• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
ATTENTION EVERYONE: A STRAIGHT HAS A QUESTION

The product that inspired this thread was actually deodorant. Although I'm pretty sure the distinction between female and male branded deodorant is fairly minimal.
I'd imagine clothes are a bigger deal. Although too much borrowing seems like it would inspire tension when your favorite shirt is in the hamper or stained.

Oct 28, 2017
There's zero difference between smells of deodorant and perfumes between sexes, in my opinion. People just assume "flowers" is feminine, but what do you class as masculine? Musky shit? I just don't see a problem with a man smelling flowery because that's how that kind of stuff smells in general to me.

Oct 28, 2017
Yes, my I'm pansexual and my spouse is genderfluid, we're of similar sizes and can share clothes in addition to hygiene and cosmetic products.

Min

Oct 25, 2017
Also a straight guy, but my queer friends are always digging through each others' laundry baskets looking for clean clothes.

bazzi

Dec 19, 2017
My bf is bigger than me so I steal their clothes and shit all the time duh. Oversized clothes are comfy lol

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
If I have a partner who is similar in size, I think I would on occasion. For some reason, I've sort of romanticized wearing and using the other person's stuff.

Daphne

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yes, if we are similar sizes, of course. It would seem silly not to, although, there is still your stuff and their stuff and you're simply borrowing. There's still that maintenance of identity which feels important, in my experience.

Min

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, if we are similar sizes, of course. It would seem silly not to, although, there is still your stuff and their stuff and you're simply borrowing. There's still that maintenance of identity which feels important, in my experience.

That's an interesting dynamic that I definitely could see causing some light tension. Thanks for sharing the perspective!

lake

Oct 27, 2017
when relevant sizewise, yeah. your wardrobe kind of doubling can be a nice bonus

higuma

May 17, 2019
I'm 6'3 with a lanky frame and my partner is 5'0 with a sturdy frame. We share T-shirts and jackets depending on how we want stuff to fit, and we use the exact same deodorant.

eosos

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
Some stuff maybe, but we're diff sizes and I like fitted clothes so not really.

TheMan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i'm a dude and i've worn my wife deo in a pinch. Even if I cared about the scent, I don't think it's strong enough to be noticeable unless you stick your nose in my pits and take a big whiff anyway.

Deleted member 59339

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Aug 19, 2019
Clothes, no. Like, maybe some socks in a pinch.

Products, we use most of the same stuff. Everything we have is coconut scent if a coconut scent is available.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
I (female) share antiperspirant with my partner (male). Initially it was mine, that he adopted because it has a gender-neutral smell: no flowery scent, but also no excessive shitty musk-y scent like the likes of Axe or whatever. We both use the same, and we like it. We also share shower gel (again, very gender-neutral scent) and shampoo (gender-neutral as well).
We even share some skincare products to be honest, we both have our skincare routines and some products we both use.

PS: btw I'm bi, so queer still, even though in hetero-passing relationship.

Kazooie

Jul 17, 2019
Why specifically queer? I am straight and we regularly use each other's clothes or hygiene products if it is any way more comfortable or necessary.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I would not want my deoderant in someone else's armpit. That's just a step away from sharing a toothbrush.

I am just speculating since I'm straight, bbut I would think I would want to have my own clothes. I like maintaining my own identity when I'm in a relationship.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
My boyfriend and I wear the same size, so anything goes! Wouldn't share my deodorant though.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I find the wording of the title really confusing

so I'll just explain that me (male) and my boyfriend are both big guys over 6'2"and we share shower products and borrow each other's clothes.

Deleted member 59339

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Aug 19, 2019
Does the deodorant thing weird people out?

It's making contact with the freshly-washed armpit of someone you have an intimate relationship with, not a stranger who just rolled around in pig shit and then ran a marathon.

orlock

Oct 28, 2017
my partner and i (queer male and queer female) share clothes a lot. well, i guess i should say that she "borrows" my clothes a bunch, but not so much the other way around. i do often use some of their of hair care products or toothpaste. theyve used some of my deodorant but i havent used any of theirs, mostly because i dont like the scent. other than that, we're happy to interchangeably use anything we've got.