• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
Where did you get the idea that right wingers love cops? They hate cops, the guys who give them tickets. They like black people suffering, so they support brutal corrupt authoritarianism among law enforcement, but as long as it is only directed to minorities or "the other side", the nebulous enemy.

James O'Keefe is on the case! Who's next? Fuckin Jacob Wohl? Back in my day we had real ratfuckers like Karl Rove not these fucking amateurs.

New generations of Ratfuckery work in different speeds, but it's still ratfucking.

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is making it to mainstream media, WaPo article:

The biggest forum for supporters of President Trump on Reddit has been "quarantined" following months of incitements to violence and other offensive behavior, the tech giant said Wednesday, in a move that could further inflame conservatives' claims of social-media bias.

The forum, called "r/The_Donald," has long served as a highly trafficked and controversial gathering place for supporters of Trump and Republicans on Reddit, America's fifth-most popular website.

Created in 2015, "The_Donald" counts roughly 750,000 followers and advertises itself as "a never-ending rally dedicated to the 45th President of the United States, Donald J. Trump."

Reddit officials said on Wednesday that the board had allowed or encouraged months of "rule-breaking behavior," including the "encouragement of violence towards police officers and public officials in Oregon."

"We are clear in our sitewide policies that posting content that encourages or threatens violence is not allowed," Reddit spokeswoman Anna Soellner said in a statement to The Washington Post.

"We are sensitive to what could be considered political speech," Soellner added, but "recent behaviors including threats against the police and public figures is content that is prohibited by our violence policy."

The action will effectively demote the forum on Reddit, restricting how its content is shared across the site and removing key features. It is not an outright ban, but will conceal the forum behind a warning and require viewers to verify they are sure they want to view its contents.

Quarantines are rare punishments imposed on only the forums Reddit has deemed most offensive or upsetting. Past quarantines have been imposed on forums devoted to white supremacy, Sept. 11 conspiracy theories and videos of fatal violence.

The message board has long trafficked in edgy "trolling" and offensive behavior, promoting anti-Semitic memes and baseless conspiracy theories, including that victims of the Parkland school shooting were "crisis actors."

Some of the top threads on "r/The_Donald" Wednesday criticized E. Jean Carroll, the author who recently accused Trump of rape, and called Megan Rapinoe, the U.S. soccer star whom Trump had criticized, a "human leech."

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
My biggest problem with this is that these fucks will spin the story and create a fake reality

Their calls to violence and murder needs to be fucking pasted on the front page so that they never escape it

Oct 28, 2017
I wonder how bad it'll be when it finally gets banned. I remember when they banned /pol/ and /r9k/ on 4chan when I was a daily user there. Every other board was absolutely unusable thanks to their "protesting" and using other boards as their general posting grounds. Even things like the 3D modelling discussion board was raging on fire with it.

Oct 27, 2017
My biggest problem with this is that these fucks will spin the story and create a fake reality

Their calls to violence and murder needs to be fucking pasted on the front page so that they never escape it
The ones on the margins will get tired of going out of their way to participate, and the true believers will scuttle back into their safe spaces.

captmcblack

Oct 25, 2017
I won't be satisfied until all machinations regarding that subreddit are exposed/revealed, and everyone who allowed it to exist beyond being a simple place to root for Trump pays the piper.

Nov 1, 2017
I wonder how bad it'll be when it finally gets banned. I remember when they banned /pol/ and /r9k/ on 4chan when I was a daily user there. Every other board was absolutely unusable thanks to their "protesting" and using other boards as their general posting grounds. Even things like the 3D modelling discussion board was raging on fire with it.

Reddit was actually like that for a day or two a couple years ago when they banned a sub called /r/fatpeoplehate. Like 90 out of the top 100 posts were about it and replacement communities were popping up like weeds.

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Either this is the first step for them to be able to ban the subreddit by saying "well we gave you some options and you didn't follow them" (highly unlikely) or they're going to say "looks like we addressed the issue and they fixed the problem" and take it off quarantine in a few weeks (most likely scenario).

Wildcard situation is if the subreddit completely implodes, which is possible considering the type of people that post there.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I don't know if this has been posted but the "conspiracy" is that this is backlash for Project Veritas's "proof" that Google is attempting to control the 2020 election while having played a major part in influencing the 2016 election (not Russia).

Of course there's a little disassociation there considering if Google were against Trump, and they contained the ability to control the election, what happened in 2016?

e: oh someone already brought this up lol.

Yes. Google influenced the election and I can understand why President Clinton isn't eager to start an investigation. It might de-legitimize her victory.

When your conspiracy can't stand up to the most cursory application of logic.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
I want to know more about this. How in the world?

