• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
You might have heard about this problem already because of Hades. It's when you continue to play this game via Quick Resume, no achievements are popping up anymore until you restart the game. And even then some have to be repeated/trigger again to pop-up.

Now this seems to be a bigger problem then just with Hades cause it happened again, I continued to play Psychonauts 2 after last night via Quick Resume and no achievements popped up anymore, I started to wonder after 4 more hours and yep, I missed a ton. Restarted the game and only 1 popped up immediately, the one for equipping something, but nothing for ranks or upgrades so far, which I guess also only pop-up when I reach a new rank again or upgrade something again. Now let's hope there wasn't one for the first boss....

This seems to be a deep Quick Resume issue and I hope someone from the team is reading this here.
I don't create threads that often but I thought this should have one.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Paging OscarK

I think there's a feedback form where you can report these types of bugs. I'm sure Oscar will share the link.

Seems to have been good for getting eyes on these things before. And thanks for the heads up... I was wondering why I couldn't unlock the 'pet Cerberus 10 times' achievement yesterday on Hades. Maybe this was why...

Oct 30, 2017
I am on alpha skip ahead and it is broken for me too. To get the achievements I close hades and restart the Xbox then open it again they should pop right up.

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oops, those two games are actually in my Quick Resume right now!

Oh well, hope the achievements will be awarded retroactively.

YozoraXV

Oct 30, 2017
That achievement issue has always been there I believe, I experienced it when I play A Plagues Tale back in march.

In that case is was a lot worse than Hades because resetting the game did not get your achievements back. I ending up missing an achievement for completing a chapter. Ever since that happened if I know I am going for a bunch of achievements I usually manually kill the game before I start.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
This happened to me with Hellblade months ago as well. No achievements even though I completed it, most achievements in that game are story progression.

Long term issue I guess.

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
And that's why I avoid quick resume and other features like sleep mode and such. I read about them causing all sorts of weird issues all the time. I lost count how many times DF said they got performances issues after resuming console from sleep state.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
IIRC Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice (at least the not Series version) also had the 'no achievement when using Quick Resume/Sleep Mode' issue.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Noticed this the other day when I unlocked the admin room, then like a few days later after accidentally restarting the game the achievement triggered when I went back in there.

It'd be great if they could figure this out because otherwise it works perfectly, pretty cool to be able to be half-way through a run, turn off your Xbox and go shopping, come back cook dinner, eat and then hop right back into where you left off.

Aug 31, 2019
It happens with Xbox One games too. I had problems with Yakuza 0 and Jurassic Park Evolution. I hope it gets solved now that Quick Resume is a selling point for this generation.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
ive had a lot of QR issues, honestly i just fully save and close shit to be sure that shit aint gonna get fucked

Joe White

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
This seems to be a deep Quick Resume issue and I hope someone from the team is reading this here.

Encountered this with Hades and while looking answers, noticed that the game has similar issues on EGS and Steam versions when playing offline. So my guess would be that the issue is combination of how online sessions are handled within game and Quick Resume. Most likely the game would display similar issues with achievements when internet connection is removed/lost during play. Doubt that some changes to Quick Resume only could fix these.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've had instances of games where Quick Resume won't work for them, Dodgeball Academia only worked sometimes, but wrt Psychonauts 2 this is only for achievements right?

thecaseace

May 1, 2018
I've not noticed this issue but definitely good to know.

I'll still use quick resume I think though, its benefit far outweighs achievements for me. I still think it's an issue that should be fixed for those that do care about the achievements though.

breakfuss

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yea a lot of folk have brought it up in the Hades OT. Once you close and reopen the game stuff begins popping retroactively. I'm a sucker for quick resume so I don't pay it any mind but I imagine it has you hunters in a fit 😂.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah this has been very noticible for me with Hades. A bit frustrating :P

The work around didnt work for me either so I assume some of the achievements are dead in the water and I wont do them again :P

Beastie91

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Bay Area CA
Yea I wouldn't recommend quick resume for anything the only time my Xbox series s hard locked was when I quick resumed state of decay 2.

