• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RetroRunner

Dec 6, 2020
Another proud story from the Sunshine state. You all might remember the AZ Sen Candidate Blake Masters who blamed the Uvalde shooting on black people, featured in the Era topic https://www.resetera.com/threads/arizona-gop-senate-candidate-blake-masters-blames-america's-gun-problem-on-"black-people-frankly".591732/

www.nbcnews.com

Trump-backed Senate candidate Blake Masters of Arizona blames gun violence on Black people

During the same interview, Masters also claimed Democrats "are weak on crime" and "don't like the Second Amendment" because "it frankly blocks a lot of their plans for us."

Well he was recently at a mixer to try and get votes and ended up assaulting an old man named Peter Jackson.

Here's the article link, but just a warning, its written by an enlightened centrist

Shearer: GOP Senate candidate Blake Masters roughs up 73-year-old Dem. protester in Green Valley | Commentary

Peter Jackson expected to ruffle some feathers when he showed up at a Republican event in Green Valley on Saturday wearing a “Jail Trump” hat and a “Black Lives Matter” t-shirt. What he didn’t expect was to be on the receiving end of a right hook by an upset woman, knocked to the ground by a...

The man was wearing a "a 'Jail Trump' hat and a 'Black Lives Matter' t-shirt." While at the meet and greet he ended up "on the receiving end of a right hook by an upset woman, knocked to the ground by a U.S. Senate candidate, and tossed into the breezeway, where he laid on the sidewalk injured until deputies arrived." Then the protestor was promptly cited by Arizona's finest.

Here's some good snippets

Jackson doesn't see the Green Valley group as typical Republicans, insisting they and their national counterparts are dragging the country back to 1930s Germany.

He said the goal when he walked into the packed room was to bring a bit of sanity to the right wing. Given that the public was invited, he thought it perfectly fine to show up.

"I went in hoping to be allowed to witness the event and listen to the candidates and possibly share the video I was obviously taking," he said. "Post-event, I would like people to see that they're not rational people. They're really violent people. They're people Americans should be concerned about."

He goes in and as expected they escalate quickly to violence

When it became clear Jackson had no intention of leaving, several people dialed 911. The crowd around him grew, including one woman who got in his face with her pink phone.

He caught it all on his Go Pro.

At one point, and just inches from his face, the woman reached out and shoved him in the side. Then she balled up her fist and delivered a right hook that snapped Jackson's head back.

Then out of nowhere comes Blake Masters, a U.S. Senate candidate who'd been glad-handing in the background.

Masters lunged at Jackson, put both hands around his neck and pushed him backward.

This might be a good time to point out that Masters, at 35, is less than half Jackson's age.

With the camera rolling — and bouncing all over the place by now — Jackson fell to his knees and was swarmed by what he called 10 to 12 men. But was probably closer to four or five. He was dragged then — yep — literally thrown out the door onto the concrete breezeway. Then somebody yelled, "Lock the door!"

Jackson ended up on the ground with his head cocked and resting against a wall, knees bloodied, glasses askew.

Imagine the scene — all caught on video — of Jackson on the phone with a 911 operator as several Republicans stood over him, one with a cane yelling, "You're a disgrace to the human race!"

Then the cops show up and gave Jackson the protest or "two citations — trespassing and simple assault"

It's all caught on video for those interested in seeing a calm gathering of reasonable people

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
What vile despicable human beings. Party of Jesus Christ...they'd be the first to crucify him. I seriously hope that Jackson doesn't face any lasting injuries and that the police who gave him the tickets can fuck off.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
This dude is a legend. He knew it was going to get violent and went in anyway, and didn't just walk away to show how nasty these people are. Not that I think it will change anything in the long run, but I appreciate the boldness. Officially now my favorite Peter Jackson.

May 14, 2021
"You only care about dead kids in schools, not unborn kids. You're a hypocrite!"

You can't make that shit up.

