• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I've still not beat AA3; I don't know that I've hit a hard wall with Yugi, but sometimes I can't quite cinch the damage, even on non boss floors. Like dealing just enough to piss something off for an execution hit. Not having bakura sucks.

I stopped trying to one shot floors with just a row and basically only took a stab at something if I had VDP. I also have a devil killer on each Yugi. For the final floors I used Row+VDP to be safe. A lot of it for me was methodically stalling and making sure my actives where ready to go for floors I knew were tough to punch through. Pay attention to damage shields and see if you can stall them out as well.

Not as easy without Bakura but it's still a very viable team but he is a very orb hungry lead and it takes time to set yourself up.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
I run with Bakura so I imagine there's more setup required without.

I don't have much advice but if you have access, Haohmaru x Tifa is also still stupid strong as an option.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Learned the hard way not to stall on the the King Tan in Ultimate Annihilation Col, 198k damage ouch.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
I stopped trying to one shot floors with just a row and basically only took a stab at something if I had VDP. I also have a devil killer on each Yugi. For the final floors I used Row+VDP to be safe. A lot of it for me was methodically stalling and making sure my actives where ready to go for floors I knew were tough to punch through. Pay attention to damage shields and see if you can stall them out as well.

Not as easy without Bakura but it's still a very viable team but he is a very orb hungry lead and it takes time to set yourself up.

This. Also row awakenings help with all floors, they are strong now. I traded for a second yugi for my bind clears and the extra team damage. If you can fit something like a chuan equip on your team, it'll help, or pair with someone with dark row awakenings. It depends on your team though.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
For some reason I'm debating trading for VDay RSonia. I have the cards, they're not doing anything. I have most of the big ticket pulls from SAO so I'm not really anticipating anything. The only card on my radar is Knight Kisaragi from GungHoCollab but since I'm maining Yugi or Minaka right now he's dropped a few pegs on my wanted scale.

VSonia lets me use my Nidhogg system for easy farming and might have some other utility down the line.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
For some reason I'm debating trading for VDay RSonia. I have the cards, they're not doing anything. I have most of the big ticket pulls from SAO so I'm not really anticipating anything. The only card on my radar is Knight Kisaragi from GungHoCollab but since I'm maining Yugi or Minaka right now he's dropped a few pegs on my wanted scale.

VSonia lets me use my Nidhogg system for easy farming and might have some other utility down the line.

Just looked at the trade fodder for that and I have tons of stuff collecting dust I could use. I'd have to farm a Nidhogg system though. I'll think about it for sure.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Just looked at the trade fodder for that and I have tons of stuff collecting dust I could use. I'd have to farm a Nidhogg system though. I'll think about it for sure.
Just throwing it out there, I've been building the Nidhogg system basically since the dungeon released in little bits here and there. It's farmable too and I'd recommend coop-ing for stamina savings (not sure if you can trade Nidhogg) and running at least one on the team for the passive skill ups. If you can trade you can potentially earn up to three skill ups per run which definitely makes life a little easier.

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
Just cleared AA3 with Yugi first try. I'm loving this team because it's giving me a reason to use a bunch of rare cards' equip forms from previous colabs I hadn't touched until now: Lina, Orphen, and Kurama.

I'm using double Bakura instead of a DM so without his delay I have to use the SB badge to transform on turn one. I might replace Kurama with another SB equip so I can use a different badge but I don't know what it would be. Bind and unmatchable clear and jammer resist weren't needed this run but I sure would have liked a no-skyfall debuff clear. Are there any equips with SB and a no-skyfall active?

EDIT: I completely forgot that Bakura does a poison with his active so the first floor in AA3 is a freebie. I can just pop that F1 and save enough orbs in case of full board lock on next floor and then do the transform there. Now I can take the RCV badge for even better stall power if needed. :D

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Burned some google play credit on VDay which, of course, was a mistake. No big ticket pulls out of 19. Only notables was one Venus and one Andromeda, said fuck it and traded for VSonia so I can never look at this stupid machine again.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
Burned some google play credit on VDay which, of course, was a mistake. No big ticket pulls out of 19. Only notables was one Venus and one Andromeda, said fuck it and traded for VSonia so I can never look at this stupid machine again.

Let me know why it would be an upgrade over dark omega for farming. I still might trade for her anyway.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a trick to dark omega farming? Got a dark omega that just kinda sits there in my box

If you have a less than 50% equip yes, and even if you don't you can get by in most dungeons with a partner that does. At less than 50% you can 1 combo most floors in most dungeons. He's just the best farm lead I've had since Shiva dragon was a thing.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, I'll probably still grab her, but A5 is pretty easy these days, especially for yugi.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
I tried the new Colosseum a couple times when I had extra stamina. I got to floor 16 or 17 I think at best using a yugi team. The combo shields are everywhere and it's rough. I'm going to wait for Nere to try it again. Has anyone beat it with tifa or any other leads out of curiosity?

