• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone has been saying wait for gung-ho Collab, but is this one going to get some sort of super OP new card? Or is it just a really high value rem?

Yu-Gi-Oh is an easy sell though. Veteran or newbie alike should be hoarding

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Large update is apparently incoming according to PAD's facebook page. Hoping for Story Mode soon?

Gung Ho Collab is just a really high value collab. All the diamonds are useful and some are team defining. YuGiOh is also absurd so I'll probably trade for what I want in GungHo Collab and roll my hoard on YuGiOh.

jiggle

Dec 23, 2017
Everyone has been saying wait for gung-ho Collab, but is this one going to get some sort of super OP new card? Or is it just a really high value rem?

Yu-Gi-Oh is an easy sell though. Veteran or newbie alike should be hoarding

It has value for new or returning players
For long time players, it's not as good because of the re-inclusion of gold eggs

But ya, personally I would go all in with yugioh

Aquinos

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the info. Re rolled a few times but nothing good. I'll save my stones for Yu-Gi-Oh and hope for better luck there.

feline fury

Dec 8, 2017
If you have plenty of dupes, Yomi is definitely worth it. Reeche can be worth it if you have her team, like the rainbow playstyle, and can use an active to cancel Void Damage shields. IME trying to VDP + rainbow even with 4 colors is a nightmare especially since hearts aren't included in the activation requirements. It's not impossible but it's also not easy to reliably generate either.
Got NY Artemis on my free roll and I'm able to swap her (and dupe GFEs) for NY Yomi. Does the awoken clear bind active make her that much better than Yuna?

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Got NY Artemis on my free roll and I'm able to swap her (and dupe GFEs) for NY Yomi. Does the awoken clear bind active make her that much better than Yuna?
No, her attributes are nice for filling out a rainbow option and she's unbindable by default. But i dont know that she's that much better than yuna to justify the trade. I did but only because there's been times i really wished I had her.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
traded for NY Reeche. just really satisfying, not quite Ultimate Toragon with four crosses satisfying but pretty satisfying.

and I like Rainbow attribute play for farming, its not easy as swipe but it keeps my brain working on how movement works.

Aquinos

Oct 27, 2017
I completely forgot about puzzledragonx.com and that I had an account there. I was able to get my name, id and I have screenshots of google purchases so I should hopefully get my old account back after all.

It's old though, not played in 5 years I think. Had a lot of Roman/Egyptian Gods. Not sure if older monsters still have a place, but it should provide the base of a quicker reintroduction to the game then starting fresh.

Dr_LawyerCop

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I completely forgot about puzzledragonx.com and that I had an account there. I was able to get my name, id and I have screenshots of google purchases so I should hopefully get my old account back after all.

It's old though, not played in 5 years I think. Had a lot of Roman/Egyptian Gods. Not sure if older monsters still have a place, but it should provide the base of a quicker reintroduction to the game then starting fresh.

Pantheons have been really devalued over the past few years, at least as leaders or subs on meta teams. Most of the best leads are from collabs or seasonal rems. Still, better than nothing. A 10-stone godfest is going on now if you want to try for something decent on your new account. Some of the GFE are still pretty strong.
When you started, did you get a coin looking thing in the mail (PAD appreciation medal)? I'm not sure if those were only given out during a certain time window. If you have one, you can exchange them for pretty decent units.

Aquinos

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks, I thought as much. Hopefully a good stepping stone into something better.

I did get a coin and spent it on Chosen War Goddess Valkyrie. I didn't realise I was getting a fully maxed character. Probably could have made a better choice there.

The game has so many special events going on, is this normal now or is it a new year thing? Lots to do while I wait for a good pull anyway.

Dr_LawyerCop

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks, I thought as much. Hopefully a good stepping stone into something better.

I did get a coin and spent it on Chosen War Goddess Valkyrie. I didn't realise I was getting a fully maxed character. Probably could have made a better choice there.

The game has so many special events going on, is this normal now or is it a new year thing? Lots to do while I wait for a good pull anyway.

That's probably what I would have chosen. She's a pretty strong lead, should really make a lot of the older stuff super easy. It seems like there's always at least some collab or seasonal rem going on, with sometime godfests happening during them. Sometimes the collab and seasonal overlap, so there's a lot of stuff to roll.

Quantum

Oct 25, 2017
traded for NY Reeche. just really satisfying, not quite Ultimate Toragon with four crosses satisfying but pretty satisfying.

and I like Rainbow attribute play for farming, its not easy as swipe but it keeps my brain working on how movement works.

I'm tempted to trade for NY reeche as well, I like the rainbow match teams - I'm just debating if its more of a side grade versus akine.

