• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Mar 29, 2018
nice marketing setup with the whole "hacked" thing, gotta get noticed somehow
giphy.gif

A pretty sizable brag.
Sure, I was gonna say that lots of artists have probably done the same or similar, but when you put it in perspective 18 hours is really rather a lot

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I also really like Poison, which apparently became both Exit Music AND Life in a Glasshouse. Funny how those two melodies go together.

MajorBritten

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
The hacker is a piece of shit for trying to blackmail money for the recordings, but on the other hand if they hadnt done that this probably wouldnt have been released at all. But good on Radiohead for turning this situation into such a positive one with releasing it themselves and giving the money to charity.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
Great move by Radiohead

But to all of you laughing at the hacker for sitting on worthless mp3s... this stuff already leaked like a week ago, so he probably still got money, just not from Radiohead. Sucks to be the guy that took a bullet for all Radiohead fans and bought the mp3s to leak them, though.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I wish Radiohead were more niche, their tickets would be so much cheaper and more available

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
'people we're going to pay six figures for this stuff. it's tangentially interesting' the British sure do have a sense of understatement lmao

sucks they basically got blackmailed into it but good on them for putting it out themselves while putting some money in the pockets of a decent cause

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
Gave them 20 GBP. Downloading the flacs now. Really awesome they officially uploaded these and are donating to charity.

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
Radiohead are my favourite band.

I can't see myself trawling through 18 hours of material, so waiting for someone to do a "best of mini discs" compilation.

kvetcha

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Radiohead are my favourite band.

I can't see myself trawling through 18 hours of material, so waiting for someone to do a "best of mini discs" compilation.

It's actually a nice casual background listen. I think I'm just gonna throw on one minidisc a day.

Man, I don't know why, but I really can't stand Radiohead. This is a very obvious setup/marketing campaign.

I feel like if you actually think that you don't know much about Radiohead.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
An obvious marketing campaign for [checks notes] a dozen live takes of I Promise from 1996...the absolute bastards

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
On one hand, terrible. I bet these recordings are genuinely uninteresting and they've salvaged all they could for OK COMPUTER re-release. On the other hand, I fucking love demos. 18 hours is a goldmine.

kvetcha

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
On one hand, terrible. I bet these recordings are genuinely uninteresting and they've salvaged all they could for OK COMPUTER re-release. On the other hand, I fucking love demos. 18 hours is a goldmine.

It's a fun listen. The first track on the first minidisc is an early version of Exit Music that has Life in a Glasshouse as the bridge/closing section.

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys I've never heard of this band before but I just read some of their demos from the mid-1990s got hacked where should I start with listening???

airbagged_

Jan 21, 2019
Charleston, SC
Yeah but don't expect too much. Nowhere near the quality of anything on the actual album.
Still, very cool to hear. It's a band rehearsing, trying stuff, snippets, loops, etc. You get a better sense of what the process is like and what needs to be done to get to a final product that is OK Computer.

There's at least a few hours of "studio" quality stuff. $23 is worth it for Lift/True Love Waits/Attention/early demos that aren't garbage quality. And it all goes to charity.

EDIT: Timestamps from the Google DOC are gonna be a little different/the discs are shorter because they removed a lot of the copyrighted soundtrack/James Bond stuff but it's definitely higher quality than the leak.