• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kwhit10

Oct 27, 2017
I also rolled a yoh on my alt that coincidentally is my only account with a zela so excited to play around with that a bit.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
I've been using fatalis with full hazard resists and a dark reeche for final floor. I can one shot Eschamali with the color absorb void from reeche and no burst. For scheat I chip down then use reeche active for final kill.

Fatalis/kuro loop/planar/dark reeche

Thanks for that, I don't have dark Reeche, but have blue. Threw her on my b&j team in place of enra and that worked fine.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
Well, GH collab is back and I probably should have saved stones. I still want a Raizer, as he feels slightly underrated. I have a Zeta, but won't be able to make anything close to the ideal team, so I'm not sold on it being too impressive overall. Oh well, nothing was proabably much better than what I already have and at least shaman king is new stuff.

I don't really need the snow globes and I should be spending stam on Shaman King farming medals but this dungeon is fun. The right mix of "long enough" and "hard enough" to be an interesting challenge without being a stall fest like AA/AA2. I'm only a little bummed about the bosses requiring a way to negate their mechanic. Scheat can be danced with and killed normally so she's not as bad though skyfall sucks. Escha is basically a fuck you to light or dark teams unless you can cancel her att absorb. If you can't AND you can survive, you're stalling 30 turns which blows.

Reeche is actually a really strong sub choice for this dungeon. Rainbow board means she'll make orbs for almost any team, her skill is a counter to both Scheat and Escha, and she hits reasonably hard. If you can fit Reeche on your team she's almost certainly worth a spot.

Yeah, I'm having a pretty good time with it as well. Unfortunately, it levels me really fast, meaning that, as I get more consistent with it, I'm having to run it less.

I've been using fatalis with full hazard resists and a dark reeche for final floor. I can one shot Eschamali with the color absorb void from reeche and no burst. For scheat I chip down then use reeche active for final kill.

Fatalis/kuro loop/planar/dark reeche

Reeche is a great idea. Only have the blue though and don't like my blue teams enough. Saw that GH collab evos went up today, so I thought "now will be a great time to try dark zeta using the reeche" but they didn't put up the equip exchange yet, so that isn't happening today.

Been doing pretty well with Shirou--I bring a gilgamesh inherit for Scheat and usually plan to just work her down below the resolve (not too hard since most of my damage is red). For Escha, I pop KOF Ryo active (fire and hearts) and then cotton, for no skyfalls. Still kind of a tricky dungeon.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Not being able to trade for the GungHo characters is a bit of a bummer. Have Raizer and Zeta on my alt but my main has neither. I have plenty of stones on my main, so I'll try for them a bit. My alt has Karin too lol, just realized that.

What is the ideal Zeta team besides all himself (have a dupe on my alt)?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Not being able to trade for the GungHo characters is a bit of a bummer. Have Raizer and Zeta on my alt but my main has neither. I have plenty of stones on my main, so I'll try for them a bit. My alt has Karin too lol, just realized that.

What is the ideal Zeta team besides all himself (have a dupe on my alt)?
As you said all Zeta with a Mel and a Jhoira is probably the "best". Failing that it depends on how much TE you're comfortable having since you need to make some choices to cover health management since that's one of the biggest perks to multiple Zetas. Game8 has a couple ideas I'll list.
Game8 said:
Zeta
BCotton
Shishiwakamaru
Dark Athena
Eir
Zeta
Using the standard compliment of resist equips.

I've been using Zeta, Zeta, Jhoira, Mel, <Flex>, Zeta.
Flex is usually Uruka, Blujin, Blonia, Mega Blodin, etc. Playing around with the team 3 HP resets are fine for use so you may want to swap my dupe Zeta for Shishiwakamaru. Not much in the awakening dept. but his stats are ok and double devil killer puts in work in A5. The 5 turn cooldown on his HP reset while also clearing hazards is pretty solid too. Mel's my FUA, Jhoira is my safety button, you could use Ren from p5 or Anna from Shaman King inherited on someone instead if you don't want the healing aspect.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
As you said all Zeta with a Mel and a Jhoira is probably the "best". Failing that it depends on how much TE you're comfortable having since you need to make some choices to cover health management since that's one of the biggest perks to multiple Zetas. Game8 has a couple ideas I'll list.

Using the standard compliment of resist equips.

I've been using Zeta, Zeta, Jhoira, Mel, <Flex>, Zeta.
Flex is usually Uruka, Blujin, Blonia, Mega Blodin, etc. Playing around with the team 3 HP resets are fine for use so you may want to swap my dupe Zeta for Shishiwakamaru. Not much in the awakening dept. but his stats are ok and double devil killer puts in work in A5. The 5 turn cooldown on his HP reset while also clearing hazards is pretty solid too. Mel's my FUA, Jhoira is my safety button, you could use Ren from p5 or Anna from Shaman King inherited on someone instead if you don't want the healing aspect.

