• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
But you should hold accountable the heads of the studio for fostering such a work environnement.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think I have a far better idea than you? The question you should ask is do you?
What do you think these papers never made a mistake? Or printed something wrong?
These papers are owned by people who are wealthy and that have political agendas. They are there to make money and fulfill their polital needs. Maybe you think they are run by some people who are the worlds unbiased saviors.
There are bad apples at QD but that's true with any organisation with 200+ people in one building. But you can't tarnish the whole studio cause of a few choice cunts
well in this case the creepy cunt just happens to be the head of the studio and the director of the game. i don't understand what's wrong with people boycotting the game. it happens all the time. it's understandable that people don't want to reward terrible people with their money.

Oct 27, 2017
When the bad apples are at the top, it's a little more serious than the janitor wearing a MAGA hat to go to work, no?
If you learned that the CEO of GAP directly commissioned children to do their clothes and imposed horrible conditions on its workers, you would still shop there?
Wait, you honestly think the CEO of big companies like Apple, Samsung, H&M etc arent aware of the working conditions in their factories in Asia?

They just deal better with bad rep. There's whole departments in these companies that deal with bad reputations. QD is just bad at it.

Pooh

Oct 25, 2017
The Hundred Acre Wood
I guess if somebody runs a company with unethical prcatices but they surround themselves with enough people who may or may not be contributing to such practices they should be immune to boycotts?

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
I think I have a far better idea than you? The question you should ask is do you?
What do you think these papers never made a mistake? Or printed something wrong?
These papers are owned by people who are wealthy and that have political agendas. They are there to make money and fulfill their polital needs. Maybe you think they are run by some people who are the worlds unbiased saviors.
There are bad apples at QD but that's true with any organisation with 200+ people in one building. But you can't tarnish the whole studio cause of a few choice cunts
Your not making sense what is the political agenda achieved by falsely reporting QD work environments? What do they gain from doing so if they open themselves up to lawsuits. it's not like like lying about QD's poor work conditions are shift a substantial amount of paper sales to the average public. What's the big benefit here.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
the idea that journalists from three reputable organizations banded together to publish fake articles about the toxic environment of a game studio, used fake and unreliable sources is beyond crazy, and to somehow relate that to their political leanings doesn't make any sense either.
what do they have to gain from making this stuff up? if any time a piece of investigative journalism like this comes out and all people have to say about it is that they would rather stick up for their beloved companies than believing the journalists, that's very discouraging and it would mean journalists won't bother going after those stories in the future.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
French workers are protected by the law. If such abuse was widespread and common practice, there would have been sanctions applied to QD. When QD was investigated, the charges were dismissed.

They had 3 legal actions against them, two they won, and a third on going.

And none for "harassement and discrimination".
But they are suing those who reported it, therefore they are guilty of everything since only a guilty party would try to uphold their rights through litigation.
Your not making sense what is the political agenda achieved by falsely reporting QD work environments? What do they gain from doing so if they open themselves up to lawsuits. it's not like like lying about QD's poor work conditions are shift a substantial amount of paper sales to the average public. What's the big benefit here.
Reporting should be done with responsibility to the truth, and it seems QD has a case for that particular story not being true, simple as that.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
It may be a good idea to read this post.

AxeVince

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know about the tech industry in Paris but sexism is strife in Silicon Valley. There are so many horror stories only the worst offenders seem to be punished at all. If Cage is risking all this money to go to court, there must be more than an adequate amount of evidence to support these claims and Cage is trying to systemically distance himself from the charges as much as possible (ie: Blame someone else in passing).

France in general has several problems, like racism, homophobia and sexism.
Cage and some associates did not only use intimidation and profer very bad jokes, his right hand got laid of for "divergence of opinions" and rehired two weeks later with more than 10k and after getting a lot of public (the studio receives a lot of government funding) money as a severence check.
I am sure they have enough money to get through the lawsuit as it's the company that will get bashed/fined at the end.

AlexCampy89

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
You cannot be serious. Cage and Guillaume admitted to their existence.
Pu4o8o.jpg

You are also implying 3 different media outlets made around 600 fake photomontages of multiple QD employees just to run a story.

As you can see the photos are "caricatures" and were made to the higher-ups as well. Heck, at least one of those pics depicted QD boss and David Cage themselves in no pleasant way, so they are supposed victims too, according to your line of thought.

