• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I pulled quite a bit because of the bad rates on Yugi. I saved up 15 pulls on each account for when it comes but I'm assuming I'll be trading for the main prize.

Didn't get anything to write home about on my main but my alt got Blujin which is always welcome.

jiggle

Dec 23, 2017
Now that we have the dates for yugioh
Just thought I'd share my jumbo of thoughts on the cards in relationship with yugi
Yugi needs at least a total of 20 skill boosts (achieved through SB, assist, delay or haste), 3 additional skill bind resist, cloud resist, tape resist and awoken bind removal
You can pretty much get everything from this one machine even if there are other better options

SSS tier:
5796.png
Yami Bakura http://puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=5796
The star of the collab imo
Just an absolute monster when it comes to damage and ease
Using himself as a weapon assist, he has a personal atk of 100x from a single blob+poison match
But normally a single dark row+poison is enough for him to destroy almost anything
And he has a crazy short 5 turn CD board changer on top of that
You will want multiples of him
At least two(1 as the assist)
3 is good(1 as assist)
Some yugi+faska pairing takes 4

SS tier:
5780.png
Yugi http://puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=5780
Bringing 4x/400x/4x as a lead is not what makes him so brokenly OP
Comes with auto follow up attack

Voids poison damage permanently
Has a short CD skill that makes orbs, voids damage absorb for two turns, and +2 combo for two turns
Besides being a good dps himself
Gets to use the best DPS in the game, Bakura, that comes with full blind resist
Pairs with the upcoming Nere/Faska for 7x6 board and shield
1st floor preemptives can really screw him up though
Weapn assist: Perfect weapon for yugi team that addresses three of his needs

A tier:
5810.png
winged dragon http://puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=5810
An essential sub for most yugi setups
Factoring her haste, she basically brings in 6 skill boosts
Transforms into a decent utility sub
You will probably need 2 of her but the more the merrier imo
5798.png
Dark magician http://puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=5798
A 7 skill boosts sub if you add 3 turn delays to his 4 skill boosts
The double vdp double 7c version is a really good dps alternate, if you can't get Bakura
Personally, I didn't love using him because he felt pretty useless after using his delay skill on the first turn
Weapon assist: Good if you don't have other SB assist. Also a good inherit for diaochan
5784.png
Seto http://puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=5784
Auto follow up attack solution for water that pairs with Minaka
Not as highly ranked as the likes of haomaru because his shield is HP based
Weapon assist: One of the best SB assist. Top 3 even
5790.png
Tea http://puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=5790
Good for team Yugi x Faska
Huge boost to team rcv and provides 4 skill boosts
Weapon assist - great cloud resist option with bonus SBR

B tier:
Yami http://puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=5787
Good assist I guess but I find tea Gardner version of cloud resist to be more useful

Dark magician girl http://puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=5803
Assist provides 1 much needed SBR. Good to slap on winged dragon
—————————————————————————
Non collab subs and assists
Diaochan - devil with 4 skill boosts. Removes awoken bind and -time extend. Great base for monster delay skills or bind/awoken bind removal skill.
Rikiuu assist - 1 skill boost and 1 skill bind resist
Kouryu assist - 1 skill boost and 1 cloud resist. Seems to be the most popular one right now
Shiki - 1 skill boost and l-lock

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the info jiggle I pulled 2 Bakura on JP but no Yugi so I'm not sure what I'd do with him. I wonder if the "ignore poison" mechanic becomes a meta or if they're sticking with the transformation mechanic.

Dr_LawyerCop

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Was not expecting Yugioh so soon but I am ready. Should have 28 rolls on both accounts. Going to be real hard not to just blow that at once instead of spacing out my disappointment.

jiggle

Dec 23, 2017
Thanks for the info jiggle I pulled 2 Bakura on JP but no Yugi so I'm not sure what I'd do with him. I wonder if the "ignore poison" mechanic becomes a meta or if they're sticking with the transformation mechanic.
He can actually work in any team that can out heal his poison or with like a kuroyuri system
So even without ignore poison meta, he can thrive under future tifa like leads

Right now he can be used under blujin x faska
Actually quite good
Blujin x blujin, not so much

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
He can actually work in any team that can out heal his poison or with like a kuroyuri system
So even without ignore poison meta, he can thrive under future tifa like leads

Right now he can probably work under blujin x faska
Not sure what else
Probably going to save my stones to pull for Nere or Faska then. I have the rest of Yugi x Nere just waiting.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
I have gone 8 runs without seeing a green sonia tama since I got my last blue Sonia Tama (which was still well behind when i completed the red sonia tama) . I need four more green sonia's to complete for the free pull.

