• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ggx2ac

Sales Heaven or Sales Hell?
Oct 25, 2017
It's the original game remastered, it includes the expansion Revenge of the Plague Lord and new quests, spells, classes and items created exclusively for the Switch release.

- 100 new quests for a total of 240.
- 5 new classes
- Includes :
Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords
Puzzle Quest: Revenge of the Fallen
New expansion: Attack of the Golem Lord

eShop info:
File size: 211MB
Languages: Japanese, English, Spanish, French, German, Italian

Price: AUD$24 (~USD $16, not expected to be actual US Price.)

Edit:

Last edited:

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This that real shit. I was so addicted to the original, holy fuck.

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
The leaks keep coming.

But holy shit this is a nice surprise. Haven't thought about puzzle question years but damn, what a great game.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Heck yes! I had been thinking about this game lately and even thought about digging out my 360 to play it again. Welp, this works out well.

Oct 27, 2017
Wow I played this so much across iPod Touch, DS and 360 10 years ago.

For $15 I will buy it again. Never finished it but it was a great time waster

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A bit pricey, but that game is legendary. Don't think I'll triple dip because I already devoured it on PC and I haven't finished it on X360/XB1 afterwards. Despite it being riddled with a lot of MTXs, its spiritual sequel Gems Of War is actually pretty good, it was a bit rough and lacking at the start but some years in it's so damn full of content that it's crazy.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Oh f*ck, this game is really good, played so much the PC version back then.
Day one for sure.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Can't recall, does the eShop let you copy links like the Smash Bros. Ultimate in-game updates pages do?

OP
OP
ggx2ac

ggx2ac

Sales Heaven or Sales Hell?
Oct 25, 2017
Can't recall, does the eShop let you copy links like the Smash Bros. Ultimate in-game updates pages do?

It's easy for me to get webpages from the Japanese eShop because Nintendo posts it on their site but I can't figure it out for other regions.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
A bit pricey, but that game is legendary. Don't think I'll triple dip because I already devoured it on PC and I haven't finished it on X360/XB1 afterwards. Despite it being riddled with a lot of MTXs, its spiritual sequel Gems Of War is actually pretty good, it was a bit rough and lacking at the start but some years in it's so damn full of content that it's crazy.
I dropped 40€ on Gem of War and regret it to be honest, it's lacking that campaign that made me love Puzzle Quest and like you said, super grindy/MTX galore.

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
Switchtember continues. 5 second shop to celebrate.

jo4LupB.jpg

Opa-Opa

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 16, 2018
Wow. Nice.
Won't play again, probably but my 100+ hour mark on it gets my seal of approval.

GeekyDad

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
USA
Saw that thread title and got so excited until it sunk in that it's a remastering, not a new game. :'(

Wish these guys (and PopCap) would give us some new stuff that isn't FTP mobile-type stuff.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Day -1
I have owned this on several systems and played the shit out of it. The sequels never came close to the greatness of the first one and we are getting new content woohoo!!!

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
YEEEERRRREEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS FOR ALL MY LIFE!!!

Ever since Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords was delisted on iOS, I had lost and missed my favorite puzzle game. While I may not ever get back my past favorite mobile game, Swords & Poker 1 and 2, Konami saw to that GARBAGE, I'm egregiously happy to know this game is getting the treatment it deserves!!!

I never got far in it's sequel, but it's easy to tell it missed the magic of the original, and I'm fairly sure there was controversy in it's development for it to turn out as bad as it did.

But no matter! If anyone of you had never played Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords, This game is amazing, and you ghouls should definitely pick this remake up when you can! You'll absolutely fall in love with it!

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Saw that thread title and got so excited until it sunk in that it's a remastering, not a new game. :'(

Wish these guys (and PopCap) would give us some new stuff that isn't FTP mobile-type stuff.
Honestly with what became of Puzzle Quest sequel, the space game and 2, the first one is the better of them all.

Oct 26, 2017
All I remember about the original Puzzle Quest was that the AI cheated like crazy. It was a real novelty, though.
Yeah, the game felt original and fresh at the time despite its frustrations but I can't help but think the industry has moved on since then.
Then again, that's arguably a bad thing with it's drift towards more aggressive monetization, so maybe something from back them might be worthwhile.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
The AI cheating is fair since you can get ridiculously OP if you know what to do.
It's not before like 20 hours in that I dived into capturing monsters and learning their spells.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
giphy.webp

So glad we are getting a remake of thr game, it looks excellent. One of the best shakeup sto a well known genre in recent memoty.

ZugZug123

Oct 27, 2017
Love Puzzle Quest, might buy this. What's up with so much stuff just deciding to release in Sep? I have the money but no time 😭

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
Oh man this was the absolute best. I honestly don't remember if I had it on PSP or DS but it was crack.

May 9, 2018
I never understood why Puzzle Quest 2/Galatrix was so bad compared to Puzzle Quest 1.

Ironically the publishers did gangbusters with Marvel Puzzle Quest. (Magic Puzzle Quest was...weird)

pdog128

Dec 16, 2017
Man, I sunk sooo much time into Puzzle Quest on the DS. Just the other day I tried to find it in Google Play and was bummed I couldn't get it.

Day 1 I might legitimately be more pumped for this than anything else in September.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I finally quit Marvel Puzzle quest at the start of august. Guess I will have puzzle quest in my life again as I'm totally up for playing this gem again with new content.

Clown_im_OP

Oct 28, 2017
Oh my sweet baby Jesus I fucking celebrated this game. And I never even played the expansions I think. I'll take a Switch remaster YES PLEASE!

Alrus

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I bought the original on the DS and got frustrated by that first boss (some two headed ogre thing iirc?) and kinda dropped it afterwards. I wouldn't mind trying it again though since it had a lot of great ideas.

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
I've never played the game, but have only ever heard good things about it. Looking forward to giving it a try.