Plus, the article doesn't say who actually did MOST (key word) of the photos, and, out of the alleged 600 pics, not all of them have been recognized as part of the supposed harassment.

THERE is no proof of the authenticity of said pics because the simple fact that some of those pics were recognized as the ones exposed or sent via email, doesn't make them authentic or a trial worthy proof.

Again for the last time, this is just you and others like you believing the whisper you want to hear, and ignoring, and hating and condemning the other side without actual proofs.

And I give no shit to Le Monde's reputation, that newspaper isn't immune to error, failure or sensationalism.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the idea that journalists from three reputable organizations banded together to publish fake articles about the toxic environment of a game studio, used fake and unreliable sources is beyond crazy, and to somehow relate that to their political leanings doesn't make any sense either.
what do they have to gain from making this stuff up? if any time a piece of investigative journalism like this comes out and all people have to say about it is that they would rather stick up for their beloved companies than believing the journalists, that's very discouraging and it would mean journalists won't bother going after those stories in the future.
some really dumb "gamers" showing their ass in their thread thinking fucking Le Monde has a "political need" to attack Quantic Dream. Just throwing "fake news" around showing their complete ignorance and overall stupidness.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Having some flashbacks of the old site in this thread jfc.
Theres also some irony that people forget how this site was brought together and then spitting on that idea with this being sorta similar
aka old site to here : I believe the victim to this case being : I dont believe the news or victims I need facts/evidence

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
and to those saying they published those articles for money, yeah. god knows the general public only buys newspapers for the investigative pieces on video game studios. if those journalists cared about money god knows there's a lot more money to be made by being shills for companies and writing advertisements disguised as reviews.

John Wick

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
But you should hold accountable the heads of the studio for fostering such a work environnement.

But that's the problem. Is it that bad? Or is it a couple of disgruntled ex employees? Have the 200+ staff been interviewed or asked their opinion? Maybe that should be the next step from these 3 news outlets? If it is widespread and really that bad then the heads have to go

Oct 25, 2017
As you can see the photos are "caricatures" and were made to the higher-ups as well. Heck, at least one of those pics depicted QD boss and David Cage themselves in no pleasant way, so they are supposed victims too, according to your line of thought.

Plus, the article doesn't say who actually did MOST (key word) of the photos, and, out of the alleged 600 pics, not all of them have been recognized as part of the supposed harassment.

THERE is no proof of the authenticity of said pics because the simple fact that some of those pics were recognized as the ones exposed or sent via email, doesn't make them authentic or a trial worthy proof.

Again for the last time, this is just you and others like you believing the whisper you want to hear, and ignoring, and hating and condemning the other side without actual proofs.

And I give no shit to Le Monde's reputation, that newspaper isn't immune to error, failure or sensationalism.
So you went from "there are no proofs" to "those proofs aren't worth shit because I can speculate".

Also, I didn't say anything about Le Monde. My point is that there are three completely different outlets (Canarde isn't even a newspaper, as far as I'm aware) and they would have to to go around collecting pictures of multiple QD employees to fake the evidence. Three completely different outlets. Doing that. At once. Just to trash QD. Sounds a little bit far fetched to me.

But thanks for clarifying that I'm just another ignorant who only listens to one side, unlike you, that knows every reporting source on the planet is a untrunstable lying pit that hates QD and us thinking that there are some truth to the reports are just piling on the bandwagon.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But that's the problem. Is it that bad? Or is it a couple of disgruntled ex employees? Have the 200+ staff been interviewed or asked their opinion? Maybe that should be the next step from these 3 news outlets? If it is widespread and really that bad then the heads have to go
If you bothered to read you would know they interview a lot of both ex and current employees on the matter.

John Wick

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Wait, you honestly think the CEO of big companies like Apple, Samsung, H&M etc arent aware of the working conditions in their factories in Asia?

They just deal better with bad rep. There's whole departments in these companies that deal with bad reputations. QD is just bad at it.

That's the problem with this argument. People are very quick to condemn QD and let's boycott their game but yet they will continue to buy products that were made in far far worse conditions. Anyone with an ounce of sense can research this but like I said most turn a blind eye because it doesn't fit the narrative or that deep down they know they couldn't buy the majority of things they have with a good clean conscience.

