• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
NA's definitely been catching up pretty well lately. Do we have Yu-Gi-Oh spoilers? I haven't seen any info but I've been flat out at work so not a lot of time to check up on things...

I'm going to push for Knight Kisaragi in the GH collab so I'm not sure I'll have any stones left for YGO if/when we get it.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
NA's definitely been catching up pretty well lately. Do we have Yu-Gi-Oh spoilers? I haven't seen any info but I've been flat out at work so not a lot of time to check up on things...

I'm going to push for Knight Kisaragi in the GH collab so I'm not sure I'll have any stones left for YGO if/when we get it.

I have knight on my alt and he's such a good card. Kind of wish I traded for him instead of Bradamante on my main. I mean she's good too, I just think knight is more versatile.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
So uh...we're getting Kamen Rider collab. Not sure where my hype levels should be but I'm excited because this opens the door for other previously JP exclusive collabs to come here.

jiggle

Dec 23, 2017
Yu-Gi-Oh looking really good
From the quick glance, looks like better version of Ina and beach veroah?

Yog is an even more amazing sub now

New color for the 5 witches as expected

Last edited:

jiggle

Dec 23, 2017
Ok
Yugi is kinda disappointing lead
Just not enough SB from his already restricted sub pool
And also a bummer to have him but not Hiei

Saito is the real star
NA will finally get a Coco Felkena option to go with Minaka

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Did a single pull on the Super Godfest.
Pulled the new Fagan that can evolve mid battle...am i right thinking that he is only useful/usable in coop ?

Dr_LawyerCop

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Pulled the new Fagan that can evolve mid battle...am i right thinking that he is only useful/usable in coop ?

People use him in single player I think but the team building requirements seem very strict and probably not worth the effort depending on the dungeon. You can use your coin to get Zaerog-core now if you haven't yet. He's pretty cool. I'm using him on Ranger Slayer but I'd like to look into him as a lead.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
People use him in single player I think but the team building requirements seem very strict and probably not worth the effort depending on the dungeon. You can use your coin to get Zaerog-core now if you haven't yet. He's pretty cool. I'm using him on Ranger Slayer but I'd like to look into him as a lead.

Yeah he's great on my alts orphen team and now I finally gave a place for Roche. I haven't tried him as a lead yet.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Minaka worth trading for on at least one of my accounts? I pulled horribly on my main, one trade-able GFE in 13 pulls while my alt got 5 in 10 pulls. I probably don't need her on my main.

My Alt's best leads are D Meta, Tifa, B&J, Zeta, Karin, Green Ranger and I already have some key subs like Knight that I won't need to trade for next GungHo Collab.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Minaka worth trading for on at least one of my accounts? I pulled horribly on my main, one trade-able GFE in 13 pulls while my alt got 5 in 10 pulls. I probably don't need her on my main.

My Alt's best leads are D Meta, Tifa, B&J, Zeta, Karin, Green Ranger and I already have some key subs like Knight that I won't need to trade for next GungHo Collab.
Probably not unless you want a change of scenery. I've been playing her paired with Velkhana and I'm having fun but the lack of auto FUA from a water Haohmaru occasionally makes me miss it. Assuming you can pair Tifa with someone and have a decent sub pool Minaka doesn't open any content you couldn't already clear with Tifa. Also in my experience it's been hard to find Velkhana friends up to pair with. Save your trade bait for the next level of powercreep.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Is having three minaka worth it? I drew three 7* from orchestra and all three were Minaka. I can see two with my subs (blue dragons that create blue orbs) but is that assist worth it?

And if it's not worth it is phenom still good?

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Team building for single player fagan teams are tight. My team is Valeria, school Orochi, Avalon Drake UVO, whaledor, and an assist with a skill boost (puts me 1 away which is either a friend Fagan with skill boost assist for 3P OR the skill boost badge).

I think the only real options I can think of is maybe ilmina instead of one of them. And even then Avalon and school orochi are practically staples due to colors for Fagan's five attribute deal

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Probably not unless you want a change of scenery. I've been playing her paired with Velkhana and I'm having fun but the lack of auto FUA from a water Haohmaru occasionally makes me miss it. Assuming you can pair Tifa with someone and have a decent sub pool Minaka doesn't open any content you couldn't already clear with Tifa. Also in my experience it's been hard to find Velkhana friends up to pair with. Save your trade bait for the next level of powercreep.

Thanks, I'll save up.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Anything good in this collab? I remember one of the Kamen Rider (black?) was top tier at one point but guessing that is no longer true?

