• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Rolled a bunch, didn't get any of the new GFE's but I did get a lot of good stuff so can't complain. Fujin, Ilm, Kami, Scheat, Dmeta, Veroah, and Ciel for big money GFE's. Got my first Samash and Aife too. the rest were uninteresting dupes except for 2 oichi's and 3 gilgamesh's

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
Well, I made a few more rolls on YYH, got a Hiei, but still don't have the 5* FUA guy, which is disappointing. Probably not worth rolling anymore. Rolled three times on SGF, got a dupe scheat and enkundu, I think I'll save the rest. Would have liked a Paimon, but I can live without.

Dlacsjwh

Oct 25, 2017
Had everything except Gan Ning and one of the dracoblades, pulled for some trade fodder gfes and got rex and then Sara. Well, I guess I'm done rolling this fest.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
FYI floor 6 of Cloud City has Sopdet up first. Save yourself 50 stam and go in prepared.

Yep I died immediately lol. Madoo worked fine when I took b&j off the team and paired with one without god killers. 1 red 3 match, can combo 1 or more times depending on attack and subs, wrecks her. If you can bring that it's pretty easy.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
Completed the athena dungeons. Through a combination of powercreep and increased playerskill, I had very little trouble, only dying once on the no-awoken stage. Stupid dragon with a bunch of def, ended up using a Jize inherit to kill it. Used Ed for the last floor, there was a high def guy there too (as in, 10+ combos with triple 7c subs couldn't break it), but using an Ed damage spike fixed the problem. Too bad they don't create new dungeons like this, I had a good time.

FYI floor 6 of Cloud City has Sopdet up first. Save yourself 50 stam and go in prepared.
Yep I died immediately lol. Madoo worked fine when I took b&j off the team and paired with one without god killers. 1 red 3 match, can combo 1 or more times depending on attack and subs, wrecks her. If you can bring that it's pretty easy.

Yeah, I kind of stumbled into that one. I was running D.Meta though, so I was able to tank hits until I got the two bradley assists up to just shoot her to death. It was satisfying.

Remdra Fever starts tomorrow. I wasn't expecting it so soon.
"
[1st REMDra Fever! Duration]: 4/11 (Thu), 12:00 AM - 4/12 (Fri), 11:59 PM (UTC-8)

[2nd REMDra Fever!-7x6 Board Duration]: 4/13 (Sat), 12:00 AM - 4/14 (Sun), 11:59 PM (UTC-8)"

https://www.puzzleanddragons.us/single-post/2019/04/10/REMDra-Fever-Arrives

OK, so what's the strategy for this thing? I seems like it works very differently from typical PAD.

Paintman

Oct 25, 2017
Completed the athena dungeons. Through a combination of powercreep and increased playerskill, I had very little trouble, only dying once on the no-awoken stage. Stupid dragon with a bunch of def, ended up using a Jize inherit to kill it. Used Ed for the last floor, there was a high def guy there too (as in, 10+ combos with triple 7c subs couldn't break it), but using an Ed damage spike fixed the problem. Too bad they don't create new dungeons like this, I had a good time.

Yeah, I kind of stumbled into that one. I was running D.Meta though, so I was able to tank hits until I got the two bradley assists up to just shoot her to death. It was satisfying.

OK, so what's the strategy for this thing? I seems like it works very differently from typical PAD.

When I saw it being demonstrated on stream, it was 1-2 matches at first then the deeper they got into it, they started doing more combos. Hearts restore time, you only get to use each skill once, and it seemed like to me you want to avoid matching the orb highlighted as long as possible to get a higher score. There's probably going to be a way more accurate guide, this is going off of memory.

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
Just ran the Remdra fever a few times and definitely not crowning this.

1. I suck so my average is like 7 to 8 K.
2. Would take 130ish runs to complete.
3. Cost me about 6 stones.
4. A run takes about 4 minutes so * 130 is 520 min or about 9 hours.
5. You need to pay a lot of attention so its not like I can watch tv while doing this.
6. Not fun at all.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
Just ran the Remdra fever a few times and definitely not crowning this.

1. I suck so my average is like 7 to 8 K.
2. Would take 130ish runs to complete.
3. Cost me about 6 stones.
4. A run takes about 4 minutes so * 130 is 520 min or about 9 hours.
5. You need to pay a lot of attention so its not like I can watch tv while doing this.
6. Not fun at all.

Just tried a few runs. It is weird. I wouldn't say "no fun at all", but it is different and you need to attend to it quite a bit.

Also, how did you lose stones on this? Stamina?

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Pulled my third Zela, worth having one of each or are duped of her more useful than her equip?
I'd have one of each unless you really needed one for or another. The equip form isn't as useful unless you're big on green row farming or could really use an unbindable equip.

