• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Wargroove looks like medieval Advanced Wars. If that what it supposed to be, then I'm totally going to buy that immediately it becomes available for purchase.

Nintendo had a golden opportunity to continue their Wars franchise and seem to squander it in favor for Fire Emblem instead, but I don't intend to derail this thread.

Wonderful Q&A. I highly enjoy Stardew Valley and Starbound. I look forward to your future projects you work on.

Regiruler

Oct 28, 2017
United States
Question #6 -- Member: Regiruler

"Outside of online netcode, which we've already heard the issues with, what is keeping Pocket Rumble so long? What is the current rough estimate as to when Pocket Rumble will see release?

Rodrigo (Chucklefish): Our commitment is to release a high-quality version of the game, so it has been delayed until it reaches the high bar of quality that we expect of this release. But stay tuned and hopefully you'll get some news on that front soon!
Oh hey, mine was picked. Not a whole lot to glean from this though.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
I was already excited enough for Wargroove before they threw in the Dragon Force influence! Come out already!

....ugh, but take your time and do it right.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Question #13 -- Member: BackwardCap

"How large of a scope are you aiming for with the latest game's world (Spellbound) that you're creating?"

Rosie (Chucklefish): We are aiming for a game world similar in scope to Stardew Valley or a Rune Factory game, and we anticipate that the lore of the game will expand the game world even more!

spellboundevs4f.png

I want to see more of this soooo bad.

Jindrax

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I did not post here, why am I getting notifications.

Deleted member 3082

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I figured there was a 50/50 shot of getting a long "big picture" / philosophical answer on how they view the future of Starbound, but the answer I got is about what I expected.

My other (unanswered) question was about the more immediate future of the game, which I didn't expect to get answered at all.

I want to see more of this soooo bad.

You may have seen it already, but I linked to a bunch of images and interviews in the original thread for this Q&A: https://www.resetera.com/posts/3553421/

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Really great interview guys and the staff did a great job answeinf questions and even provided screenshots of games I'm development. Chucklefish has fed been on my radar, really been waiting(patiently!) for wargroove and pocket rumble on switch

City 17

Oct 25, 2017
That was a great read, keep up the good work.

Also good luck to the guys with Wargroove and beyond.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Really looking forward to Wargroove. Thanks for coordinating this Era and thanks to the Chucklefish folks for answering some questions!

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm super excited for Wargroove. It's a shame it's still a vague 2018!

Thanks so much for Resetera and Chucklefish conducting this interview. These are great.

esserius

Oct 26, 2017
Wow Wargroove is really reminiscent of Langrisser... will have to add that to the list...

Xumbrega

Oct 25, 2017
Brasil
Such a passionate team, I was happy just reading the Q&A, they deserve every bit of success they got. Thanks for that!

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
Wargroove will be an instabuy for from me, it looks amazing.
Also, damn, I need spellbound in my life.
Great Q&ERA!

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
Great Q&A with a lot of really interesting insights. Chucklefish is so good. I'm so hyped for Spellbound!

DrWong

Oct 29, 2017
Those itws are really well done.
Thanks to the forum staff for managing, to the developers/studios for their time and answers, and thanks to the members for their questions.

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Really excited for Spellbound. Heard about it shortly after watching Little Witch Academia and I now need it in my life. Thanks for the Q&A!

linnus

Oct 25, 2017
That was great! :D

Thanks, Chucklefish! Great job! I can't wait to play Spellbound.

Salmander

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the Q&ERA! It was really nice to hear more about Spellbound and Wargroove.
Excited for the 2018 for Chucklefish!

ShiftyHermit

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks to Chucklefish for being gracious and patient enough to answer all of those questions. Wargroove and Spellbound look like amazing games to add to your portfolio.

Can't wait to play them

Phife Dawg

Oct 27, 2017
Great read! I loved Dragon Force and the old Langrisser/Warsong games, merging them with AW is on paper one the best ideas. Hope they deliver with Wargroove on this, super hyped! Would have been a good question too, whether the name is also an homage to Warsong.

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
"What's the likelihood of Starbound coming to the Switch? After Stardew Valley's success on the system (congrats by the way), I feel as if Starbound would also do well and should be available to many who have yet to experience it yet. The idea of having Starbound on the go via Switch is appealing to me personally."

Finn (Chucklefish):
Starbound on the Switch is a huge technical problem. Despite the 2D graphics, Starbound is doing a great deal of simulation under the hood, and it's difficult to see how we can get it to work on the switch. We're still investigating and we'll let you know if something changes.
Can someone clear this up for me. They say Starbound is a huge tech problem to port yet the OP states Starbound is in development for PS Vita?

Starbound is an action adventure game developed and published by Chucklefish. Starbound takes place in a two-dimensional, procedurally generated universe which the player is able to explore in order to obtain new weapons, armor, and items, and to visit towns and villages inhabited by various intelligent lifeforms. Starbound was released in July 2016 for Microsoft Windows, OS X, and Linux. and is in development for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation Vita.
I'm confused.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
I really enjoyed reading this. Good information on what it takes to have your game or idea selected by a publisher. I also had never even heard of Wargroove or Spellbound and now both are definitely on my radar.