Thanks! I do have Mel with FUA SA so I could run Zeta, Zeta, Mel, flex, flex (Anna) Zeta. I'm lacking on time but don't have any great TE sticks of the blue variety, we'll have to see what I can drum up. I gave him a test run last night, without the second Zeta since I need to de-equip him and I was definitely struggling to hit 7-c consistently and you can definitely get orb trolled with blue/dark.

Pulled 12 times on the Godfest:
Noir
Haku, Perseus, Takeru, Joker (x2), Shust, Tsukuyomi
Reeche (dupe)
Gronia (dupe)
Zeta!!!!!!!!!!
Raizer!!!!!

I kinda want to try for another Zeta but I can run co-op now with my alt which is nice. First time since B&J they've had a top tier lead together. But no SA hurts his VDP.

I can pull 13 more times for a chance at a Zeta dupe. Worth it or just save the stones?

Edit, I kept going:
Hera Luna
Echidna Sara
Noir
Madoo!!
Rex (lol this is great I accidentally trashed my free token and just pulled all 3 of them)
Thor (x2), Mercury (x2), Loki, Wukong,
Zeta!!!!!!
Andromeda

RIDICULOUS haul for ~260 stones. 6 GFE and 5 7* Collabs was about a 50% win rate there.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks! I do have Mel with FUA SA so I could run Zeta, Zeta, Mel, flex, flex (Anna) Zeta. I'm lacking on time but don't have any great TE sticks of the blue variety, we'll have to see what I can drum up. I gave him a test run last night, without the second Zeta since I need to de-equip him and I was definitely struggling to hit 7-c consistently.
The nice thing is, unless you're dealing with a combo shield you kind of don't need to hit 7c. Some cases sure you'll need the extra damage but you'll be ok most of the time. If you need more TE the badge plus some equips grant TE (Konohana equip is a "free" +1 sec)

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
So I bought the $20 pack for Shaman King. Ended up with a third Anna, which presents me with a choice. I feel like trading off the single Jeanne and two Annas plus two 6* GFE for one of the missing people isn't a bad idea.

Should I trade for Hao? He has a particularly unique skill, with the only other monster with something similar as a 7* GFE in JP. I genuinely don't know how necessary it will be, but I am worried I may regret not picking up the skill when I have the option. Trade would be Annax2, Jeanne, Scheat dupe, Kami dupe

Should I trade for Tao Ren? I'm playing quite a bit of Fatalis lately and his low CD skill and L-unlocks means he could be run instead (or in addition to) H. Myne as a Kuro holder. Moreover, being a non-green 1CD active skill is pretty neat and I have a Ryu team that would appreciate it. Trade would be Annax2, Jeanne, Scheat dupe, and Raijin dupe.

I feel like I tend to save 6* GFE in case something really essential comes up, but having 3/5 of one of the remaining things leads to me consider making the trade. I get that I may be undervaluing Jeanne, but light is packed with crazy subs and she doesn't seem too great overall.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure what to tell you, I was gonna trade hao and some others for yoh, but I don't have zela on my main, so I decided to not. Utility is utility I guess.

But, my dumb ass didn't even think about Tao ren as a holder for a kuro on my fatalis team... doing that now.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Dark Karin is such a fun team to play. I have three of her so one in each type (eventually). Anyone else running her?

Utter fail on the shaman king. Got 6 Faust, 1 of the light/blue 6* and a couple other 5*. In 10 pulls.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure what to tell you, I was gonna trade hao and some others for yoh, but I don't have zela on my main, so I decided to not. Utility is utility I guess.

But, my dumb ass didn't even think about Tao ren as a holder for a kuro on my fatalis team... doing that now.

Yeah, seems Tao seems like fun on Fatalis. My experience with Rin on Shirou has convinced me that low CD subs are great for adapting teams to dungeons, and Tao just seems like a natural fit on Fatalis.

I've been trying Yoh, with Zela mind you, and I don't particularly care for it. You move very slowly and need either an active or some serious skyfall to get to 7c most of the time. Well, I'm sure that others can do it on natural boards, but I suck at it. I really don't see what the fuss is about.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Well nothing like a giant content dump to reignite my interest. Tons of new leads, June Quests, and continued Shaman King farming (kinda want a bunch of Silva for funsies).

DZeta lives up to the hype. He has two major weaknesses that are easily managed, RCV can be a problem which given the HP dependant leaderskill seems by design. Mel fixes that for the most part but if you run into a heal or die situation even her insane recovery won't save you unless you have 8 hearts to work with. As a result poison orbs and especially poison skyfall are things you need to bring a counter for if it's in the dungeon (Hinomitsuha, Green Numen, Linthia, etc).

The other thing is health management. Dungeons you need his active up first turn mean you need 8SB on the team. Not an impossible task but it adds another wrinkle to team building. You can sub in a number of faster skills (revo Izanagi for example) on a short cooldown like Revo Isis as a panic button but the burst is largely wasted. This is the reason he's his own best sub. 8 turns for more than 1/2 a tricolor board (and often just gives you a tricolor with a better distribution) is awesome and with 4 of that active available you can pop it pretty much as needed. 3 works fine in my experience too.

