• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raigor

May 14, 2020

Quake - ESRB

Quake - Mature 17+ - This is a first-person shooter in which players assume the role of a soldier that travels through time to stop an evil force from destroying humanity.

zp4oJrz.png

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
Is it yet known whether this is a re-release of the original or a new game this listing is referring to?

EDIT: Likely the re-release due to PlayStation availability.

Last edited:

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'd be happy if this was just a port, I'd love to give this a go after playing Doom 1 and 2 for the first time last year

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So excited to try this for the first time. Hopefully it's announced and released soon.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, the platforms and the description indicates that this is a re-release of the original Quake. If it was a proper new Quake game, it'll be Xbox & PC only.

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
It would seem it's a new port like the one classic Doom got.

It would be nice to have mod support for stuff like Arcane Dimensions

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
Remastered re-release i think.

This is MachineGames, doubt ID next AAA project is going to be multiplatform.
Oh, I momentarily forgot about the whole Bethesda thing. Yeah, this has to be the re-release. That's okay, though, as I was more so interested in a re-release of the original, anyway. I really hope they include the soundtrack.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
"Battles are accompanied by gunfire sounds screams of pain and large explosions"

Alright.

Cool.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Remaster is nice I guess. Some of the best content is via mods though.

Hoping that it might support approved WADs like the Doom ports did.

doomwiki.org

Official add-ons

The official add-ons are third-party PWADs that can be downloaded for free from Bethesda.net to be played with the Doom Classic Unity port. Since console manufacturers do not usually allow players to use third-party content unless vetted by the publisher of the game, the official add-ons system...

800px-Doom_xbone_addons.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
Man I am glad this is happening.

I have so many friends that couldn't be bothered to try Quake 1 cause they don't care for PC. Even though I offered to fix it up for them.

Really lovely game. I have it on my Vita as well to play it on the go.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
well, it seems we are all about to feel one hell of a QUAKE

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Id staying multiplatform would be cool of MS

This is one of the "legacy" situations Spencer alluded to. Quake is a 25-year-old game that was ported to consoles back in its heyday, and a re-release with some sprinkles on top isn't going to have any impact whatsoever on whether someone chooses Console A over Console B.

Edit:
Yeah, as I said to Voodoo, I know that's chiefly what he was referring to. Also, I wasn't suggesting all future games in long-running IPs would be multiplatform, just specific cases like this one, where the game in question is a classic title that hit consoles in the past and is being "[re-released] with some sprinkles on top". A bona fide AAA remake/reboot a la Doom 2016 would absolutely be exclusive to Xbox + PC.

Last edited:

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Nice. Is this worth playing for the first time as someone who absolutely adores Classic Doom?

Status
Not open for further replies.