• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
Ended up getting the crown on the 7x6 too. I generally scored quite a bit higher on it, but I also died occasionally. The last Remdra roll was a Yog, who was my white whale since his release. However, I'm now unsure how I could even use him. Eh, still nice to have.

The new descended seems quite a bit easier than other recent ones.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Ended up getting the crown on the 7x6 too. I generally scored quite a bit higher on it, but I also died occasionally. The last Remdra roll was a Yog, who was my white whale since his release. However, I'm now unsure how I could even use him. Eh, still nice to have.

The new descended seems quite a bit easier than other recent ones.
I don't think there's crowns tied to these. I didn't see them listed on the rewards page at least.

You're right about Reiwa. The dungeon has some pretty simple mechanics. I will say the locked poison skyfall into Wee Jas's HP boost is a clever dick move since you have almost no chance of out healing a poison skyfall with that much HP.

For those having trouble here's what I did:
FL1: kill. More HP than you'd expect and hit pretty hard.
FL2: kill. Nothing clever here unless the blue knight swaps your lead to something unfavorable.
FL3: Antares has a decent amount of HP but if you kill him with an L you clear the locked poison skyfall (just unlocked poisons will fall now)
FL4: Myr, usual strat. If you have VDP and full bind immunity you can stall or kill as needed. She hits hard but it's manageable. I use her to stall out or overwrite the poison skyfall.
FL5: Wee Jas jacks your HP and reduces your move time by 75%. Depending on the lead just kill him. If you still have poison skyfall DON'T overkill match. He'll heal you and put up a combo shield then you can kill him.
FL6: Reiwa, She starts with a combo challenge like Eir or Panera. She'll give you a 10c board. If you perfectly solve it her guard drops and she'll put up a shield. 9c and she'll add a 500,000 VDP shield. I don't know what she does lower than that. From here you can kill her but she has a ton of HP. At 50% or less she'll change color, add a 2 turn absorb, and put up a 7c combo shield. I'm assuming she has a threshold where she'll annihilate you but I didn't hit it.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think there's crowns tied to these. I didn't see them listed on the rewards page at least.

You're right about Reiwa. The dungeon has some pretty simple mechanics. I will say the locked poison skyfall into Wee Jas's HP boost is a clever dick move since you have almost no chance of out healing a poison skyfall with that much HP.

For those having trouble here's what I did:
FL1: kill. More HP than you'd expect and hit pretty hard.
FL2: kill. Nothing clever here unless the blue knight swaps your lead to something unfavorable.
FL3: Antares has a decent amount of HP but if you kill him with an L you clear the locked poison skyfall (just unlocked poisons will fall now)
FL4: Myr, usual strat. If you have VDP and full bind immunity you can stall or kill as needed. She hits hard but it's manageable. I use her to stall out or overwrite the poison skyfall.
FL5: Wee Jas jacks your HP and reduces your move time by 75%. Depending on the lead just kill him. If you still have poison skyfall DON'T overkill match. He'll heal you and put up a combo shield then you can kill him.
FL6: Reiwa, She starts with a combo challenge like Eir or Panera. She'll give you a 10c board. If you perfectly solve it her guard drops and she'll put up a shield. 9c and she'll add a 500,000 VDP shield. I don't know what she does lower than that. From here you can kill her but she has a ton of HP. At 50% or less she'll change color, add a 2 turn absorb, and put up a 7c combo shield. I'm assuming she has a threshold where she'll annihilate you but I didn't hit it.

I'm pretty sure they had crowns listed--there was no other difference between the last two reward tiers. Moreover, a lot of people on Reddit seemed to think they are getting crowns.

As for Reiwa, I didn't think about how shit a poison skyfall would have been with that much HP. I ran Fatalis, so I had few problems with that floor, the auto-heal was crazy and I could just use a fatalis active to kill him without much time. Also, seems like not meeting the combo shield makes the boss easier? I didn't realize it was a combo check, only making a few results in some spinners for five turns. Not a big deal.

raiod

Oct 26, 2017
I could put an eugeo up for you on slot 2... are we best friends? What inherit does he need to have?

Kwhit10

Oct 27, 2017
What's the Eugeo build/strat? I have Reiwa basically maxed but I'd rather not burn all my rainbowpys on skillups.

Sharon with vdp SA all attacker killer latent with attacker kill equip.
Tengu with servant Lancer equip
2 reiwas

Enough equips on lead and reiwas for jammer resist. Basically do a row on each floor and a vdp on myr and boss. This is on lowest level.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
2 reiwas

Enough equips on lead and reiwas for jammer resist. Basically do a row on each floor and a vdp on myr and boss. This is on lowest level.
Is it a guaranteed skill up at that difficulty?