The team I'm running is DZeta, DZeta, 7c Reeche, Jhoira, Mel, DZeta with all the normal resists. I wish I had Sagat equips to float around but I'm making due with Bradley, the Academy equip, Agidyne, Paolumu, and Narga equips with a Jhoira card for cloud res. I'm vulnerable to tape and I swap in a fenrir active on Mel to counter skyfall when I know it's coming.

Dark Karin is similarly nuts. No shield is her biggest problem but is managed pretty handily. Her leaderskill is almost impossible to not proc, her RCV is nuts, she has no TE issues, relevant killers, no crazy combo requirements combined with VDP + FUA. She really feels like she was custom built for A5. Depending on your needs her subpool might be tough but the light attribute can be a sub attribute (Ideally dark main if you go off main color). Board changes like Light Ney, Apocalypse, Sheena, and DMeta all work, along with any light or dark main boards.

Light Ney, Light Cotton, Yu Narukami (P4 MC), Hexazeon, Hcotton, etc all work. Just sort your box by light color and whatever utility you need (FUA, VDP, resists, etc) and build from there. I'm partial to higher HP subs (even Amatsu works) but you could basically build a Yusuke team and replace him with DKarin and get better results IMO. Really her big drawback is combo counts but we have a lot of answers for that these days (Shirou, Khepri, Morrigu, Planar, Kirin Huntress, etc) and that's only an issue on spawns like Oichi, Anubis, Grato and the like. The five match clause also lends itself to L-attack cards or heart cross leader pairings for a shield so there's some subs you could pull in if you want to go that way. So yeah, great crop of buffs and plenty to play around with.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
So I bought the Kuro system to use with my Fatalis. What latents do I throw on them, just SBR?
I actually went a different way and inherited them on Halloween Myne since she has built in resists and you don't have to worry about the inherit "coming up" as that's kind of the whole point. Her 110 stats are really strong (1022 weighted) and the 7c Super Awakening helps keep her damage up. You lose the "full" loop since there's 1 or 2 turns the heal isn't active but in practice I haven't needed to keep the loop up indefinitely. With two Myne it's possible to be immune to everything (Blind, bombs, jammer, poison, tape, and cloud) short of skyfall BS (myne covers Roulette by locking darks) but obviously skilling up two is a pain in the ass.

For either Kuro or Myne, SDR is a solid choice given how vital the loop can be for stalling especially if you're expecting a big skill delay (Heph dragon level for example) on top of an inherit. I can't think of any killers or stat bumps that would be more meaningful especially as Fatalis subs since you should have the shield up to block 100% gravs.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
So I bought the Kuro system to use with my Fatalis. What latents do I throw on them, just SBR?

I like six SBR on the either the Kuro or the holder. Then you can inherit a resist assist over if you have enough CD headroom. But, see Blade's comment below.

I actually went a different way and inherited them on Halloween Myne since she has built in resists and you don't have to worry about the inherit "coming up" as that's kind of the whole point. Her 110 stats are really strong (1022 weighted) and the 7c Super Awakening helps keep her damage up. You lose the "full" loop since there's 1 or 2 turns the heal isn't active but in practice I haven't needed to keep the loop up indefinitely. With two Myne it's possible to be immune to everything (Blind, bombs, jammer, poison, tape, and cloud) short of skyfall BS (myne covers Roulette by locking darks) but obviously skilling up two is a pain in the ass.

For either Kuro or Myne, SDR is a solid choice given how vital the loop can be for stalling especially if you're expecting a big skill delay (Heph dragon level for example) on top of an inherit. I can't think of any killers or stat bumps that would be more meaningful especially as Fatalis subs since you should have the shield up to block 100% gravs.

I'm running Myne (Kuro) and Kuro and have had an easy time getting full resist block. It also keeps the loop intact due to the haste on the AS.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
So I played around with Dark Karin just fiddling with subs and assists and I think I have a solid general purpose team.
Card (Super Awakening)/Inherit

Dark Karin (VDP)/Trojan Horse
Light Ideal (Tape)/Al Elric Weapon
Light Cotton (7c)/Hiko
Ciel Gear Hunter(Unbindable)/Jhoira Card
Xmas Ilmina(Unbindable)/Academy Equip <--should be trojan horse for stats and better active insurance I just didn't want to burn more medals
Dark Karin (VDP)/Trojan Horse

With everybody at 110 and on color equips hypered I'm sitting at 107k HP and it takes 2x3 heal orbs and a five match to fully heal from 1 HP. The bunch of healers on the team combined with the absolutely insane RCV of Ideal and Ilmina and DK's Leaderskill mean you can probably heal through some stupid mortal poison boards. Ilmina provides 2 ways to get a VDP board either using Cotton to clear red orbs or Valk to clear hearts so the chances of getting completely screwed by ilmina's board change are very low. You'd need to get something dumb like 3 lights, 3-5 fire, and the rest heals to get completely boned.

