• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly the streams where things go wrong are the most fun. BAP locked it down for the Dorothy run though.

Went in with Fatalis--forgot I needed to pass an 8c check with a vdp, but I got there eventually. Probably going to try zkitty for future runs.

I used fatalis as well, added a sagat equip for the boss. Took a few tries to make the right board, but it worked well.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
Final Fantasy buffs are live in JP.

Giant list too long to run down. Basically everything got buffed

Kinda too much info to process. A bit sad that I've always rolled a bit poorly previously, as I only have Cecil (who now seems universally awkward as a sub or lead) and Balthier (who seems to have a notable leaderskill and sub boost; but likely not enough, dual shields never seems to cut the mustard). I have a deep need for Yuna (who now grants three full seconds of move time AND has a reasonable if unimpressive leader skill). Unfortunately, a lot of these seem to need rainbow for activation, which tends to hurt lead potential lately. Notably, Cloud is pretty impressive as a lead, but the trigger clause really held Ryu back and the list of triggers that actually work well with him is basically Tao Ren.

Noctis seems great, until you realize his damage is capped at a paltry 64x. Lightning is probably one of the best rainbow leads in the game. Real chance I might have missed something though.

Edit: nevermind, just saw Aerith. Cloud is going to be great, especially if you picked up a Bride Zela.
Edit2: Equips! some are nuts! Balthier is quite good.

Last edited:

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
Phew, done with dorothy on both accounts, multiplayer was a bit of a shitshow. So many zela kitty players quitting and so many players looking for carries was a bad mix. 20 stones on each account is worth it I suppose.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Phew, done with dorothy on both accounts, multiplayer was a bit of a shitshow. So many zela kitty players quitting and so many players looking for carries was a bad mix. 20 stones on each account is worth it I suppose.
wait you get 10 stones for clearing 3p and 10 more stones for solo clear!?

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
wait you get 10 stones for clearing 3p and 10 more stones for solo clear!?

I am probably wrong, I thought I got it on my alt, but didn't seem to get the other 10 on my main.

Edit: I wonder if it's a bug since I finished the multiplayer dungeon in single player mode on my alt. Can't check anymore, but I swear I got a 2nd 10 stones on that account.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Rolled away the free stones on SGF since I'm running low on tradebait. NY Kanna and Dmeta were the only decent pulls on my main. My alt made a mint. 10 rolls, 7/10 trade fodder 2 of which I might keep. I'll be grabbing the 85 stone bundle and saving them for FF since I have everything I'll need for the next few REMs.

Looking hard at FF Noctis confuses me. Some folks have tried explaining it to me but I must be missing it.
Here's a rundown.
His unEvolved form is now basically a mirror of his current Ultimate evo. His new Ult evo as a lead pair is 4/64/4 and loses the match 4 requirement but his awakenings are now insanely good. On paper this looks like a "nerf" in the sense that now his ult evo is basically a sub form. Am I missing something here? Shirou is 4/400/4 for example and is straight up bonkers in comparison.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
Rolled away the free stones on SGF since I'm running low on tradebait. NY Kanna and Dmeta were the only decent pulls on my main. My alt made a mint. 10 rolls, 7/10 trade fodder 2 of which I might keep. I'll be grabbing the 85 stone bundle and saving them for FF since I have everything I'll need for the next few REMs.

Looking hard at FF Noctis confuses me. Some folks have tried explaining it to me but I must be missing it.
Here's a rundown.
His unEvolved form is now basically a mirror of his current Ultimate evo. His new Ult evo as a lead pair is 4/64/4 and loses the match 4 requirement but his awakenings are now insanely good. On paper this looks like a "nerf" in the sense that now his ult evo is basically a sub form. Am I missing something here? Shirou is 4/400/4 for example and is straight up bonkers in comparison.

Wait, are people excited about 4/64/4 Noctis? Even with the awakenings that feels really lame. For reference, Game8 indicated he was 8.0/10, which is OKish. So unless someone has really come up with something unique I can't see him as a viable lead.

I rolled five times on the SGF, came away pretty well. Ended up with my third Madoo, the green dragonblade, and H. Cotton. I was super excited about H. Cotton, but, looking at her, she seems like nothing special anymore.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, are people excited about 4/64/4 Noctis? Even with the awakenings that feels really lame. For reference, Game8 indicated he was 8.0/10, which is OKish. So unless someone has really come up with something unique I can't see him as a viable lead.