Dr_LawyerCop

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I was waiting on red ones and ended up with 44 total clears. Had big stretches without any. My reward was a Wukong, a card that I desperately wanted like 4 years ago but can't think of a single use for now.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got my last green sonia tama, stopped at 47 total clears with a ton of gold coins left for tomorrows super/Piis.

Card was awoken Vitra, surprisingly my first Vitra after 7 years of playing...

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I surprisingly got my first Hathor on my main.

Edit: finally got the last green one on my alt, 49 runs, 41 on my main. My alt got kush, 1st one. It's a shame when you get cards that are basically worthless now that you really wanted in the past.

Last edited:

jiggle

Dec 23, 2017
How did everyone do?
Bupkis on my alt after 34 rolls
Got one on my main on the very last roll out of 17
Ew

kenji_sama

Nov 23, 2017
spent 200 stones and got Yugi, 2 Bakura, 2 Flying Dragon and 1 Dark mage and bunch of 5, 6 star cards. Is there any guide for Yugi team?

Dr_LawyerCop

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
How did everyone do?
Bupkis on my alt after 34 rolls
Got one on my main on the very last roll out of 17
Ew

I'm a little embarrassed by my luck in this one... in 17 rolls (including 2 free rolls) I got
Yugi
Yami Marik
Seto
Yami Bakura x 2
Dark Magician
Winged dragon
Kuriboh x 2

I have 12 rolls left but I might be done. Starting to look at team building, not sure if I'm missing anything key from the REM.

Haven't rolled much on my alt, but that account has a lot of trade fodder so I'm expecting to trade. Might just stop once I have key subs to save for that 7x6 GFE coming out.

jiggle

Dec 23, 2017
spent 200 stones and got Yugi, 2 Bakura, 2 Flying Dragon and 1 Dark mage and bunch of 5, 6 star cards. Is there any guide for Yugi team?

Team building for him is actually pretty simple, revolving around winged dragon
Most teams, from what I've seen, uses two
You need a total of 14 skill boosts upon entering a dungeon
Then use the dragon skill to add 6 turn haste immediately
Thus allowing you to transform Yugi on turn 1

So the basic template starts like this
Yugi - Bakura - Flex - dragon - dragon - Yugi

Assuming both yugi leaders have a skill boost equip
The flex spot needs to be a card with at least 3 skill boosts
Some good candidates are
Diaochan
Evo yugi
Genjuro
Bakura
Nergigante
Dark magician(using delay adds 3 turns allowing u to keep VDP super awakening)

Dark magician makes team building more interesting because ,as an equip, he technically adds 4 skill boosts to any monster
So if you put him on like Diaochan, you can actually replace one of the winged dragon with something else.

Two bakura presents a dilemma though. While a second bakura is great in the flex slot, they are both only getting a personal atk multiplier of 50x. Where as 1 bakura with bakura equip gets 100x atk.

I'm a little embarrassed by my luck in this one... in 17 rolls (including 2 free rolls) I got
Yugi
Yami Marik
Seto
Yami Bakura x 2
Dark Magician
Winged dragon
Kuriboh x 2

I have 12 rolls left but I might be done. Starting to look at team building, not sure if I'm missing anything key from the REM.

Haven't rolled much on my alt, but that account has a lot of trade fodder so I'm expecting to trade. Might just stop once I have key subs to save for that 7x6 GFE coming out.

That's some good luck dannnnng :0
A second winged dragon may come in handy, since delay method with dark magician may not always work
But iono if he's worth rolling 10 stones for lol

Last edited:

Dr_LawyerCop

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
That's some good luck dannnnng :0
A second winged dragon may come in handy, since delay method with dark magician may not always work
But iono if he's worth rolling 10 stones for lol
Realized I wanted another winged dragon. Took 4 rolls and I also got a third bakura and another Seto. Just ridiculous. Going to play around with some teams.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty good luck today,

two winged dragons
Yugi (
Yami Bakura
Kuriboh
Mai
Two Gaia

current team has Yugi (Rikuu equip) Lajoa(Hanson equip), winged dragon( kuriboh equip) Yami (Hati equip) and M Bison (Rikuu equip)

potential improvements would depend on future rolls (dark magician equip on someone, second winged dragon instead of Lajoa, better usage of equips on better cards)

it's stupid fun not having to worry about poison orbs and just to make dark rows.

