• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Contexts of those cases can be found here:
www.resetera.com

[Update: QD responds] Game workers unions issue a call for testimonies over potential cases of sexual harassment and assault at Quantic Dream

Edit: Original statement was one translated (by me) from French union Solidaires Informatique but here's the one from Game Workers Unite (it's the same, just better worded) Source : Game Workers Unite *** Edit: Quantic Dream put a statement that says basically nothing and they claim they are...

On November 21st, the Prud'hommes Court has found Quantic Dream guilty of violating security obligations by not reacting quickly enough to the ongoing harassment and toxic working conditions against its employees, and in particular its former IT manager which is the one bringing the case in front of the courts. The court has condemned the french studio to pay 5000€ of indemnities to the former IT manager as well as 2000€ of legal allowances.

The cases are not done yet though as this same IT manager appealed concerning another humiliating photomontage which has not been considered in this first condemnation. Quantic Dream, on the other hand, pressed charges back against its former IT manager claiming that he stole internal data before resigning from the company. Note that Quantic Dream also filed a defamation claim against Mediapart and LeMonde, two newspaper which first broke the news over a year ago.

Sources:
www.tryagame.fr

Quantic Dream condamné dans l'affaire des photomontages orduriers

Quantic Dream a été condamné pour avoir laissé circuler en interne des photomontages injurieux mettant en scène des salariés de l'entreprise.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
some the reactions to this news when it first broke out and the amount of people who dismissed it and accused the publications of making things up, just cuz they were blindly defending a game developer, still disgusts me.

DJwest

Oct 26, 2017
I really like their games so it's disappointing to hear that a lot of shit happened to employees there

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
some the reactions to this news when it first broke out and the amount of people who dismissed it and accused the publications of making things up, just cuz they were blindly defending a game developer, still disgusts me.
Wonder if them not being an exclusive studio anymore will change some of those views....

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Not really surprised by this outcome, especially after how they reacted to these allegations.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
some the reactions to this news when it first broke out and the amount of people who dismissed it and accused the publications of making things up, just cuz they were blindly defending a game developer still disgusts me.

Here's another interesting fact now that justice has spoken on the matters. When the news broke over a year ago, several french youtubers and "internet personalities" came out defending with all their might the company, explaining to their fans that the whole thing is made up from some former employee holding a grudge against the company. Soon after this defense force started to ramp up, someone leaked a facebook post from Quantic Dream employees asking specific people to make use of their "power to influence opinions".
Amongst the people from that totally unsuspicious defense force is Julien Chieze, an ex-games blogger that often gets quoted here for his "game rumors".

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Here's another interesting fact now that justice has spoken on the matters. When the news broke over a year ago, several french youtubers and "internet personalities" came out defending with all their might the company, explaining to their fans that the whole thing is made up from some former employee holding a grudge against the company. Soon after this defense force started to ramp up, someone leaked a facebook post from Quantic Dream employees asking specific people to make use of their "power to influence opinions".
Amongst the people from that totally unsuspicious defense force is Julien Chieze, an ex-games blogger that often gets quoted here for his "game rumors".

That legal to do?

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
smh, but not surprised in the slightest.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Not surprised in the slightest. The way they responded in light of the reports was not great (to be kind).

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017
Also worth pointing the trial for QD vs Le Monde & Mediapart (QD sued both outlets after they broke the story and threatened others if they covered the issue) is set for December 5th. Though there is a big national strike this day so it might be postponed.

Deleted member 2652

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
they only had to pay 7k? was anyone fired over this?

also if i recall correctly, didn't sony also try to push this under the rug? didn't they do an investigation of their own or was that only naughty dog?

Last edited:

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Nice.
Well deserved considering all the info that came out about this, and multiple cases are still open too.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Now that they're not part of their "team" we won't be seeing many of the former defenders going to bat for David Cage and his company.

Why everything needs to be console warring...

You never saw people defending wrong things at Rockstar and others?

