• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Is this related to the thread we had last week? About the dude asking for money from Reddit to release them or something?

Regardless more Radiohead makes me happy!

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
There's at least a few hours of "studio" quality stuff. $23 is worth it for Lift/True Love Waits/Attention/early demos that aren't garbage quality. And it all goes to charity.
It's worth it for me as well. But i just want people to have a realistic imagine of what to expect. Few hours seems like a lot to me but haven't listened to everything.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Hey guys I've never heard of this band before but I just read some of their demos from the mid-1990s got hacked where should I start with listening???
I'd start with either Kid A or ok computer. Pablo honey is their first album if you want to go chronologically.

Edit : I feel like there isn't a wrong place to start tbh.
I didn't start listening to them until the last few years, you're in for a fun ride!

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
There's at least a few hours of "studio" quality stuff. $23 is worth it for Lift/True Love Waits/Attention/early demos that aren't garbage quality. And it all goes to charity.

EDIT: Timestamps from the Google DOC are gonna be a little different/the discs are shorter because they removed a lot of the copyrighted soundtrack/James Bond stuff but it's definitely higher quality than the leak.
Aaah okay. Didn't know that.

airbagged_

Jan 21, 2019
Charleston, SC
If people want an idea of what's on these discs... here's the Google Doc that's being updated and has basically a "what to listen to" on each disc... it's gonna be a little different since they removed the copyrighted stuff from the leak but no actual songs/demos were removed

Also to people going "OH THIS IS TOTALLY A MARKETING GIMMICK": Fuck you. It was reported multiple times that someone stole this stuff and got it from a USB at XL recordings during the OKNOTOK prep session and since they already had the music they decided to release it themselves.

airbagged_

Jan 21, 2019
Charleston, SC
ahhh, i can't wait to listen to this when i get home

i used to frequent Follow Me Around when i was 15 - 19 and read about the changes in songs/unreleased songs and imagine what they would sound like.

Haha my "internet handle" airbagged is basically what I came up with when I was joining the AtEase message board in the early 2000s and figured.. "Hey I like the song "Airbag" so..."

Amnesiacc

Dec 3, 2018
I was hoping they would do something like this. I fucking love demos and getting a look into the creative process, so I'm more than happy to support a charity at the same time.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017

EDIT: Timestamps from the Google DOC are gonna be a little different/the discs are shorter because they removed a lot of the copyrighted soundtrack/James Bond stuff but it's definitely higher quality than the leak.
ahh that makes sense, I was wondering why none of the Bond stuff was printed on the tracklist for whichever disc that was.

Ketch

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like a stupid target for the hacker. Pay me or I'll release your practice sessions!

Like oh no! Not our practice sessions!

Menelaus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys I've never heard of this band before
giphy.gif

Deleted member 889

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
18 hours of demos from my favorite band from one of their greatest eras... All proceeds going to charity... Insta-buy. I'm only 20 minutes in and this is already worth the price of admission. Kind of unbelievable to be listening to this right now, actually.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
Haha my "internet handle" airbagged is basically what I came up with when I was joining the AtEase message board in the early 2000s and figured.. "Hey I like the song "Airbag" so..."
Funny they did exactly what you mentioned in the other thread and just dropped it on Bandcamp all understated lol! And it's for charity. So classy.

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
So, there's some really cool stuff on here.

The Alternative Mix #3 of Lift is really nice and some of those versions of True Love Waits are pretty as all hell.

Then you have that early version of Last Flowers and it can get right in the bin.

spx54

Mar 21, 2019
lol just striaght up spit in the hacker's eye

the snippets that came out were quite good. should be a fascinating listen.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Then you have that early version of Last Flowers and it can get right in the bin.
You take that back!
It's really rough and dirty, but has an awesome chorus riff that's honestly a great loss. I was disappointed at first but I'm really into it now.

Also there are several of them, I need to figure out which one was the best one now. Listening to those leaks as single files has messed me up.
Definitely not the one with Thom just saying "Last Flowers Till Hospital" during the chorus.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What the hell? Why did this guy try to extort money from Radiohead? They are not going to cough up thousands of dollars just to prevent some old demos from getting out.

If he wanted to make money, shouldn't he just have been trying to sell this music to collectors?

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
Having spent a bit of time with the Radiohead "MiniDiscs [Hacked]" compilation, I think Radiohead have proven a few things:

1. We will literally buy anything they put out
2. It's good background into how songs evolve before they ever reach your ears in a finished form.
3. Drugs.

The 2nd point especially is important, pretty much everything on there is really rough versions of songs that span Radiohead's career, not just from OK Computer, that weren't finished until much later. Some of the evolutions are incredible and it's nice to hear them form.

At the end of the day, it's not a bad way to raise money for Extinction Rebellion, but with these discs it's obvious Radiohead have probably unlimited numbers of partial ideas of songa and unfinished concepts all over the show.

I am buzzing for the Kid A/Amensiac anniversary.