I rolled five times on the SGF, came away pretty well. Ended up with my third Madoo, the green dragonblade, and H. Cotton. I was super excited about H. Cotton, but, looking at her, she seems like nothing special anymore.
No I don't think people are chomping at the bit to roll for Noctis but with his awakenings he seems like a solid sub for almost any dark team.

His base for gets a huge buff at 4/256/4

OLD: Can no longer clear 3 connected orbs. All attribute cards All Stats x1.5. ATK x3 at 3 combos. ATK x1 for each additional combo, up to ATK x5 at 5 combos.

NEW: Can no longer clear 3 connected orbs. All attribute cards All Stats x2. ATK x5 at 3 combos. ATK x1 for each additional combo, up to ATK x8 at 6 combos

But he still needs a + combo active to VDP kill things So I'm just not sure what to make of it.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
No I don't think people are chomping at the bit to roll for Noctis but with his awakenings he seems like a solid sub for almost any dark team.

His base for gets a huge buff at 4/256/4

OLD: Can no longer clear 3 connected orbs. All attribute cards All Stats x1.5. ATK x3 at 3 combos. ATK x1 for each additional combo, up to ATK x5 at 5 combos.

NEW: Can no longer clear 3 connected orbs. All attribute cards All Stats x2. ATK x5 at 3 combos. ATK x1 for each additional combo, up to ATK x8 at 6 combos

But he still needs a + combo active to VDP kill things So I'm just not sure what to make of it.

Ah, well, if you can play the style, that could work, but it seems like a lot of trouble overall. Moreover, being often locked out of 7c on most boards will be a major burden in terms of sub damage due to it working very poorly with the best damage awakening. Also, I agree that he seems tricky on VDP turns, which has become a major consideration. I could see running him for a change of pace, however.

As far as sub value, I mean, it seems fine, I guess. The three TE are nice I suppose, but he still really wants TPA and his damage is only great if you are killing devils. Eh, maybe I'm jaded, but I'm not sure where I'd run him over other options.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, well, if you can play the style, that could work, but it seems like a lot of trouble overall. Moreover, being often locked out of 7c on most boards will be a major burden in terms of sub damage due to it working very poorly with the best damage awakening. Also, I agree that he seems tricky on VDP turns, which has become a major consideration. I could see running him for a change of pace, however.

As far as sub value, I mean, it seems fine, I guess. The three TE are nice I suppose, but he still really wants TPA and his damage is only great if you are killing devils. Eh, maybe I'm jaded, but I'm not sure where I'd run him over other options.

My problem is the devils you'd want to use him most on (Yog/Cthuga and Cthulhu, Aza, Nyar) he only really works on Yog, Cthulhu, and Nyar since you need VDP (or Hao) to manage the others.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Kitty Zela has been pretty fun, was able to clear the new descends with her. What's up with people bailing in 3P descends when they see the other teams. On both my main and alt I carried a Annihilation run someone quit immediately, in fact it probably made it easier for me.

I think I enjoy running her instead of D. Zeta.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Kitty Zela has been pretty fun, was able to clear the new descends with her. What's up with people bailing in 3P descends when they see the other teams. On both my main and alt I carried a Annihilation run someone quit immediately, in fact it probably made it easier for me.

They're disconnecting so they can clear without the risk of someone screweing them in 3p. It's easier to stall for skills and you get access to super awakenings in "solo" 3p mode.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017

They're disconnecting so they can clear without the risk of someone screweing them in 3p. It's easier to stall for skills and you get access to super awakenings in "solo" 3p mode.

Yep, this is me. I have played through 3p dungeons in the past, but I tend to strongly dislike the mode. Not really because of the other people (although that can suck), but because you can't control the pace at which you move through the dungeon AND, most importantly, I hate the 30 second turn clock. I mean, really hate it. Not to mention the fact, super awakenings have become an integral part of a lot of teams.

Speaking of which, I recently tried the cataclysmic dragon dungeon for the first time and, boy, did it suck. Did not clear it, will try again.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017

Yep, this is me. I have played through 3p dungeons in the past, but I tend to strongly dislike the mode. Not really because of the other people (although that can suck), but because you can't control the pace at which you move through the dungeon AND, most importantly, I hate the 30 second turn clock. I mean, really hate it. Not to mention the fact, super awakenings have become an integral part of a lot of teams.

Speaking of which, I recently tried the cataclysmic dragon dungeon for the first time and, boy, did it suck. Did not clear it, will try again.

I guess I answered my own question in my original post haha, it is easier to solo than playing with others.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
I'm having quite a bit of fun designing teams for the temple of dance re-run. The 6* and under was particularly interesting. I'm up to the no-assist, which I may try with Rikuu, as I think I can get full hazard block somewhat easier than other teams.

