• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 51848

Jan 10, 2019
Sad news. The Amiga era also owes him a massive debt.

LCGeek

Oct 28, 2017
Lemming was one of the first pc games that got me hooked.

Shame his level of talent will not be matched again and sorely missed.

ciddative

Apr 5, 2018
Man I loved Lemmings and Wipeout 2097. PS1 era Psygnosis were like Insomniac is today, prolific innovative and dependable.
RIP sir.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
While they were absolutely massive in the PS1 era, I still remember their stuff on the Amiga, which always blew me away. I stole their logo font for so much of my own work. LOL

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Damn shame, I loved Psygnosis's games since Lemmings back on the Amiga. Seeing their name on both Amiga and Playstation was the sign of at least an interesting time, if not a great time.

Rest well.

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
RIP to a legend.
Playstation is in the place it is today partly because Psygnosis was killing it in the 90s.
Also Lemmings was the first PC game I bought with my own money. Money WELL spent.

boogerbrain51

Nov 3, 2020
Rip bro I grew up playing your games from ps1 forever a legend that wasn't a weirdo in the industry salute too you

Bulby

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
RIP

Psygnosis was Amiga for me. Then the Colony Wars, Wipeout, G Police triumvirate. Legends.

Last edited:

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
Oh that's a sad loss. One of my first computer games played was Arcadia on the Vic-20. Without Imagine the UK wouldn't have had half the influence it did on global gaming.

CyberDemonXYZ

Banned
Dec 5, 2021
Psygnosis was so damn cool. It's so sad to see how Sony still doesn't get WipeOut right. Can't buy style/taste I guess.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
This is terrible news, it's kind of crazy when you think about it that without Psygnosis we probably wouldn't have DMA Design/R*, Raising Hell Software/Bizarre Creations, Evolution Studios, (obviously) Studio Liverpool and many, many others.

Condolences to his family and loved ones, I'm sure they're aware of the legacy he's left on the industry.

Jan 13, 2020
Growing up with an Amiga, the Psygnosis logo is etched into my mind forever. You knew you were about to experience a quality game when you saw that badboy pop up.

RIP.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
This has been my Discord Avatar since I joined that service.

images

And I've had a different version for my Era (and old Gaf) account as well.

All for a good reason... nothing but wonderful memories from these creators. Thank You so much Ian for creating something so special and influential. R.I.P.