Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
Infuriating video of a racist, nosy Karen demanding a black man show her his home lease to prove he lives there. What really got me was the "Aw, come on. It has nothing to do about race" comment from that Karen when called out her racial profiling. And look how fast those cops got there the moment they get a call from some Karen. We Black people can't stand outside our own homes without getting the cops called on us.

View: https://twitter.com/omarghabra/status/1555150284099186688

Reddit thread about the incident:

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
How about you mind your own fucking business. Jesus christ, what the fuck is wrong with people.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I saw this on Twitter today. Also calling the cops for something so trivial and boundary breaking is basically attempted murder knowing cops.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Imaging having so much free time on your hands you're just like "think I'll kill some time being a racist fuck"

Skunk

Oct 28, 2017
Imaging having so much free time on your hands you're just like "think I'll kill some time being a racist fuck"

What kills me is if she really thought they were criminals, self-preservation would dictate that she not confront them let alone let them know she is calling the police because an actual criminal might do something about that. She knows they aren't criminals, she just wants to fuck with some black people. Shit is gross.

Feb 7, 2022
Wtf do these people think? That the real (white) owners were murdered and the evil POC are assuming their property and identities? This shit terrifies me. So quick to call trigger happy cops. Smh

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
The audacity to confront someone who has nothing to do with you who is entering a home that has nothing to do with you. Racists are pathetic. There's literally no two ways around it. It's pure racism.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
You know what I do when I see a black person entering a house?

Keep on fucking driving because they probably live there.

Not that fucking hard.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
5808edd5-af1c-4037-895c-e656a289e9ef_screenshot.jpg

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Is this the first Karen we've had in a while? I know this is probably and sadly common occurence, but it felt like for a while we hadn't heard about these incidents... wish it were so and for good reason tbh.

Charizard

Oct 25, 2017
Wtf do these people think? That the real (white) owners were murdered and the evil POC are assuming their property and identities? This shit terrifies me. So quick to call trigger happy cops. Smh
That they're burglars, either caught in the act of breaking in by miraculously copying the key somehow or, more commonly, casing the place while standing outside in broad daylight and making no attempt to not look suspicious.

A lot of these racists literally think black people are the world's dumbest burglars, it's ridiculous.

OP
OP

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
Calling cops on black people like this should constitute attempted murder.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Is this the first Karen we've had in a while? I know this is probably and sadly common occurence, but it felt like for a while we hadn't heard about these incidents... wish it were so and for good reason tbh.
No. Only the first one posted in a while. They've eased up a bit on actually calling the cops, though. Now that they're starting to catch fines

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017

I imagine it's simply intimidation, she's really saying "you're not welcome here". Maybe the police will even open fire.

Her white flight to the suburbs is being ruined here.

They know what they're doing.

Oct 26, 2017
There was just one a few weeks ago at a restaurant if I remember correctly. Trying to find it....We had a thread on it here.

Rune Walsh

Too many boners
Oct 25, 2017
I hope she gets fired from her job and has to sell her house. Then this dude can go ask her if she owns the tent she's living in.

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
they all know what they're doing when they call the cops. They're hoping for that state sanctioned escalation

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
I am always shocked at people calling cops over the dumbest shit. I've called 911 a grand total of 2x in my life. One was when my wife and I were driving home on the highway after a late night shift and a car came flying toward us on a bridge at about 90mph (the bridges directional lanes were separated by about 500 feet, so the driver was on the wrong side of the entire fucking bridge driving into incoming traffic) and barely missed us.

The second was when I heard gunshots and a scream outside once at a previous house.

That's it. If someone's life isn't almost 100% already at risk, I'm not calling the cops. Because even as a white man I know there's a non zero chance those fuckers get trigger happy or arrest happy and it gets way worse than whatever the issue was.

Griffith

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is Dodge the official car maker for assholes?

