• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Wow I need to research AA3 a little bit. The constant 7+ combo shields are kind of annoying given Yugi playstyle but going up against Bigfoot while RCV debuffed was not fair. Guess a lot of stalling is in order.

I have a dark damage latent on my team but is there anything else important to know on specific floors? Do I need to go into that 100% preempt floor at full health?

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
You've done Sonia's story right? That's 100 stone for 21 levels.
Hah thanks for that - I stopped at stage 20 and didn't know there was another 100stone reward waiting at the end.

Just cleared it - 100gems reward and 10 pulls in the Yugi banner only resulted in a single Rainbow - Dark Magician Girl.

Welp that was disappointing.....

feline fury

Dec 8, 2017
10 rolls in, I have 2 Bakura but no Yugi yet. Base form + assist is more useful than 2 Bakura base subs, right? Do people actually lead with him or is he just a luxury Yugi sub?

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
I played around with yugi sans bakura for science. Don't worry he's still OP as fuck without him. If you have the skill boosts to get him up asap then you have nothing to worry about.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Almost had AA2 on my alt and then my Bakura got 15 turn bound by a dragon caller and then all I had were my two Yugi and ended up with too many dark orbs that I couldn't VDP Zapan and died to his gravity/follow up. Only downfall of Yugi is his active can create unfavorable boards in respect to using his active to create VDP.

Ended up trading for a Yumi on my alt so I could put a bind resist equip on my Bakura and put the Yumi equip on Winged Dragon. Figure his equip will go to good use regardless of Yugi teams. About picked clean on trade fodder though.

edit: scratch that beat AA2 with my alt, just had to plan a little better, glad that's over with.

edit edit: just beat extreme arena as well, pretty sure Bakura did all the heavy lifting

Last edited:

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
So, I found out about the story orbs and immediately poured them into the YGO machine. Ended up with four blue guys and one of the other 7*, but no Yugi. So I traded for him. Never saw a Bakura, so I'm trying to do without. At six OE and 14 rows, subs are in the 50-70 million damage range with one row and combos, depending on the presence of a second row or other dark orbs. However, VDPs do very little more, with only about that same range on the leads, which is rather low nowadays. If I can get 15+ dark orbs, row+VDP is like 1.8 billion damage on the leads, but very little in the way of combos usually. On the other hand, dual Nerg subs means rather constant dark orb skyfall, which is nice.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
So, I found out about the story orbs and immediately poured them into the YGO machine. Ended up with four blue guys and one of the other 7*, but no Yugi. So I traded for him. Never saw a Bakura, so I'm trying to do without. At six OE and 14 rows, subs are in the 50-70 million damage range with one row and combos, depending on the presence of a second row or other dark orbs. However, VDPs do very little more, with only about that same range on the leads, which is rather low nowadays. If I can get 15+ dark orbs, row+VDP is like 1.8 billion damage on the leads, but very little in the way of combos usually. On the other hand, dual Nerg subs means rather constant dark orb skyfall, which is nice.

Yeah, without Bakura, for the damage to really pop you need to row/VDP at the same time. Yugi as an inherit on himself is nice for the extra row damage to help out with that.

I found lacking Bakura x2 that Chuan was a good equip for Bakura as she provides bind resist and 4 dark rows. So with a VDP, row and poison match Bakuras damage is crazy and he can't get binded.

Last edited:

Jagernaut

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't posted in a long time, just playing PAD casually these days. I'm thinking of trading for Yugi using dupes of Valkyrie Ciel and Fagan Rei and unused fire, wood, and light Dracoblades.

I have rolled 2 Bakura, 2 Dark Magician Girl, 1 Fortress Dragon, 1 Seto Kaiba and others so far.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Assuming I have SB covered, from a purely selfish perspective, would it make sense to have Bakura equip on Yugi? The poison blessing's 2x atk helps burst (especially on VDP) and unbindable saves you from some preemptives pre-transformation. The extra move time and ATK is just icing.

Here's a proposed team:
SBR Badge
Yugi (Bakura Card)
Bakura (Bakura Card) Tape SA
Nergigante (Marik card) SB+ SA
Fortress Dragon (Mystic Faerie card)
Fortress Dragon (Shelling Ford Equip)
Yugi (Rikuu Equip)

As written the team has a turn 1 skill bind risk hence the SBR badge. Yugi is up turn 1, I only care about spinners and high combo shields with this team and only when those two are combined really. On burst turns Yugi is hitting 78.125x personal damage (assuming VDP+poison but no row) compared to Bakura's 40x personal damage (since I'm using tape SA vs VDP SA). I could just get the VDP SA on Bakura (bringing him to 100x) but then I need a tape resist in there somewhere. Maybe instead of Nergigante I use something else?

