlier, but the top end seems less dramatically good than it used to be. I'm certainly in for the bundles, even though they seem like they might be $15 and $30 when they come over.

feline fury

Dec 8, 2017
Brachydios buffs look sweet. In for more 5* equips and maybe I'll get lucky enough to get one of the 7*s (only got 6*s the last two times)

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
Still stuck on C10. I'm thinking I might just try to cheese it. Seems like there was a strategy around about it. I just end up moving too fast or getting stuck without hearts for too long for madoo to work.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
Beat C10 with Revo hades cheese. Wasn't too bad. Now I'm working on the S rank dungeon, I haven't quite got the kinks worked out.

raiod

Oct 26, 2017
Beat C10 with Revo hades cheese. Wasn't too bad. Now I'm working on the S rank dungeon, I haven't quite got the kinks worked out.
I "cheesed" it with B&J, Kuroyuri, Kuroyuri, B&J, Time extend badge. If you manage to get at least 7c average with 13 secs move time you can all the turns you want.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
Just did it with Shirou/Rin/Shirou (friend). Averaged 7.6c. Sapphire is rather crappy, as she awoken binds you on the second turn. Oddyseus seems like it counts down to an execution, but I never saw it. Things to watch out for: leaderswap, awoken bind, full team bind, and a top row ribbon.

What S-Rank dungeon? Been stuck working pretty much non-stop so I feel like I've missed something.

"Score attack dungeon" came out this morning. S-Rank gets a HREM roll.

raiod

Oct 26, 2017
I just tried this team with an over 7c average and still only got an A.

What else are you doing?
Hm, on my first account i don't know what my average combo count was, but i just did it again on my alt with exactly the same team and finished with 194k points and a combo average of 9.0. Combo count is a huge point factor, 9.0 was almos 130k on its own.

Edit:
And the spoils of S-Ranking are:
Main: No.6... ( already sold 7... not for this time but on all DBDC reruns combined)
Alt: Vigo... TRASH :(

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
6th no. 6 for my S rank. boo. Only had a 6% chance of picking up something new so it's not unexpected. Still saving stones for MH rerun. I'm short a few of the 5* equip forms (seriously still missing Astalos...) and I'll gladly take dupes of almost anything in the machine.

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
I used my standard S-rank team for my 3rd's score attack dungeon.

Ideal
Enra
Reeche

TE badge

Had to take more than one turn on some floors (like 3 or 4 on Carat) and Ideal's delay came in handy for the boss since I didn't one shot.

Got 3rd Vigo :(

Paintman

Oct 25, 2017
I just want Mel to complete my future Dark Zeta team. I used a Game8 template and got Eir, Reincarnated Angel Luci, and B.Cotton on there with Nohime serving as filler. Speaking of Zeta, rerolling super awakenings is such a pain, finally got the pixel on the 5th roll. When's the next +point machine, my points are expiring...

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Yu Yu buffs are up.
I had a dupe Yusuke so I made the new evo to tool around with. As expected, he hits insanely hard but is also incredibly orb hungry. Light Escha is probably a smart choice to keep light skyfall coming or just stack the team with tons of HP and stall when under 1/2 HP. Both options seem viable.

New Hiei looks more practical than the previous iteration (dark prongs are only really super useful on Bolas IMO) but as a result loses his niche. Either way still fun.
I'm not making the new sensui just because I prefer the old one.

The 5* buffs are nice to have. Making Genkai an actually useable sub is nice too. I wish Koenma got a buff to a 5 turn bind/awoken clear but oh well.

Can someone explain why Zeta jumped the meta so hard? I got all the cards for his team at least. Can you get Dark Zeta from the normal one or is he a separate card?

Paintman

Oct 25, 2017
Yu Yu buffs are up.
I had a dupe Yusuke so I made the new evo to tool around with. As expected, he hits insanely hard but is also incredibly orb hungry. Light Escha is probably a smart choice to keep light skyfall coming or just stack the team with tons of HP and stall when under 1/2 HP. Both options seem viable.

New Hiei looks more practical than the previous iteration (dark prongs are only really super useful on Bolas IMO) but as a result loses his niche. Either way still fun.

The 5* buffs are nice to have. Making Genkai an actually useable sub is nice too. I wish Koenma got a buff to a 5 turn bind/awoken clear but oh well.

Can someone explain why Zeta jumped the meta so hard? I got all the cards for his team at least. Can you get Dark Zeta from the normal one or is he a separate card?