Plugging away at the ranking. Probably going to push for 999,999 since I'm almost there anyway (~800k) I've been able to manage stamina pretty well with rank ups so I've only had to burn 2 stones running it so far.

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
I'd have one of each unless you really needed one for or another. The equip form isn't as useful unless you're big on green row farming or could really use an unbindable equip.

Plugging away at the ranking. Probably going to push for 999,999 since I'm almost there anyway (~800k) I've been able to manage stamina pretty well with rank ups so I've only had to burn 2 stones running it so far.
Is there a special reward for max score?

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
Ahh I see. Were you in the top 10% with your score around 800k and just want to push it further and get more drops?

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Ahh I see. Were you in the top 10% with your score around 800k and just want to push it further and get more drops?
Yep. I was in the top 10% at around 400k but I'm not sure where the line was.

presently it looks like score cap covers the top 1.6% (maybe more by now, haven't checked).

Kwhit10

Oct 27, 2017
Last I saw was 10% was around 500k. I'm at 800k now would need one more stone to get to cap but at 3.6% I'll wait until tonight if I feel I need to push more

Paintman

Oct 25, 2017
961k, I'll finish in the morning. This one is a lot more fun and less frustrating to do, didn't like the subs in the first one and it's easier to rack up points here.

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
Just capped my score on my 3rd account. Most runs were between 27k - 37k and one skyfell to 22c and got me 131,551 points so it only took a handful of sessions playing today for like an hour at a time. It's funny, when I was around 980k total I was at 8.8% and the one more run to max it out got me to 0.3%. Are there that many people who stopped one run from the top score?

Not sure I'm going to push much on the other accounts since they already have crowns and plenty of resources.

Paintman

Oct 25, 2017
Just capped my score on my 3rd account. Most runs were between 27k - 37k and one skyfell to 22c and got me 131,551 points so it only took a handful of sessions playing today for like an hour at a time. It's funny, when I was around 980k total I was at 8.8% and the one more run to max it out got me to 0.3%. Are there that many people who stopped one run from the top score?

Not sure I'm going to push much on the other accounts since they already have crowns and plenty of resources.

Apparently after capping out, the percentage you end up in is based off of when your account was created, the more recent the higher. It doesn't really mean much outside of that, anyone who reaches it gets a crown regardless. I'm sitting at 9.1%, account was made on January 2014.

Source: https://old.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndD...chadra_ranking_cutoff_is_now_cap999k/eks6kgu/

raiod

Oct 26, 2017
Apparently after capping out, the percentage you end up in is based off of when your account was created, the more recent the higher. It doesn't really mean much outside of that, anyone who reaches it gets a crown regardless. I'm sitting at 9.1%, account was made on January 2014.

Source: https://old.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndD...chadra_ranking_cutoff_is_now_cap999k/eks6kgu/
I will just leave this here without comment:
MIcceTY.jpg

raiod

Oct 26, 2017
:D
One thing that helped me keeping sane with this rem dragon grind was the tip: Just combo from turn 1 on the 7x6 board. I averaged around 30k points but it was MUCH MUCH faster then setting up the board with 1c matches...

Giard

Oct 27, 2017
Looking for a best friend before the 17.0 update! I have M.Scheat, Valkyrie Ciel and Guile up at pretty much all times.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
I apparently still have my BF from last reset. I'm not looking for any leads in particular but if I can help a triangle I will. I got pretty much any meta lead from the past 4 years and quite a few oddball ones. Current rotation is Dmeta, Shirou, Mega Typhon, and my primary is Saber Alter. My ID's in the friend list google sheet from the first post (can't get to my phone to check it right now).

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
so glad that its not monster hunter this week, went a bit hard on SGFest. but at this rate next week looks good for it.

two questions:
Echidna or Rex? Pulled a Hera naturally. Have really deep Blue, Green and Light. Halfway decent dark ( but no real leads). Red I have madoo and stuff that works well with B&J but I don't think I have a ton else.

I'm hoping NOT for cotton, got a base and two others (D and B).

Looking for some ideas on teams. B&J I have a solid team, but with mega Paimon and recent collab luck I am looking for a Light team and dark team.

Main leads: B&J, Mega Paimon (are they best with a 7x6 or dupe friend?), Reeche

Featured Cards: vraska, M Bison, Veroah, Lajoa, Need (with Nees inherit), L ideal, Halloween Cotton, Erika, Mega Hiei, Madoo, Halloween Verdandi, both Suou cards, Ilmina, G & R Ney, Tardis, L and B Shogun, Mega Roots, Mega Sensui, Sagat, Persona 3 & 4 Main characters, and Two karin Shindou's for whenever her Dark Ult comes around.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Mega Paimon 6x5 is best in dungeons that aren't heavy on combo shields and have high HP targets without a damage void. Use 7x6 pairing to cover those weaknesses if necessary.