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Anything good in this collab? I remember one of the Kamen Rider (black?) was top tier at one point but guessing that is no longer true?
Not really. There's some fun cards.
Faiz, as noted, can be super useful as a 2 turn fujin means you handle Mathena into Awoken Durga with one active instead of having to stall.
Super is neat if you can field a team. The problem is his best sub is JP only (Kamui in Rikuu costume from Gintama).
Black RX is still really strong and very versatile but about on par with Green Ranger. Not meta shaking but still a good pull if you get lucky.
Momotaros would be good on a ranger slayer team.
Ryuki could be good for farming but red has so many farm options now. His equip is really nice though.

The equips are almost all great to have but the odds of getting the good stuff is kinda slim. I picked up all the bundles cause I'm a sucker for orb skins and rolled those stones only. I missed a couple 5*'s and only picked up two 6*'s. I'd say it's not worth rolling but the $2 pack isn't a terrible deal, especially if you're on android and do the google surveys for play credit.

The medal farmable is worth it though so I'd grind it out if you can.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
I hate double replying but I'm curious about Rider Super-1 team building. He seems like a fun challenge and the idea of a constantly evolving active skill is really cool. I like building teams assuming they'll be dealing with the worst of the worst (Goemon's pre-emptive, Nyx's grav+ smack, fujin BS, etc) so I want counters to that too.

The trick is getting him online turn 1 with my box.
So goals:
1) Get a team of attackers (ideally red main) with enough SB to go online turn 1, attackers aren't required for the damage multiplier but they are for the HP. If we can get enough HP with their built in shield we can probably afford to drop 1 attacker for a utility sub
2) cover the usual dungeon BS (FUA, VDP, BS Resists, Cloud + tape)
3) Solve the RCV and TE problems

My initial plan was
Super-1 | SB equip (red shelling ford would be ideal i think followed by Lina Inverse Equip then Fagan Rai equip otherwise whatever you got)
Rikuu 5sb too good to pass up | Blind res (Bonta-kun)
Evo Lina inverse | Tape res
Mega Rodin | Poison Res (Rathian, King Bradley, etc)
Red Cotton | Aerith Equip
Super-1 | TE equip or RCV inherit (Valeria, Asuna sword, etc)

One SB equip and we're online turn 1. Adjust super awokens to taste. Rikuu should be unbindable and don't let the inherit come up, Lina should have jammer block. TE will be tight I think and RCV could be a problem even with the shield f

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
pulled five times on Kamen Rider so far:
Kuuga
Den-O
EX-AID
Poppy
Kuuga
Kuuga

so... now what? still a bunch of 5* in there, but I HATE getting the exact same 5* so many times already. Not even really sure what I want out of here.

I don't think I have a red leader (Most recent red cards of any note are Lina-Inverse and Omega (Dark))
Got Zkitty, so not sure green Kamen 6* or the green Black DX are as useful as they could be.
Falz is nice, but when I have Raizer to inherit (even off color) I kinda already have this covered.
I can't think of a any cards that help out tifa x whover.

I guess I wouldn't be upset at Black DX or Super-1, but I'm not sure the long odds at getting those are worth pulling more for.

Dr_LawyerCop

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
My alt pulled Fagan, so I was messing around with teams and ended up pairing him with my mains Zaerog with a 7x6 leaderswap and Fagan's change both up on floor 1. It was pretty fun. Going to see if I can clear some stuff with it. I don't self co-op much but this has gotten me a bit more interested.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Got Rider 1 & 2 on my main and Zero One on my alt, didn't do any extra pulls on my main but got quite a few of the 5* on my alt for the equips. Some seem pretty useful.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
My alt's free pull was Kamen Black lol. not sure what I'll do with him, probably box cheerleader since my alt's primary purpose is to support my stupid lead teams I can't self-pair with anyway.

Zippedpinhead I can tell you Super-1 isn't "worth" it. It's a fun team to play with a unique mechanic but unless you're looking for that very specific thing, it's just not worth it. I will say paired with Revo Xiahou Dun for a 7x6 board makes for an interesting dynamic. Again, not meta breaking but you solve the RCV issue and the double shield means you're reasonably tanky depending on subs/inherits. The problem is getting all of Dun's colors can be a problem some times even with the 7x6. When you need to VDP and FUA while squeezing in a green and dark match off one active isn't the easiest thing to pull off consistently.