It's immune to poison, blind, cloud, and tape. Jammers and bombs are a potential problem with only 20% resist. I'm really happy with the team and I think it should be able to get through anything.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
So I ran that DKarin team through the challenge set and she ace'd the whole thing. Honestly I'm having trouble remembering what was in the dungeon. Her ability to stall and power through RCV debuffs like a champ really came in handy and her easy activation means the 4 second stipulation didn't really matter much. I'd recommend brining a +combo active and/or a delay as insurance since the wood mech dragon will end you if you let its combo shield run out. Popping Karin and matching dark will wipe out the dark mech beast with the light absorb. The boss goes down with a VDP + burst. I was surprised how smooth it went.

If anyone is looking to research it check pad.protic

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
Went ahead and traded for Hao, since I'm not buying any more stones and am unlikely to have enough non-IAP stones to make any more rolls. I'm a little sad, as it is more of a fear-based trade, since this could be a new fujin-like active in that some content is much more difficult without it, and I don't know when the next time they would make it available for trade would be.

Additionally, thinking about upcoming potential trades, is zela-kitty going to be worth it? I know that she is rated rather highly on the JP sites, but that 144x attack multiplier seems really low. I'm still dying to run the two zelas I have (I didn't like Yoh), but I didn't roll raizer. I noticed that some of the lists pair zkitty with dark raizer, which seems to be something like 2+/196/2 25%, which might work, but I'm unsure if it is really a good idea. Also, as always, I doubt such a team is particularly stronger than some combination of Fatalis/Shirou/Ed/Dmeta, so it isn't exactly likely to unlock a significant amount of content.

I hope they reveal DMC soon, I need to make plans!

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
I have three stinking Zelas and failed on Raizer and Yoh (don't even have enough to trade to GET yoh if I wanted him).

My Dark karin team (haven't really done assists yet)
DKarin
P4 Protag
L Ideal
Halloween Cotton (L/D!)
R Ilmina

I have other options though (like making a L/L Cotton, Valkyrie -Ciel, Hunter V-Ciel, and two more Karin I could turn dark/equip)

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like hello kitty is coming sooner than I expected. I'm interested in Zela Kitty, as I'm sure everyone is, but the rest of the collab seems very poor. I guess Oden gudetama is an OK-ish card, especially if you want a dungeon awakening on a somewhat competent card. The monster exchange is one of those five trade things, so that sucks a bit. Moreover, I guess I've not been rolling the SGFs much lately, it'll be harder to use just dupes. Assuming I buy the $20 bundle (which I was going to do anyway), I still need to find four. I could go Gremory, Cotton, Fujin, Raijin and stick to all dupes, but I find it very hard to trade off additional cottons and/or fujins (although, to be fair, I'm starting to get a good number of alt-fujin). So, I could also consider my only Typhon (who's mega I have never found a use for), Fenrir Viz (new mega is interesting, but not something I'm likely to use much, even as a light trigger, constant jammer skyfall is a bit of a debuff for Ryu), or even blue odin (admirable blue VDP, but Saber feels like she outclasses him most of the time).

Or I could just not trade for it. I mean, I'm not convinced it'll be more useful than other teams I already have.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
Yolo rolled one more time on shaman king and got a 2nd Tao ren. He's so good as a base for my 2nd kuro on fatalis and for farming 1 dark orb every turn can be really handy, that I considered putting kuro on a second one, but the tape resist and poison resists she carries, so no I guess.

Could now trade for yoh just to have him, and only non dupe would be gremory, thinking... will sleep on it.

jiggle

Dec 23, 2017
Went ahead and traded for Hao, since I'm not buying any more stones and am unlikely to have enough non-IAP stones to make any more rolls. I'm a little sad, as it is more of a fear-based trade, since this could be a new fujin-like active in that some content is much more difficult without it, and I don't know when the next time they would make it available for trade would be.

Additionally, thinking about upcoming potential trades, is zela-kitty going to be worth it? I know that she is rated rather highly on the JP sites, but that 144x attack multiplier seems really low. I'm still dying to run the two zelas I have (I didn't like Yoh), but I didn't roll raizer. I noticed that some of the lists pair zkitty with dark raizer, which seems to be something like 2+/196/2 25%, which might work, but I'm unsure if it is really a good idea. Also, as always, I doubt such a team is particularly stronger than some combination of Fatalis/Shirou/Ed/Dmeta, so it isn't exactly likely to unlock a significant amount of content.

