• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely wait until you're done rolling before making the trade. I haven't seen Yama do much and it's playstyle isn't too different from existing leads.

I used the stones earned from the quests and the free dailies to pull MH again and got Nergigante so that's cool. Zinogre is one of three fujin-likes in the game I'm missing which makes him an interesting bit of trade bait. Here's a list that I can think of, if there is some NA collab or REM monster I missed let me know:
Fujin
Uruka (DBDC)
Lugh
Gilgamesh
Akuma (SF)
Hiko (Kenshin)
Leona (KOF)
Qilin
Panera
Borma
Reeche
Reeche-Lite

Missing:
Dark Raizer (not in NA yet but I'd be surprised if we don't get him)
Uesugi Kenshin
Zinogre (MH)

After having messed with him a bit, I really like Zinogre. As a sub, he has great stats, lots of TE and OK-ish damage. He also circumvents the Uruka problem with skill-charge. I even have found him to be kind of fun to mess around with Sensui as a lead. I dont' know if he is worth a trade exactly, but I feel like he is one of the stronger options. I really wish I had a second one, as he is also a solid equip.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
Well, cotton won the survey. On the one hand, she's arguably more useful than several of the 7*, especially in dupes. She's also five rainbow cheaper. On the other hand, it means that the black medals are worth 6* rather than 7*. I mean, there was a high likely hood that, unless veroah won, whatever I got was going to be trade fodder. But still, 7* are rather difficult to roll, so that would have been nice either way.

The real upside is all of the boxspace I just got back.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I had exactly enough medals to get 1 cotton. I have a base and a blue maxed, will wait to make the new one until I need her. Still one of the best subs in the game, at least in single player.

I knocked out challenge 9 and 10 blind today with fatalis and kuroyuris. Didn't feel like I could die at all, but whichever one had the 8 combo check was rough. I had to just 8 combo every board I could until it was low enough, relying on Akumas damage. Then use his gravity, board change, and kill, then stall him up again for the boss... definently recommend a combo+ active lol, would of saved me so much time, think it took close to 30 minutes.

And now, for the first time in awhile I have nothing to spend stamina on. It's nice stocking up on jewels and tamadras though. And I will have to address the ranking dungeon this week. But it's weird after having like an unending amount of stuff to do for awhile to this.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
I'm good with the content being a little light. The plus dungeon coming soon means another farm marathon I'm sure as I'm looking to diversify my teams (getting bored with straight combo/rainbow stuff) and having more things hypered means more options.

7* pulls were disappointing. Pandora and Michael on my main and alt accounts.

Mantastic has a solid video up of how to get a decent score in the ranking. I may push for crown on this one since I'm 2 away from the diamond crown (the one I actually want to keep)

Bring tape res, a heal or damage void if you're running Verse, VDP or an active that does 49 or less damage, and physical killers for insurance so you can keep the combo count low.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
7* roll was tachibana. My third, but I decided to keep it, since I like the awoken form. Been working on the May dungeons. C8 was actually kind of fun this time. It still took me a few tries, but I didn't feel like I was running a largely illogical team like I do some of the time. Moreover, you had enough resources to mess up a few things and still pull it out.

Yeah, I had exactly enough medals to get 1 cotton. I have a base and a blue maxed, will wait to make the new one until I need her. Still one of the best subs in the game, at least in single player.

I knocked out challenge 9 and 10 blind today with fatalis and kuroyuris. Didn't feel like I could die at all, but whichever one had the 8 combo check was rough. I had to just 8 combo every board I could until it was low enough, relying on Akumas damage. Then use his gravity, board change, and kill, then stall him up again for the boss... definently recommend a combo+ active lol, would of saved me so much time, think it took close to 30 minutes.

And now, for the first time in awhile I have nothing to spend stamina on. It's nice stocking up on jewels and tamadras though. And I will have to address the ranking dungeon this week. But it's weird after having like an unending amount of stuff to do for awhile to this.

