• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Shaymin

Shaymin

Oct 25, 2017
Halifax, Nova Scotia
No Pokemon Legends Arceus talk because no Greg, and I expect a lot of MLB talk this coming week.

Listener Mail: The marketability of Mario enemies, games too hard to love, literal baby games
New Business: Ghost Trick, Unsighted
Outro: Pokemon Diamond/Pearl - Battle At Spear Pillar (Smash Brawl mix)
Emails: I do miss the variant covers with a random Toronto Blue Jay on the cover for MLB games.

Download: Here
Time: 1'39"30

OP
OP
Shaymin

Shaymin

Oct 25, 2017
Halifax, Nova Scotia
OP
OP
Shaymin

Shaymin

Oct 25, 2017
Halifax, Nova Scotia
They mention the Nurse Love Addiction games as something that would be idiotic as a physical release and that already happened. (On the Vita, natch.)

Listener Mail: Why not every game deserves a physical release, how to handle Goldeneye, how to quit Games as a Service, and finding positivity
Outro: Live a Live - City of Hopelessness
Emails: Refill thine inbox.

Time: 2'07"35

OP
OP
Shaymin

Shaymin

Oct 25, 2017
Halifax, Nova Scotia
An episode you can not only take to the bank, but listen to in its entirety while waiting to get to the one teller.

New Business: That trial we weren't supposed to talk about, Skyward Sword HD, various rare eShop buys (Super Mario Advance 4, Fire Emblem Fates Revelaitons), Majora's Mask (NSO), Pokemon Legends Arceus
Listener Mail: Item management for fun and profit (?)
Outro: The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - The Zora Band (Mario and Zelda Big Band Live ed.)
Emails: Top 5s next week

Time: 3'11"33

OP
OP
Shaymin

Shaymin

Oct 25, 2017
Halifax, Nova Scotia
OP
OP
Shaymin

Shaymin

Oct 25, 2017
Halifax, Nova Scotia
You now have the mental image of a skeleton not skipping leg day in your head.

New Business: F-Zero X via NSO, Kirby and the Forgotten Land demo, Voice of Cards: The Forsaken Maiden, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury, Gran Turismo 7, Unpacking while unpacking, Psychonauts, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Listener Mail: DS and Wii games that were missed and are now exorbitant, weird remake decisions, Final Fantasy II (Famicom) and other irredeemable trash
Outro: Persona Q - Light the Fire Up In The Night (Mayonaka)
Emails: I've seen the site comments for some episodes, I don't think you can do worse in an email.

Time: 2'39"48

OP
OP
Shaymin

Shaymin

Oct 25, 2017
Halifax, Nova Scotia
OP
OP
Shaymin

Shaymin

Oct 25, 2017
Halifax, Nova Scotia

Poison Jam

Nov 6, 2017
Really nice to hear from the venerable Dr Metts again! It's like he never left.

And finally I could understand the email adress for listener mail!! Maybe I should send some.

Crimm

Oct 29, 2017
"Send me money or I will continue to email you" is a grift I've considered in the past.

Worthintendo

Oct 25, 2017
A while since this has been posted in but hoping James still checks this place every now and then. Listening to the most recent episode and he mentioned playing Unicorn Overlord while working out.

Just wondering if you see this James, are you just using standard joycons when you do this? Thinking about taking my Switch to the gym and using it on the treadmil but I get very sweaty and worried about damaging my joycons. Do yo have any special joycon skins on them for it?

Crimm

Oct 29, 2017
A while since this has been posted in but hoping James still checks this place every now and then. Listening to the most recent episode and he mentioned playing Unicorn Overlord while working out.

Just wondering if you see this James, are you just using standard joycons when you do this? Thinking about taking my Switch to the gym and using it on the treadmil but I get very sweaty and worried about damaging my joycons. Do yo have any special joycon skins on them for it?

I actually got the heads-up that this was posted. Blast from the past! Funny enough, I had literally just got back from doing another hour of cardio w/ the Switch. It goes so much faster than watching stuff on my phone or trying to read while moving up and down.

So I've done two things: Joy-Con and Pro Controller.

I prefer the Pro if I'm on the elliptical, my hands just rest on the center console where the pulse sensors are. It feels better in the hands, and its definitely less worrying if I get sweaty. I just wipe 'em down with an alcohol wipe.

Having my arms at my side works better for some other machines, and in that case I'll use the Joy-Con. Unless you sweat like weird CG de-aged Dolph Lundgren, it wont be enough to damage the controller. Wipe 'em down right after your done, preferrable with alcohol wipes (don't spray them, that might actually cause problems) but a damp paper towel followed by a dry one should do. One piece of advice though is definitely wear the straps; I've launched a controller towards the floor before.