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
Since the collab announcement I have not missed a login and finally pulled yugi the other day and caught up how to build a good team these days. After a couple of mistakes and adjustments I'm having fun with the game again. I cant beat the impossible difficulty stuff but at least I can beat annihilation descended stuff now.

Wish i kept logging in for the rank ups, feeling the stamina constraints.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
I tried the new Colosseum a couple times when I had extra stamina. I got to floor 16 or 17 I think at best using a yugi team. The combo shields are everywhere and it's rough. I'm going to wait for Nere to try it again. Has anyone beat it with tifa or any other leads out of curiosity?
I gave it a shot once with Tifa x Haoh just to try and learn it and got bodied pretty quickly. Not sure how far I got but definitely not 16/17. The stam hit is too big right now when I'm working on other projects.

jiggle

Dec 23, 2017
Jpn 8th Anniversary stream recap

Transformation meta in full swing!

The new artifact dragon series looking good
A rainbow lead with 4/400/4, +6 seconds time extend, auto follow up attack and VDP skill on 8 turn CD
A yugioh like fire lead with VDP skill
Short cool down orb locks
I want them all!

Pretty tame batch of evos
Plenty of 3 or 4 skill boosts to support the new transform meta
Lucifer will find a good home in Yugi/Nere team
Only took like 6 years for red guan yu and green zhuge to get new evo lol

Yuuri on ice GFE haha

Rainbow medals still not stackable
Sad :(

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Wow that was a lot to go through. Not sure what's the biggest news coming out of that. Mega Awoken Kanna and Aten are fun. Revo MP dragons is something. Nothing really stood out but they should at least be more relevant than they were before. ShivaDra and/or NepDra should be A+ farmers again. Bleach, Fate, and DMC collabs are cool but holy shit at a Disney Collab (Mickey Mouse and friends). That's crazy and I really hope we get all of those.

The other really weird thing is the 8-80 stone event, you pull a diamond REMDra to get an assortment of stones. Not sure if it's 8 or 80 or something between 8 and 80 (I'd guess the former with a MASSIVE weighting towards the 8). We won't see it in NA for a year likely but wow that's cool.

Also next story mode is Heroine focused and the cover art was Ilmina. Curious what that'll mean when it's done.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
That was a lot of stuff lol. Always nice to have a bunch of stuff coming in the future. I'm not sure what I'm most excited for, bleach maybe? I already have ichigo and aizen, so of they get a good buff I'm good.

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty amazing the difference between power level Old pantheon vs new stuff vs collab.

No clue why they even bother. The old pantheon even with the supers evos are rider tier from back in the day. Mega Awokens for GFE 6* are the only revelant old stuff.

jiggle

Dec 23, 2017
Super reincarnated pantheons would be neater if the evo mats are not such a botch to get and they don't cost 45million exp
At least some are beginning to be decent though

The other really weird thing is the 8-80 stone event, you pull a diamond REMDra to get an assortment of stones. Not sure if it's 8 or 80 or something between 8 and 80 (I'd guess the former with a MASSIVE weighting towards the 8). We won't see it in NA for a year likely but wow that's cool.
0/8 for me so far on 80 stones
Probably the same rates as cotton/Ney free rolls lol

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure how I'm going to clear the top level zeus challenge in JP. I don't think I have the right cards to do it in the time allotted. I got close but the pixel zeus/hera ended the run since I didn't have a reeche active ready. Probably just going to settle for the GF pull.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
Well, I decided to dedicate yesterday to running AA3 to see if I could get the Glascowe invade. It didn't happen, but I did beat the dungeon once. I still haven't learned all of the spawns though, so I only completed one out of like six runs.

jiggle

Dec 23, 2017
The new angel descended in jpn is pretty horrible
18 combo shield with no skyfall and no skill use and rage after 3 turns
Perfect for V.ideal and Marik and nobody else

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
The new angel descended in jpn is pretty horrible
18 combo shield with no skyfall and no skill use and rage after 3 turns
Perfect for V.ideal and Marik and nobody else
Yeah it's a nightmare. Not sure how you're supposed to clear it without a +combo lead. Hoarding combo orbs is super RNG dependant then you have to hope you kill it on the good shot you take.