Yeah, I don't really feel bad about cotton. She may end up just being trade fodder for a seasonal or something, but she certainly has her uses on her own. My problem is that I often have other things I'd rather run for FUA at this point, making her seem like a second choice a lot of the time.

C9 was pretty interesting. I decided to roll out Sonia another, mostly due to enjoying having an excuse to do so. Having a board change and a lead that didn't need to match five really helped when I got to Mecha Zeus.

I'm good with the content being a little light. The plus dungeon coming soon means another farm marathon I'm sure as I'm looking to diversify my teams (getting bored with straight combo/rainbow stuff) and having more things hypered means more options.

7* pulls were disappointing. Pandora and Michael on my main and alt accounts.

Mantastic has a solid video up of how to get a decent score in the ranking. I may push for crown on this one since I'm 2 away from the diamond crown (the one I actually want to keep)

Bring tape res, a heal or damage void if you're running Verse, VDP or an active that does 49 or less damage, and physical killers for insurance so you can keep the combo count low.

Do we know anything about the upcoming plus dungeon?

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
7* roll was tachibana. My third, but I decided to keep it, since I like the awoken form. Been working on the May dungeons. C8 was actually kind of fun this time. It still took me a few tries, but I didn't feel like I was running a largely illogical team like I do some of the time. Moreover, you had enough resources to mess up a few things and still pull it out.

Yeah, I don't really feel bad about cotton. She may end up just being trade fodder for a seasonal or something, but she certainly has her uses on her own. My problem is that I often have other things I'd rather run for FUA at this point, making her seem like a second choice a lot of the time.

C9 was pretty interesting. I decided to roll out Sonia another, mostly due to enjoying having an excuse to do so. Having a board change and a lead that didn't need to match five really helped when I got to Mecha Zeus.

Do we know anything about the upcoming plus dungeon?
It's better than Star Den according to the website news article but the + points received will be "random" so it could be anything. I'm going to run it a few times at least in coop due to the stam requirement of the limited version (99) just to get a feel for how much better. If it beats +30 coop or +99 solo I'm probably going all in till i hit 10k + points.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Ok did some testing, the persistent dungeon is worse than +30 on a per stam basis but since it's consistently buttonable it's a decent alternative. I haven't been online during the guerrilla but it would need to be better than the +99 dungeon (or +50 in coop i guess) to be worth my time IMO. Maybe even more given that it's only around for a few hours a day unlike the +99. Either way it's definitely easier to do so if +99 Metatron was too big a hurdle these new dungeons should be a good way to catch up.

EDIT: ran the guerrilla and got 87 and 86+'s so it's better than co-op +30's but worse than Star Treasure Night's Sky (+99) solo. Also considerably easier so there's that.

Last edited:

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
I just have to say, Akuma is such a good sub! Triple 7c, fua, a fujin active, and a gravity if you need it. I'm glad I have a dark team to use him on, hopefully dark gets more good leads.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
I managed my 9th crown so that's nice.
PAD Academy is still a terrible investment of stones. I bought the $20 pack cause I'm a sucker for orb skins and used the stones on SGF (nothing good but my 8th Mori Motonori so that's something). Academy Amaterasu is potentially very useful. Odindra style active with a full board change is really nice if you can use the colors (Ed, Rushana, pretty much any light or green row lead, etc). I'm a fan of the new exchange monster. 5 Academy rainbow medals nets you a really solid equip with resists and a longish active (14) turns that can have some use beyond the equip awakenings. If you didn't get Agidyne, Rathian, King Bradley, or any of the other popular resist equips I'd strongly recommend farming one or two of these up.

I'm basically holding out until the Gung Ho collab refresh. Dark Zeta seems like a real powerhouse and I'm eager to try him out when I can.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh, more medal farming. I ended up liking the 77 arena, just because it took so little planning and the monster xp was solid.

I feel like PAD Academy is maybe the most useless of the seasonals, which is really saying something. Basically none of the 8* are especially useful and all of the lower rarities are a bit lame. Free, $1, and boredom roll ended up with a student loki, who is fairly useless. I also rolled a green Kali a while back, but she seems to have very little real use in light of excellent green subs (Ragdragon in particular). Her leaderskill is woefully awkward and she has no damage awakenings. I guess she has two TE+ now, which is nice, but it is still hard to justify her. I've ended up running her on Sensui, just to have somewhere to run her.