I hope they reveal DMC soon, I need to make plans!
Damage is the last thing to worry about when you have zelas and yoh
She and zela(and gcotton) dish out obscene amount of damages
Especially with yoh or typhon equips
There's even a new system running with mega viz fenrir and two rex knights as subs, that will give you unlimited wood orbs and safe guards from all hazards
With vdp being the new meta, non of those other 4 leads can do it as good as kitty

Her lack of time extend really sucks though lol

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
Damage is the last thing to worry about when you have zelas and yoh
She and zela(and gcotton) dish out obscene amount of damages
Especially with yoh or typhon equips
There's even a new system running with mega viz fenrir and two rex knights as subs, that will give you unlimited wood orbs and safe guards from all hazards
With vdp being the new meta, non of those other 4 leads can do it as good as kitty

Her lack of time extend really sucks though lol

Bought the $20 pack and rolled a couple of times and got another 6*. Made it a pretty painless trade overall, as it was all dupes. The TE thing is a real issue and I'm going to need to figure out a way of mitigating it. Currently, I'm trying Zela/Zela/Romia/G.Kali. With the TE+ badge or some time assists I can probably get to 12 seconds, which is my comfort zone. The healing is OK on the team as both Romia and G.Kali have 1k+ RCV. Still, they are probably not the best options overall. So far, it does seem like the damage is very good on Zela VDP boards and the combined +4 combos is pretty neat. It should be fun to mess with if nothing else. Probably going to end up making a Yoh equip, especially since the revert-equip thing will come around eventually.

One question I have is how she fares in AA2 without a shield of any type? Just 4x HP seems to be a major issue for some of the spawns.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Bought the $20 pack and rolled a couple of times and got another 6*. Made it a pretty painless trade overall, as it was all dupes. The TE thing is a real issue and I'm going to need to figure out a way of mitigating it. Currently, I'm trying Zela/Zela/Romia/G.Kali. With the TE+ badge or some time assists I can probably get to 12 seconds, which is my comfort zone. The healing is OK on the team as both Romia and G.Kali have 1k+ RCV. Still, they are probably not the best options overall. So far, it does seem like the damage is very good on Zela VDP boards and the combined +4 combos is pretty neat. It should be fun to mess with if nothing else. Probably going to end up making a Yoh equip, especially since the revert-equip thing will come around eventually.

One question I have is how she fares in AA2 without a shield of any type? Just 4x HP seems to be a major issue for some of the spawns.
Hera Nyx is the only real threat I can think of that presents a shielding problem (grav plus attack because fuck you) and she's in A5 not AA2. Goemon does a truckload of preemptive damage (~162,444 according to Game8 )and with some teambuilding you can actually bump your HP over that amount or use the Fire Resist+ latents to bridge the gap which is also useful for Tsubaki's preemptive (153,616). Diara and Hera are the only other notable preemptive hits and they should be lower than your HP in any case. Typhon card's Team HP equip goes a long way at 4x for example. Nees or Takeda Shingen as a sub would also probably bump HP enough.

I've been playing with a couple possible team comps for Zela kitty (took 8 rolls but whatever, I didn't have anything from the collabs first run so it was all new to me).
The fixed cards are Zela and GCotton. Of the other two slots one is a holder for an Odin Dragon-like full awoken bind clear, and the other is a flex since I don't have a second Zela. I can pretty reliably full combo a board on 10 seconds so as long as I can TE my way there I'm good. Currently using Odin Dragon (Jhoira Card) and Nees (Tape SA) to fill the last two slots and using inherits to block poison and blind with a small amount of jammer resist. I'm debating swapping in a jammer skyfall active to counter Byuto's poison skyfall as that shit keeps killing me.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
Hera Nyx is the only real threat I can think of that presents a shielding problem (grav plus attack because fuck you) and she's in A5 not AA2. Goemon does a truckload of preemptive damage (~162,444 according to Game8 )and with some teambuilding you can actually bump your HP over that amount or use the Fire Resist+ latents to bridge the gap which is also useful for Tsubaki's preemptive (153,616). Diara and Hera are the only other notable preemptive hits and they should be lower than your HP in any case. Typhon card's Team HP equip goes a long way at 4x for example. Nees or Takeda Shingen as a sub would also probably bump HP enough.

I've been playing with a couple possible team comps for Zela kitty (took 8 rolls but whatever, I didn't have anything from the collabs first run so it was all new to me).
The fixed cards are Zela and GCotton. Of the other two slots one is a holder for an Odin Dragon-like full awoken bind clear, and the other is a flex since I don't have a second Zela. I can pretty reliably full combo a board on 10 seconds so as long as I can TE my way there I'm good. Currently using Odin Dragon (Jhoira Card) and Nees (Tape SA) to fill the last two slots and using inherits to block poison and blind with a small amount of jammer resist. I'm debating swapping in a jammer skyfall active to counter Byuto's poison skyfall as that shit keeps killing me.

The thing I always struggle with on AA2 is that blue dragon with the damage absorb for 10 turns (Saladmek or something). Not all of his attacks are grav+hit, but if you are trying to stall his absorb down (or a fujin up), its a real risk with no shield.

I kind of liked the idea of running with Dark Raizer for that reason, but I think you end up losing too much effective HP in the process.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
The thing I always struggle with on AA2 is that blue dragon with the damage absorb for 10 turns (Saladmek or something). Not all of his attacks are grav+hit, but if you are trying to stall his absorb down (or a fujin up), its a real risk with no shield.