Kwhit10

Oct 27, 2017
I'm having quite a bit of fun designing teams for the temple of dance re-run. The 6* and under was particularly interesting. I'm up to the no-assist, which I may try with Rikuu, as I think I can get full hazard block somewhat easier than other teams.
I did the no assist with Valk ciel. Using ciel gear and moogle subs to get full poison resist.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
DKarin made short work of the Hera challenge. I didn't want to waste stam since I'm still farming bouquets for the dress. I flubbed the Zela board on Nyx but still managed to chip her to death anyway which was pretty satisfying.

itwasTuesday

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I just finished the dress yesterday, I've been using Veroah leads and at least it felt like it was going faster.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
trying to finish up dorothy multi (because I didn't realize it wasn't a duplicate of the single player). but can't get more than 2/3 on the lower tiers

EDIT: Cosmic complaining works, just got mythical plus down, now just the 33 stam.

Last edited:

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Finished the temple of dance on my alt. Ran mostly D.Zeta until the no assist floor where I ran DKarin and even that was dicey and random if I could survive the leader swap on the first floor. D.Meta made easy work of the final floor.

I think I'll be able to do it all on my main with Kitty Zela too. Surviving the floor where hearts are cancelled out for three turns with a resolve is the tough part, need to figure out a good team comp to stay alive but still provide damage.

Edit: yup beat it on my main with Kitty Zela. Both the final floor and the no assists floor. Final floor I had to bring along a Robin Hood to boost my damage, a VDP and Box FUA with 10 combos didn't kill the boss the first time lol. Ran KZela/Romia/RobinHood/Eir/Zela/KZela. For no assists I ran the same but Jhoria instead of Eir for the full heal and Avalon Drake instead of RobinHood for the extra board change and skill boosts.

Last edited:

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
What team did you guys use to clear challenge 9 with? I saw mantastic used double anubis with bicolor boards, but that takes some luck. Just want to see if there are easier options.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
What team did you guys use to clear challenge 9 with? I saw mantastic used double anubis with bicolor boards, but that takes some luck. Just want to see if there are easier options.

Shirou with a godkiller sub (functional 3x between latents and whatnot) and a bicolor board did the job on the final floor. I needed to use a bicolor for the dragon on floor three and had a devil killer for the first floor.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
Shirou with a godkiller sub (functional 3x between latents and whatnot) and a bicolor board did the job on the final floor. I needed to use a bicolor for the dragon on floor three and had a devil killer for the first floor.

Don't have Shirou on either account. Went with street fighter Karin on my alt and luckily have 2 since no friends were running her. Had to practice crosses a bit as it's been awhile, but she melted that dungeon. 3 crosses and 7+ combos damage caps on a 7c sub, crazy and not that hard on a 7x6 board. First time my alt finished monthly's first lol.

Main doesn't have Karin, so it's either kiri cheese or anubis bicolor and pray. But first I'm going to try an asuna build I saw on reddit. Just need to farm a hashime which seems useful anyways.

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
I used Mega Paimon/Diablos for solo and cooped my 3rd through it as well. Light Cecil is excellent with his L/D/H board and +1c, Revo Yomi for TE, and relevant killers from Mega Roots for the the last floor.

Mega Paimon(TE equip, dragon killers)
Mega Roots
L/B Fenrir Viz (L Cecil, god killers)
Mega DMeta (TE equip, devil killer latents)
Revo Yomi (TE Equip, god killer latents)
Diablos

My 2nd has neither Diablos nor Paimon so I'll probably buy Odysseus.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
C9 isn't too bad. I went with the gravity cheese because I didn't want to build a team for my alt. But a ton of killers and a +combo active get the job done just fine from what I've seen.

Also open call to anyone in the thread, odds are good I'm on your friend list. If you need a lead up ping me with an in game message and I'll put it up. Unless it's something incredibly esoteric chances are good I have it hypermaxed already.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
Got dolq with free roll, Phenom with the 1.99 deal. She's supposed to be pretty good, happy about that.

Kinda want a lotta lotta, but not sure if I'm going to roll anymore.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Rolled more than I should have but I'm ok with the results.
Phenom
Lotta Lotta
Guitar x 3
Sax x 2
Piano x 2
Xylophone x1

Phenom's active is like fujin's only useful in incredibly specific scenarios but it'll make farming things like Enoch trivial.

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
So I've been on vacation for the last week and haven't kept up on any of the new happenings. Are there any super good chase cards?