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
I've been just using my DMeta team on Reiwa on mythical for easy skill ups.

My team is

DMeta
Revo Iza
Reiwa
Reiwa
Revo Yomi

DMeta

F1 - just match
F2 - just match
F3 - single matches to clear out poison drops.
F4 - DMeta active, VDP
F5 - Clear bombs, Match
F6 - Yomi active, laugh as you get a ton of time for 10 combos. DMeta/Iza Active next turn..

Kwhit10

Oct 27, 2017
At skill level 34 now... Ugh. Will use one more bar of Stam from exp of a lifetime then will use the rest of my 30+ flampys I always have but never need to use.

bjork

Oct 27, 2017
Well, I've been back in for a few weeks and it looks like I picked a pretty good time to have a fresh account. A bunch of freebie stones and that 10-stone machine with maxed +297s gave me a few fun options to try out. I see that I missed Hello Kitty's return, but hopefully it will be back at some point. But that recent 10-stone machine included heroine characters, so I was curious: did I miss a chance to get Meridionalis? I'm sure she isn't still as good of a character, but I enjoyed using her on my old account.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone give thought to Reiwa team building? Apparently you don't need the colors on your team to activate so any red or green sub works in theory.
Her activation reqs are insane and about as inconsistent as you can get. You need to match 4+ red & green & blue & light orbs meaning you need minimum 16 orbs to activate. It's weird.
At 4/256/4 (plus 4 combos for activation...) she's potentially strong but ultimately held back by her activation requirement. If she had an easy to activate shield (beyond her L shield) I'd feel a little more compelled to try higher end content with her since you'd be able to stall easier.

I think it would be fun to work around that limitation. Thinking of inherits, what orb makers give her a board? I don't think anyone guarantees her a board but cards like Tachibana give a really high chance for a board. There's combos like Gadius + heartbreak into water I guess? Any LKali board has a high chance of success.

I'm also not sure if she needs subs to be green/red or red/green or if you can get away with only having one of either attribute.
For max damage 7c subs and TPA subs are ideal since you can't activate and get less than 7c and to hoard orbs you don't want to match more than 4 orbs of any color. Given the amount of stalling needed you'd want high HP subs with decent RCV and maybe a short cooldown heart maker.

Kwhit10

Oct 27, 2017
Draconic Mariel has the perfect active. Too bad she's off color but makes the red, blue, green, light board.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
Mega Skuld is here, tested her a bit. But if you have a good fatalis team, why is she better? I just don't see it.

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
Mega Skuld is here, tested her a bit. But if you have a good fatalis team, why is she better? I just don't see it.
Haven't played her yet but just looking at her I don't think she's better overall but better at certain things.
- Activation and shield from any color L making for easier VDP and stalling
- Can use Mel for said stalling, Eir is nice for Fatalis but Mel is still the heart TPA queen.
- Can use Saber for VDP who also happens to have wood as well
- She has drastically lower ATK vs Fatalis but she can def do more personal damage if you get the L or 7c SA and then have an L or 7c equip.
- She also has a sub attribute that is different from main att for even more personal damage potential

I have stacked Fatalis/Tao Ren teams on all my accounts so I'm probably not ditching those any time soon but Mega Skuld is a nice option to have.

Kwhit10

Oct 27, 2017
Yea I'm not sure it be better than my fatalis team. With kuro loop planar and veroah I have 250k hp healing 100k every turn with full immunity from every hazard.

The new mega viz with 2 Rex's on super bastet is insane. Never short on wood orbs.

Last edited:

raiod

Oct 26, 2017
Yea I'm not sure it be better than my fatalis team. With kuro loop planar and veroah I have 250k hp healing 100k every turn with full immunity from every hazard.

The new mega viz with 2 Rex's on super bastet is insane. Never short on wood orbs.
What's your strategy with Reiwas farm team? I have some major problems with blue orb drought. And if I combo the board I only get poisons...

Kwhit10

Oct 27, 2017
2 reiwas

What's your strategy with Reiwas farm team? I have some major problems with blue orb drought. And if I combo the board I only get poisons...

With the eugo team above.
Fl1-blue row (natural or Sharon active)
Fl2-blue row Hopefully natutal or if still have Sharon active use it here.
Fl3- eugo use one blue row save the other for next floor.
Fl4 - blue vdp use othe eugo if you didnnt get 3 blue skyfal from previous floor
Fl5- servant lancer active. Unlocks poisons do blue row and don't match poison.
Fl6- single combo save blues OK to match poison here. Then use Sharon active again or eugo if available and do a blue vdp.