I kind of liked the idea of running with Dark Raizer for that reason, but I think you end up losing too much effective HP in the process.
You could bring a fujin (I carry one on Cotton). Or a shield. I need to find a list of all the full awoken bind clears I'm sure there's one in NA with a shield.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Super Revo Bastet is coming. Here's the parts list:
Revo Bastet
-Rainbow Event Medal Gem
-Scheherazade Gem
-Green Jewel
-Diamond Dragon Fruit
-Ancient Tri-God Mask

Scheherazade needs
-Elia Gem
-Serket Gem
-Valkyrie Gem
-Moby Dick Gem
-Diamond Dragon Fruit

Small chance Annihilation drops the gem instead of Scheherazade but don't count on it.

Here's a dungeon guide: PADx
Big things: Resolve, Blind, Anubis (10c shield), Preemptive leader bind.

The boss has resolve, ten turns of bad stuff, an absolute truckload of HP (590 million) and a 60 million damage void. Hao active would put in serious work here I think. Failing that a balance killing VDP after chipping her down a bit seems like the right call. Looks like she doesn't do anything scary once you drop her resolve.

I'd say she's worth it especially if you have a Tardis. If you're missing out on all the wood lead love right now she'll get you up and running real nice. 4x HP and 196x ATK is nothing to sneeze at. RCV issues can pop up so fixed heal actives can shine if you're ok sacrificing some resistances

4x Poison resist with paired leads mean you can focus on the other resists when determining inherits. I've got a couple team ideas floating around.
SR Bastet (Nicol Bolas Equip) 7c SA
Tardis (Yoh Equip) VDP SA
Odin Dragon (Jhoira Card)
Zela (Shirou Sword) VDP SA
Mega Green Sonia(she gets a third 7c soon tm) VDP SA (Seregios Equip)
SR Bastet (Shirou Sword) Bind Immune SA

This makes you immune to everything except roulette and skyfall debuffs and with Zela and Mega Sonia you should be dumping damage pretty handily. The bolas equip is an insurance policy for Preemptive BS and the Shirou equip is for complex VDP boards and resists. You could drop the bolas equip and swap to the bind immune SA and have a more flexible inherit base too depending on the box and dungeon.

Last edited:

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Is gcotton really required for Zela kitty team?

I currently have
Zela Kitty
Zela (1)
Zela (2)
ADK Rex
GNey (flex)

I have a third unevolved Zela, Odindra, Vraska, ragDra, mega Gremory, Halloween Verdandi, and a Nees

I have an extra cotton to devolve and re-evolve as gcotton, just don't know if I need to

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017

I currently have
Zela Kitty
Zela (1)
Zela (2)
ADK Rex
GNey (flex)

I have a third unevolved Zela, Odindra, Vraska, ragDra, mega Gremory, Halloween Verdandi, and a Nees

I have an extra cotton to devolve and re-evolve as gcotton, just don't know if I need to

I think only required things for zkitty are the two zela. However, you may find yourself a little low on time and RCV with your proposed build. There are a lot of ways to mitigate either problem, so you are probably good.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017

I currently have
Zela Kitty
Zela (1)
Zela (2)
ADK Rex
GNey (flex)

She's not required at all, she's just what I have available. Your team on paper is insanely strong. She's my not quite second Zela substitute. You'd want to find room for a fujin and an awoken bind clear somewhere depending on the dungeon (gNey's isn't enough in my experience) but other than that you're good if you can manage with the move time.

GNey is probably the most replaceable (as you noted) so if you need more HP Nees would work. Rag's if you need to annihilate God/dragons, the third zela if you needed extra VDP punch (almost certainly overkill). It's a free slot so put in what you need.

Iride

Oct 28, 2017
Took a pseudo-break, only logging in to clear free dungeons and roll in relevant REMs, but have more free time now. I did have a Raizer from the first time the Gungho Collab came, so I evolved him to his dark form and lead with him. Even with Romia on the team, it's a little tough getting used to his lack of in-built TE after running Vraska for so long.

I rolled a bit in the Sanrio collab; got Zela Kitty from the 6/7* magic stone bundle, which is nice. I might roll some more since I'm missing Pochacco from the 5*s and I still don't have many lasers in my box.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Traded for Zela Kitty with only having one Zela. She's still pretty strong, time is an issue for me as always. Not sure why I did the trade since I have Zeta, Raizer, and Karin on that account, but hey why not. Traded 3 Ryunes and 2 Gremory.

I'm still struggling with Zeta, just not as quick as I used to be at the game and it shows. I'm even struggling to get back into D.Meta on my alt.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
I think only required things for zkitty are the two zela. However, you may find yourself a little low on time and RCV with your proposed build. There are a lot of ways to mitigate either problem, so you are probably good.
She's not required at all, she's just what I have available. Your team on paper is insanely strong. She's my not quite second Zela substitute. You'd want to find room for a fujin and an awoken bind clear somewhere depending on the dungeon (gNey's isn't enough in my experience) but other than that you're good if you can manage with the move time.

