• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ShiftyHermit

Oct 27, 2017
This was so much better than I was expecting. Holy crap, amazing job and thanks to Lizardcube and DotEMU for agreeing to do this. I really enjoyed the read.

ilfait

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Beautifully done remake. Congratulations, Lizardcube; your skill, respect for the source material, and hard work paid off.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks to LizardCube and DotEMU for taking the time to answer all the questions and of course, thanks to the staff for putting together this amazing feature, excellent work it was wonderful to read.
I've never played the original serie but i'm tempted to give the remake a shot to support the devs.

Epcott

Oct 25, 2017
US, East Coast
Great new forum feature! This place gets better and better.

Love the developer's dedication and work. I still need to pick the game up at some point for the Switch. Makes me wish they could remaster Monster World 4, but I can understand the desire to create original work.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
That was kind of awesome, game looks really pretty, I never played the original but I be purchasing this odf the strength of this post.

CavZee

Nov 6, 2017
This is fantastic to read, thanks. I'm looking forward to digging into the game next month when the physical switch version releases.

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Awesome Q&A.

I'm extremely happy with the way the game turned out. The only thing I can think of to have improved it would be to have the game be more obvious with the Sega Master System origin of the game for newcomers. Fans of the original know where it came from but new people might just see it as an "8-bit remake". If they associate the game specifically with the SMS, then maybe they will pursue learning about other underrated games on the system.

PtM

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
The crass red font clashes with dark theme. Maybe tone down red or add more blue&green.

Kane1345

Senior QA, Starbreeze Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly turned out much better than I thought. It was really a fantastic read and I hope there's many more to come! Thanks to everyone involved in getting this to happen.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That was a really fun read, thanks for this Q&A, I really hope we see more with increased frequency

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
Thanks for the time that was spend for this to happen, it was pretty great!

StreamedHams

Nov 21, 2017
Really nice format.

I just absolutely adore this game. The art direction and OST are just phenomenal. I can't wait to see if they will remake any more 8, or 16-but classics.

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
That was excellent. I didn't participate in the questions but want to thank all involved in making it happen and for an interesting read about a great project.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
Nice in depth QnA. Always fascinating hearing development thought processes and anecdotes. Hope we continue to get more of these. Great work!

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Such a fun and interesting read. Thank you interviewees and Q&ERA team!

Finding out about the hardships the LizardCube guys went through made me appreciate the game even more, haha.

CO_Andy

Oct 25, 2017
didn't get to submit my question as to why the superior PC Engine soundtrack isn't in the game :(

Jack Scofield

Oct 27, 2017
This was incredibly well-done, and this is coming from someone who hadn't heard of the game prior to this interview. Very informative and extremely interesting! Thanks to all those involved and I hope to see more of these interviews in the future.

Sirpopopop

_ _ _ w _ _ _
Oct 23, 2017
Great answers from some great questions.

Never knew there was a Brazilian specific version of Wonder Boy.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Wow, this is so in depth and put-together. I love this!

Awesome insights, excellent enthusiasm, and really cool in general. Thank you Era, DotEmu, and Lizardcube for this. I can't wait for more of these.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Great answers from some great questions.

Never knew there was a Brazilian specific version of Wonder Boy.
An insanely popular one. It was the second videogame I ever played, after Alex Kidd in Miracle World, haha :P

The company that dealt with bringing SEGA products to the Brazilian market since that time really knew what they were doing. They made multiple official romhacks that changed some games into products that were more palatable to the local audience.

Deleted member 9327

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Finally made it to read the first Q&ERA. One of the best, most insightful and honest interviews I've read in a long time. No non-sensical PR blah blah here. Awesome! Love the game when I played it initially on my Switch even though I've never played the original. Thanks to the ResetERA staff, Lizardcube and DotEMU for the awesome game and this great interview <3