I have a really decent akine team right now and my alt was lucky enough to pull it as well. (akine/kanan/mega kali x 2/akuma)

very tempted.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Looking ahead there's two events I'd recommend saving stones/trade fodder for.
Gung Ho Collab is really strong, all the prize cards are super useful in base, evo, or equip form. I'm planning on getting Knight Kisaragi for my Tifa/Haoh team. Even older cards like Zeta and Karin are strong enough to consider pulling/trading for depending on your box.

To reiterate what jiggle said:
Yu Gi Oh. No guarantee we're getting it but I hope we do. Gung Ho NA has been really good about parity lately with collabs and the gap between content has shrunk by a considerable amount. If we do get it and you like the idea of a transforming leader, Yugi is stupid strong. 4x/324x/4x for devils is already OP but on top of that you IGNORE POISON DAMAGE. On top of that he has 4 VDP awakenings. The real challenge is team building. It just so happens his strongest sub is also in the collab in Yami Bakura. Their triple poison blessing awakenings mean personal damage with a VDP and a poison match is greater than 4 7c awakenings and you only need 2 matches to do it. Also they have 3x SB to help get Yugi transformed ASAP. This is obviously only the top end of the collab but even lower rarity stuff has some interesting cards worth grabbing for utility since everything has an equip form.

To me Yugioh is where I'd dump all my stones. There's no guarantee we're getting it, and even if we do no guarantee it'll come back. Gung Ho collab has a couple prizes but the lower rarity stuff is a bummer and we're definitely getting it again down the line.

I'd trade for what I wanted in GH collab and roll my ass off in YGO trading for whatever I didn't pull.

EDIT:
Maintenance Window is tonight at 6:00pm PST. I'm terrible with timezones. Just make sure to burn your stam before the update. There's been baseless speculation it's story mode which would be cool but I'm not getting my hopes up yet.

Last edited:

jiggle

Dec 23, 2017
What's ridiculous with yugi is they just made it even more broken by adding Nere, a god fes exclusive
With this pairing, you get 7x6 board, 4x/360x/4x WITH a shield, auto follow up attack, ignores poison, and two additional seconds of move time (with full blind resist from Bakura or diaochan)

And the yugioh machine pretty much gets you all the optimal subs for his team too, including assists

So hold on tight to the 100 stones from story mode :)

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
What's ridiculous with yugi is they just made it even more broken by adding Nere, a god fes exclusive
With this pairing, you get 7x6 board, 4x/360x/4x WITH a shield, auto follow up attack, ignores poison, and two additional seconds of move time (with full blind resist from Bakura or diaochan)

And the yugioh machine pretty much gets you all the optimal subs for his team too, including assists

So hold on tight to the 100 stones from story mode :)
Seriously!
I think this is going to be another Minaka-->Velkhana situation where there's going to be a glut of people trading for Yugi and desperately seeking Nere friends.

For anyone looking for trading PAD Protic has the info:

I'll be so bummed if we don't get this collab. It's a new mechanic, with power creep, that has interesting interactions which is pretty much the main reason I play the game.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Story Mode is live and the rewards match JP (100 Stones and RSonia special evo mats).

You can get an eighth latent slot on Super Reincarnated or Mega Evolved monsters now via a special monster. Available through the limited time challenge or the new Colosseum dungeon (Despharion is the boss).

Story takes 618 stam total, Colo is 200 stam/run solo or 100 stam coop.

Last edited:

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a bug with the damage multiplier display in dungeons? My HCotton was doing over 7000x with a row on Haoh/Tifa before this update but just now on the Extra Slot Challenge it showed she was doing over 185,000x with just a VDP because I messed up the row.

jiggle

Dec 23, 2017
Sherias Roots? Do you think that would work on Tifa X or NY Reeche teams. Maybe even minetaka X teams?

should work with a some stalling between CD?
I think I encountered like 3 spinner mobs before death lol

Is there a bug with the damage multiplier display in dungeons? My HCotton was doing over 7000x with a row on Haoh/Tifa before this update but just now on the Extra Slot Challenge it showed she was doing over 185,000x with just a VDP because I messed up the row.
Probably added vdp damage to the display

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
Probably added vdp damage to the display
Yeah, I think it was actually bugged before, or rather wasn't adding in ALL the damage buffs. I'm pretty sure VDP worked before but multipliers from enhanced orbs, enhanced orb awakenings, extra combos, and maybe even killers seem to be working now. It would be really cool if there was an option to show the damage calculation for each card from the last turn or something.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
They updated it so it shows all(?) applicable multipliers on a card.

Went through most of the story. It's about on par for what you'd expect but it's fun having something different in game.

I played around with Super Anubis. Super strong but glassy as hell. Worst case he makes a hell of a sub for Yugi. Best case is yet another place to use Zaerog Core.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't even know about the Story Mode - great addition.