I'd say Audi and BMW still top Dodge, but that's because of my experience as an European. It's likely that Dodge is the American counterpart to those brands.

In regards to the woman, I think that anyone that does what she did should spend some time in jail and pay a hefty fine not only for incriminating but also endangering a Black person's life.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
Racism and the PNW go together like peanut butter & jelly. The Klan was HUGE there in the 1920's, I'm not surprised to see some old scare tactics stick around.

Edit for more context:

KKK Super Rallies in Washington State: 1923-24 - Seattle Civil Rights and Labor History Project

Above a green sloping hill on which stand four huge crosses an endless line of white-robed Klansmen move in single file and closed ranks… The white lines extend and open until they form a square covering the space of five acres. Klansmen standing shoulder to shoulder. Suddenly a figure appears on …
The huge Ku Klux Klan rally described in the above passage from a Klan newspaper brought together tens of thousands of spectators to witness the initiation of as many as 1900 new members to this secret society devoted to white supremacy and Christian patriotism. The "Imperial Cyclops" honored at the event, to which thousands of Klansmen (probably not ten thousand) raised their hands in salute, was none other than William J. Simmons, the man who founded the Ku Klux Klan revival on Stone Mountain, Georgia in 1915 and introduced a new and terrifying symbol into Klan rituals: the burning cross.2 But this massive Klan rally did not take place in the U.S. South. It took place at Wilson's Station, near Renton Junction, just outside Seattle, on July 14, 1923.

Maybe if more people knew the history, they wouldn't think Seattle would be much better than Texas like the people in the OP. The thousands of people that went to these events definitely had kids and grandkids that they raised to be diet racist even if they never brought up that old KKK fad.

Last edited:

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
A lot of problems would be solved if white people could just collectively stop thinking they have the authority to run other people's shit.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
The Cop immediately starts the Karen lady's line of questioning.

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
She should have to spend the weekend in jail for wasting cops time for something so trivial. And if something bad happened while there it's karma for being racist.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I really think it's engrained into their DNA and you can't convince other wise.
Well, I wouldn't say it's biological, but I look at it like this.

The left frames race issues in this country as being the result of unresolved traumas of the past, which is true. History informs today. Well, if the fucking trauma is unresolved, then it must stand to reason that the abuser's behavior is also unresolved. If we haven't addressed the issues faced by Black and Indigenous people, then we are not confronting the culture and mindset that allow white people to continue treating these groups and others the way they do now.

Whites talk to you any ol' way they want to, demand anything and everything they want from you, and become fucking indignant when you exercise your autonomy outside of the bounds of acceptability and tell them no, because they still fundamentally believe that your time, energy, and labor isn't actually your own, that they still, in some way, are above you and own you, because ultimately fuck all has changed since Indigenous genocide and chattel slavery.

Oct 29, 2017
I imagine it's simply intimidation, she's really saying "you're not welcome here". Maybe the police will even open fire.

Her white flight to the suburbs is being ruined here.

They know what they're doing.

Yeah, this is her saying "you might live here but you aren't one of us."

These chickenshits wouldn't DARE try this if they thought it was an actual dangerous criminal.

KazeSim

Oct 25, 2017
Is Dodge the official car maker for assholes?
... Yes. Though In general I'd say most 3/4 to 1 ton trucks are the worst, typically.

I'd say Audi and BMW still top Dodge, but that's because of my experience as an European. It's likely that Dodge is the American counterpart to those brands.

In regards to the woman, I think that anyone that does what she did should spend some time in jail and pay a hefty fine not only for incriminating but also endangering a Black person's life.
Audi and BMW are definitely up there though, I grudgingly say that while owning a 70's car from both makes. Jerks ruin everything.

Radd Redd

Oct 27, 2017
It's sad how folks, mostly seems like white folks get all territorial when people of color move into the neighborhood.

WTF is it so DAMN HARD for people to Mind Their Own Business. That's not your house. Keep Driving.