• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So it's not gonna be the JJ-verse?
The fact that Abrams is producing it, that Tarantino has been very insistent that to him Kirk *IS* Star Trek and the only era he is a huge fan of, and Tarantino has praised the Abrams recasting of the characters points to this almost certainly being a JJ-verse film.

Unless Abrams is producing yet another TOS reboot with a new Kirk and co which would be odd. Because everything Tarantino has said over the years is that if he did Trek it's going to be a Kirk and crew film.

Even without Tarantino the knowledge that this is a Bad Robot production with Abrams as producer pretty much locked in Paramount was giving the JJ-verse one more spin.

BocoDragon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
There are very few things you could do to get me to care about the JJ-verse Star Trek. Almost nothing.

But this is one of them.

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
He said 10 movies and that's it. The Charles Manson film will be #9, so if he directs this it'll be #10.

Do you think he'll stick to that? Give up the Godly Director's chair? What is going to give him greater satisfaction in life? golfing? lying on the beach? Having a threesome with attractive humans?

Nah. When you're THAT good at something. You can never retire. The world won't let you. Look at John Wick.
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, so is this really actually happening. It'd be an interesting way for Tarantino to go out. I can't even begin to imagine how the film will be.

Oct 28, 2017
Do you think he'll stick to that? Give up the Godly Director's chair? What is going to give him greater satisfaction in life? golfing? lying on the beach? Having a threesome with attractive humans?

Nah. When you're THAT good at something. You can never retire. The world won't let you. Look at John Wick.
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

QT's line of thought is based upon preserving his legacy. A completely left-field project like Star Trek would be one hell of a way to make an exit.

Last edited:

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think anyone actually believes Tarantino will retire after Trek. He won't be able to stop.
I think he'll probably get into TV. He has talked about wanting to do a third western (because he wants to be thought of as a 'western director' and in his mind that means doing three westerns) that would adapt Elmore Leonard's Forty Lashes Less One, but as a miniseries. He has talked about wanting to spinoff his excised 'Killer Crow' subplot from Inglourious Basterds as a miniseries. He has talked about recutting Django as a miniseries. I think TV is how he'll keep directing without affecting his 10-film filmography.

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
I think he'll probably get into TV. He has talked about wanting to do a third western (because he wants to be thought of as a 'western director' and in his mind that means doing three westerns) that would adapt Elmore Leonard's Forty Lashes Less One, but as a miniseries. He has talked about wanting to spinoff his excised 'Killer Crow' subplot from Inglourious Basterds as a miniseries. He has talked about recutting Django as a miniseries. I think TV is how he'll keep directing without affecting his 10-film filmography.
I can live with that! I most definitely can now that TV budgets can reach GoT proportions.

Deleted member 420

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I assumed Kill Bill Volume 2, Django, and Hateful Eight counts as three westerns

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I assumed Kill Bill Volume 2, Django, and Hateful Eight counts as three westerns
Westerns as in horses and six-shooters and that stuff. Inglourious Basterds is prob more of a spaghetti western in feel than Kill Bill (even though KB uses actual spaghetti western music), but that's still a WWII movie rather than a western.

Blade30

Oct 26, 2017
Has anyone posted this?

Patrick Stewart Might Reprise Jean-Luc Picard Role if Tarantino Directs 'Star Trek'
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...=referral&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

cZeDoSp.gif

I'm not really a fan of Tarantino since I've only seen a few of his movies and only liked half of it but I'm curious on what his take will be.

This is fucking insane and I can't wait to see it

Get Walt Googins in there QT

Yes, bring him on board.

The Driver

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Bro what the fuck is going on, this shit looks like it's moving so fast when I imagine it would be 3+ years out with him directing and doing promo for the Manson flick.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Bro what the fuck is going on, this shit looks like it's moving so fast when I imagine it would be 3+ years out with him directing and doing promo for the Manson flick.
Well it probably is still a ways out... the Manson movie is coming in 2019, and Trek could probably follow that no less than two years later even if they're working on that movie while shooting Manson. So, 2021 I'd guess?

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do people really think Tarantino would come up with a story that had Picard in it though? Stewart wanting to be in it is really secondary to that. Tarantino has mentioned multiple times he has only seen a handful of episodes of TNG and to him Star Trek = Kirk.

Not

Oct 25, 2017
US
PStew's interested??? This is POST-VOYAGER??

PICARD COULD DROP AN F BOMB??

HYYYPE EXCEEEEDED

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
PStew's interested??? This is POST-VOYAGER??

PICARD COULD DROP AN F BOMB??

HYYYPE EXCEEEEDED
Its a Abrams produced film. Tarantino has stated many times if he did a Trek movie it would be with Kirk, Spock, and crew. It is a near guarantee its a Kelvin Timeline film with Pine and co.

People need to stop freaking out. All Stewart said is he would love to be in a Tarantino Trek.

Daitokuji

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure how Picard would be in it. No more time travel/multiverse shenanagans please. Though that basically was Tarantino's idea from that podcast he appeared on.

Though if they dropped the entire current cast and Kelvin universe I wouldn't mind too much. The reboot series has overall been really mediocre. The first movie was another "Hero's journey" archetype though it was pretty fun. The 2nd was a non-sensical reboot/remake/whatever of Wrath of Khan that was insultingly bad. The 3rd one was like a 2 hour, big budget mediocre episode from TOS. It was the most Star Trekky of any of the films but if you strip out all the Star Trek stuff, you're left with a really bland story, characters and villain.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All he said was he would like to be in it because he's always wanted to be in a Tarantino film Tarantino has already pitched his story to Paramount and they bought it he isn't going to suddenly change it because of that all actors want to be in a Tarantino film.

Especially when Tarantino is a hardcore TOS era fan who has admitted he's not seen many TNG episodes.

People are freaking out about a non-story. I am sure Scott Bakula would like to be in a Tarantino movie doesn't mean it's only going to be a Enterprise movie.

Not

Oct 25, 2017
US
Its a Abrams produced film. Tarantino has stated many times if he did a Trek movie it would be with Kirk, Spock, and crew. It is a near guarantee its a Kelvin Timeline film with Pine and co.

People need to stop freaking out. All Stewart said is he would love to be in a Tarantino Trek.
Fuck Kirk and Spock. Give me post-Voyager, dammit. Give me old Picard. God dammit Quentin, don't you fuck this up for me. DON'T YOU FUCK THIS UP FOR ME QUENTIN

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
México

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck Kirk and Spock. Give me post-Voyager, dammit. Give me old Picard. God dammit Quentin, don't you fuck this up for me. DON'T YOU FUCK THIS UP FOR ME QUENTIN
Tarantino says Kirk is Star Trek to him and doesn't know much about the non-TOS era stuff. Tarantino only does passion projects. You aren't going to get what you want man.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
It would probably be the last one in the series, as I'm sure virtually every character central to the story would be dead by the end of it.

SweetBellic

Oct 28, 2017
Disappointed it will likely not be set during the TNG era. Hoping for an original captain and crew, but if this does turn out to be Kirk and co. again, I hope it's a standalone film with its own unique cast and not set in the JJ-verse.

Nitpicks aside, I haven't been this hyped for a movie since forever. R-rated Tarantino Trek is this Trekkie's dream come true. This is even more exciting than the prospect of Tarantino doing a Bond film.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
EON Studios told Tarantino no when he asked to make James Bond.

Paramount told Tarantino yes when he asked to make Star Trek.

How is the situation comparable?
He'll come up with a great idea and then the studio will do it without him.

If Tarantino is dead-set on that R rating, that's what will kill the deal. No way does Paramount agree to an R-rated Star Trek.