I'm not going to link the corresponding Voat post I found but essentially Voat was taken over by hardline racists first (being created in the wake of many hate subs getting banned) and T_D isn't tough enough for them. Told them essentially that they weren't wanted. Ban logs are also public on Voat, so T_D mods couldn't create the same insular environment. Low effort trolls running into true believers, essentially.

The whole episode proved T_D is actually just a few thousand active users at most at this point, and not some hideout for millions of Trump supporters. Reddit shouldn't be afraid to ban them anymore.

Lol apparently The_Donald2 is a sub now...made over a month ago in case something were to happen

Attempts to dodge will just bring more heat on T_D. If they keep it up, they're likely to get banned, as weak as the admins are on Reddit.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Took them long enough, but it isn't really that much of a move. The subreddit has effectively been quarantined for the majority of users for the last 2 years since they introduced /r/popular

Oct 28, 2017
Reddit was actually like that for a day or two a couple years ago when they banned a sub called /r/fatpeoplehate. Like 90 out of the top 100 posts were about it and replacement communities were popping up like weeds.

I rarely use Reddit but I can't imagine there's a more dedicated and psychotic community out there than r/the_donald posters. I wonder how long it'd take for such a shitstorm to calm down after a ban.

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
I got in by reloading the quarantine popup. I've been banned from that sub since 2016 and I'm glad to see any measure taken to weaken their bullshit. Removing their block of downvoting and reporting is a great first step. I just wish they'd lance the damn boil already

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
The mental gymnasts over there are something else.

CSzQQOF.png

Koo

Dec 10, 2017

Their fake made up realities won't matter if no one can see or hear them. Their calls to violence, murder, racism, etc. don't need to be broadcast, highlighted or even whispered any place. Let their impotent rage be confined to their own subterranean dwellings so the rest of us can live in the light without them.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Wait... they disabled down voting? Why is that even an option on Reddit? What even is the point of Reddit if there are only upvotes?

You're allowed to apply CSS to your subreddit, and oftentimes mods will use it to remove the downvote buttons. One can just choose not to use the subreddit style / process the CSS and the buttons will be present again.

Also, after having spent the entire day away from the internet and news, this put a smile on my face as the first story I saw when I fired up Twitter.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
The mental gymnastics over there are something else.

CSzQQOF.png
There's their excuse. Anything that makes them look bad is fake, or a hoax. They can't stand by any of their own shitty beliefs because they know they're unacceptable, and can't take any responsibility.
The same person who will post some hateful racist or violent thing will turn right around and claim their own post is a hoax by "SJWs!" the moment consequences appear. They're fundamentally weak cowards.

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
Finally. Hopefully this leads to dropping it altogether. As much as I disagree with it, I can tolerate actual conservatism. Trump supporters aren't conservatives, they're a literal hate group.

Ah, the "shit we got some bad publicity, someone do something half-assed" response.

Not to worry, there's still plenty of ResetEra posts to link and screenshot for quality GAF content.
Not to derail this thread, but every now and then I go back for laughs and it's straight up unbelievable how dependent that site is on this one.

RustyNails

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Wait, why not just outright ban this white supremacists subreddit? Why give them quarantine status?

Just_a_Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
Quarantine isn't enough. The sub needs to be banned, along with every user subscribed. Then move on the rest of conservative hate subs, white supremacy needs to be deplatformed in every way.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, why not just outright ban this white supremacists subreddit? Why give them quarantine status?

The quaratine at least sets things up for a ban but its still gonna take months at least knowing how Reddit likes to drag their feet on these issues. If nothing else poking the hornets nest like this is only going to get them to respond in even more fervant and insane manners which should hopefully exacerbate things enough to get them actually banned. At least that's how its happened in the past.

Mr. Poolman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The other place is talking on how this is political interference and facism.

Damn, that place went to shit.

To me, this is not enough, deplatform these Neo Nazis on T_D

Aine

May 27, 2019
Only going for this long after the damage has been done. Reddit's full of spineless fucks.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The other place is talking on how this is political interference and facism.

Damn, that place went to shit.

To me, this is not enough, deplatform these Neo Nazis on T_D

"Private entities disallowing my fascism is the REAL fascism!"

Shapiro-grade brains just can't help themselves.

ChaosZeroX

Oct 26, 2017
They just need to shut the shit down. Its absolutely ridiculous. The mods of /r/The_Donald don't give a fuck.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Oh man, this is delicious.

It seems like the mods either can't keep up, or have given up in the thread on r/AskThe_Donald. Sifting through all of the T_D whining, I can't believe we're in a world where "conservatives" are literally calling on their government, the attorney general no less, to force a private company into providing them with an online safe space. They're summoning the specter of Orwell's "1984", ignoring the fact that their own illustrious leader has literally told them that what they're seeing and reading is not the truth.

My favorite sub /r/TopMindsOfReddit is not celebrating as gleefully as I thought they would. That subreddit is great for making fun of conspiracy theorists, racists, etc (basically every conservative sub).