Dark Zeta is branched evolution of normal Zeta. Puzzledragonx doesn't have it up by Skyozora does. http://pad.skyozora.com/pets/5210

According to some reddit posts, he's an easier D.Meta without the typing restriction and only needs to match blue and dark to get his full multiplier, making VDP all the more simpler. https://old.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndDragons/comments/b5ignj/zeta_just_became_ss/

Here's a video of Paprika taking on AA2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlRsFl1D6Jc

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Dark Zeta is branched evolution of normal Zeta. Puzzledragonx doesn't have it up by Skyozora does. http://pad.skyozora.com/pets/5210

According to some reddit posts, he's an easier D.Meta without the typing restriction and only needs to match blue and dark to get his full multiplier, making VDP all the more simpler. https://old.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndDragons/comments/b5ignj/zeta_just_became_ss/

Here's a video of Paprika taking on AA2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlRsFl1D6Jc
Ah ok. Interesting that he got bumped to SS. Looking at the stats he's a 4/196/1 with a ~43% shield? Looking at Game8 with the Zeta x4, Mel, and open slot team is pretty funny. Looks good, I'll run him for a bit when we get him to see if he's more fun than Salter.

I'll probably run Zeta, Zeta, Jhoira, Mel, <flex>, Zeta. Going to default to Beach Fujin in the flex slot for now. For equips I'm guessing the usual compliment of BS resistances. Tape resist SA on a Zeta, FUA SA on Mel, Jhoira equip on Jhoira for cloud resist. Then poison/jammer/blind res equips as needed. Looks like Zeta's skill is good for frequent use and having three HP resets, Mel and Jhoira in case of a bad break mean you have outs too. I guess mega blodin can cover VDP if 2 zeta's with VDP SA isn't enough (instead of Blujin as needed).

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
I just want Mel to complete my future Dark Zeta team. I used a Game8 template and got Eir, Reincarnated Angel Luci, and B.Cotton on there with Nohime serving as filler. Speaking of Zeta, rerolling super awakenings is such a pain, finally got the pixel on the 5th roll. When's the next +point machine, my points are expiring...
Yu Yu buffs are up.

Yeah, I'm scratching my head about the meta jump too. Like, I get that it is good, but the need for two orb types while keeping the obnoxious hp threshold makes me wonder why he is higher than D.Meta. I get he has less sub restriction that D.Meta, but needing a particular orb type is a pretty big drawback. Plus, his active and awakenings both seem kind of worse. Is it really just the VDP thing?

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm scratching my head about the meta jump too. Like, I get that it is good, but the need for two orb types while keeping the obnoxious hp threshold makes me wonder why he is higher than D.Meta. I get he has less sub restriction that D.Meta, but needing a particular orb type is a pretty big drawback. Plus, his active and awakenings both seem kind of worse. Is it really just the VDP thing?
The sub flexibility and the VDP thing are pretty huge. 4x HP means you can be under threshold while still having a ton of HP to tank anything you're supposed to tank (like Dmeta). It's easier to pop an active to get your colors (plenty of boards and color convert options exist) and VDP + FUA + activation is waaay easier. I mean I get it. I just don't see it being in a class all its own. Granted I think the hitch is that Game8 rates leads based on "ideal" teams and I'd wager a zeta, zeta, zeta, Mel, Jhoira, zeta team is better than DMeta's ideal team.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
I was farming score ranking dungeon and beat my S rank score by quite a bit with a full BJ team lol. Seems combo score is a huge factor since it only went up to 9.3 from my first S 8.1, and the rarity gave almost nothing this time.

I only got 4 dragon killers, but not a lot to do with stamina right now. Hopefully tomorrow is a bit better, as I lack god killers a bit more than dragon.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
Well, YYH is off to a solid start. Really, I just wanted Hiei, but there were other things that seemed useful as well. Free was trash, but $1 was Jin (who has a non-SA cloud resist). $20 roll was a dupe Yusuke, meaning I can make a demon Yusuke without concern. Then I rolled the acquired stones plus five more, which netted me a Raizen and a Sensui. I think Sensui's new evo is a pretty solid 7x6 lead and Raizen seems to like Ryu, which I occasionally run. So, feels like a win.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
I rolled a bit in YYH in an attempt to grab the new 5*'s and maybe get lucky with any 6*'s I may have missed. I did ok all things considered.
Rolls: 13 (free, $1, $20, $10 rolls included)
Yusuke
Sensui
Kurama
Raizen ($20)
Suzuki ($10)
Chu x2
Kaname
Kazuma
Koenma x2
Shishiwakamaru
Botan

Missed Itsuki but should be ok. The 3 turn no skyfall active would have been a nice bit of utility but like I said I can't complain about my rolls. It looks like I'm not missing too much from the other 6*'s either so I think I'm done rolling here and back to stone saving for MH. The YamaP MH buffs are ok. Nothing ground breaking though Zinogre is super buff, being a rainbow lead might hurt its overall usability. Shame none of the equip evos got buffs but it probably would have made them too OP.