SSF1991

Jun 19, 2018
Of course the piece of shit beat up a protestor. And of fucking course the police target him and not, you know, the asshole that beat him up. Because you can always count on the police to enforce fascism and white supremacy, not the law.

And it's just example #14470 of right-wing assholes not actually being cancelled whatsoever, but coddled and allowed to do whatever the fuck they want, no matter how illegal, inhumane, and cruel it is. The slightest pushback, and they throw a fucking temper tantrum.

Akainu

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Everywhere and nowhere
Did that fat shit in the black shirt literally say the unborn or more important than living children?

edit: Holy shit blake is only 35? He looks terrible hate really does age you.

SmackDaddy

Nov 25, 2017
Los Angeles
i really despise where politics are at in the world right now. its a powderkeg, and its fucking annoying as fuck.

that article is so annoying as well. people who think the republicans are a facist organization are not fringe at all.

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
I hope someone knocks the cane out of that fat fuck's hands and beats the shit outta him. They only gave Jackson problems because he wore a Black Lives Matter shirt and Jail Trump hat. If he dressed like them and was incognito, then told Masters what he thought of him, it would have more of an effect.

Sadly, nothing will happen to anyone involved with attacking Jackson. This is how the Republicans on a local level operate.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Wasnt here in Arizona that a candidate literally punched a reporter and still won the election easily a few years back?

He owned the libs.

It might have been some place like Utah though.

This will make him more popular.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
You say that like that "treatment of others" isn't part of the foundations of this country.
Pretty much. this is why articles like this are put out

Screen-Shot-2022-06-08-at-4.04.41-PM-868x865.png

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, so his crime was… walking into a public event with clothes they didn't like? So they beat him up? And he got cited by cops?

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
Just a daily reminder ACAB. This man was brave as hell with that shirt and the fully vaxxed pin while wearing a mask. Fuck cops and fuck republicans.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Just watched the whole long video. The creepy way that one one is looking over with her tongue poking out of her mouth. I'm not trying to be hyperbolic but she… ugh. Like she knew what was about to happen and was imagining it.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
He's a real one, alright. Astronaut vs a white supremecist. Choose wisely.

www.thedailybeast.com

Blake Masters Blames Gun Violence on ‘Black People, Frankly’

The Arizona Senate candidate has a unique theory about why there’s a gun violence problem in the United States.

There we go.

I.... I don't think this has anything to do with Garland.

"But Twitter said..."

apnews.com

Justice Department opens probe into Louisiana State Police

The U.S. Justice Department is opening a sweeping civil rights investigation into the Louisiana State Police amid mounting evidence that the agency has looked the other way in the face of beatings of mostly Black men, including the deadly 2019 arrest of Ronald Greene.

"BUH TWITTER SEZ!!!!"

onyx

Dec 25, 2017
Hope he lawyers up, press charges and/or sues them all. Whatever justice he can get.

Tya

Oct 30, 2017
Wasnt here in Arizona that a candidate literally punched a reporter and still won the election easily a few years back?

He owned the libs.

It might have been some place like Utah though.

This will make him more popular.

Paul Gosar's own family hates him and put out ads telling people not to vote for him, and he's been in office in AZ since 2013. The AZ GOP is a dumpster fire even by GOP standards.

OP
OP
RetroRunner

RetroRunner

Dec 6, 2020
Well fuck, looks like we're in danger of him becoming a senator, goddamned closed primaries.

I hate this fucking timeline.

abcnews.go.com

Arizona 2022 primary election results

Arizona voters head to the polls Tuesday for high-stakes primary races, which will finalize the November midterm general election ballot; polls close at 7 p.m. MST

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Well fuck, looks like we're in danger of him becoming a senator, goddamned closed primaries.

I hate this fucking timeline.

abcnews.go.com

Arizona 2022 primary election results

Arizona voters head to the polls Tuesday for high-stakes primary races, which will finalize the November midterm general election ballot; polls close at 7 p.m. MST
He was always likely winning those, Kelly really needs to hold strong and push his impact.