• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
Assisting development and providing QA.

QLOC is known for several Capcom/Namco Bandai/WB Games PC/console ports and assisting AAA studios during development.

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
Knowning CD Project Cyberpunk 2077 will be so dense and gigantic in scope that it's impossible to manage alone so it's good that they got QLON as partner to help them with it

OP
OP
Oct 26, 2017
Knowning CD Project Cyberpunk 2077 will be so dense and gigantic in scope that it's impossible to manage alone so it's good that they got QLON as partner to help them with it

No AAA game is made completely in-house, so yes.

I mean, over 1500 people worked on The Witcher 3 when CDPR was a lot smaller than now
www.vg247.com

Over 1,500 people worked on The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

The Witcher 3 is awesome, and when you see the scope of the project and the passion behind it you start to get an inkli…

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is in line with the rumor that current gen consoles aren't running the game very well. They could be bringing these people in to get the console ports up to speed

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
This is in line with the rumor that current gen consoles aren't running the game very well. They could be bringing these people in to get the console ports up to speed
There's no indication of whether the game is suffering from poor performance, scenario-breaking bugs, or any other number of issues that can arise during software development

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I'm fairly certain they've been on board for quite a while.

Or I'm completely misremembering things.

Truly Gargantuan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm saying that it doesn't support or deny that rumor at all.
Rumor: CDPR having trouble with console performance of CP2077
News: A studio known for assisting in ports and QA collaborating on CP2077 development

I don't see how this news doesn't fall in line with the rumor. It doesn't confirm it completely, but it definitely corroborates with what we've been told.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
common sense dictates that code running on consoles need to be optimized to run a game, why does it even matter?

Does anyone thinnk they're going to get the game running HIGH on pc the same as a console?

Raise your hand.

Game development across a bunch of platforms is hard.

If we didn't have system warriors, they could likely just say we need help optimizing the game to run on consoles within a timeframe, and --- gasp -- nothing would happen. Its a giant effort, looking forward to it. Wish they'd just push it until its ready, instead of crunch time. But hey, thats capitalism.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
Rumor: CDPR having trouble with console performance of CP2077
News: A studio known for assisting in ports and QA collaborating in CP2077 development

I don't see how this news doesn't fall in line with the rumor. It doesn't confirm it completely, but it definitely corroborates with what we've been told.
I already told you. QLOC''s involvement is just as likely to be about performance as it is for any other number of known issues that the game could have right now. So if there's just as much chance that the QLOC news has to do with that performance rumor, as it has nothing to do with that performance rumor, how can you say that it "is in line" with it?

Truly Gargantuan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I already told you. QLOC''s involvement is just as likely to be about performance as it is for any other number of known issues that the game could have right now. So if there's just as much chance that the QLOC news has to do with that performance rumor, as it has nothing to do with that performance rumor, how can you say that it "is in line" with it?
I mean you're right, it totally could be anything. It's just that the timing from delay to rumor to this announcement all were pretty close together and, in my mind, seem sequential.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Of course there was already a thread....

Mods of ERA, please fix already that fucking worthless piece of search this site is using. Holy shit it's bad.