Phenom seems like a fantastic sub for Fatalis and I am still thoroughly in love with the Fatalis/Tao Ren combo because it took me through all of the Hera challenges on all three accounts. Between the SAs on the leads and the various 3x resist equips + 2x Trojan horses I'm immune to everything and have decent HP with RCV to back it up. However, my love for this team probably is a result of my insane luck of rolling the MVP of the team and my personal favorite sub in the game, Planar, on all three of my accounts. Huge HP, TE, FUA, 7c, unbindable, and a full board change with hearts and +3c active packed into one card is outright bananas. I'm finding Awoken Nohime is really good too, especially in coop for getting those actives up an ready.

I used Serket and Dwarf in the Flask as subs for the "no assist" floor to stay close to full resist, actually getting there for poison on accounts with Nohime which helped a ton.

The top floor of Hera challenge being 7x6 with no draw back was nice and felt like it was done to make it a freebie for making it through the others.

I rolled Theor on my main and the evo form seems interesting with 30x for 5 colors. However, 16x for base form with just matching fire and dark (hello Planar) and LS based TE means it would be really great for coop.

I could trade for Bride Zella but I'd have to give up my Veroahs and she just so great on Fatalis for VDP stuff I've really grown attached to her.

No real notable pulls over the recent events.

Theor - Mentioned above. Neat?

Bride Plannar - Neat! 2 turns of Fujin packed into a card I could actually use as a sub. Too bad she has no home because Yusuke is my best light lead and FatRen is just better.

X-Mas Yog, X-mas Gremory, NY Artemis - 7* trade fodder I guess?

2x Ryune and a Sylvie - More 6* fodder

Sorry this is pretty rambling I'm now realizing haha, but whatevers.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
My alt pulled a lotta lotta right off the bat, decided to get one on my main to have that active available. Took 7 more rolls but I got an eva and a lutina as well, so pretty good. Still have 30+ stones and will save more for ff.

Lutina seems like a good card, 1 cooldown actives are always good to have. Her multiplier is over 500x, but she's a glass cannon.

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
What's the use case for Lotta Lotta that makes her desirable?

EDIT: Ok I see now, the 100x can either take out entire spawns or hit them under resolve assuming you can survive the hit. I got her on one of my accounts. Might need to roll for more.

Last edited:

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
Niche use, but for some ranking dungeons and specific farm builds she is very useful.

Phenom seems pretty good and another team that can utilize my kuros. Probably my favourite mp purchase so far, they have helped me clear so much content.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Borma OSC went down to DKarin. Phenom's active was fun to use to cancel Borma's "can't match fire" effect.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
I used phenom and it was easy. After playing her a bit I feel she's about as strong as fatalis. Fatalis feels a bit safer with his shield, but phenom has a much easier time with vdp and combo shields. She is fun to play as well, happy with that roll.

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
Rolled Lotta back to back on my 3rd and once on my main. 2nd account is gonna miss out so I can save stones. Would still like a Phenom though so maybe there's more rolling or trading in my future.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Rolled Lotta back to back on my 3rd and once on my main. 2nd account is gonna miss out so I can save stones. Would still like a Phenom though so maybe there's more rolling or trading in my future.
Phenom is fun but I'm not sure she's trade worthy. I just happened to get her in my 7* pull. She's by no mean bad, and if you want something different to play she's great but with the FF refresh inbound I'd save any tradebait for that collab.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah unless she is going to take you through content you couldn't pass already, probably not good for a trade. Unless you really want her very niche new active and you whale a bit.

And like blade said, ff coming soon.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
Just got back after a week off. Trying to convince myself to handle some business. In the meantime...

Against my better judgement, I spent a few rolls on the Bride REM and ended up with two 7* of questionable value (Eschamali and Raijin), so I ended up trading for BZela, since three dupe madoo didn't seem like a bad deal. Have been trying Ryu in the interem, he feels a bit better than he used to, but I really need a single sub trigger to like the team.

Also rolled three times on the orchestra REM, ended up with the lady that makes 99 turns of heart skyfall, which seems useful for when I want to make a heartcross team. Meh.

Still not sure what I want to do when FF comes around. I absolutely want Yuna, and have reasons for Aerith. Cloud seems good, but I'm not sure he's actually worth the trouble overall.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Finally getting around to the monthly quests and burned through c1-10. Gonna tackle descends over the month depending on the other stuff they have rolling around. I've been playing a lot of Phenom and she's fun. I kind of like the damage control aspect and you can actually build a pretty neat TPA styled team if you were so inclined. Granted you don't get her full multi with just four orbs but still, it's the first team I could build that runs all Hakus which is kind of dumb fun. My "real" team is pretty basic with D/R Hiei, Eir, Damage Absorb void (uruka/akuma depending on color coverage needs), and unlock/board change.

