• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
I've always wondered and read multiple reports that being strictly vegetarian is not healthy for the human body. If so , what would be considered the best balanced diet then? (Apologies if this is a stupid question).

Ploppee

Nov 28, 2018
Theres nothing wrong with it. Like any diet as long as you're getting a healthy combination of nutrients (which plants provide) then you're fine.

RobotHaus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mars University
I've always wondered and read multiple reports that being strictly vegetarian is not healthy for the human body. If so , what would be considered the best balanced diet then? (Apologies if this is a stupid question).

It's plenty healthy. But if you must eat meat I've heard that the Mediterranean diet is one of the better ones to follow.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
As with many non-fad diets, it's healthy if you can maintain a good nutritional balance. Depending on where you live, your access to foods that provide the necessary nutritional needs (vitamins, proteins, carbs, fats, sugars) can be limited, expensive, or both.

I'm not a vegetarian, but I don't eat beef or pork, only poultry and fish.

Chas Hodges

Nov 7, 2017

It's nonsense. With literally 5 minutes of research you'll find information on appropriate substitutes which will ensure your diet is as rounded as any 'regular' one. Plus, if you're still concerned, just take multivitamins for a while alongside whatever you're eating to ensure you're plugging the gaps while you adjust.

Cocolina

Oct 28, 2017
being vegetarian is absolutely fine for the human body, hell being vegan is fine for the human body

ghostandgoblin

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Paris
In modern societies with supermarkets, a vegetarian diet is a non issue. Try different things, keep a little balance in your meals and basically do the same as you should do with any diet. I wouldn't consider a lot of people's eating habit as healthy and they sure consume a lot of meat.
I'm slowly going full vegetarian after my wife switched some years ago and we are both fine, everything is a question of variety, moderation and balance.

Don't eat falafels everyday.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
I was vegetarian for nearly a decade, and stopped for reasons that had nothing to do with health. During that time I was healthy and and really enjoyed my food. I didn't miss meat and didn't rely on meat substitutes, I just ate well.

Pirateluigi

Oct 27, 2017
Echoing that a vegetarian diet is very doable and healthy. Like all diets, the key is balance and avoiding processed foods.