I just don't get why they don't update these seasonals a little more aggressively. Recent revamps of older collabs really added some value (e.g. shinra bansho, hello kitty), even if it wasn't amazing, why let these cool-in-concept machines languish so heavily? Like, it doesn't even need to be meta-breaking, just interesting or at least consistent more consistently useful in a niche manner.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone having worse luck farming medals with Academy? I haven't had a single gold drop so far and the thought of farming up 5 rainbow medals is seeming less appealing by the run.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone having worse luck farming medals with Academy? I haven't had a single gold drop so far and the thought of farming up 5 rainbow medals is seeming less appealing by the run.

Nope, just thinking about how terrible it is this morning. A few silver at times, but mostly bronze. I'm just at the point where I can complete one rainbow token and it has taken forever. Actually had the thought that I might not have enough time to farm the rainbow medals at this rate, espeically if something else interesting comes along.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Nope, just thinking about how terrible it is this morning. A few silver at times, but mostly bronze. I'm just at the point where I can complete one rainbow token and it has taken forever. Actually had the thought that I might not have enough time to farm the rainbow medals at this rate, espeically if something else interesting comes along.
Well at least it's not just me. easy enough to farm with a pixel echinda x red row lead though so it's not the worst farming thing I've done. It's just really stamina intense and dull.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
I've had 1 gold drop so far and I've ran it so many times, and that's with veroah... yeah I'll farm 1 of the equips, but lol at going for 2.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
Had my first gold drop last night. Suggests it is crazy rare. I've been running mythical though, so I may try the 4-or-less difficulty and see if it has better results.

Quantum

Oct 25, 2017
running mytical without seeing a single gold drop for the past 3 days - ran the 30 stamina version and a gold drops.

haven't been able to repeat that so just continue running the mythical version - RNG is RNG

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
Ran the four or less this morning. I feel like silver is a bit more frequent, but no more gold or anything. It does seem like the fairy tale girls drop more often on that difficulty, which is nice, but also actually lessens the medals a bit overall.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
Almost done with the third rainbow medal. Have had three gold medals drop total out of countless runs.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Almost done with the third rainbow medal. Have had three gold medals drop total out of countless runs.
Yeah I'm almost done the grind. Honestly I'll never understand this method of game design. You can't buy rainbow medals and running the same dungeon/activity non-stop (on natural stam at least) for almost 2 weeks isn't fun or engaging gameplay, especially with so many ways around actually playing the dungeon (swipe farming). It's just a stam sink which I guess works for them if they want people to stone for stam but really is anybody actually enjoying the time spent getting the prize? 77 Arena was a great example of something worth the time to run. You needed to play well enough, potentially sacrifice a sub slot for the quick XP making team building part of the exercise, or even just having a worthwhile prize everytime you finished even if you were just trying to 110 some limit broken cards. More like that, less like Academy medals plz (not that Gung Ho JP reads here).

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I'm almost done the grind. Honestly I'll never understand this method of game design. You can't buy rainbow medals and running the same dungeon/activity non-stop (on natural stam at least) for almost 2 weeks isn't fun or engaging gameplay, especially with so many ways around actually playing the dungeon (swipe farming). It's just a stam sink which I guess works for them if they want people to stone for stam but really is anybody actually enjoying the time spent getting the prize? 77 Arena was a great example of something worth the time to run. You needed to play well enough, potentially sacrifice a sub slot for the quick XP making team building part of the exercise, or even just having a worthwhile prize everytime you finished even if you were just trying to 110 some limit broken cards. More like that, less like Academy medals plz (not that Gung Ho JP reads here).

