• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
I imagine it will get a similar treatment to Quake 1?
really enjoyed that version so im down for this for sure, and itll be on gamepass so thats an ez cop

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Excited to replay one of the best FPS games ever made again. This game was my childhood

Hope it's being done by Nightdive

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
The only Quake game I've ever owned in its contemporary time but I never could play it because my PC when I bought it couldn't run it (and I didn't know that at the time).

I'll buy this right away and finally fuckin play it lol

Nov 2, 2017
I might well be mixing it up with quake 1, but I'm pretty sure there was some licensing crap where you didn't get the soundtrack with digital copies? So you had to find them online and fiddle with sourceports and shit just to play the game with its OST

It's DEFINITELY the case for 1, but I swear it happened with 2 as well

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
I might well be mixing it up with quake 1, but I'm pretty sure there was some licensing crap where you didn't get the soundtrack with digital copies? So you had to find them online and fiddle with sourceports and shit just to play the game with its OST

Didn't 1 have tge ost on the game disc too? I remember putting it in my stereo, at least I think I do.

Mar 5, 2019

The remastered version of Quake 1 from a couple years ago(which was given to all owners of digital copies) restored the soundtrack. I assume they'll do the same with 2.

Wrench

Jan 19, 2022
yesss-kip-napoleon-dynamite.gif

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020

I don't think it was licensing, I think it was just how the game was programmed. With Quake 2 the CD was also a music CD that you could stick into a CD player and listen to the music on, and the game was programmed to play the music from the CD based on what level you were on and what not.

So the remaster won't have any problems like that, since it won't be designed to be played with the CD in the drive, and will have all the music included

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Free upgrade pleeeease, i just bought quake 2 for 1 dollar on GMG for this lol

emperor bohe

Oct 27, 2017
been waiting for this to drop before i replayed Quake 2, i'm in. mp is still really fun in this game, but imo the single player is better in Quake 1

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
Will there be upgrades from current versions of Q2, or is this a full-price release only?

Status
Not open for further replies.