GNey is probably the most replaceable (as you noted) so if you need more HP Nees would work. Rag's if you need to annihilate God/dragons, the third zela if you needed extra VDP punch (almost certainly overkill). It's a free slot so put in what you need.
Thanks for the tips! I'm thinking I might evo the third Zela to her hat.

Rathian evo Equip and the only thing I'm not 100% immune to is darkness.

But you are right i am short on time, 7 seconds with the 2 seconds extend badge. Need some time latents.

And a fujin. Still my white whale card after all these years

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
Can't decide whether Mega Awoken D Kail is good or bad.

Positives.

1. Lots of Available subs
2. Good passive buff on leader skill (2x to all stats).

Negative
1. Her full Leader activation is extremely hard.
2. She needs to partner up with a 7x6 for any high end content because her leader skill is too hard to activate without it and impossible you want to VDP.

She seems kinda meh. Her amazing stat buff isn't that amazing when you have to partner with a 7x6 leader. Her damage will be much lower since you need 6 orbs type. Her best partner seems to be Academy Uruka.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Can't decide whether Mega Awoken D Kail is good or bad.

Positives.

1. Lots of Available subs
2. Good passive buff on leader skill (2x to all stats).

Negative
1. Her full Leader activation is extremely hard.
2. She needs to partner up with a 7x6 for any high end content because her leader skill is too hard to activate without it and impossible you want to VDP.

She seems kinda meh. Her amazing stat buff isn't that amazing when you have to partner with a 7x6 leader. Her damage will be much lower since you need 6 orbs type. Her best partner seems to be Academy Uruka.
Feeling the same way. I played around with her a bit and really any content that has obnoxious orb changers are going to be a problem. You need a reliable way to generate boards consistently. Aten is a great sub (maybe best?) with a short cooldown rainbow board with a TE boost. Hao is basically a required inherit for any VDP on 6x5. As a sub I think she shines much better. 3-4 SB (with SA) or +1sec of TE with SA on a shortish cooldown rainbow +extra on a triple 7c sub is nuts. I'd say if you have her use her as a sub. She's similar to Ideal in that any team you can slot her on is going to be much stronger. Dmeta for example would be a great home for her.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah she's a better sub, I agree. If I was going to pair with a 7x6, I'd rather just use akuma.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
Re: D. Kali Mega:

I think, as a lead, she just has too many things against her. Needing six orb types leads to inconsistency (which, can be stalled through with her stats), but, more importantly, she will really struggle with VDP. Normally, when you want to VDP on rainbow, you can usually orb change from one color or hearts. With her, you basically need something that just creates some dark orbs and hope that it won't break activation when you need to use it. 7x6 does mitigate this, but probably not enough for the majority of content. Furthermore, the god-type restriction actually does limit her from some otherwise useful monsters, like Ragdra, Sensui, Azathoth, S. Ford, Hao, etc.

The only thing I like for her over, say akuma, is that her lower CD active skill makes her a bit more fun as a 7x6 leaderswap option. Not enough to matter, mind you, but still.

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
Really hope there's some backlash in Japan and they change her leader skill to 5 and 4 or change the 5 orb multiplier to something decent like 5x. (which would still only become a 10x multiplier)

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
I'm frustrated and starting to wonder if Sonia gran reverse actually drops in ultimate descended rush... I've spent at least 1k stamina farming it and like 6 Sonia grans, not 1 reverse.

Want to make green cotton for the yoh team build, but this is frustrating.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
It's been a fun week, messing around with stuff.

I decided I don't like Zkitty as much as everyone else seems to. While the damage on zela board turns is impressive, it still feels a bit anemic elsewhere. I've also struggled to make an AA2 team that covers all the bases, usually needing to drop one or more protections to make it work. I get why she is good, but I'm just struggling to make it work in a way that feels worth the effort over shirou or fatalis.

Speaking of Fatalis, I finally beat AA2 using my Fatalis team. I think I've actually decided that I prefer Myne(kuro)/Kuro (Alfonse equip)/Nergigante (Saigat equp)/Eir (Gore Magala equip) to one using Hiei and Ren. While I can hit 7c reasonably easily (thus getting good damage from from Hiei and Ren) and I really like Hiei's active, I suspect I actually do better damage more consistently with the constant enhanced dark orbs. Plus, my stats are better and Eir gives me the option to heal a bit even when the auto-heals are wiped. On top of all of that, having two actives that generate hearts is pretty great. I think losing Hiei's VDP could matter, but in function, this is not a team where I often hit 7c on a VDP turn, so I don't know that he contributes too much. Another note: life is much easier if both you and your partner choose the skill boost on Fatalis SA, as you can get the cloud resist on Myne and AA2 can actually kill you on the early floors if you are waiting for your loop to come up.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
new ranking dungeon incoming fixed ideal leads.
JP wisdom is as follows:
Bring a fujin like
cloud resist
FUA
SB to get fujin like up by floor 4

Bonus points for inherits like Maeda Keiji (or baditz maru) combined with skills like Sakura or base akuma from SF collab for free skyfall and skill charges.
If you can squeeze a guard break awakening in there for more bonus points it might be worth it. I see physical killer inherits on the top teams too but not sure why as I don't remember the dungeon.