Agreed, I wish they had more arena and/or descended rush type things with moderate difficulty that were worth re-running. I just don't really need more piis or latents at the moment; and the ones that drop snow globes are more trouble than they are worth. I really wish they had things like the alternate colored drops (but like useful) that would make something worth running. I like variable spawns and some challenge, but not everything needs to be AA level or worse.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Agreed, I wish they had more arena and/or descended rush type things with moderate difficulty that were worth re-running. I just don't really need more piis or latents at the moment; and the ones that drop snow globes are more trouble than they are worth. I really wish they had things like the alternate colored drops (but like useful) that would make something worth running. I like variable spawns and some challenge, but not everything needs to be AA level or worse.
I understand powercreep has made the high end dungeons less of an obstacle for nolifers (including myself here...) but yeah, sometimes I just want to run some novel content with a decent prize. Right now it's alternating between farming like crazy (collab rainbow trinkets) or burning stam against AA2/A5. It'd be nice to have something a little different that doesn't devolve into a "kill or die" scenario for every turn.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
Finally got the damn equip. Now I'm working on the SSG and the diamond dragon fruits (though, I don't really need them). Oddly enough, the tri-god mask costs three gold medals, which seems very high for the incredibly low utility of the evo mat. Why does it cost so much?

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got the damn equip. Now I'm working on the SSG and the diamond dragon fruits (though, I don't really need them). Oddly enough, the tri-god mask costs three gold medals, which seems very high for the incredibly low utility of the evo mat. Why does it cost so much?
No clue. I'm sitting on dozens of those. I'm still 4 silver medals away from the equip, hopefully I finish it off tonight. Not going to bother with the other prizes. I have enough that it's not worth the annoyance of farming more rainbow medals.

I hit my 1400 days which is cool. Not sure that there's a machine coming up I want to burn stones on since I have most of the big ticket Gung Ho collab pulls. Is my sense of time off or are we due for that collab soon? I'm still squeezing fun out of Fatalis but I'd like to play with the new toys too.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
No clue. I'm sitting on dozens of those. I'm still 4 silver medals away from the equip, hopefully I finish it off tonight. Not going to bother with the other prizes. I have enough that it's not worth the annoyance of farming more rainbow medals.

I hit my 1400 days which is cool. Not sure that there's a machine coming up I want to burn stones on since I have most of the big ticket Gung Ho collab pulls. Is my sense of time off or are we due for that collab soon? I'm still squeezing fun out of Fatalis but I'd like to play with the new toys too.

Nah, things have felt slow since MH. There is a stream on Thursday, so hopefully we will see something, I would bet GHC, but who knows. It is near the end of the month, so that could work out for a SGF rollout too. The only other things in the pipe that make sense for NA is DMC or maybe Hello Kitty (we are pretty early for that though). We will probably see something about DMC before they announce it here, even if just by a few days (I expect a close to simultaneous release).

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
We all got a bunch of Tri-god masks from some event a while back but for newer accounts you only get 1 a month, from the lvl 10 quest floor usually I think. If you've made some of the very useful cards like Verse, Trojan Horses, and maybe some zeus/athena/valk weapons you might be low on them. That's all I can think of really, the price follows the rarity they've imposed on it, but I agree that once you get over the hurdle of making some of those key cards the mask's value disappears.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
What's with the stat down awakenings?
No clue. Nothing has them yet iirc so the only thing I can think of is some insane cheese with resolve leads keeping you at 1 HP permanently so even multi hit attacks don't kill you. Other than that lower RCV could help conditional HP leads have better control over healing and -ATK could help a nuke scoot under a damage void/absorb (like Brachydios in that one ranking). beyond that I can't think of many other applications.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
I think they will be used as a balancing tool so GungHo can mitigate power creep in new stuff. The example I've read about on reddit is they could now make an equip with 7c or VDP but also 1 or more -HP or - RCV awakes.