Game8 recommends dZeta for the board change and akuma for the damage absorb void. I'm not super big on dzeta here. I can inherit an L awakening on someone (Akuma/Uruka probably) and use a board like Nohime or Mega Typhon. The rest of the team gets the resist treatment with Eir using the tape SA and phenom getting cloud SA. I will say the dark/blue slot is tough to fill though. I'm sure I'm just forgetting someone though.

Just got back after a week off. Trying to convince myself to handle some business. In the meantime...

Against my better judgement, I spent a few rolls on the Bride REM and ended up with two 7* of questionable value (Eschamali and Raijin), so I ended up trading for BZela, since three dupe madoo didn't seem like a bad deal. Have been trying Ryu in the interem, he feels a bit better than he used to, but I really need a single sub trigger to like the team.

Also rolled three times on the orchestra REM, ended up with the lady that makes 99 turns of heart skyfall, which seems useful for when I want to make a heartcross team. Meh.

Still not sure what I want to do when FF comes around. I absolutely want Yuna, and have reasons for Aerith. Cloud seems good, but I'm not sure he's actually worth the trouble overall.

FF is going to be high value pretty much across the board. How hard you roll should be based on how much you already have. Yuna is incredible, Aerith is potentially huge (still need to see it in action before I'm all in). I got Aerith and Cloud in JP so I can play around over there but I'm lacking any other major subs over there. I'd throw some rolls at it then decide what to do based on that. Don't go HAM on anything till then though since it's going to be the best REM value we're seeing in a while. 7-stone fest is really the only nearby competition but there's no guarantee we're getting that.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
I tackled c9 on my main today. Changed Paimon to his y/b form and paired with my alts Karin. Took 2 tries, but it's done. Wish I could give my main the alts dupe Karin, she's very fun to play.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
As much as I complain about having grindy dungeons, you really miss them when nothing else is going on.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I can't get past C9. Is that Dark Karin you are talking about? Didn't have a problem with C10. I don't really have one of the really high multiplier leads.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
I can't get past C9. Is that Dark Karin you are talking about? Didn't have a problem with C10. I don't really have one of the really high multiplier leads.
It really is just a giant damage check. You have a couple options:
-Bring a glass cannon that can combo
-Cheese it
-Bring a big enough, and/or long enough burst to get the job done.

Glass cannon works because with the exception of Belial you're not surviving any hits with a tank team so no need to have the HP/RCV. Cheese works because iirc no one changes their color out from under you. The burst method works if you can keep the hits coming. This is only really an issue on the last floor on 6x5 since you might not have enough orbs to hit 8 combos enough to "chip" in 3 turns even with the burst.

Killers can make up some slack, for example a DKarin team with a Bride Zela board and Fenrir Viz can kill Dagda in one hit. Amen doesn't work since you need 8 combos to hit Dagda. I can't think of a good list of accessible glass cannon leads as I haven't been swapping leads much lately.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Was thinking of running Akuma and a Diablos friend if I could find one. Would that be enough damage output?

What about Yog lead with Bride Zela, Avalon Drake (for bicolor and skill boost), Yusuke, Whaledor?

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
I was taking about Karin from street fighter, but I've seen clears on reddit from dark Karin. I was having trouble on my main as well, took a me a few tries in endless to be happy with the damage I needed.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Was thinking of running Akuma and a Diablos friend if I could find one. Would that be enough damage output?

What about Yog lead with Bride Zela, Avalon Drake (for bicolor and skill boost), Yusuke, Whaledor?
Maybe? I haven't really tried beyond my clear. It took a couple runs to dial in how long I could stall before I needed to kill using DKarin. With either lead in your post I'd recommend at least a god killer powerhouse (Viz, Revo Demon Luci, Mega Roots, etc) and probably a burst. Nuke from orbit.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe? I haven't really tried beyond my clear. It took a couple runs to dial in how long I could stall before I needed to kill using DKarin. With either lead in your post I'd recommend at least a god killer powerhouse (Viz, Revo Demon Luci, Mega Roots, etc) and probably a burst. Nuke from orbit.

I can run Yog without Whaledor and have everyone up in time so I can slot Pralinae in there. Was hoping Bride Zela would carry me damage wise but looks to be a full team effort.

Something tells me I'm going to have to drop some killer latents to clear this though.