Likewise on 6x5 with paired leads hitting VDP + FUA + 7-8 combos on a burst is a bit tricky too.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Zippedpinhead I can tell you Super-1 isn't "worth" it. It's a fun team to play with a unique mechanic but unless you're looking for that very specific thing, it's just not worth it. I will say paired with Revo Xiahou Dun for a 7x6 board makes for an interesting dynamic. Again, not meta breaking but you solve the RCV issue and the double shield means you're reasonably tanky depending on subs/inherits. The problem is getting all of Dun's colors can be a problem some times even with the 7x6. When you need to VDP and FUA while squeezing in a green and dark match off one active isn't the easiest thing to pull off consistently.
bought one of the collab skins, give you a wild guess which diamond I got... yeah Super-1... Ryuki (which was a nice 5* pull) and my fourth Kuuga

I think I'm done with the collab, another Ryuki would be nice but not nice enough for more money or more stones.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
bought one of the collab skins, give you a wild guess which diamond I got... yeah Super-1... Ryuki (which was a nice 5* pull) and my fourth Kuuga

I think I'm done with the collab, another Ryuki would be nice but not nice enough for more money or more stones.
Bummer. Like I said, he's not bad, and it's a cool mechanic but team building is tough and his equip is only situationally useful. I've been playing with him for my Collab runs for fun and it's neat going through the different forms. I just wish we had a 5 SB attacker sub to use. Ilmina is close and not the worst choice but you're already tight on SBR to start (only 4 until you transform) that losing 1 more feels risky for going blind into a dungeon.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
New evos out for the Celtic God series. Each one has a full block of some status thing. RBG versions actives are unlock + full awoken bind clear + tri color board change. Lugh's active isn't dead weight anymore if there's no Damage Absorb spawn, Arianrhod is now a 100% shield for 1 turn.

Aife and Brigid still look to be the prizes (with Lugh if you need a fujin-like), but getting relatively easy access to full poison/jammer/blind resist on one card is still really useful. It's a shame their weighted stats are better, but gotta save something for the reincarnated evos I guess.

jiggle

Dec 23, 2017
They actually gave Yugi a substantial buff
I'm tempted to trade for one on my main now lol

Also, the players-voted buff recipients are kinda stupid
Only the topmost cards get voted in
And NA players have no say in it

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
They actually gave Yugi a substantial buff
I'm tempted to trade for one on my main now lol

Also, the players-voted buff recipients are kinda stupid
Only the topmost cards get voted in
And NA players have no say in it
That was something. I'm actually good with the Yugi buffs. I figure the main protag in a collab should be some kind of OP.

Players who vote are likely the hardcore who have spent a non-trivial amount to get the best units so it makes sense those would get buffed. It sucks for us though. It does make YGO a much more appealing collab for me so there's that at least.

The NY buffs aren't going to make me roll.
for anyone curious they're here: https://pad.protic.site/survey-1-results-ny-gacha-buffs/

jiggle

Dec 23, 2017
Hate the RNG!
Rolled over 30 times and no Yugi(not one 7*)
Ended up trading
Meanwhile my alt got multiples while rolling for bakura(the new poison meta is soooo good!)

Players who vote are likely the hardcore who have spent a non-trivial amount to get the best units so it makes sense those would get buffed. It sucks for us though. It does make YGO a much more appealing collab for me so there's that at least.
It works out great for gung ho I'm sure
Esp when yugi is so OP
That new years reeche though...lol

Last edited:

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
OK, I keep rolling this dumb machine and it keeps giving me Zero-Ones. I have three. And a Ex-Aid. Should I be trading for something else? I have no clue what I am doing with this game at the moment.

jiggle

Dec 23, 2017
OK, I keep rolling this dumb machine and it keeps giving me Zero-Ones. I have three. And a Ex-Aid. Should I be trading for something else? I have no clue what I am doing with this game at the moment.
There really isn't anything particularly outstanding to aim for in this machine tbh
Save your money/stones for yugioh
That's gonna be a big one

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah YGO is a bonkers machine (that hates my JP account) and provides enough novelty to shake up the meta and teambuilding to really get me interested. I'm really hoping we get that.

Also is anyone interested in PAD Gold? It comes out tomorrow on Switch. Looks Touchscreen only which is presenting some real problems showing the game off. That might explain the lack of videos/trailers beyond the one they launched. It's a shame because I think the vs stuff could be fun streamed.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Also is anyone interested in PAD Gold? It comes out tomorrow on Switch. Looks Touchscreen only which is presenting some real problems showing the game off. That might explain the lack of videos/trailers beyond the one they launched. It's a shame because I think the vs stuff could be fun streamed.

Seems like it could be fun as a stand-alone experience but with no IAP I imagine it'll be a once through type of thing and then the online mode would get stale without ongoing support (i.e. shaking up whatever meta forms)?