For new teams it depends on what dungeons you want to tackle. I know you asked for Light or Dark but I'm a huge fan of Vraska lead. Super tanky, great active, easy to build a team for, etc. Pretty much any green or green/dark (or dark/green if you want) work on the team.

My general purpose Vraska team was: Vraska, Green Ney (VDP SA), Tardis (VDP SA), <flex>, <flex>
My flex slots usually have Fujin(or Panera if I need poison resist) on one and Odin Dragon as the other. Tardis is for countering time debuffs or to hold an extra fujin depending on the dungeon.

For light you could use the p4 PC (Yu Narukami), He was my most consistent A4 clear. Just make sure you have an Odin Dragon like active somewhere and the ability to make light/heart orbs consistently and you can survive pretty much anything. Meta leads make great subs for him (Yusuke, Ed, etc.) but Light Cotton (h cotton probably works too) and Hiko were pretty much always on the team. I'd bring Odin Dragon too until I could inherit Jhoira.

For Dark, Mega Hiei is pretty strong. Nees works to both pump up HP numbers and keep you topped off, Lajoa makes a perfect burst board for VDP, HVerd can fill a lot of roles on the team too.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
For new teams it depends on what dungeons you want to tackle. I know you asked for Light or Dark but I'm a huge fan of Vraska lead. Super tanky, great active, easy to build a team for, etc. Pretty much any green or green/dark (or dark/green if you want) work on the team.
Thank you, I have only ever cleared Arena 1 and 2, and never really delved further in. I am still having issues with Machine Athena and Machine Goemon (though I have not attempted either recently).

I have gotten to the point where I have so many cards that it is unwieldy,

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, looks like I was the only one who didn't grind for the crown. Still, the second round seemed doable, I just had other things going on.

Rolled a few more times on the SGF, as it was my birthday yesterday, ended up with two valk ciel, an extra madoo, and a dupe raijin.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, looks like I was the only one who didn't grind for the crown. Still, the second round seemed doable, I just had other things going on.

Rolled a few more times on the SGF, as it was my birthday yesterday, ended up with two valk ciel, an extra madoo, and a dupe raijin.

No worries, I didn't either. I'm in collect/hoard mode until something new-meta defining is released.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
Upside: farming Ganesha medals is easier than it used to be, plus there are more rewards for doing so. And on a week with not much else to do.

Downside: I feel compelled to farm the stupid medals daily so as not to miss out on stuff I probably won't need. Like, how many machine killers is enough?

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
Upside: farming Ganesha medals is easier than it used to be, plus there are more rewards for doing so. And on a week with not much else to do.

Downside: I feel compelled to farm the stupid medals daily so as not to miss out on stuff I probably won't need. Like, how many machine killers is enough?
I've start caring less about killers since I can MScheat my way through A3 fast and safely. I have around 25 dragon and god killers and more than that for every other killer. I actually traded a dragon killer for an SDR on a whim and have been dumping my medals into SDRs since there isn't a reliable way to get them like A3 for killers. But even then I have close to 100 SDRs so what am I really farming for?

This goes for other resources as well, I'm generally pretty stingy with everything and avoid investing into a card unless I know it's going to pay off. As a result I have 100s of globes, like 100k plus points across my accounts, dozens of killers, plenty of rare evo mats. The only thing that could be considered a need for me is tri-god masks on my 3rd because it only have like 5. My main and 2nd have tons because of age and because I recall GH dumping a bunch on us a while back before my 3rd was made.

I guess I'm starting to imagine a future where the NA servers are shut down and I'm left with a mountain of resources and cards, 90% of which have never been played with. I feel like PAD is just a farming simulator for me now because every day there is new shit to complete for a stone, S-rank, or trade in, and I don't then have the time to also work towards clearing the new arenas.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually at a pretty good place with PAD right now. I stay on top of events. I'm pretty much done "pushing" content. AA2 and to a lesser extent A5 just aren't that fun to run. The occasional new descend, monthly quests, and weekly-ish events are enough to keep me busy though. I'm finding my fun playing with the occasional oddball leads.

My biggest problem is instead of coming up with clever challenges for the arena's all Gung Ho is doing is jacking HP/DMG numbers to the moon and slapping every defensive mechanic on a bunch of monsters. Something like Combo shield + VDP + Resolve + Attribute and/or damage absorb on a field of roulette orbs with 25% mortal poison skyfall isn't my idea of a fun time.

