• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
That was very nice! Thank you for your time and patience to answer all the questions! It was very informative :)

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Question 17 – Member: Bishop89

"Why did you make the decision to not include a platinum trophy in this game? You must be aware that there are a lot of players (not me) who wouldn't even consider buying a game unless there is a platinum, thus losing a sale."

Omar (Lizardcube): It wasn't really a decision, more like a mistake on our side. We were still convinced that Sony rules disallowed us from including a Platinum. In fact, the rules changed a few years ago but we didn't know about it. By the time we realized it, it was too late. The game has a hidden "Extreme" mode (that you can access from the difficulty selection menu) which would qualify as a great platinum trophy, unfortunately we can't add it after the facts.
Appreciate your response.

Deleted member 7529

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really banging Q&ERA! As someone who didn't particularly follow the development of this title, it was super interesting to read that the project had roots in disassembling the original game.

Although I'm a bit late, I'm very excited to try out this game when the physical release comes out for Switch. The passion bleeding through the design and this interview is wonder(boy)ful.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Fantastic work and an extremely informative read. Huge kudos to both Lizardcube and DotEMU and the relevant staff for making this possible.

rtv190

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
it've been nice if they didn't act like smartasses and just said "sorry, but the game had the least sales on Xbox, that's why we didn't do one"

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
Thank you again so much for doing this!
This is STILL my favorite game of the year and I've since beaten around 6 times between the Switch and PS4 versions
(^_____^)

Guess I'll just have to pick up the OST via Bandcamp or something ;)

On a side note, anyone know if the US physical version coming out next month by Nicalas has anything extra in it? (It's MSRP is $40)

gaogaogao

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it've been nice if they didn't act like smartasses and just said "sorry, but the game had the least sales on Xbox, that's why we didn't do one"
iirc microsoft has a higher minimum quantity than sony for limited run discs

edit: they said the same thing
I don't think they were being smart asses. ordering a small number of discs is harder on xbox. it being less popular on xbox wouldn't be a problem if you could just order fewer copies.

Last edited:

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
Great Q&A, thanks. I had no idea they went all the way back to the source code of the original game to see how everything worked, I assumed they just used the base game solely from a design standpoint.

KenOD

Oct 25, 2017
Nice Q&A and I love the responses. Really makes me want to replay the game again, original and remake.

Everyday Math

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you so much to everyone who put this together. Very fun read and informative.

Thanks for giving us forum goers the time of day Lizardcube devs! :)

I hope we can keep this Q&A going.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
The SMS original was so special to me growing up (I ripped off the story and art for a writing project in school as a kid and my teacher thought I was so creative :P) and I really have to thank Lizardcube and everyone else involved with bringing this great game back. I got it on PSN then jumped at the LRG CE and will be triple dipping on the Switch physical release. I'm even crazy enough to be thinking about the new PS4 physical release also. You all did a great job and thanks for the Q&A.

Trejo

Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed reading this and it was very informative. Kudos to everyone and thank you for doing this!

Limabean01

Oct 29, 2017
WA, australia
Wow this was a fantastic read! This game has been on my radar for a while & I wasn't sure, but I'm going to get it today now. Thank you so much to Lizardcube, DotEMU and the ReserERA staff for putting this all together, it is MUCH appreciated!!!!

J-Tier

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Southern California
Thank you for answering our questions LizardCube and Dotemu. I really enjoyed this, really great read.

Also, thank you to the mods and admins that organized this. I love the idea of these vignettes that highlight something in the gaming world that would otherwise never get any attention. These Q&A's can quickly become a library of information that cannot be found elsewhere.

Hawkian

Oct 26, 2017
"This looks pretty adorable, and the Q&A is pretty fascinating, I dunno if I'm on board though, maybe down the line if-
BTJBvwa.png

...goddamnit, where do I sign."

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Great work with the Q&A ERA and it's so great to listen to some talk by the devs of one of the games on my GOTY list!

Now, Lizardcube, you should talk with Nintendo about doing a Zelda 2 remaster! That game is so much like the Souls games at it's core that I think it would be a huge success today. :)

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Exceptional Q&A and exceptional game! Looking forward to the next of both. Thanks to everyone involved.

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
Glad to see that the questions selected were answered so thoroughly and honestly, mine included. I hope this is a trend we continue to see with future Q&ERA for other games!

The Giant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Xbox version selling bad was pretty much expected to happen. It's a extremely niche market on that platform.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Very nice, I love that the remake has already been modded to accomodate Brazilian fans of their original (modded) game.

petran79

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Greece
My question was covered by the first answer. Though Monster Land isnt that hard, unless you finish it with 1 credit.

Thanks for your effort, looking forward to next q&a.

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
Great Q and A. Thanks to Era staff and the dev team for doing this. I look forward to future Q/As with devs here on Era. Well done.

DrWong

Oct 29, 2017
Great read. Thanks all for the good work.
Also glad to have Ben on my FB friend list (Catsuka gang ;) ^^

Ichtyander

Oct 25, 2017
This was a wonderful Q&A and I'm very grateful for seeing my question picked up and answered. Congrats to the Q&ERA staff for what I'm sure will be the first in a long line of Q&As and a big thank you to everyone at Lizardcube and DotEMU for answering our questions!