That's not a bad idea. I really like things to force me to think if they are worth it rather than just being something dumb to try and roll.

jiggle

Dec 23, 2017
Kazama Raita makes his grand return with fenrir viz lol
His mega dkali looks great though

Dmeta blonia and gronia all got a pretty big buff

The new rockband dragon series look pretty tame to be asking for 10 stones per roll

Last edited:

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
So...shaman king. Used the 50 stones, rolled four 6*, but neither of the ones I wanted. Rolled two of the green/red lady, one light/blue, and one you. The damage void guy and the L dude seem most useful, but not sure if worth trading for.

feline fury

Dec 8, 2017
So...shaman king. Used the 50 stones, rolled four 6*, but neither of the ones I wanted. Rolled two of the green/red lady, one light/blue, and one you. The damage void guy and the L dude seem most useful, but not sure if worth trading for.
50 stones? Is that a freebie or a purchasable bundle?

NVM, I must've missed seeing that mail in my box somehow. Not sure if I want to save for Gungho collab or not.

itwasTuesday

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Well I rolled till I got a dupe this morning.
Got a Yoh on 2nd stones roll.

7qv4E6n.jpg

Marco
Faust 7
Yoh
Joco
Lyserg
Marco

And I guess I have one more from quest.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
I rolled on both accounts until I got a diamond, was about 10-12 rolls on each account. Got the orb skin and most of the golds.

Main got Tao, which I'm not sure which form to make. Base world be a good fatalis sub and could also make me finally try a light Ryu team. In the other hand, the evo form has a unique leaderskill and playstyle that seems pretty fun. Hmmm...

Alt got Yoh who everyone seems to want, seems pretty good, but not sure why all the hype. Will try her out soon.

Edit: threw a test team together for Yoh, Avalon drake, oichi, zela, and vraska. And holy hell zela hits hard with one of the 4 actives that have +2 combo add. Over 200 million easy. I have some good green subs since I have ran vraska and zela teams. Will be a fun lead to play with.

Last edited:

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
My alt has Razier and Zeta so I pulled everything I had, got an Anna and about every gold. The equips seems interesting enough to save for a rainy day.

My main has about 300 stones saved up from just logging in daily the last few months after going broke on Street Fighter. I'm saving for the Gung Ho collab or something else meta shifting.

Still mostly just clearing content with B&J and occasionally D.Meta or Yusuke.

Giard

Oct 27, 2017
Got Tao Ren in about 10 rolls, I'll be stopping there. I bet he's gonna be great for Super Reincarnated Anubis :p

I wanted Yoh at first but I still think Guile is overall better due to higher damage and easier 7c, so I'll stick with him.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Mixed rolling bag. I picked up the 85 stone bundle and rolled Giga as the bonus roll meaning I just need Nyx and Rex to complete my orb skin collection. Burned those stones and the 50 freebies on Shaman King because I wanted access to the big ticket equips. I managed to get everything but Yoh and Anna (the two I wanted most arguably). I got enough to trade for one of them but I'm not sure which. Yoh would be a neat lead to play with but Anna's equip is basically the Tape resist version of Jhoira which has been one of the most useful equips I have.

Then there's the question of which monsters are better in equip form versus base or evo. There's a lot of versatility in this collab and knowing the "undo equip evo" update is on the horizon I'm less skittish about making equips. I do like the rates for medal drops in the collab dungeon at least. Seems way more generous than Academy.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
Mixed rolling bag. I picked up the 85 stone bundle and rolled Giga as the bonus roll meaning I just need Nyx and Rex to complete my orb skin collection. Burned those stones and the 50 freebies on Shaman King because I wanted access to the big ticket equips. I managed to get everything but Yoh and Anna (the two I wanted most arguably). I got enough to trade for one of them but I'm not sure which. Yoh would be a neat lead to play with but Anna's equip is basically the Tape resist version of Jhoira which has been one of the most useful equips I have.

Then there's the question of which monsters are better in equip form versus base or evo. There's a lot of versatility in this collab and knowing the "undo equip evo" update is on the horizon I'm less skittish about making equips. I do like the rates for medal drops in the collab dungeon at least. Seems way more generous than Academy.