CarterTax

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I was wondering why I wasn't unlocking achievements in Hades and went to the OT and saw posts referencing that.

This is why I tend to avoid Quick Resume since it's implementation can be buggy at times. Interesting feature though

Javier23

Oct 28, 2017
I don't care about trophies, but Quick Resume has always been a bit wonky for me, in general. It's a shame, because otherwise it's a great feature.

Larrikin

Oct 25, 2017
Is this also affecting Game Sync? I've lost progress on Hades a couple of times and am concerned for it happening to Psychonauts as well.

Fiksi

Oct 27, 2017
I did wonder why I randomly got a bunch of Hades achievements the other day :P sucks that it has issues.

My worst QR issue was some kind of interference between rest mode and QR, where I lost a ton of progress on Forza Horizon 4 because of seemingly loading an 'old' quick resume. That seems to have stopped at least.

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
Yup. I was like. "Man, the Achievements in Hades sure are stingy!"

Then I realized the real issue.

Not only did I have to restart the game. I had to sign out of my profile and back in again.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
This happened with Valhalla with me at launch. Sucks. I pretty much just shut my games down now. Saving 20 seconds on load up isn't worth the headache it brings when this happens

John Caboose

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Happened for me with Infinite Warfare months ago and I only noticed after I finished Veteran campaign that I had missed 5+ achievements…

BranCrackr

Oct 4, 2019
Does Quick Resume only occur if you've switched to a different game? Right now I've only been playing Psychonauts 2 and putting the console to sleep in between sessions; not closing the game at all

May 14, 2021
Great feature when it works, but the problem is it rarely works perfectly. They should warn you that if a game or the system gets an update, it will wipe your Quick Resume titles from memory.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The game tracks them. They just wont pop until you restart the game. I restarted Hades and had a dozen or so achievements pop all at once.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
Good thing I don't care about achievements except for the times when you can use them to get rewards points. Though does make getting the daily rewards a pain hmm

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Getting them late is fine...having to redo stuff totally sucks. Looks like I'm going back to the old quit and shut down routine...

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Guess I'll restart Hades then. Weird that they don't let you disable the feature altogether.

OP
OP
Edge

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
The game tracks them. They just wont pop until you restart the game. I restarted Hades and had a dozen or so achievements pop all at once.

Yes, in Hades (mostly, even there some only triggered for me after doing something specific like at least starting a new run), but like I said in the OT, this is not the case with Psychonauts 2, I must have unlocked around 10 achievements while playing 4+ hours but only one triggered for me after a restart and that was only the achievement for equipping a perk, no level up achievements popped for me, no unlocking new skills achievements etc. I think they will also drop when I do these things the next time, but if there was an achievement already that I can't redo, I could be out of luck because of this nasty problem.

Edit:

Know When to Fold'em
15G Shut Down the Luctopus

Oh isn't that f'n great, I already have at least one glitched achievement now. Urgh... 😓

Last edited:

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
I better not have been losing out on some Yakuza: Like A Dragon achievements because of this. I don't think I have considering they've been popping and I've had the game in QR since I started playing though.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it definitely does not work with Hades and while most fix themselves if you relaunch the game or trigger them, not all do (specifically the 'loyalty card' achievement)

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
Though anecdotally, just quick resumed Psychonauts 2 from playing last night and have gotten achievements as normal.

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
Damn glad I saw this thread, got my Series X yesterday and was literally about to start Hades/Psychonauts 2 tonight.

OP
OP
Edge

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Though anecdotally, just quick resumed Psychonauts 2 from playing last night and have gotten achievements as normal.

If you have your console on suspend mode and you haven't started anything else it wasn't really quick resume.

I already have at least one glitched achievement now (I think maybe 3) that's not dropping even after restarting several times.

Kineticn22

May 25, 2021
Lisboa, Portugal
I haven't noticed any problems with QR since I got my Series S early this year, but whenever I see stuff like this, I thank myself for still having a tendency to save before I exit a game, due to the many years of PC gaming and little experience with the XBox.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder what's happening with those games. It seems to work with other games I've been playing (Halo Collection)