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like it could be fun as a stand-alone experience but with no IAP I imagine it'll be a once through type of thing and then the online mode would get stale without ongoing support (i.e. shaking up whatever meta forms)?
I agree. If it doesn't see much uptake I can imagine Gung Ho abandoning it. On the off chance it hits I could see them continuing to improve it, release new units, or add orb skin DLC. But the inability to throw up tutorial vids, stream vs mode, or anything else that gets a game some viral love is going to hurt it I think.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
I agree. If it doesn't see much uptake I can imagine Gung Ho abandoning it. On the off chance it hits I could see them continuing to improve it, release new units, or add orb skin DLC. But the inability to throw up tutorial vids, stream vs mode, or anything else that gets a game some viral love is going to hurt it I think.
PAD gold has me interested, but when PAD Z dropped on 3DS it was so far behind the "meta" that going back to that level of gameplay hurt. Over seven years I have gradually trained my brain to do x patterns in Y seconds and now it wants A patterns in the OG 5 seconds... I just couldn't fly.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
NY Buffs are live. I'll be doing whatever free rolls they give us and grab the orb skin because I'm a sucker for those (still missing Nyx and Zeal skins but I got everything else...)

Monster Exchange options

If you have plenty of dupes, Yomi is definitely worth it. Reeche can be worth it if you have her team, like the rainbow playstyle, and can use an active to cancel Void Damage shields. IME trying to VDP + rainbow even with 4 colors is a nightmare especially since hearts aren't included in the activation requirements. It's not impossible but it's also not easy to reliably generate either.

The medal exchange equip looks to be worth it. 6 turn dark immunity and +2 secs on an equip is nice. It'd be a must have with a resist of some kind but even without it's still a good get.

EDIT:
Toragon is free via mail for PAD gold's release
3 Black Medals gets you Ultra New Dragon Toragon

Ultra Toragon has absolutely INSANE damage potential. 4 colors = 4x ATK and +2 combos, then for every cross you get 2x (hearts don't work) ATK. I'm looking for a complimentary 7x6 that provides some level of defense but I'm not having much luck, Nakoruru is pretty much it so far, Tifa could work too I suppose.

For reference a 3 cross 4 color solve does more damage than Amen (with paired leads). With a Hao-like active you can blow up pretty much anything. The downside is zero tank. No HP multi, no shield, it's just raw damage.

Last edited:

Quantum

Oct 25, 2017
I played the switch version for a little bit - did one of the stories and played a bit of the multiplayer pvp.

the story missions were extremely easy if you have played for awhile - the pvp - well - I got destroyed.

of note it states finding someone of your skill level - not sure if the story can bias the pvp but I was teamed against some really good players that were using leads not available to me.

one match I played versus someone using red myr - the animation was amazing but I don't see how to obtain non-listed leads.

overall I don't think I'll be playing much of the switch version although I heard there is a challenge mode after completing both stories - so I'll definitely check that out.

jiggle

Dec 23, 2017
So Yugi with Bakura are legit OP and worth saving stones for, or trade
Actually this whole machine was just filled with goodies
But Bakura in particular
Oof
100x personal atk with just a poison and blob match

Decided to finally attempt aa
And aa2 aa3 and training arena 2 went down with it

Aa3 was not fun though
I had no way to remove heal debuff and barrage of awoken binds
Just barely surviving
Did get the trophy drop so I never have to do it again
FE06-A062-08-C5-4631-B6-A6-F97-DFFB5-C2-D9.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
I played the switch version for a little bit - did one of the stories and played a bit of the multiplayer pvp.

the story missions were extremely easy if you have played for awhile - the pvp - well - I got destroyed.

of note it states finding someone of your skill level - not sure if the story can bias the pvp but I was teamed against some really good players that were using leads not available to me.

one match I played versus someone using red myr - the animation was amazing but I don't see how to obtain non-listed leads.

overall I don't think I'll be playing much of the switch version although I heard there is a challenge mode after completing both stories - so I'll definitely check that out.
I played PAD Gold as well. The "Story" is really really short. I finished all of it before their stream ended. The challenge mode is just you playing against other preconstructed teams in a fighting game "vs mode" type setting against the AI, you get 50 rainbow orbs for a win, not sure on a loss. The big draws to the game are PVP and team building. You play PVP to earn Rainbow Orbs which you can use to either pull on the Rare Egg Machine (100 per pull) or buy preconstructed teams (unlocking the lead and all subs for use in custom teams).