EDIT: on the topic of +combo leads I YOLO'd VIdeal. With Hao and Shelling inherit AA3 was actually easy. Team is whale as fuck though

Videal (Shiro Sword) Dragon killer SA
Wedding Reeche (Karn Card) TE+ SA
Kurama (Aerith Crystal) SB+ SA
Zaerog Core (Shelling ford equip) VDP SA
Hao (Dorothy Shoes) Tape SA
VIdeal (whatever)

Absolutely blazed through AA3. Still no Gaslowe.

Last edited:

jiggle

Dec 23, 2017
Got one 80 stone pull out of 16 tries
That's not too bad!

Yeah it's a nightmare. Not sure how you're supposed to clear it without a +combo lead. Hoarding combo orbs is super RNG dependant then you have to hope you kill it on the good shot you take.

Finding decent successes using Vajrabhairava with Evo Marik friend
Turns out the boss is not the worst part cuz you only really need to make 10 to 11 combos
Preboss floor giving me more trouble because of damage void shield

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Gung Ho collab is up along with the new card evos and pal machine. I grabbed the $20 bundle and ended up trading for Kisaragi since i had enough dupe Orages to field a full team. Nothing really interesting though so I guess I'll keep plugging away at AA3 trying to get a gaslowe. What kills me is I'll want two (equip and normal) just to play with.

Is anyone chasing a different collab card? Why? Trying to determine if I should roll or save stones for any of the new shiny.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
Gung Ho collab is up along with the new card evos and pal machine. I grabbed the $20 bundle and ended up trading for Kisaragi since i had enough dupe Orages to field a full team. Nothing really interesting though so I guess I'll keep plugging away at AA3 trying to get a gaslowe. What kills me is I'll want two (equip and normal) just to play with.

Is anyone chasing a different collab card? Why? Trying to determine if I should roll or save stones for any of the new shiny.

I think I'm just going to save all my stones until that machine that just hit Japan shows up here. Lots of new stuff in there.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm just going to save all my stones until that machine that just hit Japan shows up here. Lots of new stuff in there.
Makes sense given the slew of new collab info that came out.

Burned my Pal points to ease my rolling anxiety and got all the new stuff besides the featured one (damage spike based on Tape res is weird but 100% per tape res is actually good?)

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
I've got every card from the pal points except for aphrodite and dark valkyrie... not sure if I should burn the rest.
I look at it this way, for me, there's only two pal machines I regularly pull for: This one, and the +points one. Very rarely are they back to back. I'd say if you can see a use for any of the equips you don't have then pull till you get it, otherwise just skip it and wait for the machine you want to pull for.

Sidenote: You can de-evolve the equips to quickly get the base monster for evo gem conversion. Starling, Valkyrie, and Pirate/Samurai Zaerog being especially annoying to get.

jiggle

Dec 23, 2017
Didn't do so hot in this gacha
Not even the PEM
On top of major flamed out in the new artifact dragon gacha in jpn
Not loving the game right at this moment haha

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
What is there between Yugi and Disney so far? anything worth it from our PoV? Because I fail to see how the house of mouse won't want that going Global.
They announced a bunch of collabs without much in the way of release dates during the 8th anniversary stream
So there's:
Tales of Artfact Dragons
Bleach rerun
Fate/Stay Night rerun
Mickey and Friends
DMC (eventually...)

And the usual seasonals. We might get skipped for the Artifact dragons but given we've been at parity with collabs for a while I'd be surprised if we miss it.

Depending on buffs Bleach and Fate could be worth it. I'm sure there's something good in Artifact but I'm not checking so I'm not tempted to pull.

Kwhit10

Oct 27, 2017

I just got my first glaslowe today. Yugi makes farming AA3 a breeze

raiod

Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone have an enhance killer latent for Trade? I put up a request on my alt account. 380.833.292

jiggle

Dec 23, 2017
I've decided I'm hoarding JP stones for the Disney collab. I don't care how good/bad they are, I want them all.
I should've done the same and just wait for these to come back the second time
But couldn't resist the new shinies lol

Apparently one of the best cards is actually a 5* one

Impaling Dragon Lancer, Lampeid stats, skills, evolution, location | Puzzle & Dragons Database

Impaling Dragon Lancer, Lampeid is a water and water element monster. It is a 6 stars attacker, dragon monster which costs 28 units and it has 2 skills in Puzzle & Dragons. The skill calls Ocean Routine. Water attribute ATK x3 for 3 turns. Full awoken bind recovery. The leader skill calls...
So I don't feel complete shit lol
But still awful though

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
The Mickey and friends collab looks ok. Nothing meta breaking, but some decent leaders and some good subs. I'll probably roll in it a bit when it comes here.