Last edited:

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure I have enough Green/Blue (really only Tardis) subs to take advantage although her play style seems super simple. I have Mel for healing but then I'd lose out on Eir's bind clear. If I make her I lose my primary blue FUA for co-op as Mel doesn't work there. I'd have to finally bite and make Blue Cottons.

But still seems like you really want to target Blue/green or green/Blue.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't played her yet but just looking at her I don't think she's better overall but better at certain things.
- Activation and shield from any color L making for easier VDP and stalling
- Can use Mel for said stalling, Eir is nice for Fatalis but Mel is still the heart TPA queen.
- Can use Saber for VDP who also happens to have wood as well
- She has drastically lower ATK vs Fatalis but she can def do more personal damage if you get the L or 7c SA and then have an L or 7c equip.
- She also has a sub attribute that is different from main att for even more personal damage potential

I have stacked Fatalis/Tao Ren teams on all my accounts so I'm probably not ditching those any time soon but Mega Skuld is a nice option to have.

I suspect that if you aren't Kuro looping AND you have access to excellent on-color subs, she might outdo Fatalis in many situations. Mel can generate solid healing and dropping the colored requirement from the L is a major boon. However, Fatalis will tend to be tankier, with more sub flexibility, and is just easier to set up with the loop. I've actually decided I'm probably not making her. Sure, I rarely use the FUA version, but it has come up.

As for Viz, I was kind of trying to be optimistic about how clunky he'd be on Ryu, but he is mad clunky.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I may mess around with mega skuld and kuro loop at some point since I have Lutina and Tardis. But I already have them inherited on a Myne and Tao Ren that I use for phenom and fatalis, so switching will be annoying.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
So here's what I've been doing, remember this is the mythical difficulty:
FL1: row if orbs are available otherwise pop Sharon and swipe
FL2: Dragon Knight, if orbs are available row, otherwise 1c, take the hit then pop Eugeo. Save a row and clear a row
FL3: use the other row from the previous floor, or pop Eugeo
FL4: Pop the other Eugeo and VDP (he gives 12 orbs)
FL5: Pop Lancer, L with fire and use the blue row to kill (requires awoken Reiwa on the team for the red L)
FL6: 1c her 10c board saving blues (keep them out of the bottom row) then pop Sharon and VDP to kill.

Mega Skuld: Plays a lot like Fatalis with a more specific sub pool. I say that because in order to tank the preempts in AA2 you need ~163k HP if you want to go shieldless so you want to stack B/G or G/B subs. I'm running with Skuld, Mel, Blujin, Revo Sarasvati, Saber. Saber and Mel seem like must haves. From there you can stack resist assists to finish off the team. Fatalis with Kuro loop is probably safer all told but Skuld's activation reliability is really nice.

SR MeiMei: Honestly I just wanted another sub for SR Bastet and MeiMei ticks all the boxes. Hypered she's a great stat inherit too. With VDP Super Awakening she's a green answer to almost anything. Absolutely stellar sub.

Mega Viz: I'm putting him on DKarin when I need to erase gods. Otherwise he's an excellent skill holder for light and a quick skyfall debuff override. As a lead you can run him with just about anything. I'd go for high HP subs to take advantage of his double shielding abilities. VDP plus 6c 2 of which need to be jammers might be a bit tricky to pull off though.

Given SR MeiMei I think I'm pulling SR Bastet out again for a bit.

Last edited:

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Oh interesting, I could run Kuro Loop on my two Tardis. I feel like damage output would still be low. I haven't used Kuro loop since B&J so I could free that back up.

The other Mega Awakenings almost make it a moot point since my Kitty Zela team and D.Meta teams got stronger.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't been getting the best luck in reiwa skill ups. Still the ease of use of he myth run is a nice stamina burn while I wait for the August quest dungeons.

I was dumb and burned two rolls in the SGF and got Yomi and Neptune. Somehow I never had Neptune so at least it's something new?

Spent some time with the new cards. All of them are strong. SR MeiMei is still my favorite. She works on every green team I like playing. I really wish SR Haku got this treatment.
I'd push for either the unbindable SA or VDP depending on your needs. I have Zela so unbindable is more useful to me. Currently she's seeing play on SR Bastet and Zela Kitty but if I need to dust off Vraska I'll use her there too.