Wonder how long it takes to get more difficult though lol.

winstein

Oct 28, 2017
Malaysia
Based on a review I found about Gold (for Switch), it's not a terribly packed game? The single player aspect in the 3DS games are great, so it's a bit disappointing to see it underdeveloped there.

How is the monster variety in Gold?

Thank you for reading.

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Based on a review I found about Gold (for Switch), it's not a terribly packed game? The single player aspect in the 3DS games are great, so it's a bit disappointing to see it underdeveloped there.

It's super underdeveloped. Essentially, it's a PVP-only game -- the "story" mode can be fully beaten in about an hour, and you can't even choose your team for those battles. I also loved the 3DS game, which is what brought me to Gold, but I urge you to save your money unless you love battling very experienced players online (provided you can find a match) with a totally different rule set than the 3DS game or regular P&D.

Speaking of, that's what brought me here. Loved P&D on 3DS, thought I'd get that experience on Switch with Gold, did not get that experience at all, and finally ended up downloading the mobile game. I'm not exaggerating when I say the current Story Dungeon in the free-to-play mobile game is far more robust than the Switch game.

jiggle

Dec 23, 2017
This 121 stones and the, likely, 100 in March should set up a nice little nest egg for Yu-Gi-Oh

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
It's super underdeveloped. Essentially, it's a PVP-only game -- the "story" mode can be fully beaten in about an hour, and you can't even choose your team for those battles. I also loved the 3DS game, which is what brought me to Gold, but I urge you to save your money unless you love battling very experienced players online (provided you can find a match) with a totally different rule set than the 3DS game or regular P&D.

Speaking of, that's what brought me here. Loved P&D on 3DS, thought I'd get that experience on Switch with Gold, did not get that experience at all, and finally ended up downloading the mobile game. I'm not exaggerating when I say the current Story Dungeon in the free-to-play mobile game is far more robust than the Switch game.
Spot on. There's plenty of monsters in the game but you need to grind to unlock them. The actual gameplay is fine, I really like it at least, but the wrapper around it is less than barebones. I'm actually ok with the PVP mode but I wish there was something more than the vs. AI stuff. I'm guessing dynamic AI where you could build their teams was out of scope for the project. Give me a Mortal Kombat style tower, or weekly challenges, or something to keep me interested. As it is now I can barely find PVP matches which is kind of this game's bread and butter.

MicH

Oct 25, 2017
Watched a video on the Switch game and got the itch to get back into this. Don't think I've played it in 5 years or so, so I'm completely out of touch. Still got my old account.

Anything I should know before I dive back in?

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Watched a video on the Switch game and got the itch to get back into this. Don't think I've played it in 5 years or so, so I'm completely out of touch. Still got my old account.

Anything I should know before I dive back in?
Try out story mode (it's a free 100+ stones with fixed teams) don't pull unless it is at minimum a super godfest, if you can hold on try and wait for a collab like Monster Hunter or YuGiOh,

oh and post your box and we can give tips!
Game is super fun and still very accessible

MicH

Oct 25, 2017
Try out story mode (it's a free 100+ stones with fixed teams) don't pull unless it is at minimum a super godfest, if you can hold on try and wait for a collab like Monster Hunter or YuGiOh,

oh and post your box and we can give tips!
Game is super fun and still very accessible
Thanks for the tips. I'll take a look at story mode.

Here's my box: https://imgur.com/gallery/CaKP89Z

Not sure there's anything useful there, it's all super ancient. So let me know if starting over would be better

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of the really old pantheon cards got new evolutions called "reincarnations", "Awoken" and then "mega Awoken". Like Anubis this past week.
You probably have a bunch of dungeons to try out as well. See how you do on some of the new dungeons.

I don't recommend pulling anymore in the New Years REM because the rates suck (and it is the only REM still with 4* pulls as far as I Know)

it can't hurt to wait until after the twitch stream tomorrow and for the next Collab/event

jiggle

Dec 23, 2017
Thanks for the tips. I'll take a look at story mode.

Here's my box: https://imgur.com/gallery/CaKP89Z

Not sure there's anything useful there, it's all super ancient. So let me know if starting over would be better

Unfortunately pantheons cards are pretty neglected these days
The new super reincarnated forms are pretty impossible to get materials for, without an already good team
Even then, they are still not that great
Kinda pointless actually
Freyja being the exception

Hoard stones for yugioh is the way to go
If possible, start a new account on a dif device and hoard stones on it
Never know which way the rng rolls
Depending on your luck and rerolls
You can get an entire endgame ready team from that collab

You can probably get over 300 stones by the time that collab hits

Last edited:

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
I missed the stream, but apparently yu-gi-oh is coming soon. Glad I've been saving stones.