See, I sort of rolled around what I wanted too. I understand that Yoh is a viable lead, and a place to run Zela hypothetically, but that playstyle feels clunky with nearly all of the disadvantages of something like Fatalis, and fewer advantages. The Yoh equip is another solid Odysseus style assist, but I have quite a few at this point and I'm unsure if he is really necessary overall. Similarly, Jeanne is just an odd card that neither excels as a lead nor a sub and her equip is rather redundant with the asunas I rolled from SAO. Finally, Anna is a pretty great equip, but I'm not sure I need two of her. This leads me to consider trading at least Jeanne and the dupe Anna towards either Tao Ren (who seems pretty neat for Fatalis) or Hao (who has a unique active that I'm not sure I need, but may not have another opportunity at for a while). I still haven't purchased the $20 bundle and I might, which could change my mind. I don't know. Am I missing something about dupe Anna or Jeanne? Do you think Hao-like actives are going to be necessary in the future?

Also, are the farmable guys kinda skippable this time around?

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Am I missing something about dupe Anna or Jeanne?
Not really. They're newish leaderskills to play with but neither is going to be groundbreaking or door opening if you have meta leads. Jeanne's base active is potentially useful and her equip for grants bind immunity which is a big deal sometimes. I'm keeping mine. Anna's equip form is a must for me. Her base form looks like a great sub for a lead that doesn't exist so it might be a regret later but if you can use something else now then I'd say it's worth it.
Do you think Hao-like actives are going to be necessary in the future?
Probably for farming builds. Grato farming just got way easier IMO with Hao. I'm sure there's other examples of a damage void boss with a high combo shield that Hao could chew through. It's too new to know if this is going to pick up steam but GH has intro'd new actives with a collab first then pushed it on to new cards so I imagine it'll happen eventually.
Also, are the farmable guys kinda skippable this time around?
Maybe? I'm grabbing them just to get them. The Dungeon isn't too bad to farm and the gold drops are a little more frequent than academy, also the quest chain gives you a free rainbow one so it's not too bad of a grind.

The new dungeon kicked my ass on Gaia. I should have brought a def break for her. Even a full Fatalis board didn't scratch her so that was scary.

Kwhit10

Oct 27, 2017
I cannot get a gold to drop farming the shaman king collab.

Pulled a Tao Ren which has an interesting playstyle. Also the 6* with unbindable equip which is my first one of those.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I'm rusty can't get past the second to last floor on that Gleaming Sky dungeon. I tried to grind it out with B&J Kuro loop but she kept getting skill delayed. Tried D.Meta but couldn't do enough burst and FUA damage simultaneously to one shot and then tried Yusuke and same story. What's the start there? Is it really FUA with burst damage after popping a Fujin?

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
I'm rusty can't get past the second to last floor on that Gleaming Sky dungeon. I tried to grind it out with B&J Kuro loop but she kept getting skill delayed. Tried D.Meta but couldn't do enough burst and FUA damage simultaneously to one shot and then tried Yusuke and same story. What's the start there? Is it really FUA with burst damage after popping a Fujin?
So you'll fight either Eschamali or Scheat. Both have resolve. Scheat has Damage Absorb and Escha has Light and Dark absorb (30 turns). To beat Scheat burst hard with FUA and Fujin and you're home free, you can squeak under her absorb but sopdet skyfall will happen (so many times....) So even if you chip her down then nuke her with a fujin that's preferable than taking your shot and not getting the kill. With Escha you have a couple options, either stall her out which requires Shirou like HP/RCV (or a shield and RCV etc) and a truck load of SDR, bring a Att Absorb void active like the Greco roman 3's, or bring a team that cant do damage on a light/dark match.