Let me know if anyone wants to play with the new YYH evos since I got dupes of everyone but Hiei (who's current evo I don't use anyway).

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
I pulled a Shishiwakamaru on my alt, the one that has zeta... debating rolling on my main for Shishiwakamaru now, but want to save stones.

Pulled 5 more times before I got Shishiwakamaru on my main, but now I have that pairing. Also got a Mukuro, which I'm not sure is good.

Edit: oops, was supposed to be an edit, not quote. Also, what are you using for the ranking dungeon?

Last edited:

Paintman

Oct 25, 2017
Pulled 5 more times before I got Shishiwakamaru on my main, but now I have that pairing. Also got a Mukuro, which I'm not sure is good.
I do like the full heal and she can be used as a Zeus alternative albeit with a color restriction so that's nice? The shield helps too but I don't think I'd use her as a serious lead, sub is a lot more interesting but I don't have a place for her at this time.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
C10 is a bit of a bitch. Like, it seems doable, but I'm always just a hair off from actually finishing it in one way or another. Still easier than last month.

Also, beat A5 for the first time last night with Ed. It wasn't too bad, but probably more trouble than it was worth.

Scruffy

Oct 28, 2017
I finally got an Eir because I am terrible at puzzling and it took me so many tries to get her. She is worth using the 30 or so piis to skill her since I don't think I can beat her again right? I would use her in a DMeta team so I'm thinking use all those badpys

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
I finally got an Eir because I am terrible at puzzling and it took me so many tries to get her. She is worth using the 30 or so piis to skill her since I don't think I can beat her again right? I would use her in a DMeta team so I'm thinking use all those badpys
Yes. Her dungeon is annoying as hell and even though I had a decent system for beating her in coop by failing the cloud test and bringing resist for an easy kill, I still used piis. 15 rainbow piis was totally worth especially when I have close to 100 on each account.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
Any suggestions about C8? I can get to the boss, but I never do enough damage to threaten it and things start to get bad once it is under resolve.

As Studge said, don't feel bad Pii'ing her up. She's pretty useful on a variety of teams and, what else would you use the pii's on anyway?

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
I'll add to the chorus Eir is definitely worth the pys. She's been a big part of my Dmeta and Salter teams when I need her. Really the long cooldown monsters worth pys (not a complete list):
Hexazeon (dungeon isn't actually that bad but it's long so time saved > pys spent),
Eir (great utility sub for meta teams),
Chuan (farm sub),
Panera (Farmable fujin active)
Zahhak (Farmable double row maker and garbage skyfall clear)

Most of the others are reasonably farmable for skillups.
Any suggestions about C8? I can get to the boss, but I never do enough damage to threaten it and things start to get bad once it is under resolve.

Trying to remember my C8 strat...
I don't remember any problems with Grodin, the Sylvie skillup, or Verche. The light absorb dragon I popped andromeda and combo'ed out. For Despharion I played it safe chipping away till just over resolve leaving water orbs, popped Wukong, would have popped XM if I needed more hearts. box FUA and light/fire combos. It's possible to drop his resolve and kill but you need to be lucky with skyfall I think.

Patience goes a long way, pop heart makers if you need help stalling, don't leave any bombs, etc.

Paintman

Oct 25, 2017
Stream is wrapping up.

17.0 is coming soon, new evolutions and updates coming with it.
Gachadra Fever is coming.
New Fest Exclusive monsters coming, you get to pick one for free through a token.
Super Godfest soon.
6 player resets + special bundles.
100 free stones coming tomorrow, lasts till mid May.
Monster Hunter collab incoming.

EDit: missed this, voting in a GFE to trade for.

Last edited:

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
100 free magic stones confirmed, expected, but still nice. What are you guys going to use your medal on? I'm still not sure, but thinking rex right now.

Edit: yeah that gatchadra fever looks interesting.

Paintman

Oct 25, 2017
100 free magic stones confirmed, expected, but still nice. What are you guys going to use your medal on? I'm still not sure, but thinking rex right now.

Edit: yeah that gatchadra fever looks interesting.

