• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I actually physically feel sick from this

Edit:there seems to be people taking my thread title too literally, I know all too well that racism never went away and plagues gaming

Last edited:

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
That example isn't gaming exclusive in the least. I thought this would be about actually racist content in games.

And how do you feel physically sick from that? How about the frequent examples of institutional racism? How about this thread?

Come on, man. We're 2019.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
That looks just like my times playing OW.

Once had dudes just throwing "nigger" around and then I was like, "chill it with the color commentary." So, naturally they proceeded to up calling everyone a "nigger." Fun times.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Leave it to the absolutely shining community of Overwatch. Fuckin' disgusting.

DGenerator

Oct 26, 2017
Toronto, ON, Canada
Just like electing a black president doesn't mean racism towards black people is over, just because the governing gaming body electe-

Wait, what made you think "racisim" in gaming was over in the first place?

Bjones

Oct 30, 2017
I thought this was going to be about game content.

Yeah gamers in general are horrible people.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Of course it is.

The gaming community / world / whatever you want to call it is still fertile soil for racism, sexism and homophobia.

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Give terrible people anonymity and they run wild.
I used to agree with this. But nowadays people are doing it straight up with their real names tied to them.

White guys who ask themselves why POC and Women (and specially Women of Color) don't use their mic when playing online.

Sheeeeeit, as a white guy I never use my mic online either. The shit is just horrible.

That's why Souls games have the god tier MP to me. We can play online in utter silence.

Aug 1, 2018
Of course it is. It's the fucking reason I loathe online gaming or any game that incorporates "social" aspects into it.

Falcon511

Oct 27, 2017
This isnt shocking, at least from what I have heard about the OW community.

Also I have heard CS and LOL are pretty bad as well.

Booki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
That's regular shit. There's a reason why my female friends pick ambiguous Screennames and avoid gamechat.

People are assholes and it sucks that innocent people have to take extra precautions just to play a game.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's just from the people playing video games. We bring people like Boogie to the game awards, we celebrate shit like Kingdomcome Deliverance, the Last Night, Dragon Quest 11 and the list goes on and on and on.

Racism isn't going to die when the boomers are gone. Their shitty kids are inheriting it, and it's thriving.

Deleted member 4093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Back in my earlier xbox days me and boys would be going ham and cussing them out. Shit used to be funny. I'm too old now and dont even play online unless I'm playing with my boys in a party chat.

Yall always cry that game chat is dead well you see why. Dont nobody want to hear that crap

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Is this news to non-POC, or what is happening here

Yes, we have had MULTIPLE threads of clueless white guys asking why "people refuse to use voice chat in multiplayer games", they just can't understand how toxic the gaming comunity is for people who don't sound like white american men.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
How do you hate a race so much that it turns you into a fucking moron ceaselessly spouting ugly racist trash talk?

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Yep, its amazing how frequent it is just in the usernames of people on XBL and PSN, and of course random voice chat is just on another level.

Also,

Can someone please edit the topic? Seeing "racisim" on the gaming front page is going to make me crazy.

what moron thinks racism doesn't exist
e1OHRCH.gif

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
This shit is so infuriating. Didn't watch the whole clip, because fuck them. Can Blizz do some perm bans based on this video? It shows who is speaking in the upper left corner right?

Aug 1, 2018
This isnt shocking, at least from what I have heard about the OW community.

Also I have heard CS and LOL are pretty bad as well.

CS used to be like the only game I played in the early 2000's, but over the years more and more overtly racist shit kept happening during matches. Like, before I said "fuck it" and uninstalled it, you could regularly go into a match and someone on your team would have a spray where a picture of a lynched black person would show up somewhere on the walls of a level. Or someone on your team would probably be playing a song that either consisted of nothing but hard-R n-bombs or it would be talking about killing anyone non-white. OR your actual teammeates themselves started just coming with out and out racist shit like calling people on the other team hard-R n-bombs or just talking about how they hate anyone that's not white.

Fucking trash.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Let's see if Sony or Blizzard do anything about their accounts though.

But yeah...and people wonder why Bungie makes you opt onto voice chat in PvP. You go into the match not being able to hear anyone and it's super refreshing.

Yung Coconut

Oct 31, 2017
Never seen anything like this on the internet before! It's almost like people aren't afraid to be themselves on this thing. This is news?