Mega Viz is really fun to use if you're interested in jammer leads. Even if you don't lead him, as a sub he erases gods and is the perfect vessel for any inherit. If he had a VDP awakening he'd be top tier (but also super busted). People are saying cloud resist SA and I can see that, 7c or Cloud is probably the best choice. 7c gives you better damage vs non-gods and cloud res is still kind of rare on equips and decent cards.

Mega Skuld is like people have said, comparable to Fatalis in playstyle but more flexible in activation and more restrictive in team building. Her RCV problems are harder to solve than fatalis and if you don't have a Saber or Blodin her VDP problems are larger. That said if you do have the right subs for her Skuld is a powerhouse. You can use a pair of Tardis or Lutina for Kuro loop similar to Fatalis. If you do then Saber/Blodin/Amenominakanushi is a must have for VDP. If you don't have a pair of Tardis and/or Lutina you can use Mel kitted out for maximum RCV (something like a barioth equip and 3x rcv++ latents). A heart prong is incredibly effective at recovery.

Couple team ideas, I've used both and had good success.
Skuld (Hazard resist)
Tardis (Kuro)
Tardis (Kuro)
Saber (Chun Li wristbands)
Revo Sarasvati (Jhoira Equip)
Skuld (Hazard Resist)

Pros:
-RCV isn't a problem
-Damage is stellar
-HP is high
-Kuro loop stalling

Cons:
-Low SB
-Low TE
-Not fully hazard resistant even with the best hazard resist equips
-High combo counts are hard to get
-No Fujin

If you don't care about tape you can swap the wristbands for something else to improve hazard resists. Or inherit a fujin for insurance.

Alternatively...

Skuld (Hazard resist)
Mel (Mizutsune Equip)
Blujin (Hazard Resist)
Saber (Chun Li wristbands)
Revo Sarasvati (Jhoira Equip)
Skuld (Hazard Resist)

Pros:
-Plenty of TE
-RCV is fine thanks to Mizu buff
-Hazard resists can cover 100% of any two of poison, jammer, or blind depending on inherits
-Damage is still nuts
-Plenty of SB

Cons:
-Combo counts
-RCV can rely on having 4 hearts
-harder to stall without Kuro Loop
-Less potential HP due to Mel

I think the second team is the more robust but I think it depends on the dungeon too. If you have a solid Fatalis team I don't know that I'd chase Skuld, but I really like having an excuse to use revo sara, saber, and mel again.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
I think the main plus of skuld over fatalis is stalling, she can proc her shield without attacking which in some situations is very helpful. After playing with her for a bit, she is really good. I do prefer fatalis, but mainly because I have better teams for him I think.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Spent a little more time with Skuld and bumped her team to over 163k by 110-ing a couple more subs. I'm thinking I can take AA2 with this team. I need to watch a few videos to see what some monsters do (reading about abilities never sticks with me) but I think either this team or Phenom is going to be the one to do it.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
Spent a little more time with Skuld and bumped her team to over 163k by 110-ing a couple more subs. I'm thinking I can take AA2 with this team. I need to watch a few videos to see what some monsters do (reading about abilities never sticks with me) but I think either this team or Phenom is going to be the one to do it.

What is the actual HP breakpoint for AA2? I've only beaten it the once and that was with Fatalis and that team has gobs of HP. I've been thinking about trying it again with Ryu/D.Karin. It works better than I expected and I can just get about 150k effective HP if I'm trying Viz. It is very clunky, but it also sort of works. Plus, it feels sort of fun.

As for Skuld, I just don't like the subs I need to run. I have blue saber (who is fine), but then I'm forced to use Tardis and Revo Gabriel in addition to mel.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
What is the actual HP breakpoint for AA2? I've only beaten it the once and that was with Fatalis and that team has gobs of HP. I've been thinking about trying it again with Ryu/D.Karin. It works better than I expected and I can just get about 150k effective HP if I'm trying Viz. It is very clunky, but it also sort of works. Plus, it feels sort of fun.

As for Skuld, I just don't like the subs I need to run. I have blue saber (who is fine), but then I'm forced to use Tardis and Revo Gabriel in addition to mel.
The biggest preemptive hit is Goemon's at ~162k. Skuld has a shield so she can work with less but I prefer to go over that threshold whenever possible. You'd want to pop Karin's shield before the Goemon floor.

I really think sub choice is Skuld's biggest problem. I may be missing some vital choices but I don't know. Like on my team revo Sarasvati could be anything. I just wanted someone with decent stats and a short cooldown to hold Jhoira for awaken bind clearing.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
Beach Veroah looks crazy, probably too orb hungry for most things, but having a +6 combo when activating is nuts. There'll be some interesting farm teams made with her.

