• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Very happy the driver wasn't charged. Still not sure I agree with celebrating someone's death. Guy was an asshole and he deserved to get hit but he didn't deserve to die. I won't be shedding a tear but I won't be dancing in his grave either.

wisdom0wl

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
4 pages, cmon yall

giphy.gif

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Entered thread fully expecting the person to be sentenced 20 years or something. Glad to see I was wrong.

Samara

Oct 25, 2017
Québec
He deserved that punch.
Did he deserve to die for it? No.

He was being despicable at the moment near his death. This is the way he left the world. Being a shit stain.

Deleted member 31923

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I mean, the ideal situation is that he got beat up pretty good and learned a lesson not to be a racist idiot. But this is a pretty great outcome too. The driver faces no charges and there is one less racist, violent scumbag in the world. It's a feel good story.

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
This is going to bother a lot of people, as this thread in 4 pages is illustrating very very well. People are bothered by minorities standing up for themselves. People are bothered by minorities getting away with it, as it is. So when that IT is actually something, yeah, this is pissing people off.
giphy.gif

As I'm writing this, there are zero posts in this thread angry that the driver defended himself. This thread is not illustrating the point you think it is.

Last edited:

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
He didn't deserve death, no.

That's not "defending a racist" it's defending the sanctity of a human life as a person who isn't a sociopath.

Some of you people are sincerely warped. Stop calling yourselves "progressives" if you think your politics opponents deserve death.
Ha, get out of here with that nonsense.

The racist prick started it. Shed no tears for the death of racist pricks, because they'd shed no tears if you were first up against the wall.

Etrian Oddity

Oct 26, 2017
Even in cases of clearcut self-defense and overt bigotry we still have to pause for a moment and ponder the racist.

Nothing is ever going to change.
Keep poppin' them in the mouth so they run away with tails between their legs, though. When they're away from their keyboard (or gun), these fucks get scared real quick

all y'all "oh but the poor racist!" folks need to gtfo here with that enabling shit. A hateful person left the world, I ain't gonna shed a tear over it.

Edit:
Ha, get out of here with that nonsense.

The racist prick started it. Shed no tears for the death of racist pricks, because they'd shed no tears if you were first up against the wall.
lmao beat me to it

Eros

Oct 27, 2017

That's not "defending a racist" it's defending the sanctity of a human life as a person who isn't a sociopath.
The sanctity of life. The sanctity. The

the state or quality of being holy, sacred, or saintly.
"the site of the tomb was a place of sanctity for the ancient Egyptians"
synonyms: holiness, godliness, blessedness, saintliness, spirituality, piety, piousness, devoutness, righteousness, goodness, virtue, purity

Of a racist who attacks people.

Fucking. What.

valuv

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not really looking to celebrate a death but I think a black man acting in self defense and not being wrongfully charged (or just straight up shot to death) is worth celebrating.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Black kid shot in the back by police
He was no angel

Racist assaulting someone, dies in legitimate defense
Thoughts and prayers

Menik

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Uhhh? Unwarranted? Yeah no, the guy started off by saying hateful and racist shit. At that point, depending the person, there's a good chance they will respond with hostility and violence.

If you already have someone in your face I can understand how easily violence can occur. Warren got out of his van, to approach Magnuson who was obviously trying to pick a fight. Why not just drive away? Of course that doesn't mean it's okay to be spouting out racist comments to people, but this could have ended up just as bad for Warren, and this thread would have been completely flipped.

Palantiri

Oct 25, 2017
I am sorry that the driver has to live with knowing that he killed someone, even if unintentional and deemed reasonable. I imagine that weighs on someone and I hope he can find the support he will need.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Some of you people are sincerely warped. Stop calling yourselves "progressives" if you think your politics opponents deserve death.
He wasn't a political opponent of progressives.

He was a violent racist who started an altercation he couldn't finish.

Racism is not politics. It is the one thing in this story standing in opposition to actual empathy.

You can continue on calling the people who don't really care about the dead racist sociopaths. Minorities will continue on defending ourselves since others can't be assed.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

'political opponents'

What party did he belong to? The KKK?

You ain't fooling no one.

Oct 26, 2017
If you already have someone in your face I can understand how easily violence can occur. Warren got out of his van, to approach Magnuson who was obviously trying to pick a fight. Why not just drive away? Of course that doesn't mean it's okay to be spouting out racist comments to people, but this could have ended up just as bad for Warren, and this thread would have been completely flipped.

You don't know how personal the racism gets for some people, that's the difference. Maybe you will walk away in that situation if someone called you X, Y, Z, racist stuff, but you can't really say that someone else can just "walk away" from someone saying some of the most vile things to them. Life doesn't work that way.

ryan13ts

Oct 28, 2017
how long until the "all this joy over a human dying :((( for shame, era" posts come in

I'll save you the trouble and be the first one. It's good the driver wasn't charged for this since he was defending himself but a loss of a life is regrettable, even if said person was garbage.

I just hope the driver gets some counciling, something like that probably stays with you no matter who it is.

Arkaign

Nov 25, 2017
Being racist results in summary execution? I recognize the coroner says cause of death wasn't necessarily the punch but "poor health" however there is no way the assault wasn't a major contributing factor in his death.

If it helps, forget the racism angle. It wasn't simple racist trash that was the final cause of this example of a Darwin award. It was being a VIOLENT idiot that took a swing at someone from unfounded rage. If the guy was simply a road rage idiot that attacked someone who defended themselves, and ended up dying, it would find a similar lack of sympathy. As they say : play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Locking Thread.

This feels like a thread that will only serve to cause massive arguments and isn't particularly newsworthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.