Welcome back Jagernaut I'd trade for yugi if you need a meta lead or want to play something different. Play story mode if you haven't for 121 free stones. I'd keep Fagan as his equip is one of the more desirable Yugi equips.

Jagernaut

Oct 27, 2017
I already ran through the story mode and got the 100+ stones plus evolved one of my Red Sonias to the new animated Evo.

I have 2 Fagans so I could trade 1 and make the other the equip Evo. To keep both Fagans I would have to sacrifice a dupe Reeche or my only Seto Kaiba or another non-dupe 7 star.

Last edited:

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Jagernaut

Your biggest hurdle if you've been taking a break is if you have the right assist equips to give you the skill boosts and skill bind resist awakenings the team needs. This machine has a lot of them if you can keep pulling. You have the base cards you need (Dark Magician, Bakura x2, Fortress Dragon) and can run the Seto equip on Yugi himself. Check your box and see if you can make it work, if so he's a massive power creep and is a pretty low skill level.

Jagernaut

Oct 27, 2017
I never stopped playing, I just did not bother with the harder dungeons. I still collect free stones and pull on special and godfest machines so I have a lot of useful cards.

Quantum

Oct 25, 2017
not sure if I should toss a pack to complete the team - I had luck with the harder pulls but no fortress or bakura.

right now using

yugi (no equip not sure what to put)
nergigante (liniverse demon's blood talisman) ribbon
dark magician (noctis's crystal) cloud
R.diaochan (dark knight cecil's crystal) bindproof
lajoa (winged dragon of ra card) time/cloud

its just ok - different way of playing, but not completely broken.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't tried aa2 really since ina came out, been so much to do. But I thought I'd try it with yugi.
SOTKMGa_d.jpg

Took me only 2 tries, which is impressive since I don't really know the dungeon, just most of the spawns. First try I died to rushana, no actives were up and apparently you need to one shot her. aa3 next and I hear it's not as annoying. Will try tomorrow.

jiggle

Dec 23, 2017
Assuming I have SB covered, from a purely selfish perspective, would it make sense to have Bakura equip on Yugi? The poison blessing's 2x atk helps burst (especially on VDP) and unbindable saves you from some preemptives pre-transformation. The extra move time and ATK is just icing.

Here's a proposed team:
SBR Badge
Yugi (Bakura Card)
Bakura (Bakura Card) Tape SA
Nergigante (Marik card) SB+ SA
Fortress Dragon (Mystic Faerie card)
Fortress Dragon (Shelling Ford Equip)
Yugi (Rikuu Equip)

As written the team has a turn 1 skill bind risk hence the SBR badge. Yugi is up turn 1, I only care about spinners and high combo shields with this team and only when those two are combined really. On burst turns Yugi is hitting 78.125x personal damage (assuming VDP+poison but no row) compared to Bakura's 40x personal damage (since I'm using tape SA vs VDP SA). I could just get the VDP SA on Bakura (bringing him to 100x) but then I need a tape resist in there somewhere. Maybe instead of Nergigante I use something else?

Yugi's skill eats poison so it's kinda wasted on him
When he can take a tape asist and let Bakura get 100x atk
Especially when Here comes you,

Welcome back Jagernaut I'd trade for yugi if you need a meta lead or want to play something different. Play story mode if you haven't for 121 free stones. I'd keep Fagan as his equip is one of the more desirable Yugi equips.
Better for yugi to take a tape resist or something than poison blessing since his skill eats poison
Especially not at the expense of bakura losing 60% of his personal atk
That extra bakura works better in the flex spot over Nergi imo

Tape is not the most annoying thing once Nere comes out anyway
And you will really want that Bakura at full capacity because he only gets 180x from (yugi x Nere ) team atk multiplier

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Did extreme arena on my main without Bakura. The Seto equip for 15 Dark 15 Water sets up a perfect row/vdp that was able to one shot the final floor.

I keep putting off AA3, I should probably give it a go.

Edit: Died to the blue radar dragon, I had both Yugi and Bakura specials ready for the last two floors too. Got cute and tried to VDP it with no row or poison and didn't kill it and got one shot.

Last edited:

raiod

Oct 26, 2017
Alt. Arena 2 and 3 done with Yugi! I never bothered with AA2 much, although I had teams to beat it. The mechanics where just too annoying.
Had 3 tries for AA2 because of dumb AS decisions but to my surprise, I oneshotted AA3! Ok, I had the Dark Radar and he is basically harmless with yugi (Poison skyfall all day!).

My Team:
veb4Rli.jpg

For AA2 I had a dmg reducing active on Veroah.
I also have Bakura, but unfortunately only a single one. I have a feeling that Veroah is better for 6x5 boards... the poison skyfall leaves you more often than not with not enough dark AND/OR Poison orbs.