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone interesting in the details for Mickey and Friends it's here.

I really want to know the lore explanation for why Huey Dewey and Louis have God killer awakenings. Why does Scrooge not boost money earned? Some weird missed flavor opportunities. Great set of equips in this collab though.

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone interesting in the details for Mickey and Friends it's here.

I really want to know the lore explanation for why Huey Dewey and Louis have God killer awakenings. Why does Scrooge not boost money earned? Some weird missed flavor opportunities. Great set of equips in this collab though.
I'd guess that in the show they often come into conflict with godlike beings or actual gods during their adventures and they defeat them.

jiggle

Dec 23, 2017
Plenty of TE for the kiddies and SB for transformations
All the 5 stars are surprisingly good
I hope the rates are not as god awful as dragon artifacts

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
101 magic stones over march, and gleaming 3P is going away (so go get your stone).

did I miss anything elsefrom the stream?

OP
OP
Bladelaw

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
101 magic stones over march, and gleaming 3P is going away (so go get your stone).

did I miss anything elsefrom the stream?
Nothing critical, the march event (nothing huge) and then this challenge:
Bipolar Goddess Rush - 60 minutes to clear arena 1, 2, and 3 in one go. I'm going to try with VIdeal when I get the time. Clear reward is a stone and 1 extra latent slot tama. I suspect tifa x haohmaru is the fastest clear since you can row away most of the floors. The problem is needing up to 4 fujin actives to clear A3 quickly. Sopdet-->Parvati-->Vishnu-->Hera Dragon that deep into the hour would suck to the point of feeling unfair.

Yugi has a nice built in advantage with the short cooldown Fujin active but the orb hunger means more stalling in general. In a decent run I can beat A1 in about 10 minutes, A2 in about 15 and A3 in about 20 if I'm not stressing and not hitting roadblocks so in theory I have about 15 minutes of stalling I could manage in a worst case scneario. I want to maximize my chances of clearing it in one go not necessarily "speed run" it.

March Quests are actually fun.
spoilers for C8-9-10
C8 is a Takamimusubi fixed team challenge.
you can just to the color/orbs remaining part of the leaderskill to kill most floors. I made pseudo rows each floor and just blobbed what I could. For EKMD I popped the defense break, for Izanami-->unbind-->match jammers-->pop Taka-->pop kali if you need colors
for Apoullo pop the heart break and the other taka and match out. You'll need defense break to proc for a guaranteed kill.

C9 is a puzzle fight. Bring ALL the time extends. leaderskills and actives do not work, just TE awakenings. Match each color as a row and you'll be left with 5 rows one of each color. There's a couple quick solves for that. For me I picked up the second orb on the bottom left and snaked my way up only touching the left half of the board. There's videos on reddit and a couple diagrams but you can visit Dawnglare or use combo master to practice. I had 4.7 seconds to play with even loading up as many TE and TE equips that I could find.

C10 is kind of a pain. You'll want VDP, the ability to hit 10 combos, a fujin (or stalling ability), and some serious burst damage.
Floor 1 feels like a stalling floor. I killed ASAP cause I didn't want to deal with mechanics.
Floor 2 is rough, try to do 5% of Orochi's HP in the first hit so you don't get delayed (or have 4 SDR on the important skill subs.) Then kill on the second turn.
Floor 3 Isn't too bad, but a TE active helps a lot. The lead swap is annoying but stallable (a delay works first turn) VDP to kill or stall it out and chip to kill. It doesn't hit super hard but your HP might be too low post swap.
Floor 4 is Oichi, hit 9c to kill or die.
Floor 5 is DQ Hera, 169,792 preemptive hit, use a shield or have a lot of HP, or get rekt.
Floor 6 is Durga, Fujin + FUA to kill or stall and chip then kill.
Floor 7 is Revo Hinokagutsuchi. If you can end this fight quickly do it. You need to VDP + FUA 600million hp in one hit to do it. If you need to play then keep Kagu over 25% HP and break resolve then go for the kill when you can. If you drop it below 25% you eat a second 10 turn skill delay. If you pop resolve without FUA you eat a 10 turn skill delay and it heals.

If you have a meta lead this isn't too bad. DQ Hera will never not feel cheap though especially if you like to play dungeons blind.

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
So, I've rolled several 7* from the current GHREM and I'm considering trading them into something else. Any suggestions? Nothing is kind of jumping out as all that great at the moment. On the other hand, I'm not sure what good Ralg or Cian actually do, so it feels like trading is the correct response.