I have to use over-ear headphones and the ear cups being soft is a problem, so I clean them literally as soon as I step off the machine. Before I did that, they picked up a little funk, and I ended up having to replace them with new ones. The plastic of the Switch doesn't need to be babied quite so heavily.

viciouskillersquirrel

Cheering your loss
Oct 25, 2017
I actually got the heads-up that this was posted. Blast from the past! Funny enough, I had literally just got back from doing another hour of cardio w/ the Switch. It goes so much faster than watching stuff on my phone or trying to read while moving up and down.

I prefer the Pro if I'm on the elliptical, my hands just rest on the center console where the pulse sensors are. It feels better in the hands, and its definitely less worrying if I get sweaty. I just wipe 'em down with an alcohol wipe.

Having my arms at my side works better for some other machines, and in that case I'll use the Joy-Con. Unless you sweat like weird CG de-aged Dolph Lundgren, it wont be enough to damage the controller. Wipe 'em down right after your done, preferrable with alcohol wipes (don't spray them, that might actually cause problems) but a damp paper towel followed by a dry one should do. One piece of advice though is definitely wear the straps; I've launched a controller towards the floor before.

I have to use over-ear headphones and the ear cups being soft is a problem, so I clean them literally as soon as I step off the machine. Before I did that, they picked up a little funk, and I ended up having to replace them with new ones. The plastic of the Switch doesn't need to be babied quite so heavily.
Have you had any experience exercising with third party joy con replacements or controllers? I use Binbok joy cons for better grip.

Worthintendo

Oct 25, 2017

Cheers for the reply dude, was looking to see if there was anywhere on the NWR Discord to ask questions or comment on the show but couldn't see anything there.

I'd def be going with Joy-Cons as like to make sure my heart rate is up, just worried I'm gonna be sweating way too much for them. I'm usually doing pretty steep inclines on the treadmill so I don't need to run and get shin splints, according to my heart rate monitor I'm sitting on between 145 and 170 BPM when working out. Maybe something more to do when I'm doing just standard walking on the treadmill and not peak cardio stuff cause while not Dolph Lundgren levels I do sweat a fair bit. Was thinking about maybe getting small plastic bags, putting Joy-Cons in then and then maybe a grip over the top to keep the bags on tight. Just a shame there is no 3rd party solution.

Currently what I do is just iPad up, watching video essays, live metal performances or the live performance of the Bravely Default soundtrack :D Did try playing Slay the Spire on the ipad but found it abit hard to control the screen at times.

Crimm

Oct 29, 2017
Have you had any experience exercising with third party joy con replacements or controllers? I use Binbok joy cons for better grip.

I haven't, but functionally, plastic is plastic. Broadly, its water-resistant with very low level of moisture absorbance. You're not gonna impart long-term stink or anything, so your major concern would be intrusion but I'm sure the product designers of things that aren't like Temu-quality have taken that into account. A good wipe-down after the fact should cover ya.

Cheers for the reply dude, was looking to see if there was anywhere on the NWR Discord to ask questions or comment on the show but couldn't see anything there.

I'd def be going with Joy-Cons as like to make sure my heart rate is up, just worried I'm gonna be sweating way too much for them. I'm usually doing pretty steep inclines on the treadmill so I don't need to run and get shin splints, according to my heart rate monitor I'm sitting on between 145 and 170 BPM when working out. Maybe something more to do when I'm doing just standard walking on the treadmill and not peak cardio stuff cause while not Dolph Lundgren levels I do sweat a fair bit. Was thinking about maybe getting small plastic bags, putting Joy-Cons in then and then maybe a grip over the top to keep the bags on tight. Just a shame there is no 3rd party solution.

Currently what I do is just iPad up, watching video essays, live metal performances or the live performance of the Bravely Default soundtrack :D Did try playing Slay the Spire on the ipad but found it abit hard to control the screen at times.

Most people just hit the #general channel or email.

So funny enough, I forgot my Pro Controller last Friday and had to use the Joy-Con with no straps. It's by no means a preference, but I the watch tells me I spent 59 minutes with my average bpm at 146+. That said, I don't sweat a TON out of my hands. If its a major concern, workout gloves are probably better than covering the controllers. the palm-only gloves I use for biking would do well; I don't think we tend to sweat much out of fingers - body is more worried about keeping furthest extremities warm than cool. The gloves can get sweaty when I go for a couple hours/20+ miles, but normally they're just dirty because I was fixing the bike or had a little wipeout and they got grimy. Either way, I just toss 'em in the wash and they're right as rain. I mostly just wear them for padding, but they also enhance grip.