A Short inherit breakdown:

Yugi(Seto Kaiba Equip): Awsome awakenings and a burst active!
Dark Magicia( "Nameless"): Skill boost, orb unlock!
Dragon(Athena Another Card): Skill boost with On type color for the Girl...
Yami Yugi(Marik equip): Cloud, double finger, Unbind cleric... Perfect! :)
Veroah(Lumu Smasher): Kill board with a time extend override, also triple jammer resist

for my Partner Yugi, I prefer a light Shelling Ford equip for the skill boost and the double jammer resist.

With this, I have the following team utility:
- Poison damage negate
- Blind immune (Yami Yugi)
- Jammer immune
- Unlock the board (Nameless equip)
- Orb movetime reset (Lumu Smasher on Veroah)
- Bind cleric: Yami Yugi with equip
- delay: Dark Magician
- healing reduction reset: Veroah
- Void Damage Absorb and Pierce
- Tape immune (Veroah)
- Cloud immune (Marik equip)

The only thing missing is a "Color absorb active"...

Last edited:

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
sHzxOl5.png

got a 6.8% in the ranking, but I think I can do better. With this team and the Skill+ badge I have Kamen Rider up turn 1 for the 3 turn burst. Any tips other than "get gud"? It seems just to come down to "have burst, have skill+ to use burst, three cross + stat stick for final turn".

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Sooooo much stalling. RCV debuffs, spinners, no falls, etc. I was able to stall infinitely on Zeus so I cycled all my actives to prepare for the final two floors. And was able to pop Yog with Bakura in one shot for over 1.5 bil on a VDP with poison.

Honestly not sure without Bakura if my main has enough firepower, I might need to bring a gem or something.

Took forever not sure I have the patience to do that again anytime soon (I did stop to research the last few floors to check my options for stalling, etc).

Last edited:

Kwhit10

Oct 27, 2017
I've run AA3 multiple times with a yugi team that doesn't have a single bakura and have not run Into damage problems on the final floors yet.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I've run AA3 multiple times with a yugi team that doesn't have a single bakura and have not run Into damage problems on the final floors yet.

Do you bring anything to boost damage or run extra row equips on Yugi? Have to VDP+Row the second to last floor? Patents?

Just curious.

Kwhit10

Oct 27, 2017
IdCoK8J.jpg

Diachan has unbindable equip red eyes dragon which generates dark row. Mystic elf on winged dragon. Dark magician equip on sephiroth.
Do you bring anything to boost damage or run extra row equips on Yugi? Have to VDP+Row the second to last floor? Patents?

Just curious.

No extra rows needed on yog. Just a vdp and combos is good enough since it's dark against light. I don't remember on the red one since it only came up once and I get yog way more frequently. But I've never used any type of boost skill either way. If I run I to the red one again I'll make a note of what works.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone taken out Gaslowe with Yugi and Bakura? Do you just blast through his shield? Do you convert poisons and 0c on the last turn? Curious what people are doing as I'd really like to grab a Gaslowe and Yugi is my most consistent AA3 at the moment.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
No extra rows needed on yog. Just a vdp and combos is good enough since it's dark against light. I don't remember on the red one since it only came up once and I get yog way more frequently. But I've never used any type of boost skill either way. If I run I to the red one again I'll make a note of what works.

Ah forgot color advantage. Cheers, thanks for the info.

jiggle

Dec 23, 2017
Has anyone taken out Gaslowe with Yugi and Bakura? Do you just blast through his shield? Do you convert poisons and 0c on the last turn? Curious what people are doing as I'd really like to grab a Gaslowe and Yugi is my most consistent AA3 at the moment.

Does he wipe you if there are regular poison left also, or only the mortal poison he created?
I never did pay attention to the regular ones the two times I encountered him, and just stalled out all 5 turns
Must've been either lucky with skyfall or spinner

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Does he wipe you if there are regular poison left also, or only the mortal poison he created?
I never did pay attention to the regular ones the two times I encountered him, and just stalled out all 5 turns
Must've been either lucky with skyfall or spinner
No idea, I don't want to find out the hard way.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
I passed aa3 first try, yugi really is a bit broken.
4vEXWeG_d.jpg

I assume gaslowe dropping first try is lucky. I went in blind, but when gaslowe showed up I looked up how to fight him.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Got it done on my main as well. I had to be a little careful to not try certain spawns with just a row, got executed a couple times, but now that I have familiarity with the spawns clears are more consistent.

Almost botched this one, the radar dragon switched my leader for 8 turns and I could barely keep alive, was lucky to have Dark Magician active ready.

Saved the 15/15 active combo and a combo adder ready for Yog and punched through no problem with a VDP and a Row.

All in all Bakura is more fun to play with but without him there is less orb trolling which is important when stalling.

Last edited:

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
One more single pull...while believing in the Heart of Cards.....and pulled Yugi lol.

