• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

kubus

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't see this posted anywhere else yet, except on Gamer.nl. Quantic Dream has new job openings, two of which sound quite interesting: a "Senior Game Designer - Competitive" and one for a "Senior Game Economy Designer". Both are for their Paris location.

Senior Game Designer - Competitive:

As part of its development program, and for its ambitious upcoming productions, QUANTIC DREAM is expanding its Game Design team to strengthen the current team and participate in improving and developing Game Design.​

Requirements:​
  • You have solid experience as a Game Designer on a competitive or strategy game where you were in charge of balancing the game;
  • Familiarity with the problems of balancing a competitive game or strategy game;
  • Good knowledge of competitive games which you play regularly;

And for the Game Economy Designer:
As a Senior Game Economy Designer, you will be responsible for all aspects of the game's economic model. You will design the virtual products offered by the game, and establish metrics that allow you to measure consumer response to these virtual products during user tests and after release.

Using those metrics, you will offer data-driven recommendations to team management in order to tune purchase drivers and pricing in order to ensure the game's financial performance.​

They have a really long list of open jobs, so I'm wondering how far into production they are with their newest project. For those wondering, they're not bound to Sony anymore so their next game will be multi platform. Looking at the above two job listings it might also not be exclusively single player game anymore, or they might be working on multiple projects at once. NetEase did make a significant investment in the studio after all.​

I really enjoyed all the games they made, so I hope they don't deviate too much from their 'template' so to speak (though all of the problematic content can go away of course)​

inb4 pay $2 to unlock shower scenes.​

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Wow for some reason I somehow crossed this with Media Molecule and was so lost until I reread the title. Don't know how my brain caused that.

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
After seeing how terrible of a person Cage is and how he runs that company I won't be able to support them no matter what the make.

Id hope the media would remember how blatantly racist and homophobic Cage is but given how they treat Ubisoft I'm sure they will continue to treat them like business as normal.

Oct 28, 2017
Australia
cage-jpg.jpg

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
you have to purchase the emotions separately

$2 per shower scene

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Are they real quotes?
Yep. They came out or were referred to when he was in court.

www.resetera.com

Inside the Quantic Dream vs. Le Monde & Mediapart trial following the 2018 reports: "I'm not under oath, so can I lie?" (verdict on July 8th) News

Source: Solidaires Informatique (French workers union) https://solidairesinformatique.org/2021/05/31/quantic-dream-vs-lemonde-mediapart/ Wait, what trial? https://kotaku.com/detroit-developer-quantic-dream-sues-french-media-over-1825453518 Edit June 3rd: Missing a small D. Cage quote. Edit...

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
On one hand, it seems outside of their usual scope... but another way of looking at it is that they're branching out from only abusing some of their employees to also exploiting some of their customers.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
I'm open for them finally changing up their formula, but a simple job posting does not mean their next big project will be a MP game.

There is always a chance they will work on some mercenary jobs [like Remedy, Obsidian and many other independent teams do] in order to provide funds for bigger projects.

Catshade

Oct 26, 2017
Does this mean they're moving away from David Cage? That would be one positive thing among all their mess...

OP
OP
kubus

kubus

Oct 27, 2017
I'm open for them finally changing up their formula, but a simple job posting does not mean their next big project will be a MP game.

There is always a chance they will work on some mercenary jobs [like Remedy, Obsidian and many other independent teams do] in order to provide funds for bigger projects.
Certainly true, but the job posting do explicitly mention that they're looking for long-term employees in order to make their next "ambitious projects".

Also seems inefficient to take on external projects which they have zero experience in and have to specifically hire new talent for in order to execute them, but that's also just me speculating. Could also be an opportunity for them to experiment and maybe lay the groundwork for future projects, of course.

DrFreeman

May 9, 2020
Yeah good luck with that. Sony dropped him and I doubt any other publisher will pick this up.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
I'll wait until some solid details emerge before I go into full panic mode.

Needless to say, multiplayer and microtransactions are not the sort of thing I want to see in a QD game.

mentok15

Dec 20, 2017
Australia
Yep. They came out or were referred to when he was in court.

www.resetera.com

Inside the Quantic Dream vs. Le Monde & Mediapart trial following the 2018 reports: "I'm not under oath, so can I lie?" (verdict on July 8th) News

Source: Solidaires Informatique (French workers union) https://solidairesinformatique.org/2021/05/31/quantic-dream-vs-lemonde-mediapart/ Wait, what trial? https://kotaku.com/detroit-developer-quantic-dream-sues-french-media-over-1825453518 Edit June 3rd: Missing a small D. Cage quote. Edit...
Damn what a piece of shit.

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
LOL if they decide to push David Cage out (after all the heinous shit he pulled) I wonder how many pixels will be needed to render David's full range of emotions when he finds out he's out.

ByWatterson

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The battle pass will actually just be a hostile workplace lawsuit against David Cage.

PetrCobra

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, first/second party games exist to enhance a platform's library, not to sqeeze as much profit out of consumers as possible, so they didn't need those things until now.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe they need more money to make their next game and thought what's better than a multiplayer game with microtransactions to make money?!

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
I love QD.

I don't want multiplayer from them.

Give me Detroit 2.
The last thing the gaming industry...nah, the world, needs is "David Cage's awful take on racism and how you should be a model minority while protesting to succesfully make a difference" 2. Where in gamers do their damndest to pretend that it's not actually a game about racism.

I genuinely hate Detroit Become Human's story. And how this industry's attempts at being validated by the film industry includes praising David Cage stories instead of rightfully tearing them apart.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The last thing the gaming industry...nah, the world, needs is "David Cage's awful take on racism and how you should be a model minority while protesting to succesfully make a difference" 2. Where in gamers do their damndest to pretend that it's not actually a game about racism.

I genuinely hate Detroit Become Human's story. And how this industry's attempts at being validated by the film industry includes praising David Cage stories instead of rightfully tearing them apart.

It is DEFINITELY not about racism

EEMxugW.png

Detroit-Become-Human-Martin-Luther-King-Jr.-speech.png

David Cage can go eat shit.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
It is DEFINITELY not about racism

EEMxugW.png

Detroit-Become-Human-Martin-Luther-King-Jr.-speech.png

David Cage can go eat shit.
We literally live in the timeline where the game that baited people with the ass android has more valid things to say about nature of humanity as a whole, and somehow, despite literally having lore stating that the androids can feel sexual pleasure or some other stupid shit that people say is actually like, totally deep and metaphorical, it ends up feeling less cringe and more earnest than Detroit Become Human which has an exchange like this, a black woman talking to a Caucasian android about how they relate when it comes to oppression, because apparently in this weird android dystopia racism is over. As people have redirected that hate at androids:
puZdYkE.gif

That's how bad Detroit is. It's that bad.
YsFaEJz.png

Last edited:

medyej

Oct 26, 2017

OMG this clip is amazing.

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe it'll be a game definitely not about racism where you'll go online and get trash talked by kids definitely not throwing racist slurs at you.