Nov 1, 2017
FL, United States
France in general has several problems, like racism, homophobia and sexism.
Cage and some associates did not only use intimidation and profer very bad jokes, his right hand got laid of for "divergence of opinions" and rehired two weeks later with more than 10k and after getting a lot of public (the studio receives a lot of government funding) money as a severence check.
I am sure they have enough money to get through the lawsuit as it's the company that will get bashed/fined at the end.

I don't doubt they have enough resources, if they happen to win the defendant will likely cover court costs anyways, but if you're going to put in the time and effort there must be something explicit that's putting the studio's future sales at risk. Otherwise it would simply be ignored and life would move on. Just like just about every other example of abuse in the gaming industry.

AlexCampy89

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
So you went from "there are no proofs" to "those proofs aren't worth shit because I can speculate".[/QUOTE ]

No, you haven't read. I said that those aren't proofs worthy of a trial, a more sensible version of "those proofs ain't no shit".
In case you don't know, proofs are not something you can speculate or debate. If we are still debating if those pics are proofs or not, then the answer is easy.

Also, I didn't say anything about Le Monde. My point is that there are three completely different outlets (Canarde isn't even a newspaper, as far as I'm aware) and they would have to to go around collecting pictures of multiple QD employees to fake the evidence. Three completely different outlets. Doing that. At once. Just to trash QD. Sounds a little bit far fetched to me.

Have you forgotten about the Michael Jackson case? How many tabloids, and newspapers, newsflashes, and media outlets, talk shows and only God knows what else were sure of MJ guilt? And how it turned out? The accuser admitted he made everything up.

But thanks for clarifying that I'm just another ignorant who only listens to one side, unlike you, that knows every reporting source on the planet is a untrunstable lying pit that hates QD and us thinking that there are some truth to the reports are just piling on the bandwagon.

I never called you "ignorant" either, but misinterpretation of words must be one of your hobbies or something like that. I have nothing against you. I am just saying that, like me, you are in no position to judge either way. I am fully aware of this, but you seem to ignore it.
That's it, but I'm done with this thread.

Kcannon

Oct 30, 2017

And yet you give a shit to a videogame company that has a good deal of reports against its practices and environments.

It's not only Le Monde that did the reporting after all.

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
I hope QD has a case here, and what was written doesn't reflect what's actually happening at the studio. No one should have to work in the environment those articles described.

John Wick

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
some really dumb "gamers" showing their ass in their thread thinking fucking Le Monde has a "political need" to attack Quantic Dream. Just throwing "fake news" around showing their complete ignorance and overall stupidness.

Nobody in this thread has stated that any of the papers printed anything about QD for political reasons.
And Why are you saying some gamers are showing their dumb asses in their thread just because they don't agree with you or aren't already acting judge jury and executioner???
Also you'll find all newspapers are involved with political agendas one way or another just not videogames

Oct 25, 2017
MJ was a big celebrity and anything involving him would move papers. It's not comparable to QD at all. Unless you have any idea as to why those three outlets that aren't tabloids would want to screw with the reputation of a game studio from their own country?

And you literally lumped me with another posters as willfully ignorant of QD's side of the story because we want to side with accusers always. But ok, lol. If I'm a dude who just wants to believe accusers, you are a dude who just wants them to be liars.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Success is bait of envy.

I used Le Monde as the most important example, never said that they were the only one.
Yeah all these newspapers and current + ex-employees decided to fabricate hit pieces against a man with a history of sexism. That sure sounds more likely than a sexist being even more sexist behind closed doors.

Ometeotl

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone needs to know how supportive I am of Sony companies, it's the only way I can survive on this forum. All these allegations against QD are obvious lies by biased newspapers that benefit from tearing down a video game developer for reasons too complex for you sheep to understand!

okayfrog

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That person isn't buying the game and is telling others not to buy the game because they believe:
-David Cage to be racist, or
-David Cage to be sexist, or
-suing websites for investigative journalism is harmful to the idea of an open press, or
-the working conditions at QD are abhorrent.

You are buying the game because:
-spite.

I get it! You want to tell this person that they can't tell you what to do. But stand back for a sec and try and understand why that person feels it's so important to try and get others to go along with them.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Everyone needs to know how supportive I am of Sony companies, it's the only way I can survive on this forum. All these allegations against QD are obvious lies by biased newspapers that benefit from tearing down a video game developer for reasons too complex for you sheep to understand!
i didn't want to say it, but yeah. i SERIOUSLY doubt most of the people defending QD in this thread would have bothered if it wasn't about a studio that only works with sony. if it was some random studio working for a third party publishers most of those people would have condemned the studio too. it almost seems there's like a cult that has to ensure the success of every sony published game or ps exclusive, no matter what that entails. i'm not trying to be a hater or a fan boy but that's seriously the only way i can explain some posts here for myslef.