What worked for me:
Shirou (King Bradley equip)
Red Cotton (Jhoira Card)
Napoleon (FMA Al Equip)
No. 6 (Gilgamesh)
Ilmina (Hestia)
Shirou (Shirou Sword)

FUA, Poison, and if you can swing it, blind resist are all huge. Jammers exist but aren't much of a problem. No 6 was my answer to Gaia and Escha (and a bunch of other spawns but those were the most consistent trouble makers). Save Jhoira's active for Kaguya-hime, save Hestia's active for Escha, save Gilgamesh for Scheat. Shirou and Napoleon can be used as needed to burst or stall respectively. Bring the RCV badge if you don't need the TE as it really helps stall on Scheat if you fuck up (she debuffs RCV). Honestly only Scheat, Escha, Kaguya, and Gaia are the problem spawns. Everything else is pretty easy.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
So you'll fight either Eschamali or Scheat. Both have resolve. Scheat has Damage Absorb and Escha has Light and Dark absorb (30 turns). To beat Scheat burst hard with FUA and Fujin and you're home free, you can squeak under her absorb but sopdet skyfall will happen (so many times....) So even if you chip her down then nuke her with a fujin that's preferable than taking your shot and not getting the kill. With Escha you have a couple options, either stall her out which requires Shirou like HP/RCV (or a shield and RCV etc) and a truck load of SDR, bring a Att Absorb void active like the Greco roman 3's, or bring a team that cant do damage on a light/dark match.

What worked for me:
Shirou (King Bradley equip)
Red Cotton (Jhoira Card)
Napoleon (FMA Al Equip)
No. 6 (Gilgamesh)
Ilmina (Hestia)
Shirou (Shirou Sword)

FUA, Poison, and if you can swing it, blind resist are all huge. Jammers exist but aren't much of a problem. No 6 was my answer to Gaia and Escha (and a bunch of other spawns but those were the most consistent trouble makers). Save Jhoira's active for Kaguya-hime, save Hestia's active for Escha, save Gilgamesh for Scheat. Shirou and Napoleon can be used as needed to burst or stall respectively. Bring the RCV badge if you don't need the TE as it really helps stall on Scheat if you fuck up (she debuffs RCV). Honestly only Scheat, Escha, Kaguya, and Gaia are the problem spawns. Everything else is pretty easy.

Yeah I make it to the second to last floor every time, it's an easy dungeon, just struggled with that burst FUA.

But turns out I always got Scheat through probably 6 runs, weird luck. My B&J with Kuro loop should work fine against Escha. I do have poison resist so that board changer isn't a problem and with the full board blind I usually just pop a board changer and clear it out. I'm guessing the second to last floor is actually the final fight? I could bring No.6 along with Gilga inherited in case I get Scheat.

Thanks for the info!

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017

So, I think you can just chew her down to below her resolve, then burst. She may do a small awoken bind at some point, I forget. You also may get Eschamali, who is a bit easier with resolve and light/dark absorb. I used Shirou, but it took several tries, so I've not got the strategy locked down yet or anything.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really need the snow globes and I should be spending stam on Shaman King farming medals but this dungeon is fun. The right mix of "long enough" and "hard enough" to be an interesting challenge without being a stall fest like AA/AA2. I'm only a little bummed about the bosses requiring a way to negate their mechanic. Scheat can be danced with and killed normally so she's not as bad though skyfall sucks. Escha is basically a fuck you to light or dark teams unless you can cancel her att absorb. If you can't AND you can survive, you're stalling 30 turns which blows.

Reeche is actually a really strong sub choice for this dungeon. Rainbow board means she'll make orbs for almost any team, her skill is a counter to both Scheat and Escha, and she hits reasonably hard. If you can fit Reeche on your team she's almost certainly worth a spot.

Kwhit10

Oct 27, 2017
I've been using fatalis with full hazard resists and a dark reeche for final floor. I can one shot Eschamali with the color absorb void from reeche and no burst. For scheat I chip down then use reeche active for final kill.

Fatalis/kuro loop/planar/dark reeche

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
I yolo rolled and got Jeanne, rolled again because and got Hao, 3rd try was a dupe gold so I stopped.

Now I'm not sure to keep them or trade for Yoh... if I had a zela on my main I probably would. But without her I just don't know. Probably best to just keep them.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't give up Hao. The active is unique and potentially very useful in opening VDP doors to more teams.

Yoh is cool. Not sure it's worth the trade bait though especially if you don't have Zela. Zela kitty would be grear if she was in NA though..