Finally some good Collab lead.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Did the Annihilation Descended Rush with a leader swap to Bakura on my alt and to Yugi Evo on my main. Took some playing around to time the active charging but wasn't difficult.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
So you guys moved here. That's why nobody replied in the neogaf thread.

Yeah, we were part of the great migration, this thread stays reasonably active.

Did the Annihilation Descended Rush with a leader swap to Bakura on my alt and to Yugi Evo on my main. Took some playing around to time the active charging but wasn't difficult.

The first time I beat it, I hadn't thought of a leader swap, it was a real pain. Now I'm trying to get better at clearing with a leaderswap, hoping for a glascowe.

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
So Gaslowe has spawned in the Anni Descended Rush and I've never seen him before in AA3 so I'm not sure what the strat is to beat him. From checking padx it seems he just makes some stuff unmatchable for 5 turns and then gives you a test to remove certain orbs, is this correct? If I attack him before that is it going to haste him up? I don't have an awoken bind clear on my team that will be ready so I don't think I can go that route.

Even though he has a 99& shileld, he only has 70mil HP which make him have 3.5 billion HP since I have color advantage. I'm running Haoh/Tifa with Pixel Lightning, Pixel Cloud, Demon Yusuke, and H Cotton with devil killer latents all over the place so I'm wondering if I can just blow him up with a row+VDP+lots of combos, which should be doable since I have all my actives up. If he doesn't haste up I could def kill him since HCotton can hit over a billion on her own with VDP+row+more light combos to 7c. Any one done this before?

jiggle

Dec 23, 2017
So Gaslowe has spawned in the Anni Descended Rush and I've never seen him before in AA3 so I'm not sure what the strat is to beat him. From checking padx it seems he just makes some stuff unmatchable for 5 turns and then gives you a test to remove certain orbs, is this correct? If I attack him before that is it going to haste him up? I don't have an awoken bind clear on my team that will be ready so I don't think I can go that route.

Even though he has a 99& shileld, he only has 70mil HP which make him have 3.5 billion HP since I have color advantage. I'm running Haoh/Tifa with Pixel Lightning, Pixel Cloud, Demon Yusuke, and H Cotton with devil killer latents all over the place so I'm wondering if I can just blow him up with a row+VDP+lots of combos, which should be doable since I have all my actives up. If he doesn't haste up I could def kill him since HCotton can hit over a billion on her own with VDP+row+more light combos to 7c. Any one done this before?

You cant remove his awoken bind anyway because he immediately skill binds you
He makes mortal poisons on the 5th turn that you have to completely clear or he wipes you
After that just normal kill him

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
You cant remove his awoken bind anyway because he immediately skill binds you
He makes mortal poisons on the 5th turn that you have to completely clear or he wipes you
After that just normal kill him

Yeah, I had locked orbs so I just zero comboed until that turn and killed him.

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
Decided to try for the kill so I didn't have to mess with poison shenanigans and he went down easier than I thought judging by how fast his HP bar depleted.

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
Fuuuucking figures. I just rolled Yugi on my second, the only of my accounts with no Bakura or Dark Magicians, whereas my other accounts have multiples. This game man is the biggest troll lol. At least now I can coop since I'm going to get it on my main, from pull or trade and for that I don't need those cards as much.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Grats!
Great to see your gacha fortune finally improve since coming back
Thanks - yeah one great new lead can help a lot in terms of keeping m interest with the game heh.
My team might suck as of now, but at least i got something to work and improve on.

Right now im running Yugi - Dark Magician Girl - 2x Winged Dragon - Kuriboh - Friend Yugi

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017

I played that dungeon like 20 times this weekend and it never showed up. That invade rate must have been crazy low.

What is the great migration? It seems resetera is much more active than neogaf now.

It is has been a couple of years now, so I'm less sure of the ins and outs, but essentially the owner of gaf was shown to be a problematic shitbag who used gaf, at times, to manage his shitbagery; the moderation team quit and started this site for people who cared about games and not being a shitbag. There's probably places where a more detailed account exists, but that is what happened, generally speaking. Blade was one of the inaugural members and several of us from gaf made the transition pretty soon afterwards.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
I played that dungeon like 20 times this weekend and it never showed up. That invade rate must have been crazy low.

JP Data has Gaslowe invade rate at ~1% but not enough data to be statistically significant (500ish runs iirc). I figured I'd just run AA3 during the valentine event to grab Gaslowe as Yugi is strong enough to walk through most of AA3.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
JP Data has Gaslowe invade rate at ~1% but not enough data to be statistically significant (500ish runs iirc). I figured I'd just run AA3 during the valentine event to grab Gaslowe as Yugi is strong enough to walk through most of AA3.

I've still not beat AA3; I don't know that I've hit a hard wall with Yugi, but sometimes I can't quite cinch the damage, even on non boss floors. Like dealing just enough to piss something off for an execution hit. Not having bakura sucks.