Mini games like Eir and Panera's boss fights are fun (as boss fights, not in the middle of a bunch of other stuff) because they make you think or provide a specific challenge and don't just kill you if you fail once. I do wish they stated how many combos they were looking for in their dialogue but that's minor.

Got trash from my memorial rolls sadly. something like my 5th Napoleon. I hope the legendary heroes get equip forms or mega evos at some point.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
I've start caring less about killers since I can MScheat my way through A3 fast and safely. I have around 25 dragon and god killers and more than that for every other killer. I actually traded a dragon killer for an SDR on a whim and have been dumping my medals into SDRs since there isn't a reliable way to get them like A3 for killers. But even then I have close to 100 SDRs so what am I really farming for?

This goes for other resources as well, I'm generally pretty stingy with everything and avoid investing into a card unless I know it's going to pay off. As a result I have 100s of globes, like 100k plus points across my accounts, dozens of killers, plenty of rare evo mats. The only thing that could be considered a need for me is tri-god masks on my 3rd because it only have like 5. My main and 2nd have tons because of age and because I recall GH dumping a bunch on us a while back before my 3rd was made.

I guess I'm starting to imagine a future where the NA servers are shut down and I'm left with a mountain of resources and cards, 90% of which have never been played with. I feel like PAD is just a farming simulator for me now because every day there is new shit to complete for a stone, S-rank, or trade in, and I don't then have the time to also work towards clearing the new arenas.

I'm actually at a pretty good place with PAD right now. I stay on top of events. I'm pretty much done "pushing" content. AA2 and to a lesser extent A5 just aren't that fun to run. The occasional new descend, monthly quests, and weekly-ish events are enough to keep me busy though. I'm finding my fun playing with the occasional oddball leads.

My biggest problem is instead of coming up with clever challenges for the arena's all Gung Ho is doing is jacking HP/DMG numbers to the moon and slapping every defensive mechanic on a bunch of monsters. Something like Combo shield + VDP + Resolve + Attribute and/or damage absorb on a field of roulette orbs with 25% mortal poison skyfall isn't my idea of a fun time.

Mini games like Eir and Panera's boss fights are fun (as boss fights, not in the middle of a bunch of other stuff) because they make you think or provide a specific challenge and don't just kill you if you fail once. I do wish they stated how many combos they were looking for in their dialogue but that's minor.

Got trash from my memorial rolls sadly. something like my 5th Napoleon. I hope the legendary heroes get equip forms or mega evos at some point.

Yeah, things feel a bit different lately. Just a little while ago, I felt like there were interesting things to do and neat collabs coming up. Lately, things feel...blah? Like I've not needed anything for so long, it is taking the wind out of newer releases. I really miss things like regular one-shots or the multi-leveled dungeons (not re-runs of old ones). I mean, MH seems useful, but not exciting. GH collab clearly has good cards, but most of the machine is junk I already have. The upcoming seasonals are likely bad. We are unlikely to get shaman king, and who knows about re-runs of MTG or FF. Also, nearly every new 7* GFE feels somewhat unnecessary.

I'm still enjoying the game, but things just feel less exciting, which could be a "me" problem.

Paintman

Oct 25, 2017
All my rolls were dupes. 4th Astaroth, 2nd L.Kali, 2nd Cameo, and 2nd Sarasvati from the new bundle. Meh.

raiod

Oct 26, 2017
Look at this beauty... I think i will "shredder" my only Reeche into a hat and give him unbindability and a prong...
But I'm still contemplating on the shredding part, but I think i will not use her any other way than an assist. (Or is there something I'm missing?)

oP4CHsj.png

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
Look at this beauty... I think i will "shredder" my only Reeche into a hat and give him unbindability and a prong...
But I'm still contemplating on the shredding part, but I think i will not use her any other way than an assist. (Or is there something I'm missing?)

oP4CHsj.png

My problem with ditching something like one's only witch is that we don't really know what the upgrade plan is for them. Sure, having an equip evo is sort of a death sentence for a lot of cards, but the witches were the first 7* GFE, so I think it is pretty uncharted territory.

To be fair, I've not used mine much either, but I also have the luxury of having hit the asuna jackpot during SAO, so I have a lot of unbindable equips.

Quantum

Oct 25, 2017
been lurking; but have continued to play - I haven't been spending much as I've pretty much hated every recent change and have totally been confused with the different shield gating.

took me almost two years to get a fujin style active on my main account and when I tried to use it on a boss it was the wrong type of absorb

currently have a killer shirou team and loving it - was considering holding stones for MH but I just like to roll (and got burned).

The recent stream was terribad. I was so confused as one of the two hosts couldn't name certain mobs - seemed totally unprepared.

didn't know about the play history but love it - 2180 cumulative, 01/10/13 start. Think I'm almost back to being under a dollar a day played ^^