Game play is split into two phases, the skill phase and the puzzle phase. In the skill phase you use actives much like we do in the mobile version. The order skills are resolved is determined by monster rarity. Lower rarity triggers first, ties are random. The puzzle phase is the same as it is now and it feels really smooth. I prefer the puzzling on my switch to the mobile version TBH. Each player has 4 life bars. Once all four are depleted you lose. If no one loses after 8 rounds then the tiebreaker is determined by avg combo + damage dealt so there's always a winner (unless you can tie the tiebreaker?). Winner gets 100 orbs and more player XP, loser gets 50 orbs and less player XP. You can use either the prefab teams or your own. You also get 100 orbs per rank up.

It's fun and it'll keep me busy for a while. Just remember the monsters in Gold aren't always 1 to 1 with the mobile game. Awakenings, actives, and leaderskills can be different.

So Yugi with Bakura are legit OP and worth saving stones for, or trade
Actually this whole machine was just filled with goodies
But Bakura in particular
Oof
100x personal atk with just a poison and blob match

Decided to finally attempt aa
And aa2 aa3 and training arena 2 went down with it

Aa3 was not fun though
I had no way to remove heal debuff and barrage of awoken binds
Just barely surviving
Did get the trophy drop so I never have to do it again
FE06-A062-08-C5-4631-B6-A6-F97-DFFB5-C2-D9.jpg
Congrats! I'm still working on AA3 but all these collabs, events, and medal farming is draining my stam so I never have enough to throw away at attempts to learn it.

Last edited:

Aquinos

Oct 27, 2017
Returning player from some years ago. I was unable to retrieve my account, so a fresh start and so much has changed. Two questions.

1. Should I hold onto my stones or spend on the current event? I remember there used to be Godfests with higher chances, I think?
2. My free pulls were Kamen Rider Ryuki, Osechi Party Fox, Mitsuki, and Ma Chao. Do any of these make good leaders long term?

Thanks in advance

Dr_LawyerCop

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Returning player from some years ago. I was unable to retrieve my account, so a fresh start and so much has changed. Two questions.

1. Should I hold onto my stones or spend on the current event? I remember there used to be Godfests with higher chances, I think?
2. My free pulls were Kamen Rider Ryuki, Osechi Party Fox, Mitsuki, and Ma Chao. Do any of these make good leaders long term?

Thanks in advance

1) We still get super godfests that are 10 stones but usually have good rates. Hold your stones until a better event is available. New Years kinda sucks and I don't think Kaman is great (especially for a new player).

2) Don't think any of those will be long term leaders. But mess around with them and pair with other leaders that might have synergy until you roll something better.

jiggle

Dec 23, 2017
I played PAD Gold as well. The "Story" is really really short. I finished all of it before their stream ended. The challenge mode is just you playing against other preconstructed teams in a fighting game "vs mode" type setting against the AI, you get 50 rainbow orbs for a win, not sure on a loss. The big draws to the game are PVP and team building. You play PVP to earn Rainbow Orbs which you can use to either pull on the Rare Egg Machine (100 per pull) or buy preconstructed teams (unlocking the lead and all subs for use in custom teams).

Game play is split into two phases, the skill phase and the puzzle phase. In the skill phase you use actives much like we do in the mobile version. The order skills are resolved is determined by monster rarity. Lower rarity triggers first, ties are random. The puzzle phase is the same as it is now and it feels really smooth. I prefer the puzzling on my switch to the mobile version TBH. Each player has 4 life bars. Once all four are depleted you lose. If no one loses after 8 rounds then the tiebreaker is determined by avg combo + damage dealt so there's always a winner (unless you can tie the tiebreaker?). Winner gets 100 orbs and more player XP, loser gets 50 orbs and less player XP. You can use either the prefab teams or your own. You also get 100 orbs per rank up.

It's fun and it'll keep me busy for a while. Just remember the monsters in Gold aren't always 1 to 1 with the mobile game. Awakenings, actives, and leaderskills can be different.

Congrats! I'm still working on AA3 but all these collabs, events, and medal farming is draining my stam so I never have enough to throw away at attempts to learn it.

Thanks
I just got sick of medal farming and didn't want the stamina go to waste haha

Thanks in advance
Those are pretty junk rolls tbh
If you have the patience, reroll and aim for kamenRider black and or new years reeche with your free rolls
You also get an exchange medal in the mail that can be trade for a good lead

Then sit tight on ALL your stones because gung ho collab and Yu-Gi-Oh collab are coming

Now is a pretty awkward time to start cuz it's sandwiched between good machines so you missed out on the opportunity to reroll for really good leads
However, you get to save up lots of stones when their time comes

Last edited: