• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
I can run Yog without Whaledor and have everyone up in time so I can slot Pralinae in there. Was hoping Bride Zela would carry me damage wise but looks to be a full team effort.

Something tells me I'm going to have to drop some killer latents to clear this though.

Again, I did it with Shirou with a godkiller sub, and I think the godkiller is pretty essential regardless of the team you use. BZela is great and all, but 27x is a big jump if you have access to one. Valk Ceil can be solid with her SA (36x on 7c), Roots has three godkillers built in, Viz can take godkiller latents. Also, if you have a team that can support Ragnarok Dragon, he brings the 3x godkillers with the right SA and latents. Pralinae might get you there too, but her attack is a bit smaller.

If you need me to put up a lead with the godkiller equip, let me know. I don't have yog, but I'll put it up if I've got it.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
I can run Yog without Whaledor and have everyone up in time so I can slot Pralinae in there. Was hoping Bride Zela would carry me damage wise but looks to be a full team effort.

Something tells me I'm going to have to drop some killer latents to clear this though.
Yeah this kind of challenge really bothers me. There's not too much puzzle to it. Just brute force the board. This isn't much of a team building challenge like they usually are. Just stack damage and killers and go. You can get clever but I have a feeling the resist cheese isn't super intended. Also 2p mode makes this (and other) challenges much more manageable so if you're desperate that's an avenue you can pursue.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Again, I did it with Shirou with a godkiller sub, and I think the godkiller is pretty essential regardless of the team you use. BZela is great and all, but 27x is a big jump if you have access to one. Valk Ceil can be solid with her SA (36x on 7c), Roots has three godkillers built in, Viz can take godkiller latents. Also, if you have a team that can support Ragnarok Dragon, he brings the 3x godkillers with the right SA and latents. Pralinae might get you there too, but her attack is a bit smaller.

If you need me to put up a lead with the godkiller equip, let me know. I don't have yog, but I'll put it up if I've got it.

No Roots or Viz on this account.

I do have Valk Ciel with God Killer SA. I'll put her in place of Drake. See if this works, would be Yog/Pralinae/Valk/Yusuke/BZela/Yog. Should have enough Skill Boost with the badge to have all the actives up.

Thanks for all the advice!

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
No Roots or Viz on this account.

I do have Valk Ciel with God Killer SA. I'll put her in place of Drake. See if this works, would be Yog/Pralinae/Valk/Yusuke/BZela/Yog. Should have enough Skill Boost with the badge to have all the actives up.

Thanks for all the advice!
If you have Odysseus or medals to buy him I can put my Mega Paimon up for you to pair with if you're still having trouble. Hitting the 9c with 3-4 crosses isn't the easiest but it's possible if you load up on TE and L/D/H boards. Paimon's active will make 2 of them for you even.

Studge@ERA - 367,983,353

In other news, WTF with the buff to Planar?? She was already one of the best subs in the game (auto include for me personally on any team that can use her) and now she gets VDP. So awesome.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
If you have Odysseus or medals to buy him I can put my Mega Paimon up for you to pair with if you're still having trouble. Hitting the 9c with 3-4 crosses isn't the easiest but it's possible if you load up on TE and L/D/H boards. Paimon's active will make 2 of them for you even.

Studge@ERA - 367,983,353

In other news, WTF with the buff to Planar?? She was already one of the best subs in the game (auto include for me personally on any team that can use her) and now she gets VDP. So awesome.

I stupidly exchanged them for the gems not thinking it'd be a problem to use them on the exchange. RIP. I've got a Paimon I haven't mega evolved yet so if I do scrounge together some medals I could pair up with myself, thank you though!

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
I stupidly exchanged them for the gems not thinking it'd be a problem to use them on the exchange. RIP. I've got a Paimon I haven't mega evolved yet so if I do scrounge together some medals I could pair up with myself, thank you though!
That sucks about the medals. Pairing with Diablos also works. Or if you're actually skilled at multi-crossing on 6x5 you could do Paimon/Paimon. 3 crosses would certainly blow up everything with ease. I'm not skilled and only one of my accounts has Paimon so that's why I opted for the 7x6 pairing.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017

Studge@ERA - 367,983,353

Yeah Planar and Uruka got so much better with such a small change it's nuts.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017

On my main I paired l/b paimon with my alts sf karin. If what your trying doesn't work, let me know and I can put Karin up for you on my alt. Sf Karin has a 7x6 board already.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Did it with Yog and my Alts DKarin (should have run co-op lol, oh well). Didn't have to put on any latents either, but I did have to VDP 7c the middle floor. Final floor just used DKarins boost and BZelas bi-color combo add to one shot.