would a 7x6 leader make a good off-lead/personal helper? I was thinking Diablos, but a different option might be better

kenji_sama

Nov 23, 2017
Team building for him is actually pretty simple, revolving around winged dragon
Most teams, from what I've seen, uses two
You need a total of 14 skill boosts upon entering a dungeon
Then use the dragon skill to add 6 turn haste immediately
Thus allowing you to transform Yugi on turn 1

So the basic template starts like this
Yugi - Bakura - Flex - dragon - dragon - Yugi

Assuming both yugi leaders have a skill boost equip
The flex spot needs to be a card with at least 3 skill boosts
Some good candidates are
Diaochan
Evo yugi
Genjuro
Bakura
Nergigante
Dark magician(using delay adds 3 turns allowing u to keep VDP super awakening)

Dark magician makes team building more interesting because ,as an equip, he technically adds 4 skill boosts to any monster
So if you put him on like Diaochan, you can actually replace one of the winged dragon with something else.

Two bakura presents a dilemma though. While a second bakura is great in the flex slot, they are both only getting a personal atk multiplier of 50x. Where as 1 bakura with bakura equip gets 100x atk.
Wow, thanks so much for your amazing detailed post.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
My alt got Yugi and Seto 6* Yami in 17 pulls and my main got Yugi and Yami in 10 and then nada in 13 more.

My alt got a much more diverse 5/6* pool and my main got like 30 dragons it feels like.

jiggle can you elaborate on latents and desired assists (with maybe no collab alternatives since I didn't pull many)

My alt is going Yugi/Bakura/Winged/Diochan(magician)/??/Yugi

Last edited:

itwasTuesday

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Got Yogi on first roll felt good.

Yogi
Dark magician
Winged guardian
Gandora
Tea gardner
Seto kaiboa
Magical Elf
Dark magician girl

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Is Yugi totally broken in Co-Op since you don't need to stack as many SB? Since I rolled him I'm considering trading for dupes for either inherits or evo's for flex spots. I haven't traded GFE since Hello Kitty lol.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Grats itwasTuesday !

I'm looking at Yugi and trying to play around his weaknesses (orb hunger and SB requirements as far as I see).
I did pull 3 Bakura over 33 freaking pulls so I have that going for me. I converted one to equip form. Currently considering double winged dragon. I'm not a fan of relying on delay for pseudo SB in case I need to delay an immune monster.

I played around with the Yugi, Bakurax2, Winged Dragonx2 Yugi team and it's super strong but I'm not entirely happy with it, might just be due to needing to skill up Bakura though. I feel short on orbs a lot. As a result I think Nergigante is a good option. Realistically I'm doing a billion+ damage with Bakura with equip alone so I can probably just use flex subs for the rest of the team. Winged Dragons are still nice because the Magician actives are solid for the team, even though they'll occasionally eat poison orbs. For equips I'm running with jammer immunity, tape res, and cloud res.

Looking at running something like this:
Yugi --> Shirou Sword Equip
Bakura --> Bakura Card --> Tape Res Super awakening
Nergigante --> Yami Marik Equip --> Skill Boost Super Awakening
Winged Dragon --> Light Shelling Ford Card
Winged Dragon --> Mystical Elf Equip
Yugi --> Whatever my friend has.

This makes me immune to poison, jammer, blind, cloud, tape, gives me 1 more SB than needed so I can run HP+ or SBR badge. Orb enhance for a little extra push, 3 answers to VDP (2x Yugi and Shelling ford), an on demand heal+awoken bind clear. RCV debuff is an issue and I don't have a good answer for it off the top of my head though.

EDIT: Just noticed I'm short SBR
If I can find a friend with Yugi equip and swap Mystical Elf with Téa equip I should be ok with SBR badge for dungeons with Skill Bind floor 1

Last edited:

jiggle

Dec 23, 2017
jiggle can you elaborate on latents and desired assists (with maybe no collab alternatives since I didn't pull many)

My alt is going Yugi/Bakura/Winged/Diochan(magician)/??/Yugi

Skill delay resists for everyone
Don't want 1st floor preemptive delay to screw over you
Diaochan and dragons should get 5-6
Yugi, I've seen 2-6
Someone needs to have 1 single dark damage resist
Other than that, just devil killers for a5, aa3
And maybe machine killers for colosseum 2?