Dr_LawyerCop

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I've hoarded more stones then ever for Yu-gi-oh. Going to suck when I don't roll him but I'm trading for him regardless. Nice to have something to look forward to again.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Sonia challenge is a nice stamina dump right now if you need it. basically free killers, pys, and super globes just watch out for Ronia Tama with 60 million HP.

I burned a few stones in Seasonal God Fest (you should probably not do this if Yugi is interesting to you), I did really well.
10 Rolls:
Wedding Scheat
Beach Escha
Shelling Ford
Kaede
Gremory
Yamato x2
Ishida
Akechi
Awoken AD Lucifer
Stopped when I pulled Shelling which is now making me consider NY Reeche since he's a huge part of a successful team with her. Still likely to skip her since I'm almost certainly trading for Yugi but it definitely makes the calculus a little harder.

EDIT: burned stones earmarked for YuGiOh on NY because I hate myself and wanted something nice out of this dumb machine. WAY to many pulls later I got Reeche so I can stop.

Thoughts on a team?
NY Reeche
Mega Viz - Bad skyfall wiper/active holder
Revo Diao Chan - full blind res and inherit base
Green and Red slot is up in the air.

For Green I was thinking Revo Vajrayaksa, Revo Maeda Keiji, Oden Gudetama (seriously), Bride Zela (need to do something about the active though), or Yang Guifei (nice board but garbage stats). If I flip light/green I could use wedding rushana, GCotton, or Valentine's Astaroth. Not a huge fan of most of those choices tbh.

For Red I was thinking either Aten, Wedding Panera, or Street Fighter Ryu. Color flipped there's Light Omega, Fate Rin, and NY Kami. I like my options better here. Light Omega is actually pretty buff. He can hold any active and the awakenings are great for the team but his RCV could be a liability.

I'm not sure how best to solve any RCV issues too.

EDIT2: I'm dumb, Orphen is a 7x6 board Balanced Type and solves her RCV problems in one shot. That makes her 2/171/4.5 with a ~43% shield

Means I can drop Viz for coverage and use something else to counter skyfall if necessary.

Last edited:

jiggle

Dec 23, 2017
For Red I was thinking either Aten, Wedding Panera, or Street Fighter Ryu. Color flipped there's Light Omega, Fate Rin, and NY Kami. I like my options better here. Light Omega is actually pretty buff. He can hold any active and the awakenings are great for the team but his RCV could be a liability.

I'm not sure how best to solve any RCV issues too.

EDIT2: I'm dumb, Orphen is a 7x6 board Balanced Type and solves her RCV problems in one shot. That makes her 2/171/4.5 with a ~43% shield

Means I can drop Viz for coverage and use something else to counter skyfall if necessary.
If you can take the HP hit, because she is off-type
Tea from yugioh makes a good rcv option
Fire sub-att
Comes with +40% team rcv and a built in tape resist too
Odds are good you will get her anyway
Slap a yuuki equip (from SAO)on her, or like diaochan, and you get +60%team rcv

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
If you can take the HP hit, because she is off-type
Tea from yugioh makes a good rcv option
Fire sub-att
Comes with +40% team rcv and a built in tape resist too
Odds are good you will get her anyway
Slap a yuuki equip (from SAO)on her, or like diaochan, and you get +60%team rcv
I'm not sure. I'm still playing with the team comp. Ideally I want to run all light main attribute but I'm starting to realize that probably isn't happening. Orphen was a fun pairing but honestly if I want to go that route I have better options that hit harder without handicapping myself. I'm looking at sticking with paired leads at the very least.

I'll try Yuuki equip since she's been a box cheerleader since I pulled her.

Edit: here's what im working with for now, friend ideally has a poison resist on reeche
Screenshot_20200128-112758_PAD.jpg
The equips are Light shelling ford, Asuna Sword, Rathian, Lightning Crystal, Megasword, and as I said ideally some form of poison res on Friend Reeche. If I can find a friend with 2x poison res on Reeche or a consistent Shelling Ford Equip friend I can put Yuuki on Rin. As it is now, Asuna sword's 3 turn 2x RCV has been really handy.

Last edited:

Dr_LawyerCop

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Don't they all have awful rates at this point, with the two exceptions being MH (if you only want resistance weapons) and FF?

I think this one is especially bad, since the 7* are 2.0% (where most are 2.5%) and there's only 3 of them, so the overall odds of getting a 7* is real bad. I think that's a little offset by the lower tier stuff being more useful than normal, but whaling for Yugi will hurt. But it makes the 7* bundle more appealing since you have a 1/3 shot. I'm rolling all my stones but I'm planning on trading for him if I don't get him.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
I'll probably buy the 7* bundle too, if Yugi is as good as everyone says he is. 5 7* GFE is such a high trade burden though I did just pull my fourth Kyuri...