Ran Yog/VCiel/Yusuke/BZela/Pralinae/DKarin. Yog had Rathios equip for rows but I'm pretty sure he did no damage. The rest of the team had nothing worthwhile besides BZela with Valkyrie R&S equip.

Had been trying random other combinations because I couldn't get a helper Yog to show up, may have been easier with that.

Pulled a ton on the GF knowing FF was coming up but I always like stock piling trade fodder. Got Eschmali, Madoo dupe, Cherun, Hera-Luna dupe, Ney, Saline dupe, and my first Ilmina. 20 pulls later, but picking up Ilmina and Ney were worth it on top of the trade fodder. I'm sure FF will be seasonal fodder lol.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
These fixed lead challenges are fun. Both have been awkward but capable leads, so it has been neat. For the second one, you want an FUA (Alfecca, plan accordingly), jammer, bomb, and blind resist. Tape also helps. Additionally, lots of gods, so Ragnarok dragon puts in work.

does anyone here have a devil killer for trade?

I can put one up for you in a few minutes.

Edit: nevermind, saw your offers, just did the trades.

raiod

Oct 26, 2017
These fixed lead challenges are fun. Both have been awkward but capable leads, so it has been neat. For the second one, you want an FUA (Alfecca, plan accordingly), jammer, bomb, and blind resist. Tape also helps. Additionally, lots of gods, so Ragnarok dragon puts in work.

I can put one up for you in a few minutes.
Cool, Thank you!

To add to your leader challenge tip: If you use Rex, you can ignore the jammer and poison resist.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Agreed, they've been a lot of fun.

This most recent one I used D.Kali, Raizer (Rathian equip), Kitty Zela, and Aten. A VDP with Kitty Zela (typhon equip) on the final floor was enough to punch through without full leader skill activation. Aten tripled as a board changer, time extend to cancel debuff, and fua. Had to stall out a ten turn bind on him though.

Last edited:

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
So the Kali fixed lead dungeon was really fun on my 2nd account because I had a reason to use the Mercury I rolled in the GH colab. I did some rough math to see just how hard I murdered Orochi through his 99% shield at the end.

- With her double dragon killer, physical killer SA, dragon killer assist, and 3x dragon killer latents she had a total of 263.25x damage before LS.
- Full activation for Kali is 400x so that brought her to around 105000x for around 300 million damage by herself, and that's before color advantage and the extra multiplier from combos is taken into account.

I know it's pretty easy nowadays to hit damage cap in the billions but I thought it was pretty cool to be able to hit this much on a 400x lead all because of all the killers I was able to stack.

EDIT: I just realized she has 2 "over 80% awakenings" too bringing her damage up to over 700 million. Get rekt Orochi.

Last edited:

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
Bring cloud resist to the nemain challenge. I had a rough time with Thor lol, beat it, but would have been so much faster and easier with that resist.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
Been a while since I posted or played I have fallen out of love with the game because epic seven takes all of my time.

Randomly looked at the puzzle and dragons reddit and saw they were giving dmeta's away, decided to yolo and look at that I got dmeta.

Might start doing some dailys and trying some endgame stuff again.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Been a while since I posted or played I have fallen out of love with the game because epic seven takes all of my time.

Randomly looked at the puzzle and dragons reddit and saw they were giving dmeta's away, decided to yolo and look at that I got dmeta.

Might start doing some dailys and trying some endgame stuff again.
congrats on the great lead.'

I have fallen in and out of love with PaD over the past six years. it really does make a huge difference when you get that one awesome lead

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
Funny thing about my history with dmeta I always wanted her when she got released, time has passed and she had fallen out of the top tier leads made a comeback and fallen again. I finally got her last year. I thought to myself wow dmeta too bad i got stronger leads, benched her than sacrificed her for Jhoira during the magic the gathering collab I think I posted about it in this thread I was going to exchange her. I believe right after that collab she got buffed and was top tier again. I thought to myself what have I done. Last time I ever exchanged in the game.

Glad I was forgiven for that mistake.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Funny thing about my history with dmeta I always wanted her when she got released, time has passed and she had fallen out of the top tier leads made a comeback and fallen again. I finally got her last year. I thought to myself wow dmeta too bad i got stronger leads, benched her than sacrificed her for Jhoira during the magic the gathering collab I think I posted about it in this thread I was going to exchange her. I believe right after that collab she got buffed and was top tier again. I thought to myself what have I done. Last time I ever exchanged in the game.

Glad I was forgiven for that mistake.

I exchanged her on my main as well and have regretted it since, although the game has so many viable leads for all the content now. It's really great how much flexibility there is.

For the new fixed leader challenge I used Orage (cloud resist), Raizer, B.Zela, and Hiko (tape resist). I basically brute forced it with 7C's instead of engaging the cross mechanic. The plan was to use Hiko and B.Zela for combo adders and then do crosses but didn't need to.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really digging the fixed lead challenges. I hope this becomes a regular thing. I really like scrounging through my box to find the right subs for the challenge. It's kind of how the monthly quests used to be until we got leads that could just brute force everything. My laziness often overrides my desire for challenge though.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really digging the fixed lead challenges. I hope this becomes a regular thing. I really like scrounging through my box to find the right subs for the challenge. It's kind of how the monthly quests used to be until we got leads that could just brute force everything. My laziness often overrides my desire for challenge though.

Agreed, they have been fun and very fair. It's just challenging enough to enjoy and not get frustrated.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Grind time is back wooo!
REMDra Fever mode is up for a few days. Farm up points for a truckload of rainbow medals. It looks like crowns aren't awarded at the top tier this go around but the people who will farm this will probably still farm it hard. The number of rainbow medals on offer is pretty significant and almost certainly worth it if you have the free time/stam.

JP Got AA3 with a new invade and they tweaked some trade rules. You can now trade up to five things for up to five more things. There's new resist awakenings. The various Blind/Jammer/Poison Resist+ awakenings will completely block that orb convert. There's also awakenings that enable constant poison or jammer skyfall (new Viz says thanks!). The attribute resists got buffed (value currently unknown but better than 5%).
More here: https://www.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndDragons/comments/cgb2m9/news_jp_version_173_new_trading_rules_new/

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
Grind time is back wooo!
REMDra Fever mode is up for a few days. Farm up points for a truckload of rainbow medals. It looks like crowns aren't awarded at the top tier this go around but the people who will farm this will probably still farm it hard. The number of rainbow medals on offer is pretty significant and almost certainly worth it if you have the free time/stam.

JP Got AA3 with a new invade and they tweaked some trade rules. You can now trade up to five things for up to five more things. There's new resist awakenings. The various Blind/Jammer/Poison Resist+ awakenings will completely block that orb convert. There's also awakenings that enable constant poison or jammer skyfall (new Viz says thanks!). The attribute resists got buffed (value currently unknown but better than 5%).
More here: https://www.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndDragons/comments/cgb2m9/news_jp_version_173_new_trading_rules_new/

So...since it let them look at GFE for trades, I wonder if we will be able to trade REM stuff soon. I really hope so, even if it is under very limited circumstances. Resist+ awakenings are a crazy game changer. It will really rework how endgame teams are structured. I do not look forward to rolling for such things.

As far as REMDra--it just seems too...frenetic for me to want to play it over and over. I'm going to really regret not putting effort in when I need a gargantuan amount of rainbow/black medals for something.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Well at my current pace it'll take about 4 stamina bars to cap out the score (assuming it's still 999,999). I got nothing else to do so why not?

Kwhit10

Oct 27, 2017
Maxed out the REMdra today. Took about 4 bars of stamina. Might still farm it for the cheap rewards with full board changes.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
I am very bad at this thing.
So there's a couple ways to tackle it. Mantastic has a solid video guide I'd recommend for general purpose strategy. I don't follow it, not because it's bad advice though. I prefer to just combo the board early and often. If I get bad luck and the attacking orb spawns too frequently then I'll score lower, if I get good skyfall then I'm all set. The only strategy I apply is if I'm close to a level up I'll just match the 3-6 orbs to push me over the hump.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I use the mantastic route, it keeps me able to consistently stay above 10k unless very unlucky.

Kwhit10

Oct 27, 2017
I set up board hoarding the color to remove and blue. And in the first 4 floors I clear them with actives. When actives are used I juat combo as hard as I can until I cleared the 40 orbs. Usually ending on round 7 getting 7-9 usually with sky fall adding extra.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
I set up board hoarding the color to remove and blue. And in the first 4 floors I clear them with actives. When actives are used I juat combo as hard as I can until I cleared the 40 orbs. Usually ending on round 7 getting 7-9 usually with sky fall adding extra.

Yeah that's what I do and what mantastic video shows. I usually end around 7 as well.

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
Just had a run with god-tier skyfall that got me over 30k. It feels like the scoring is lower this REMdra because I remember 20-30k being average last time with one god-tier skyfall run of around 21c getting me ~130k. I'm using Mantastic's method too and getting around 16k on a decent run.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
I wish I had the time to do these.

Remdra always falls on a week where I don't have time to just burn through a shit ton of stamina. I

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
So there's a couple ways to tackle it. Mantastic has a solid video guide I'd recommend for general purpose strategy. I don't follow it, not because it's bad advice though. I prefer to just combo the board early and often. If I get bad luck and the attacking orb spawns too frequently then I'll score lower, if I get good skyfall then I'm all set. The only strategy I apply is if I'm close to a level up I'll just match the 3-6 orbs to push me over the hump.

I think part of my problem is playing hesitantly and trying to remember which color and actives I care about. Like it just feels odd.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
I'm one or two runs away from capping out. After that I think I might seriously tackle AA2. I've been avoiding it since the rewards don't seem to line up with the effort but given the new monster that will show up in AA3 I feel like I should probably do that. Plus it'll be nice to not have to see the "NEW" banner again.

There's a Gung Ho stream on Friday at 6pm PDT that's been given a little bit of hype. Based on the timing there's a few things they could announce. The 77 Stones + 7 stone REM, the quick rehash of MonHun, or maybe something more recent like FF but I'm hoping that's unlikely. I want to pull hard in FF and I'm not ready to go all in on a REM just yet.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
Well, with only hours to go, I feel like I finally figured it out. I just use an active right away to clear the target color and then combo as much as possible. I'm pretty reliably in the 10-15k range, with a few better and a few worse. Over half way there, not sure if I'm going the distance.

Kwhit10

Oct 27, 2017
This zapan fixed lead had been the hardest one for me personally. Took a few tries. Definitely need kiri and her dragon killers. Nene+kiri+I&I for final floor hoping you get 10 hearts on board change. Also use misutzune for healing/fua.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
This zapan fixed lead had been the hardest one for me personally. Took a few tries. Definitely need kiri and her dragon killers. Nene+kiri+I&I for final floor hoping you get 10 hearts on board change. Also use misutzune for healing/fua.
I played a silly amount of Zapan when he became available. His best subs are 7c Skuld, B/x Sitri, and Andromeda. From there you can bring a TE stick, a damage stick, or pretty much whatever to fill a need. The heart cross is needed for Helheim but other than that you can get away with 5o1e to clear most of the floors.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
Well, at the end of last night, I was at 700k on the first challenge, so I caved and burned a stone to get to 999. I actually don't really care for 7x6 boards, so we'll see how it goes.

I ended up dropping it with FUA Skuld/Revo I&I/Revo Yomi/B.Eschamali. Ended up beating on first try, but nearly died multiple times and the team was clunky throughout. I really wish they would have let us make a Zapan OR Sumire team.

raiod

Oct 26, 2017
If you are lazy, just combo away on the 7x6 board remdra. My scores are lower then single combo and setting up boards, but its a lot less involved and stressful and i don't run into unexpected losses...

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
If you are lazy, just combo away on the 7x6 board remdra. My scores are lower then single combo and setting up boards, but its a lot less involved and stressful and i don't run into unexpected losses...

Agreed on this, I still get between 20 and 40k this way and is much faster. I'm probably going to farm it when I'm done anyway, so no reason to take it the slow way. I'm already close to the halfway mark on today's stamina. I do still use an active to clear orbs if there are too many and Zeus to skip a level.

feline fury

Dec 8, 2017
Got another Blodin for my free GFE roll. The mega awoken is basically the best blue VDP sub, right? Maybe I can throw him on my Skuld team.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Got Typhon on my alt and Ryune on my main.

Also finally attempted Machine Noah with Kitty Zela last night and cleared it first try, ez