• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BY2K

Membero Americo
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Québec, Canada
Fuck the CAQ, Jesus Christ.

Watch us redo that collective brain fart when the Conservatives get the power this fall.

... Fuck, I just remembered the federal elections are this fall.

Oct 25, 2017
Leave it to Tabris to derail a thread with his out of touch shit. 18 thousand people just lost the opportunity to immigrate and the whole first page is "we got great weather in BC lol :)"

Becks'

Dec 7, 2017
Canada
Population decreases without immigration but rural white people would rather go extinct than let people settle.

What bothers me the most is that these people will probably never see these immigrants as most of them will go to Montreal, at least in Quebec's case.

This is all on media. Canadian politics are too much influenced by American news networks and fearmongering through Facebook and other social networks.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
Population decreases without immigration but rural white people would rather go extinct than let people settle.

What bothers me the most is that these people will probably never see these immigrants as most of them will go to Montreal, at least in Quebec's case.

This is all on media. Canadian politics are too much influenced by American news networks and fearmongering through Facebook and other social networks.
I don't think you can blame this one on America bud

ishan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm confused by this ? Canada let's it's provinces decide immigration ? It's not a national immigration process ?

ishan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Leave it to Tabris to derail a thread with his out of touch shit. 18 thousand people just lost the opportunity to immigrate and the whole first page is "we got great weather in BC lol :)"
I mean he made a recommendation to the person in question people are concerned about . He didn't make an blanket statement like fuck Quebec bc is better etc . I don't see that as a bad thing he's trying to be helpful .

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
I'm confused by this ? Canada let's it's provinces decide immigration ? It's not a national immigration process ?
Canada was weak and granted Quebec a selection priority (based on language) many years ago.

I am against giving (p)rovinces Special Powers just because of cases like these.

ethno-nationalists have always been Xenophobic decades and a century before the advent of the internet

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hypocritical given they won't shut down the investor-class immigration program. People who loan $800K to the government go on to report some of the lowest incomes of all immigrants.

Deleted member 3183

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Have you seen Ontario lately?

It's happening everywhere.

Ford is definitely doing a lot of dumb populist shit in Ontario, but the kind of flagrant xenophobia we've been seeing in AB and QC hasn't come here just yet. I'd be skeptical considering how much of the PC's base includes POC communities in the GTA.

Terra Firma

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Have you seen Ontario lately?

It's happening everywhere.
Nah, Ontario's PCs may be idiots but they're not xenophobic. You can't be xenophobic if you want to pick up any real support in the GTA. My MPP for example is a turban wearing Sikh member of the OPC (he's also an idiot that was crediting the OPCs for the global gas price drop but that comes with being an Ontario PC).

leder

Oct 25, 2017
I was talking about politics in general, Ontario and Alberta are definitely following what US does.
Speaking of Ontario, Rob Ford was in power long before our orange shithead in chief. This level of complacency is exactly what needs to be avoided to stem the tide of right wing ethnonationalism sweeping the global. It is not limited to the US. Revisionist history and uncritical liberal Canadian exceptionalism is going to ensure the problem gets worse.