• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Renovatio

Oct 23, 2019
Here're the questions:

Dear remedy, you make very good games and people seem to appreciate them, but you never sold too much. What can be the reason of that, in your opinion? Is something related the kind of experiences you try to create?

About that, do you think could be an option to become a first studio of Microsoft or Sony? Future seems to offers services, such as ps now and ms gamepass, how do you consider these new ways to play from the developers point of view?

Last edited:

Basarili

Oct 27, 2017
Haarlem
These are my questions. I hope Kermit the frog passes them on and I have my doubts if they're allowed to answer these questions.
Anyway hope we get some other good questions from other members like what they eat at lunch... I think it's easy to bet that they will answer that ...

1. First of all a big thank you for all the gaming time I had with Remedy games. As a Playstation gamer I bought the 360 specifically for Alan Wake and my question would be. Beside an possible upcoming Alan Wake 2 game. Will we see some kind of remake or remaster of Alan Wake 1 on the upcoming consoles?

2. Might we see a collaboration of Remedy with Sony on an new ip for the upcoming consoles?

Last edited:

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Can I just say that death rally was the absolute best racing game and although I imagine not that many people remember it, I spent countless hours on that game

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
The level designer as well?

Simple question.

How much acid were you on doing the levels in Control.

Feb 10, 2018
My question was:

As a developer with technical expertise, do you think a next gen console with 4-5 RDNA tflops and the same CPU + RAM would hold back the potential of games if there are also next gen consoles that are 10-11RDNA tflops, if the less powerful console aims for 1080p - 1440p and the more powerful consoles aim for 1440 - 2160p?

This is a hypothetical scenario.

Many thanks

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Just popping in to say that Max Payne was a magical experience and I have very fond memories of that game! Both game play and story telling were magnificent! Shout out to the texture work that was amazing for the time.

"Max Payne, I envy your name."

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
My question was:

As a developer with technical expertise, do you think a next gen console with 4-5 RDNA tflops and the same CPU + RAM would hold back the potential of games if there are also next gen consoles that are 10-11RDNA tflops, if the less powerful console aims for 1080p - 1440p and the more powerful consoles aim for 1440 - 2160p?

This is a hypothetical scenario.

Many thanks
Lol you should be a little more vague, they might not be able to answer it if the hypothetical answer just happens to be true.

As for my questions first off thank you all for your excellent work, you guys are an excellent team that deserves both more recognition and more sales across the board.

My first question is now that you guys have acquired the rights to Alan Wake does that show that you guys are looking to stay independent long term while continuing like with Control to focus on multi platform releases or are you guys open to acquisition if the right offer landed on the table, how about second party exclusives in the future? Basically are you open to anything and everything or have certain doors been pretty much closed, of course not asking for specifics.

Second question is what was the most exciting project that you guys have worked on, was it the studios first launch ever Death Rally, your first huge IP Max Payne, your recent launch Control, or an upcoming launch like your work on Crossfire X. Any stand out moments you guys can remember that were just fun, times consumers never get to hear about but make what you do worth it?

Final question if you have time, don't want to take time from anyone else's chance to ask. You guys and gals love to push tech, is there anything you wanted to do in the past or currently planning that you could maybe share details about, when it comes to the tech you guys are working with or see a future in. For example having the chance to utilize the full capabilities of super fast storage now or maybe looking at cloud tech whether through the old guard like Sony or Microsoft or a new competitor like Stadia, anything you guys can do now that wasn't possible before or any plans for the future?

Thanks for taking questions, keep making excellent games, cheers to your success.

Feb 10, 2018
Lol you should be a little more vague, they might not be able to answer it if the hypothetical answer just happens to be true.

As for my questions first off thank you all for your excellent work, you guys are an excellent team that deserves both more recognition and more sales across the board.

My first question is now that you guys have acquired the rights to Alan Wake does that show that you guys are looking to stay independent long term while continuing like with Control to focus on multi platform releases or are you guys open to acquisition if the right offer landed on the table, how about second party exclusives in the future? Basically are you open to anything and everything or have certain doors been pretty much closed, of course not asking for specifics.

Second question is what was the most exciting project that you guys have worked on, was it the studios first launch ever Death Rally, your first huge IP Max Payne, your recent launch Control, or an upcoming launch like your work on Crossfire X. Any stand out moments you guys can remember that were just fun, times consumers never get to hear about but make what you do worth it?

Final question if you have time, don't want to take time from anyone else's chance to ask. You guys and gals love to push tech, is there anything you wanted to do in the past or currently planning that you could maybe share details about, when it comes to the tech you guys are working with or see a future in. For example having the chance to utilize the full capabilities of super fast storage now or maybe looking at cloud tech whether through the old guard like Sony or Microsoft or a new competitor like Stadia, anything you guys can do now that wasn't possible before or any plans for the future?

Thanks for taking questions, keep making excellent games, cheers to your success.