I'm glad Sony isn't with them anymore

nillansan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denmark

Tim Soret, the bigot that's the lead dev on The Last Night, was also a part of this defence force, which isn't surprising since he is making a game catering to Gamergaters.

Deleted member 4413

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love QD games, but when ethe news first broke about all this I decided to boycott Detroit Become Human. That boycott continues to this day.

Oct 26, 2017

I remember him. Wasn't he the mastermind behind Seasons of Heaven? You know, that oh so real first ever shown off NX game not ever seen again?

Marmoka

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really glad Sony is no more funding their games. It's the best they could have done.

Screw QD. Never ever buy their games until things drastically change in this company.

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chieze is so trash, It's sad that he still has any kind of influence inside the French gaming industry.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
Seem to recall she was pissed when she found out that Cage did a shower scene of her without her knowledge (which admittedly is creepy as hell) even as far as to look into a lawsuit about it against them.

Wow, I didn't know about this.
Knowing her work as an activist she must also be pissed about these lawsuits (if she heard about them).
It's a shame that her first gig in the industry happened to be with the wrong people, I doubt she'll do another game which is regrettable since she's great.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
That QD email is incredible. So many dog whistles:
- calls that IT manager an "uptight, frustrated bastard" (note: in French "frustré" means "frustrated" but it's often implied to be "sexually" frustrated, in this context it's obviously the subtext here)
- lists the allegations of sexist and exclusionary behaviour such as the offensive t-shirts, boob mousepads, sharing pin-up photos, etc. as "garbage" and yet, and yet, adds at the end, "dude, ever even visited a video game studio?". Basically, "this didn't happen and this is slanderous, but even if it did it's totally normal duuuude".
- Admits that in a large studio "of course there's gonna be jokes sometimes" but it's nothing that serious and work conditions are more than fine.... adding, and I quote, "presuming that you aren't a rigid psycho 😫 ".

Even disregarding the fact that calling on your influencer friends to mount up a defense on social media is incredibly sketchy, the rest of the email is so damning that it's laughable. "We're totally innocent I swear, only prudish, frigid stuck-up assholes have a problem with our totally not-misogynistic non-toxicity". Can't make this shit up.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seem to recall she was pissed when she found out that Cage did a shower scene of her without her knowledge (which admittedly is creepy as hell) even as far as to look into a lawsuit about it against them.

It wasn't so much the shower scene as it was the fully modeled and textured naked body for her that they made so anyone that used a free camera hack could see a fully nude model in those scenes.

I believe the Sony Email hack revealed that Sony eventually paid her a bunch of money because of it.

Deleted member 30005

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Now that they're not part of their "team" we won't be seeing many of the former defenders going to bat for David Cage and his company.

we would be on page 7 or 8 in this thread if that was still the case. now way less people care about this situation.

The reverse is also true. Less people care about this situation after Sony cut ties with Quantic Dream, because there is less justification to exploit the topic to attack Sony. Unless you believe it was only Sony fanboys that propelled the previous threads to 7-8 pages. Even now your main interest in this thread seems to be attacking Sony "defenders", less so the details of the actual case. So just stop.

Apart from that, people have already expressed their opinion at length in previous threads.

Femto0

Banned
Apr 28, 2018
they only had to pay 7k? was anyone fired over this?

also if i recall correctly, didn't sony also try to push this under the rug? didn't they do an investigation of their own or was that only naughty dog?
I think it was for ND no for quantic dreams who is an independent studio

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
Very disgusted reading through the series of events. It's the kind of destructive behavior which further validates the stories and unsurprisingly lead to the worst outcome they could have done.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
I really liked detroit and was willing to give QD the benefit of the doubt, but the evidence is just overwhelming and its hard to justify supporting them without massive changes and compensation being made.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Let's not forget Cage's absolutely ridiculous response to these disgusting allegations.

"You want to talk homophobia? We work with Ellen Page who is fighting for LGBT right. You want to talk racism? We are working with Jesse Williams on civil rights in the USA. Judge my work."

Get out. I won't judge you by your work. I'll judge you by the toxic masculinity and racism in your workplace.