Probably a bad idea but I'm probably gonna use it on Echidna for nostalgia purposes. She saved my hide a ton back when I was first starting out and all those killers do look enticing but status shields do kill the delay factor somewhat. I don't know what I want at this time.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
Probably a bad idea but I'm probably gonna use it on Echidna for nostalgia purposes. She saved my hide a ton back when I was first starting out and all those killers do look enticing but status shields do kill the delay factor somewhat. I don't know what I want at this time.

Me either, they all look good in their own way.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
Spent most of my morning rid farming baby-lits to de-evo ilm.

So...BFs, anyone up for a triangle?

This will be the new GFE SGF and not the one with Gungho collab, right?

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking about too. I already have a zeta (which is, apparently, the better lead), but I'd like a Raizer, if for no other reason than I'd like to use my Zelas. Seems like we are getting MH before that, and I'm going to roll there, just because I want some of the lower rarity guys.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Really good stream. I'm glad they're back. Hopefully we can get them more regularly. I know since Michael and Antonio left it's been pretty quiet from a community management standpoint.

Buffs/Evos are always welcome
100 Stones and the 85 stone bundles are both big gets for me personally since I plan on going HAM on MH.
17.0 is a nice visual upgrade in JP so it'll be nice to see how it looks in NA.
Gachadra Fever is an easy crown if you're ok Grinding.
SGF doesn't do much for me but It has good odds so if you need to fill out your box and don't need anything from MH it's probably the best near term REM to burn stones on (unless you're looking at the GH Collab).
6 Resets is hype.

For the new monsters I've been trying to decide what's worth making, here's what I think.
Greco Roman 3: Better inherits due to stat increases. I'm not sure I'd use them (cronus and uranus maybe?) straight up though. Astrea could be useful as 4 rows isn't bad. Hestia (3 SB is nice) and Thethys much less so.

Mega Dantalion: much better leader and for me, a more useful active. If you relied on the haste of the previous evos then keep him that way.

Mega Ilm: unless you need the super quick bicolor for things like ranking I'd say it's worth making. Double VDP + dragon killer and an active to facilitate it are all great things to have.

Mega Paimon: similar to dantalion if you need the light OE, FUA, and haste active keep him in his current form. If you want a fun cross lead then make him. I won't be. Though if you run Revo Luci as a lead mega paimon might be his best sub. I'm just not a fan of losing OE for the stats and the HP>80% awakenings. As a lead he shits out damage so you know, if you like big numbers...

Mega Typhon: Unless you REAAAAALLY like Anaphon or matching hearts I'd make this form. Pretty much the perfect upgrade IMO.

Gemstone Equips: Personal HP, RCV, and same type resist awakenings are nice to have on cards that were pretty much equips without perks before. Almost certainly worth making unless they have a new evo planned at some future point. Depending on how helpful you think the equip awakenings will be I'd try to keep one in base evo. If it's your only princess just leave her. If you have more than one it's probably worth making.

Valk-Ciel: Super useful equip form (Balance and attacker killer) but the price may be too high. If you have 3 is probably worth converting one. If you have two really think about it. If you have one I definitely wouldn't.

Athena-Non: see above. Double blind resist, a prong, and a truckload of ATK (assuming same color inherit) is tempting but both current forms on Non have strong uses already. Double or better blind is available more readily on Chiyome and Nargacuga and prong assists while more rare are not often game changing. Only do this if you have Non to spare.

Zeus-Giga: 4 rows and bind immunity is insane. I would argue this is the easiest choice to convert depending on the teams you run. Giga as a lead is interchangable with Verse so far and as a sub there's almost always a better option. I'd still be hesitant to convert my ONLY Giga but if I had 2 I'd convert one.

Not going into the various buffs but Hexazeon is now a premier rainbow sub and totally worth skilling up.

Paintman

Oct 25, 2017
Rolled 3 times (chose Sara as freebie). All dupes: Awoken Mori Motonari (might revert), Awoken Nohime (will keep as is), and Madoo. What do I do with a second Madoo though? There's a best friend who always has theirs up and I don't want to make it into the hat form.

On that note, what are good subs for Madoo anyway? I've been winging it with Sonia Another, Fate Sakura, Uriel, and Leilan.

Dr_LawyerCop

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Out of 4 rolls I got Sara and Rex, so I guess I can get all the new ones. Also got my 3rd Reeche so I guess I should make her hat soon.

Kwhit10

Oct 27, 2017
I got all dupes in the 5 pulls. I guess getting my 4th mori is good for the bicolor haste board :/