• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Small Red Boy

▲ Legend ▲
May 9, 2019
Do you like games? Do you like supporting queer people? Oh, boy, girl or enby, do I have news for you!
For the price of a single "AAA" game you can get over 200 games! With the earnings split equally between all the (queer) contributors to the bundle! That sure sounds like a steal to me!

Ok, enough with that. It seems like a great initative and I would encourge everyone to support this if you can 😊. Also, if you can't spend the $60 in the bundle, there is an option where you can pay a minimun of $10 (see FAQ).

Queer Games Bundle 2021 by Queer Games Bundle and 195 others

Queer Games Bundle 2021: 236 items for $60.00
If we had 1/3rd of the budget of an AAA game, we could give every solo developer a livable wage for a year and every single team a massive funding boost. Imagine what the developers and artists in this bundle could create a year from now if they weren't worried about starving or how to pay their rent this month.

Purchasing the Queer Games Bundle is a direct action that you can take right now to support queer people in a life changing way and in exchange you get over 200 amazing, heartfelt, fun, and radical games.

Help nurture our diverse queer arts community, fund the creation of the next great game you love, and find your new favorite game by purchasing the bundle today < 3
FAQ
What is the Queer Games Bundle? A bundle of over 200 games, software, and zines from over 190 queer artists across itch.io.

Cost? $60, the price of an AAA game (for those who cannot afford this version, there is a Pay What You Can $10-$20+ sliding scale bundle as well, although if possible, we encourage you to purchase the $60 version to support over 190 developers featured!)

All proceeds split evenly between all makers.

Last edited:

Deleted member 13148

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for sharing! I just picked it up. Not sure when I'll get a chance to play many of them, but I want to support the creators.

Nilson

Nov 5, 2017
Hey thanks, was about to make this thread!

Please support the community & get the bundle : ) For a lot of these devs, people who lost their jobs or currently work in dangerous ones, marginalized people, disabled folx who can't work, etc, this bundle works toward helping them earn a livable income. It directly supports queer artists and allows them the space and safety to continue to make and share their voices. We're collectively and without competition helping each other survive < 3

Please share it with all your communities, and if any writer or journalist is reading this, please promote it !!

ryan-ts

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for sharing, happy to buy the bundle.

Trying out Hot Seagulls in Your Area... never played a game that's this steamy and sensual.

thelongestj

Oct 27, 2017
I will definitely pick this up soon. The only game I've played is Highway Blossoms which was good. I would like to try Escape from Pleasure Planet and some of Nathalie Lawhead's (alienmelon) games.

Toma

Scratching that Itch.io http://bit.ly/ItchERA
Oct 25, 2017
More bundle galore!

Nilson

Nov 5, 2017
It's been interesting reading through the rainbow capitalism thread, and seeing what people are willing to accept as far as huge brands appropriating pride to sell mugs with rainbows on them lol

The queer games bundle has already received so much support, it's really wonderful < 3

thelongestj

Oct 27, 2017
There's a lot of visual novels in the bundle, but I was going through the games and stumbled upon a neat little Pico-8 game called Pushamo. It's a super simple, but addicting arcade block pushing game of pushing around tetrominos with a few different game modes.

I've only played for a little bit, but I can already tell that this one has really satisfying game play.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to see what games have Steam keys after you buy the bundle? Or do you have to scroll through all the games?

astro

Oct 25, 2017
There's a lot of visual novels in the bundle, but I was going through the games and stumbled upon a neat little Pico-8 game called Pushamo. It's a super simple, but addicting arcade block pushing game of pushing around tetrominos with a few different game modes.

I've only played for a little bit, but I can already tell that this one has really satisfying game play.
That is a fantastic concept, thanks for pointing it out!

Feign

Aug 11, 2020
<-- Coast
I am going to pick this up later this month. I'm so happy itch.io exists to allow all this queer content in this package and outside of it to be accessible.

Nilson

Nov 5, 2017
Just wanted to share some games folx might be interested from the bundle.

I'll start with Katja's Abyss: Tactics, this really interesting minesweeper + tactical puzzle game.
9puhzx.gif

I played a few levels of it and fell in love with its rhythm. At first the minesweeper aspect confused me (maybe I never knew how to play minesweeper lol), but once it clicked, I was addicted. You're solving minesweeper puzzles to dig for ore to complete the level, and as you dig, you encounter monsters and other traps/surprises. There's all kinds of units to unlock, and the AV is on point.

o425Ea.gif

This one's pretty deep! I bet you could get lost in the gameplay for sure < 3 thanks for supporting the bundle~

akaxiri

Oct 31, 2017
I'm just astounded about how personal and heartful most of the games on the bundle are. I can't recommend it enough. This weekend i've been playing some of the games included and wanted to highlight some of my favourites if that's ok.

Pebble witch
You're a learning witch and ur goal is to hear the rock's thoughts on the little island you're in. Sit with them and meditate, it's such a wholesome adventure. It reminded me the cozy feeling I got playing A Short Hike.

vlcsnap-2021-06-17-10h53m53s989.png

Contract Demon
You're an angel who summons a demon and they end falling in love. A short visual so sweet it melted my heart. It has great music and art. Even if u don't like visual novels, it's a great short story to read, like a fairy tale.
vlcsnap-2021-06-17-10h59m18s621.png

Space/Mech/Pilot
This totally took me by surprise. At first I wrote it off as another auto-clicker but then *BAM* it hit me with a beautiful story. I don't want to ruin any surprises but let's just say I couldn't stop playing because I was so invested in knowing what happened. One of the best characters I meet in any video game this year, so well written.

vlcsnap-2021-06-17-11h13m08s996.png

OP
OP
Small Red Boy

Small Red Boy

▲ Legend ▲
May 9, 2019
Since today is Pride (happy Pride!), and there is less than a week left to get this amazing deal, I thought I'd bump this to draw some attention for folks who might have missed it (or forgot about it!).

Courfeyrac

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Thanks for the bump, and also thanks to akaxiri and Nilson for the recommendations so far - I get so overwhelmed with the itch.io bundles that I never know where to start, so having these games as starting points to jump in is really helpful.

Toma

Scratching that Itch.io http://bit.ly/ItchERA
Oct 25, 2017
I couldnt even start looking into this bundle yet. Geez.

akaxiri

Oct 31, 2017
Thanks for the bump, and also thanks to akaxiri and Nilson for the recommendations so far - I get so overwhelmed with the itch.io bundles that I never know where to start, so having these games as starting points to jump in is really helpful.
Thank u for looking! Happened to me too, it's easy to feel lost, just follow what call you hehe.

Toma always loved your recommendations!

Here's are some more games that really connected with me. They all are short experiences, like small tales to warm your heart.

Madotsuki's Closet
Screen-Shot-2021-06-29-at-15-47-11.png

A celebration of yume niki's fan theories and how reading them made the creator found herself.

湯圓 [tong jyun]
vlcsnap-2021-06-29-14h39m53s810.png

Learn to make tong jyun to celebrate the lantern festival meanwhile you worry about your family meeting your new partner.

Do I Pass?
Screen-Shot-2021-06-29-at-15-43-21.png

With the help of a magical webpage you become a ghost and peek into the minds of others.

Taipei Metro Quest
Screen-Shot-2021-06-29-at-16-31-39.png

One of my favorite's of the bundle. You're coming back to your home in Taipei. A nostalgic trip with amazing music and a story that make you feel each word.