• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Raigor

May 14, 2020

Quake

The Original, Dark Fantasy FPS, Enhanced

www.nintendo.co.uk

QUAKE

Developed by the award-winning id Software, Quake® is the ground-breaking, original dark fantasy first-person shooter that inspires today’s retro-style FPS games.

www.microsoft.com

Buy Quake - Microsoft Store

Developed by the award-winning id Software, Quake® is the ground-breaking, original dark fantasy first-person shooter that inspires today’s retro-style FPS games. Now, experience the authentic, updated, and visually enhanced version of the original.

PlayStation®5 playable in backwards compatibility mode at launch, free native upgrade coming soon.

Developed by the award-winning id Software, Quake® is the ground-breaking, original dark fantasy first-person shooter that inspires today's retro-style FPS games. Now, experience the authentic, updated, and visually enhanced version of the original.

Experience the Original Game, Enhanced
Enjoy the original, authentic version of Quake, now with up to 4K* and widescreen resolution support, enhanced models, dynamic and colored lighting, anti-aliasing, depth of field, the original, atmospheric soundtrack and theme song by Trent Reznor, and more. There's never been a better time to play Quake.

Play the Dark Fantasy Campaign
You are Ranger, a warrior armed with a powerful arsenal of weapons. Fight corrupted knights, deformed ogres and an army of twisted creatures across four dark dimensions of infested military bases, ancient medieval castles, lava-filled dungeons and gothic cathedrals in search of the four magic runes. Only after you have collected the runes will you hold the power to defeat the ancient evil that threatens all of humanity.

Get the Original & New Expansion Packs
Quake also comes with both original expansion packs: "The Scourge of Armagon" and "Dissolution of Eternity," as well as two expansions developed by the award-winning team at MachineGames: "Dimension of the Past," and the all-new "Dimension of the Machine."

Discover the All-New "Dimension of the Machine" Expansion
In the deepest depths of the labyrinth lies the core of lava and steel known only as The Machine. Crusade across time and space against the forces of evil to bring together the lost runes, power the dormant machine, and open the portal hiding the greatest threat to all known worlds—destroy it...before it destroys us all.

Enjoy Online & Local Multiplayer and CO-OP
Fight through the dark fantasy base campaign and expansions in 4-player online or local split-screen co-op, and compete in pure, retro-style combat with support for 8-player (online) or 4-player (local split-screen) matches. Featuring dedicated server support for online matchmaking and peer-to-peer support for custom matches.

Download Additional, Free Mods & Missions
Expand your experience with free, curated, fan-made and official mods and missions such as Quake 64, which is available to download and play now. More fan-made and official mods and missions coming soon.

Play Together with Crossplay
Play the campaign and all expansion packs cooperatively or go toe-to-toe in multiplayer matches with your friends regardless of platform!

* Maximum display resolutions vary by platform.

Last edited:

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Coloured lighting. Man, that was so cool on Quake 64.

Hyped for this.

--edit

"Expand your experience with free, curated, fan-made and official mods and missions such as Quake 64, which is available to download and play now." speak of the devil...

OP
OP

Raigor

May 14, 2020
Microsoft Store listing

www.microsoft.com

Buy Quake - Microsoft Store

Developed by the award-winning id Software, Quake® is the ground-breaking, original dark fantasy first-person shooter that inspires today’s retro-style FPS games. Now, experience the authentic, updated, and visually enhanced version of the original.

Nintendo eShop as well

www.nintendo.com

QUAKE for Nintendo Switch - Nintendo Official Site

Buy QUAKE and shop other great Nintendo products online at the official My Nintendo Store.

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
I'll probably wait until I've played both Doom 2 et 64 (never played any of them) but I'll be buying that for sure.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games

strudelkuchen

Oct 25, 2017
unknown.png

eww

(from the switch store page)

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Will give it a try on gamepass. Dont think ive ever played the og quake

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Tangential question: Was this placeholder for (presumably) the pack-in version of Quake 2 for 360 always listed on Xbox.com? I don't see a "published" date for reference:

Quake 2

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
Here are the achievements.

www.trueachievements.com

Quake Achievements

Here is the full list of all 35 Quake achievements worth 1,000 gamerscore. It takes around 2-3 hours to unlock all of the achievements on Xbox One.

Croash

Oct 27, 2017
Just bought it on Steam a few weeks ago for that VR mod on Oculus Quest 2, so this also comes at the right time. Last year was all about Doom for me, time to discover the other juggernaut.

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
One of the few ID games I have never played all the way through (only had the Shareware version back in the day). I actually own a sealed version of the boxed PC version though.

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
Very cool, hopefully it's a quick add to GamePass and then I can pick it up on Switch in a country or months on sale like I did Doom 1/2/64

Martin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
screenshot2021-08-19adijr5.png

So strange to see all those other consoles mentioned on the eshop.

Love gyro and crossplay, will directly get it!

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
I notice that for crossplay the sony/ms releases just say

"Play Together with Crossplay
Play the campaign and all expansion packs cooperatively or go toe-to-toe in multiplayer matches with your friends regardless of platform!
"

whereas the switch one says

"Play Together with Crossplay
Play the campaign and all expansion packs cooperatively or go toe-to-toe in multiplayer matches with your friends regardless of platform! Crossplay is supported among PC (controller-enabled), Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, PS5 and Nintendo Switch.
"

nintendo don't care lol

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Man I do love me an id shadow drop.

Glad to see online made it in; it's sorely missing in the Doom ports.

In for a Switch copy, and I'll probably pick up a few of the other Bethesda games that are on sale as well, because why not.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
If they don't have Arcane Dimensions in their curated mods pipeline then... I dunno. Neat release for non-PC users but man, the more people playing AD the better.

Oct 27, 2017
This is awesome! I still remember playing the shareware demo back in the mid 90s constantly until I got the game for my birthday one year.

thatJohann

Nov 17, 2020
I see Quake on the Microsoft Store for 9.99 but not on GamePass. I'm assuming it will come to GamePass later today?