I hope the new b&j evo is good.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
Beach Veroah looks crazy, probably too orb hungry for most things, but having a +6 combo when activating is nuts. There'll be some interesting farm teams made with her.

I hope the new b&j evo is good.

I feel like they are aware when people have a large quantity of an older chase rare and will, thus, offer no significant buffs to such cards. Moreover, with the added higher rarity, I would expect most units under that rarity to be underwhelming generally. I'd be happy to be surprised. I will say, outside of stat buffs, I'm not sure what they can do for her other than just upping leader damage and/or changing her awakenings. Notably, I feel like damage is the major issue she has as a lead, so who knows?

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, with a new chase card I doubt the buff will be significant. Rumor has it they get a vdp awakening over one of the killers. If they bump the damage multiplier up a bit as well, might be good again.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, with a new chase card I doubt the buff will be significant. Rumor has it they get a vdp awakening over one of the killers. If they bump the damage multiplier up a bit as well, might be good again.

Whelp, happy to be proved wrong about that. B&J just got nearly everything they ever wanted. It is unclear if you really need a dedicated healer or not, but 4/256/4 without the need to combo on VDP turns is pretty spicy overall. I wonder if this makes quad-7c dragon guy worth trying again--his active is certainly useful and the VDP form seems less necessary with Blue Saber floating around.

Glad I saved a few. It is an interesting collab, with several desireable cards but nothing too broken overall.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited for the beach buffs because nothing I saw means I want to roll. I got what I needed last go so hurray for buffs!

I'm playing around with the FF characters. Some highlights:
Yuna is potentially OP. She has a small RCV problem unless you bring an RCV stick or a kuro loop (aeris and/or viz make good holders) and VDP is potentially problematic. If you can overcome that her damage is bonkers (400x at 10c) and her HP +shield active means she can face tank anything that isn't a kill shot.

Lightning's Crystal form is Ideal's active with equippable resists which is nuts. Her leaderskill is also buff but missing a shield/RCV component so that could be a problem.

Noctis got completely revamped. His base form is a better version of his old evo form (4/256/4 match 4 lead) and his evo form is a stupidly strong dark sub. His leaderskill is weak (4/64/4) but his awakenings make up a lot of that lost ground. I wouldn't lead with evo Noc but as a sub he's insane.

Seph got a big boost (1/441/9) the shield is the weaker style (43.75% for a pair) but with a shield active on top of that (Al Elric equip for example) he should be viable for endgame. Adding Physical types to his sub pool also means he gets more HP than he normally would have had access to. I wonder if he'd make more sense pairing with a 7x6 lead with an HP buff and/or a bigger shield.

There's other stuff but I'm still digging into it.

itwasTuesday

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Yay bj is back.
I played around with Cloud leader buff and mega viz last night. Great pair, but I need a big flashing alert to touch viz every single turn. Ha.
Fist 1-turn besides a bean.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Wow crazy BJ buff. Glad I have her on both accounts. Needing to match and activate multiplier for the 4x receive makes it tough to stall though.

bjork

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, some of those FF buffs seem really great. I had a good number of those characters on my old account, now I kinda regret giving it away, heheh.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
My alt was really unlucky only 4 6* in 34 pulls, waaaay below the rate. My main got 4 6* in 12 pulls.

Got the skin on my alt and Squall on both alt and main (not sure why he is a "banner" unit).

Alt got Balthier x2, Aerith, Tifa
Main got Cecil, Sephiroth, Tifa, Balthier

Probably going to trade the Balhiers and Tifas in, what's a good trade target for this collab?

edit: should clarify I don't really need a lead right now but I run mostly D.Meta, D.Zeta, D.Karin, and could always bolster my subs. On my main the other lead I have is K.Zela but I also have B.Zela in my main as a viable sub. Both accounts both have B&J.

Last edited:

Dr_LawyerCop

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
In 6 rolls I got 3 clouds and Thancred (the orb skin). Cloud is good right? My alts has one forever but I never really messed around with it. Any team building tips?

Edit: Up to 4 clouds and another dupe Seph (3rd). Think I might need to trade in for something unless a cloud system is worth it.

Last edited:

Kwhit10

Oct 27, 2017
Last time this came I didn't get a single 6*. This time was better, 2x lightening, Tifa, sephiroth, and balthier. Was hoping for aerith though. Maybe I'll do a trade.