The goal is 17% or less for maximum rewards (free black medal so 5 rainbow event medals)

EDIT:
I managed a 1.3% (151,900ish score) with the following team and strat:
Nargacuga (base akuma), Valeria (baditz), Revo AD Lucifer (baditz, cloud resist SA), G/x Fujin (physical killer inherit + physical killer Latents)

Floor 1: combo out pray for Guard Break
Floor 2: if I had 5 hearts FUA + rainbow else Akuma + Baditz and pray
Floor 3: combo out pray for Guard Break
Floor 4: Fujin + baditz if my avg combo was at 10 or better else combo out
Floor 5: FC the board she gives you.

If your avg combo is ~10 and the clock is around 177-180sec you should have a good score.

Last edited:

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
Also, a new training arena. Seems pretty good with 3 million monster xp and 150 pluses for each clear. It doesn't seem too bad on my first run through, but I played it pretty safe. It'll be interesting to see what the worst team I can clear it with is.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Also, a new training arena. Seems pretty good with 3 million monster xp and 150 pluses for each clear. It doesn't seem too bad on my first run through, but I played it pretty safe. It'll be interesting to see what the worst team I can clear it with is.
I'm trying to build a mindless swipe team. I saw one earlier that required Gung Ho collab Artemis but I never pulled her (somehow...). I'm ALWAYS short on plusses so I plan on spamming the hell out of this. Monster XP is nice (especially for SR Bastet) but I'm not hurting on globes.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
Just a heads up for people who don't reddit, there is a 3p machine dungeon set, clearing gives quite a few plusses.

Kind of amazing how much powercreep has nerfed said dungeons.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
So the Ideal Tournament was closed and the scores reset. I'm kinda pissed about it since I had a really good score and it would have been the diamond crown.

The reason given
GungHo NA said:
In The Ideal Tournament and the future Ranking Dungeons, skills such as "Orb Refresh" that refresh the board will affect the final score differently.

In Ranking Dungeons, activating a skill such as "Orb Refresh" that refreshes the board will count as a turn, regardless of the Orbs being matched or the enemies being defeated. This may affect your Average Combo score in Ranking Dungeons.

They said compensation will be given but no details on what that will entail.

I need to pair with my alt to run the machine gauntlet. That's a shitload of plusses just sitting there.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
so I know the arenas are the top grind for endgame.

But how do I know which Arena I am playing in? I see AA, AA2, AA5 but I am not entirely sure I know which is which. Are those the "Alt Arena"? also I have a Super ultimate colosseum, should I be attempting that?

for the record, I have not done Super colosseum or any alt Arena. I am up to hand of fate on the original Arena.

Teams are the previously posted Zkitty, DKarin, and tried and true B&J team.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
So the Ideal Tournament was closed and the scores reset. I'm kinda pissed about it since I had a really good score and it would have been the diamond crown.

The reason given

They said compensation will be given but no details on what that will entail.

I need to pair with my alt to run the machine gauntlet. That's a shitload of plusses just sitting there.

Yeah, it seems odd to punish people who got a good score. Like, if they just reset the time and refunded spent stones, people who were opperating under a false impression would have another shot, without hurting those who already did well.

so I know the arenas are the top grind for endgame.

But how do I know which Arena I am playing in? I see AA, AA2, AA5 but I am not entirely sure I know which is which. Are those the "Alt Arena"? also I have a Super ultimate colosseum, should I be attempting that?

for the record, I have not done Super colosseum or any alt Arena. I am up to hand of fate on the original Arena.

Teams are the previously posted Zkitty, DKarin, and tried and true B&J team.

The original arenas (Bipolar goddess et. al) are numbered A1-A5. A3 and A4 are about the same difficulty, A5 is a current end game dungeon. AA and AA2 refer to Alt. Arena (Alt. Bipolar goddess is AA and Alt. three hands of fate is AA2). I'd argue AA is considerably harder than A3-A4, probably easier than A5, and easier than AA2. AA2 is another current endgame dungeon, probably a bit harder than A5.

Colosseum is an older dungeon, ballpark around A3-ish difficulty.

As far as what you "should" be playing, really up to you. Each of the above dungeons has a bit of learning curve and requires different assists, usually taking a few tries to get through initially. Zkitty is probably strong enough for all of them, with the right set up (watch out for gravity+hit on A5 and AA2 though), but they are still challenging regardless. B&J and DKarin can probably tackle up to AA and A4, I'd bet. Colosseum is probably doable with any of them, but you may need certain assists/subs.