AlexCampy89

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
MJ was a big celebrity and anything involving him would move papers. It's not comparable to QD at all. Unless you have any idea as to why those three outlets that aren't tabloids would want to screw with the reputation of a game studio from their own country?

And you literally lumped me with another posters as willfully ignorant of QD's side of the story because we want to side with accusers always. But ok, lol. If I'm a dude who just wants to believe accusers, you are a dude who just wants them to be liars.

Where in the hell did I wrote that all accusers have to be liars?
I'm just saying that you are not supposed to believe any side unless a true, actual proof is brought up. And as far as I can tell, I see no proof.

If QD is guilty, is up to a judge and a jury or whatever is used in the French legal system to pronounce the sentence, and not some random user on Resetera or similar (which includes me too).

QD might be found innocent for lack of proofs, and this wouldn't make them automatically morally innocent.
I wasn't there.
And I am not QD lawyer, and so please stop feeding words I never wrote.
I believe in QD innocence, as well in the innocence of anyone else, until proven otherwise.
What is reported in the newspapers isn't a proof.
If QD will be proved guilty by the French legal system, and not opinions or articles, then I will gladly support the employees that have been harassed.

Oct 25, 2017
That person isn't buying the game and is telling others not to buy the game because they believe:
-David Cage to be racist, or
-David Cage to be sexist, or
-suing websites for investigative journalism is harmful to the idea of an open press, or
-the working conditions at QD are abhorrent.

You are buying the game because:
-spite.

I get it! You want to tell this person that they can't tell you what to do. But stand back for a sec and try and understand why that person feels it's so important to try and get others to go along with them.

I'm buying it because it looks like a game I will really enjoy playing. That's the beginning and end of it.

okayfrog

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm buying it because it looks like a game I will really enjoy playing. That's the beginning and end of it.
Yes, but you also feel the need to tell this other person -- who is trying to get others not to buy it -- that you're buying it. Clearly "I'm buying it because it looks like a game I will really enjoy playing" is not the beginning nor end of it.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Yeah and that's whatever, but it's kind of childish to respond to a post with genuine concern over sexist/terrible working conditions with "I'm buying it anyway lol". Like, you can just buy it and that's the end of it.

Germanzepp

Mar 7, 2018
Innocent until proven guilty is a legal standard used in criminal proceedings. It's not a standard that is, or should be used, to evaluate revelations or reporting (or, in fact, much of anything - it's a bar deliberately set very high!) People aren't going around thinking "unless I see a bulletproof case and carefully disassemble every alibi, I can't ever think someone did something wrong", and it's unhelpful to bring in "innocent until proven guilty" into conversations where it doesn't belong.

Let me put it this way. I dont bealieve any accusation until i see proves . I dont have time right now to read that paper. Is there any proves or some testimonies?

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
But they are suing those who reported it, therefore they are guilty of everything since only a guilty party would try to uphold their rights through litigation.

Reporting should be done with responsibility to the truth, and it seems QD has a case for that particular story not being true, simple as that.
They are not suing for it not being true, they are alledging that the newspapers were bias and didn't give them good enough opportunity to respond - that's different then the story not being true.

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, but you also feel the need to tell this other person -- who is trying to get others not to buy it -- that you're buying it. Clearly "I'm buying it because it looks like a game I will really enjoy playing" is not the beginning nor end of it.

Didn't people get warned for telling people not to buy Kingdom Come Deliverance? I have a feeling we will need a similar rule for this game's review and OT when it drops.

Oct 27, 2017
They were only given 11 days total before it went to press. So not 11 full work days so not a whole lot of time to respond.

Okay, fair enough. Unless that has contravened some specific laws then I guess it's up to a judge to decide if that was a reasonable amount of time to respond. You have to assume QD believe they have a good case if they're suing these newspapers.

BillyMays

Banned
Mar 15, 2018
Didn't people get warned for telling people not to buy Kingdom Come Deliverance? I have a feeling we will need a similar rule for this game's review and OT when it drops.

We can only hope

People are inclined to side on whatever moral ground they want to not purchase the game but to shit all over the good people at QD and Sony who have worked hard is just pathetic as fuck.