For assists
Bakura should get himself, if you have an extra

Two additional skill bind resists(since diaochan and the two yugi leads already come with 3):
Tea Gardner equip comes with one, as well as cloud resist
Magician girl equip also comes with one and dark row enhance
Kuriboh comes with two and l-unlock
Non collab Rikuu comes with one and skill boost if you got him

Cloud resist
The previously mentioned Tea
Non collab Kouryu (this is a really popular one because it comes with a skill boost and +10% hp)
Kament collab had a water one with it

Unfortunately dupe yugi is the only tape resist in this collab
And the upcoming gung-ho collab pal machine has one
Can't remember what else

Is Yugi worth trading for if you don't have Bakura?
I think so
Bakura is just a damage stick(a ginormous one) afterall
And Yugioh himself is a pretty big one
It's just way faster with bakura

Is Yugi totally broken in Co-Op since you don't need to stack as many SB? Since I rolled him I'm considering trading for dupes for either inherits or evo's for flex spots. I haven't traded GFE since Hello Kitty lol.
Good to co-op then lose connection
Otherwise bakura will be doing 60% less damage and you can't spam all the skills

Personally I need that 2extra seconds from the badge lol

Last edited:

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Skill delay resists for everyone
Don't want 1st floor preemptive delay to screw over you
Diaochan and dragons should get 5-6
Yugi, I've seen 2-6
Someone needs to have 1 single dark damage resist
Other than that, just devil killers for a5, aa3
And maybe machine killers for colosseum 2?

For assists
Bakura should get himself, if you have an extra

Two additional skill bind resists(since diaochan and the two yugi leads already come with 3):
Tea Gardner equip comes with one, as well as cloud resist
Magician girl equip also comes with one and dark row enhance
Kuriboh comes with two and l-unlock
Non collab Rikuu comes with one and skill boost if you got him

Cloud resist
The previously mentioned Tea
Non collab Kouryu (this is a really popular one because it comes with a skill boost and +10% hp)
Kament collab had a water one with it

Unfortunately dupe yugi is the only tape resist in this collab
And the upcoming gung-ho collab pal machine has one
Can't remember what else

Thank you, this is very helpful. Would Negrigante be a good equip for Yugi himself to make me a good friend or slap that on a sub?

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I think the Seto equip you got may be more popular
Just guessing though cuz that's one of my fav to pair with

K, will make that. I also have Akum which is on-color SB with gravity/damage absorption but high CD. Thoughts on that?

The good news is I'll be able to pair with my alt constantly so I can set the team up however I please. Also have Best Friends available on both my accounts if anyone is interested.

jiggle

Dec 23, 2017
K, will make that. I also have Akum which is on-color SB with gravity/damage absorption but high CD. Thoughts on that?

The good news is I'll be able to pair with my alt constantly so I can set the team up however I please. Also have Best Friends available on both my accounts if anyone is interested.
Akuma is good too haha cuz diaochan is vulnerable to bind

What's your ID? I need to add more friends

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
I'm thinking of putting a ryu equip on Yugi since it has 2 sbr and 2 team hp. Or would it be better to put something with a skill boost on yugi and put Ryu on a sub?

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
My alt is 374,949,408 which I'll either put Akuma or Seto equip on. I still need to set up latents.

My main is 387,034,407 which I'll either put Hera-Nyx equip (SB) or Yami Marik equip (SBR), may trade for another Yugi and equip himself.

or b33r Ryu sounds like a great equip totally forgot he's dark on his equip.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
Still pondering trading for Yugi

Would something like Yugi/Nergagante/Nergagante/Laoja/fortress dragon be a solid base for a Yugi team? With the correct SA, I can get to 18 functional skill boosts before assists, which seems pretty doable. I also should have 12 seconds with the TE badge. Also, the Nergs can keep dark skyfall up a bit. Downside is that none of these seem like they will deal great damage overall (although I do have several rows and OE). I'd also have to practice up on row+VDP boards, as I likely deal insufficient damage without it.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Still pondering trading for Yugi

Would something like Yugi/Nergagante/Nergagante/Laoja/fortress dragon be a solid base for a Yugi team? With the correct SA, I can get to 18 functional skill boosts before assists, which seems pretty doable. I also should have 12 seconds with the TE badge. Also, the Nergs can keep dark skyfall up a bit. Downside is that none of these seem like they will deal great damage overall (although I do have several rows and OE). I'd also have to practice up on row+VDP boards, as I likely deal insufficient damage without it.
At least lajoa is a solid bond clear/board changer if you don't have dark magician. It's what I'm using

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
I need to transfer plusses from my alt to my main. I keep wiping out my supply due to bad super awakening luck.