Yeah maybe lol, but I doubt it would be breaking NDA talking about my hypothetical even if it was true.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Super awesome that this is back, I think this is a really cool thing for the community!

My first question is: If you could pick any existing property to make a game in that world, what would you pick? It can be a movie, or an existing game series, television, literature.

My second question is: What is a genre in gaming that you look at and maybe think "There are interesting things that could be done here that haven't been explored that much"?

Thank you to Remedy for participating!

V23

Oct 27, 2017
1. Considering a lot of your games draw inspiration from TV shows, and the fact Alan Wake was divided up into 'episodes', have you ever considered releasing a game in parts on a service like Xbox Game Pass? For example, releasing an Alan Wake 'episode' every 2-4 weeks?

2. Is Sam Lake as cool in real life as he appears in interviews and gaming media?

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In Control, are there any secrets still hidden away (in the base game) that the community haven't found yet?

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
Control is one of my favorite games, period. The way the atmosphere is affected by the architecture of the building, while maintaining a cohesive visual identity blows me away. As an architecture nerd, thank you.

My question is this: How long did the Ashtray Maze sequence take to design and implement? It's one of the most memorable and different experiences I've ever had in a game.

Also, why do your games almost always feature a live-action character amongst the cast? There was the guy in the second Alan Wake, basically half of Quantum Break(never actually played it), and then Darling. Its honestly something that blows my mind. You have the power to render anything, but you limit yourself to using actual grounded "reality". Its so cool and fascinating.

jamesandy

Jul 17, 2019
The only question I want to ask is
" Are you guys working on Alan Wake 2 in any capacity? "
That's all. While I ended and loved every game from Remedy. Alan Wake remains my clear favourite game from them.

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
Dear Remedy,

1- Pls talk about your approach to AI and what do you think next gen will offer for it?

2- Your games are different to the norm, but highly loved by a part of the community, having that said... Have you thought of making something more appealing to the main stream audience (aka a hero shooter, military shooter) to help the studio financially?

Troll

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Dear Remedy,

1- Pls talk about your approach to AI and what do you think next gen will offer for it?

2- Your games are different to the norm, but highly loved by a part of the community, having that said... Have you thought of making something more appealing to the main stream audience (aka a hero shooter, military shooter) to help the studio financially?

They're developing the campaign to crossfire X.

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
I really loved Control, so this will be my questions:

What other powers did Jesse have before deciding which ones would make it into the final game?

What title from those you've created would you recommend to someone like me who only played Control? From a perspective of gameplay and story.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Big fan of your games here! First, I want to wish all of you at Remedy a nice holiday.

My question: We're seeing industry consolidation all around, larger and smaller publishers acquiring studios and IP. How do you keep managing to push out big titles in ambition, technical fidelity and scope when industry budgets for AAA games keep rising, making each big title a big financial risk perhaps even to a studio's survival.

Oct 25, 2017
If Rockstar were ever to offer you guys the chance to make Max Payne 4 (or a completely new "3" for that matter), with no creative oversight and unlimited time and budget (like Red Dead Redemption 2), would you take it? Or is Max Payne 2 the end of Max's journey as far as you're concerned? I would say the Mona ending is a pretty good place to end it, but I wouldn't say no to a new Sam Lake entry or a remake of 1 & 2. More people need to play Max Payne!

(Holding a candle for Alan Wake 2! Only just started Control but it's looking promising! Love you guys and gals!)

Neil98

May 2, 2018
Madrid, Spain
How likely is an Alan Wake Remastered for current gen consoles?

If you were to tackle a new project with a well known actor/actress, who would it be (and why would it be Stephen Amell lol)?

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
- Was there ever an idea for a possible Max Payne 3 or did you want to end it with 2?

- What piece of content during a game's development hurt to cut the most?

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Back in the day, Remedy helped create the benchmarking tool 3D Mark.

How would you say the industry has changed since and do you guys still try to keep up with the cutting edge of rendering technology and what innovations are you most proud of in your history?

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
Remedy, I love y'all. I'll never forget firing up Max Payne on my family's potato of a PC and falling in love with bullet decals and ragdolls. I was wondering if y'all ever thought of using Mona Sax as the main protagonist of a sequel - her sequences in 2 were some of the best in the game. And how close were y'all working with Rockstar for the third title? Do you feel optimistic that we'll ever get a new title in the franchise?

I also just want to say the third person shooting mechanics and systems y'all created have defined generations of games for me now - I love firing up Max Payne 2 annually to bask in all the glory of the noir soaked city streets and the epic bullet ballet. I love love love Control and I wish y'all all the success!

Zaheer

Oct 27, 2017
Will Expeditions add any new story content or bosses/enemies to Control? Can you tell us about some of the best rewards it'll offer?

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Thanks, everyone! I'll get these questions sorted and sent off, and I will let you know when we're ready to post the answers!

Status
Not open for further replies.