3p YuGiOh is solid for medal farming if you're so inclined, just be warned you may need to carry. Nothing crazy other than the usual 3p massive HP pools, tape, and combo shields/Resolve though.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Alright I got my two teams set so my alt can always use my main and vice/versa...that was a lot of work. I ended up trading for two more Yugi's one for the equip that had tape resist, SBR, and bind clear and one as a sub in evo form.

Both teams have 16+ SB, 5 SBR, Tape Resist, Cloud Resist, Full Blind Resist, and 60% (40%) Jammer Resist. No badges needed.

Yugi (Seto equip) \ Bakura (Mystic Elf equip) \ Winged Dragon (Dark Magician Girl equip) \ Nergigante (Yugi Equip) \ R. Diochan (Dark Magician equip)

Yugi (Yami equip) \ Dark Magician (Dark Magician Equip) \ Winged Dragon (Cecil Equip) \ Nergigante (Akuma equip) \ Yugi Evo (Ryu Equip)

I have no idea how well this will work. Only thing really missing on my second team is time extend. Both teams have awoken bind clears. Both teams are lacking in RCV buff as well.

The really nice thing is most of those teams came from the collab or other unused cards so my Kitty Zela, D.Meta, D.Zeta, and BJ teams are still intact.

Last edited:

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
Just got home and did my alts rolls, of note: yugi, yami, bakura, and a handful of winged dragons. The rest was mostly junk. But I think 2 winged dragons, bakura, and yami with the right equips will be a good team.

I wanted a bakura on my main so bad :(

Kwhit10

Oct 27, 2017
didn't pull any bakura or yugi. I traded for yugi on main and alt. Alt got 3 bakura which is nice.

This is my mains team so far
IdCoK8J.jpg

Dark magician delay,->wigned dragon haste->yugi#1 yugi#2-> sephiroth full heal and 2haste. Gets everything transformed and full healed before being hit.

Diachan has unbindable equip red eyes dragon which generates dark row. Mystic elf on winged dragon. Dark magician equip on sephiroth.

Dr_LawyerCop

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
If I only have one Yami Marik should I go with the assist? Seems to solve some problems I'm having team building

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Bakura damage output is crazy although his poison orb drops are at odds with getting dark orbs. Not sure how I feel about it. I do wish I pulled him on my main.

Bah almost beat AA2 first try but I didn't one shot Norn and screwed up spinners due to Keela spawn.

Last edited:

Dr_LawyerCop

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Bakura damage output is crazy although his poison orb drops are at odds with getting dark orbs. Not sure how I feel about it. I do wish I pulled him on my main.

Bah almost beat AA2 first try but I didn't one shot Norn and screwed up spinners due to Keela spawn.

I think once we can pair with 7x6 boards, Bakura is going to feel a lot easier to use. I have 3 and will probably run 2 plus an assist when we get the 7x6 pairings but now that would be way too restrictive. I'm working on AA2 as well. Never beat AA1 until Yugi today. Just ridiculously powered lead. I'm trying to think when the last time I had a lead that felt like huge power creep. Probably DAthena.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I think once we can pair with 7x6 boards, Bakura is going to feel a lot easier to use. I have 3 and will probably run 2 plus an assist when we get the 7x6 pairings but now that would be way too restrictive. I'm working on AA2 as well. Never beat AA1 until Yugi today. Just ridiculously powered lead. I'm trying to think when the last time I had a lead that felt like huge power creep. Probably DAthena.

I just cleared AA2 on my main account which I consider to be the weaker of the two teams. The poison void from Yugi and auto FUA really trivializes a lot of it. Fighting Byuto was a joke since his gimmick is gravities and poison boards so you can really stall infinitely. I got hung up on spinners once and the awoken/bind combo on floor 4 a few times. My alt doesn't have a good solution to that awoken/bind combo on floor 4 so I'm just hoping to avoid it and my main had to awoken clear with Yugi Evo and then row hearts to bind clear, was kinda messy.

I tried Extend Arena on my alt with Bakura and I couldn't punch through some enemies still lol, I've added latents since and I'll probably bring along D.Karin for a damage boost but Yugi is viable for that too.

Last edited:

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Got a dark magician from one last pull today! So I got one of everything I wanted (and two of the transforming dragon) I'll still pull one more time, just on the off chance at another DM, Yugi or Bakura.
May trade for a second Yugi on the last day if I think I need it, but right now I'm pretty happy